Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Burt please probe trump bux chat itt and open another thread or something it's been nonstop for like 10 pages now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Son of Rodney posted:

I am so glad that we went from Americans posting whether they got their trump bux to how the are gonna spend it!! This is fascinating stuff people! Are you gonna waste it? Save it? Invest it? Please share it with us thank u and God bless.

I bought a 25 pound bag of rice

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah, also I don't really feel like that was very encouraging for this thread being able to keep his head on straight because everybody was saying that the checks were gonna be here till like September and then everybody's already gotten them

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Son of Rodney posted:

I am so glad that we went from Americans posting whether they got their trump bux to how the are gonna spend it!! This is fascinating stuff people! Are you gonna waste it? Save it? Invest it? Please share it with us thank u and God bless.

Well since you asked, I'm gonna use my Trump Bucks to invest :smuggo:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Son of Rodney posted:

I dunno but these posts are even more annoying that the Trump bux so congrats?

Can we just go back to slagging Republicans again?

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Son of Rodney posted:

I'm going to buy bitcoins

I already bought the bitcoins

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!

Pick posted:

Yeah, also I don't really feel like that was very encouraging for this thread being able to keep his head on straight because everybody was saying that the checks were gonna be here till like September and then everybody's already gotten them

I ain't got poo poo

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I'm using my Trump bux to pay my taxes lol

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I'm going to buy bitcoins

I already bought the bitcoins

Sorry for your loss

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Our hospital has a cluster of cases at the hospital that are all medical workers, which sucks poo poo. And today our local nursing home reported its first case so now my butt cheeks are going to be clenched for the next 3 weeks cause the death toll here is about to shoot way up

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

naem posted:

I bought a 25 pound bag of rice

Wow the price of rice has gone way up.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
This is bullshit I’m not getting any trump bux, gently caress all of you.

naem
May 29, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

Wow the price of rice has gone way up.

it cost $69 bucks heh heh

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Only one gas station in town has switched to cashless. This part of the country is pretty hosed up

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I heard a good interview today with Dr. Amesh Adalja (he's worth following on twitter), an infectious disease/pandemic expert. He opined that mass gatherings are one of the main drivers of this pandemic. They bring in people from potentially wide geographic areas (sporting events/concerts sure as gently caress do), who spend a bunch of time together in not a lot of space, and then they go back to where they came from.

I bring this up because:
Wonder how many folks at this get-together arrived with the 'Rona vs. how many left with it.

Also, as someone from the SF Bay area:
https://twitter.com/AmeshAA/status/1250399865324081158
Thanks for beefing it in the 4th quarter, guys! :buddy:

Zugzwang fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 16, 2020

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Someone on twitter pointed out that there's a guy in the reflection who seems to be scratching his arse, lol.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Lodin posted:

Someone on twitter pointed out that there's a guy in the reflection who seems to be scratching his arse, lol.

This picture just got 100% better.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Drunk Nerds posted:

Just wanted to circle back around to Trump's tweet about "HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE & AZITHROMYCIN" being "game changers" in the fight against Covid-19.

You do realize that Trump didn't make up HCQ himself right? He just heard about it from other countries first. There is about 100 things that Trump has royally hosed up about this pandemic. Mentioning how he saw an article on daily mail or whatever about miracle drug being tested is really low on the list.

Its too early to tell if its going to be a great medicine for COVID-19. There seems to be a high level of cardiac risk when HCQ is combined with z-pac. But early studies from France and China have shown that HCQ greatly improves typical outcomes versus the control.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Cacafuego posted:

We (wife and I) get $0.
:thermidor:

I was unemployed for the first nine months of last year. My family is getting the full amount as a result. I’m pretty sure the trumpbux will immediately become an OLED 4ktv and a home theater receiver, just like our benevolent overlord intended.

Oh, and I expect to be fired in the next month. Good times!

