Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1250659346272272384

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I guess it is finally tie to get that last Journey trophy for PS4 for me (playing with someone from beginning to end.)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Is that gonna be more than a Xbox whatever it's called

E: series X.... I thought one X for a minute but that's the current pro version. I wish they'd just start going with xboxx xboxxx xboxxxx and so forth

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

JBP posted:

Is that gonna be more than a Xbox whatever it's called

E: series X.... I thought one X for a minute but that's the current pro version. I wish they'd just start going with xboxx xboxxx xboxxxx and so forth

I recall reading some industry stuff awhile back claiming that the cost analysis of the XSX is more expensive than the PS5, but with everyone playing chicken and the situation in the world right now the price tag's up in the air.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Policenaut posted:

I recall reading some industry stuff awhile back claiming that the cost analysis of the XSX is more expensive than the PS5, but with everyone playing chicken and the situation in the world right now the price tag's up in the air.

Yeah I read that. I'm wondering if maybe Sony are using less common parts or something since everyone is claiming the series X is basically a pc and the PS5 has all that weird, custom memory/power management stuff

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Sony and MS are just feinting at each other rn. Nothing's for sure other than MS is eager to not repeat the Xbone reveal disaster and Sony always wants to have the last word.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i feel like $549 is absolutely not going to happen because i also feel like the first of the two companies to come out and say 499 is going to get dunked on with a 449 or even a 399, both companies would be willing to take a blood bath to get that kind of lead.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Xbox is for Americans and American sympathisers imo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Spend half your stimulus check on a PS5, it's worth it -- Sony

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Americans only get one stimulus cheque because Donald wants you to have to choose between Xbox and PlayStation.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm not spending half of my trumpbux on a PS5, sorry Sony

unless you show me a video of FFVIIR-2

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Spend half your stimulus check on a PS5, it's worth it -- Sony

they're right

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I've seen a lot of console war in my lifetime :corsair: but I doubt 549 will happen. Most likely lower but it's going to be a loving scramble to get ahold of a system at launch. Like, I'm talking PS2-esque launch shortage for like 6 months.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

We should start a console war veterans thread when the new systems come out and everyone can wave their fingers and call one another names.

I mean assuming that there is an Xbox thread, I've never seen it :smug:

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

JBP posted:

We should start a console war veterans thread when the new systems come out and everyone can wave their fingers and call one another names.

the original one died due to lack of interest, I think (I mean maybe there's still one around--I dunno. I just liked following it back when the Master Chief collection first came out), and the casual one got quarantined to CCCC years ago.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Holy crap, Leviathan is wrecking my poo poo, I wonder if I just need to level up or if I need to use better tactics

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Game devs don't dictate hardware price points. I don't see why you'd put that particular speculation in there. They have zero insight into production costs and what kind of losses Sony is willing to take on hardware. As for the rest, seems pretty fair. Fewer units in a global pandemic. It affected their plans and marketing is up in the air. Big deal.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JBP posted:

It's embarrassingly bad. I genuinely shudder to think of how much shitposting I'd have missed on it I got an Xbox before a PS4

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I do find that report slightly concerning only because it was a massive pain in the rear end to get a PS4 in my area for pretty much the first year.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The only good console warrior thread was the one where everyone made fun of the Wii U, and then slowly turned into the thread where everyone bought and earnestly enjoyed their Wii Us

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Both the new Xbox and PS5 will be $500. I would throw down money on that.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

homeless snail posted:

The only good console warrior thread was the one where everyone made fun of the Wii U, and then slowly turned into the thread where everyone bought and earnestly enjoyed their Wii Us

Buying a WiiU while undergoing really good therapy is what genuinely changed me. Honestly I had not owned a Nintendo console since the NES so I suddenly had a ton of good fun games to play and it helped me get past my mental unwellness. I will always love my WiiU :)

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am the world worst FF7R player

- All my characters have the revive materia, that I use constantly.
- Played the almost entire game with cloud having 3 blades, did not found the dude in wall market selling more.
- I love the one skill from barret that make him eat 2 atb and fire a billion bullets towards enemies, so much I neglect the other characters skills and abilities

My number one failure is not playing more with Tifa, she is a amazing close combat fighter.

I am not stupid, I use ATB when they are full for things like cures or buffs/nukes. But I mostly play by making sure everyone is alive and exploit any enemy weakness, if they have one. I am not doing much with the system, I am world worst most boring FF7R player.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

homeless snail posted:

The WiiU is legitimately a great machine, especially with the eShop selection for Virtual Console games, but it's not hard to see why it wasn't a success. I love mine to bits :allears:.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I occasionally regretted not getting a Wii U and then the switch came out and I don't care anymore. There's only one Wii U game that I wanted to play that you can't get on Switch now. It still annoys me they haven't released Mario 3D world on Switch though since 3D land for 3DS is one of my favorite Mario games and I still haven't played World.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Both the new Xbox and PS5 will be $500. I would throw down money on that.

In the next decade of ecofascist austerity gaming will be restricted to the 1%, and the plebs will return to playing mancala and nine men's morris

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

My wiiu have a thick layer of dust. I only got two games in there. Xenoblade Chronicles X and Breath of the Wild. BoTW was kind of cool, but did not finished it, because the gameplay is forced on the player, and the world is empty. XCX was awesome, finished it, and love it to bits.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

WiiU was a good console and I loved it a lot and played lots of good games on it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

more like pee-ugh

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Whenever someone calls BOTW empty it sets my nerd rageometer off the charts, because it is the most wrong game opinion someone could ever hold.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah what they really mean to say is "boring"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lol

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

xenoblade chronicles x is possibly the wackest rpg I’ve ever played. my life has pretty much consistently gone downhill since the moment I put the disc in

the ost makes me want to die

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

BOTW is so much fun

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Most people who hate on BOTW played it for like an hour and have no idea wtf they are talking about. The remaining few just have bad taste.

BOTW is one of the top 10 best games ever made easily.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Most people who hate on BOTW played it for like an hour and have no idea wtf they are talking about. The remaining few just have bad taste.

BOTW is one of the top 10 best games ever made easily.

but it forced its gameplay on me! forced!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I have bad taste

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

the ost makes me want to die

This fuckin thread sometimes I swear

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tei posted:

I have bad taste

It's ok I still love you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004