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

coronavirus posted:

You do realize that Trump didn't make up HCQ himself right? He just heard about it from other countries first. There is about 100 things that Trump has royally hosed up about this pandemic. Mentioning how he saw an article on daily mail or whatever about miracle drug being tested is really low on the list.

Its too early to tell if its going to be a great medicine for COVID-19. There seems to be a high level of cardiac risk when HCQ is combined with z-pac. But early studies from France and China have shown that HCQ greatly improves typical outcomes versus the control.

Have you actually looked at anything regarding the whole issue? It's not been just some throwaway comment. It's been talking about it almost every day, backed up by misleading statements by right-wing media, and he suggests it's a miracle cure. There's is virtually no evidence it's useful beyond a placebo and multiple countries have stopped trials because it's too dangerous and they believe it's lead to unnecessary deaths.

There's essentially one study from France which suggest effectiveness; it's from a known fraudster and the study itself literally shows evidence of photoshopped pictures.

It's incredibly loving stupid and misguided, and that you say what you're saying and apparently believe it shows just how effective certain media has been at intentionally using this as leverage for propaganda to muddy the water and distract from how the Trump administrations utter incompetence is *literally killing thousands of American every day* and will for a long time to come, a number which could have been *massively* reduced by even semi-competent leadership.

Edit: correction, the HCQ test didn't have photoshop, just some of his past fraudulent work. The trial, however, was utter poo poo, and I repeat the guy is a known quack and fraudster, and guess what, he already has a book out about COVID19 which you should totally buy because definitely none of this is a money grab!!!

https://forbetterscience.com/2020/03/26/chloroquine-genius-didier-raoult-to-save-the-world-from-covid-19/

LimburgLimbo fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Apr 16, 2020

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Son of Rodney posted:

I'm gonna go buy some #trumppills with my #trumpbux. Then I'm going to buy a #trumphat and a #trumpet and #trumpbusk in the streets for cash from #trumpprotesters who are holding signs wearing #trumpguyfalksmasks. I'm investing my #trumpbux to get more #trumpbux.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

LimburgLimbo posted:

Have you actually looked at anything regarding the whole issue? It's not been just some throwaway comment. It's been talking about it almost every day, backed up by misleading statements by right-wing media, and he suggests it's a miracle cure. There's is virtually no evidence it's useful beyond a placebo and multiple countries have stopped trials because it's too dangerous and they believe it's lead to unnecessary deaths.

There's essentially one study from France which suggest effectiveness; it's from a known fraudster and the study itself literally shows evidence of photoshopped pictures.

It's incredibly loving stupid and misguided, and that you say what you're saying and apparently believe it shows just how effective certain media has been at intentionally using this as leverage for propaganda to muddy the water and distract from how the Trump administrations utter incompetence is *literally killing thousands of American every day* and will for a long time to come, a number which could have been *massively* reduced by even semi-competent leadership.

Edit: correction, the HCQ test didn't have photoshop, just some of his past fraudulent work. The trial, however, was utter poo poo, and I repeat the guy is a known quack and fraudster, and guess what, he already has a book out about COVID19 which you should totally buy because definitely none of this is a money grab!!!

https://forbetterscience.com/2020/03/26/chloroquine-genius-didier-raoult-to-save-the-world-from-covid-19/

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2020-04-14/rita-wilson-coronavirus-chloroquine-side-effects

Rita Wilson tried the "cure" and is basically going on record everywhere she can that it made her feel like absolute poo poo. Apparently worse than COVID-19 did?

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

ThermoPhysical posted:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2020-04-14/rita-wilson-coronavirus-chloroquine-side-effects

Rita Wilson tried the "cure" and is basically going on record everywhere she can that it made her feel like absolute poo poo. Apparently worse than COVID-19 did?

Let's not talk about this. Fine for her to say what she wants but I don't and *nobody should* give the slightest of fucks about some celebrities' anecdote regardless of what it says, and I look on this being picked up by the media in lieu of more serious examinations of the science with derision.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Zugzwang posted:

I heard a good interview today with Dr. Amesh Adalja (he's worth following on twitter), an infectious disease/pandemic expert. He opined that mass gatherings are one of the main drivers of this pandemic. They bring in people from potentially wide geographic areas (sporting events/concerts sure as gently caress do), who spend a bunch of time together in not a lot of space, and then they go back to where they came from.

I bring this up because:
Wonder how many folks at this get-together arrived with the 'Rona vs. how many left with it.

Also, as someone from the SF Bay area:
https://twitter.com/AmeshAA/status/1250399865324081158
Thanks for beefing it in the 4th quarter, guys! :buddy:
I'll add Ohio to my mental list of states to watch and see if there's a jump in cases, along with South Dakota (600+ infected at Smithfield meat-packing plant) and Idaho (Ammon Bundy's Easter service*). I sort of wish the people who are going to die would do it now and get it over with.

quote:

The event appeared to draw about 60 people, about half of whom when asked by Rodriguez said they'd traveled from out of state. Some seemed to know each other and hugged and shook hands. No one wore masks or any other protective gear. Outside, American flags were mounted on pickup trucks with bumper stickers promoting the Three Percenters militia, as a man at the entrance blew on a shofar, an adopted symbol of the rebellious anti-federal Patriot Movement.

Another line I really liked:

quote:

Randy Blazak, chair of the Oregon Coalition Against Hate Crime, says the COVID-19 pandemic is fertile ground for these groups' recruitment efforts. It's a time of high anxiety when civil liberties are taking the back seat to public health restrictions.
. . . .

While there have been hundreds of cases in Blaine County, Idaho, and on reservations in the West, as a whole Blazak says there haven't been many reported infections yet in rural areas.

"The people in rural America don't quite see the real body count," he says. "So it's very real for them to deny the severity of the virus."

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

trickybiscuits posted:

I'll add Ohio to my mental list of states to watch and see if there's a jump in cases, along with South Dakota (600+ infected at Smithfield meat-packing plant) and Idaho (Ammon Bundy's Easter service*). I sort of wish the people who are going to die would do it now and get it over with.

Another line I really liked:

playing a jewish temple instrument on easter? infidels

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
I think in Italy people are literally going crazy from isolation

https://youtu.be/tL7gE_9R1TU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Whatever I get probably gets tossed to Biden 2020, gently caress the troll doll already

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
We've been sheltering in the bay area for a while and I didn't know anyone with it, until (probably) today. My wife's dad in AZ has the symptoms of it, mostly just fever and feeling like poo poo but it's only been a couple of days. We spoke to him on the phone and sent him lots of family pictures. He's in pretty bad health so we're preparing for the worst.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Son of Rodney posted:

Mine is going to go toward defraying the cost of the new HVAC I have to get this summer. Probably a Trane XR16

Now, I know you're going to say to me, Raskolnikov2089, it's basically a Trane XR13 but $2000 more. But, hear me out, the SEER rating is a good 3 points higher.

You don't really get this quality with a single stage until you hit the XR20, XR19 *maybe*. And I don't have to tell you, double Trumpbux won't cover even a quarter of that beast. But man, could you imagine if they could?

Plus there's a tax rebate program going on right now for upgrading my old HVAC system to a much higher SEER rating, so I think that plus my spouses's payment PLUS the tax credit for going with a more expensive, but higher SEER rated system will even out vs going for the XR13, especially when you account for energy savings.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Son of Rodney posted:

I'm gonna buy a gtx 2080ti that's marked up 300% by price scalpers and post about every step of the shipping process just to spite u

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Mine is going to go toward defraying the cost of the new HVAC I have to get this summer. Probably a Trane XR16

Now, I know you're going to say to me, Raskolnikov2089, it's basically a Trane XR13 but $2000 more. But, hear me out, the SEER rating is a good 3 points higher.

You don't really get this quality with a single stage until you hit the XR20, XR19 *maybe*. And I don't have to tell you, double Trumpbux won't cover even a quarter of that beast. But man, could you imagine if they could?

Plus there's a tax rebate program going on right now for upgrading my old HVAC system to a much higher SEER rating, so I think that plus my spouses's payment PLUS the tax credit for going with a more expensive, but higher SEER rated system will even out vs going for the XR13, especially when you account for energy savings.

How many MPM does that bad boy give you

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

coronavirus posted:

It's already been revealed that one of Turmps donors (Joe Pizza?) is married to a woman that is on the board of a company that makes the crap. His corruption is so pathetically blatant it's not even funny.

necroid
May 14, 2009

Tafferling posted:

I think in Italy people are literally going crazy from isolation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL7gE_9R1TU

lol

on a sadder note : a lot of private elderly care facilities are currently under investigation here in Italy because no measures were taken or they were taken too late, resulting in a lot of old people dying and a lot of angry families demanding to know what happened, especially because no one bothered to tell them anything until it was too late (this country has had a lot of old people)

another alarming thing that's pretty common all over the world too : lockdown means that people with abusive, addicted, alcoholic relatives/partners have no chance to avoid them now that they're all stuck together. consider yourself lucky if you're not one of them and if you still whine about having to be locked down all alone with nothing to do.

also what's happening in china with black people is heartbreaking to read, I've lost all hope in mankind years ago but stuff like this is always a painful reminder that we suck a whole lot

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I bought stuff for my baby, some stuff for myself, some stuff for my wife and paid the rent I was late on (landlord didn't care about this pre-pandemic) and rent for next month. Gonna be kinda sad when I blow through all my stimulus immediately but rent isn't a horrible thing to be shelling out for I guess.

I hope goons everywhere are safe, and also your goon families

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

all these people are gonna be like "what could we have done? it was inevitable :shrug:" when they bring corona home with them. it's loving disgusting.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

This is legit more interesting and helpful than any other trump bux post so far. I personally appreciate properly designed hvac systems and as an renewable energy/efficiency engineer I applaud your commitment to efficiently constructed systems. Best of luck fellow goon and might your summer be cool and pleasant!!

On a more serious note I'm noticing hardcore quarantine fatigue both for myself and the people around me. My girlfriend had a breakdown two days ago since she doesn't have a job, can't apply, gets no benefits and can't go out to distract herself. She's staying with me for free but it still breaks my heart to see her so stressed. Other people are going out more again and even I as a natural homebody am struggling to stay indoors.

A friend of mine also has the roni from working in a hospital, but luckily is doing fine. He told me explicitly to not tell people about how he's pretty much fine, because at his hospital they are intubating multiple young people and he says it's a horrible sight to see. At least I can help him spend some time playing video games.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Son of Rodney posted:

On a more serious note I'm noticing hardcore quarantine fatigue both for myself and the people around me. My girlfriend had a breakdown two days ago since she doesn't have a job, can't apply, gets no benefits and can't go out to distract herself. She's staying with me for free but it still breaks my heart to see her so stressed. Other people are going out more again and even I as a natural homebody am struggling to stay indoors.

I feel you on this one. I'm really glad that I have an infant and a toddler to distract my wife otherwise she would go stir-crazy. To make things worse her parents have chronic health problems (especially her father). Thankfully we have video chat. She is an outgoing and social person so she is suffering much more than cynical old me.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Lodin posted:

lmao I would too

"I scratch my rear end at thee!"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

coronavirus posted:

lmao are you a gimmick account trying to spread coronavirus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

I feel you on this one. I'm really glad that I have an infant and a toddler to distract my wife otherwise she would go stir-crazy. To make things worse her parents have chronic health problems (especially her father). Thankfully we have video chat. She is an outgoing and social person so she is suffering much more than cynical old me.

This reads really terribly for you, Shinku ABOOKEN!