Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

1. Uncharted Drake’s Fortune - Crushing
2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Crushing
An improvement on the first game in every way. Combat worked way better and was more fluid, no big battle areas with back spawning. Stealth kills that worked. Cooler and more varied environments. Final boss fight was super hard but really fun still. Hadn’t played it in ten years but still a great game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dragon Quest II: Luminaries of the Legendary Line. Despite a few annoying enemies towards the end, it was an improvement over the first game in almost every way, and I really enjoyed the first game.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Resident Evil 3 Remake

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.

In Training posted:

In chapter 3 you're a taxi driver driving this lady around and a girl being chased some dude jumps in front of you and your instinct is to swerve and avoid them. In chapter 4 you play as that girl and when you run across a street at one point you see the driver play the inputs back and you're supposed to avoid it even though it's a squirrely mess since the driving controls are so lovely. It briefly reminded me of Nier Automata's 9S menu cutscenes lol. The game pwns.

Cool, I've always wanted to try those. Is DR4 any good?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

turok remastered 100%

fun game, the extended fog is practically cheating since looking at reviews from 1997 people kept saying how hard the game is and i only died once in my playthrough when i missed a way too precise jump. it would have been awful to play on an n64

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
drat even found all the chronoscepter pieces? Nice.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

drat even found all the chronoscepter pieces? Nice.

yeah, the level 7 one was complete horseshit but all the other ones i found organically just through being observant during normal play. it made the final boss a joke since i blasted his rear end in a top hat before he even finished his starting animation. i dont care though since the boss fights sucked anyway

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

trying to jack off posted:

i dont care though since the boss fights sucked anyway
Excuse me?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aui_RdsCkWw&t=50s

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lm fao

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Lmfao that one kicked rear end

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
Red Dead Redemption 2
Doom Eternal Nightmare

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

FF VII Remake

It was a hell of a ride

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fear, it wasnt scary at all but the combat was fun. the ai did some impressive stuff at times

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

oh i forgot to post i also beat mega satan in baby isaac rebirth a few weeks ago. i think that counts as beating it since it seems like theres just some items to unlock now and i dont have the patience for that

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

Fear, it wasnt scary at all but the combat was fun. the ai did some impressive stuff at times

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

spoopy ring girl that cant hurt you isnt scary, its just the facts

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Dark forces

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
so far this year:

super mario odyssey (credits)
sayonara wild hearts
dragon quest builders 2
uncharted: drake's fortune (crushing)
dragon quest
phoenix wright: ace attorney

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

dark feces. Boom!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mysterious loyall X posted:

dark feces. Boom!
Sorry to hear that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

14. Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles. all the new character designs from the masterminds at Cavia look extremely stupid.

at this point the only RE games i have left to play are Darkside Chronicles and Operation Raccoon City. maybe one day.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oh theres some PS1/2 light gun games i havent played either but non-wii light gun games are annoying to emulate well with mouse clicks.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

oh theres some PS1/2 light gun games i havent played either but non-wii light gun games are annoying to emulate well with mouse clicks.

Playing a light gun game with a mouse is hyper-fail.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't have a tv that will actually work with light guns unless there's like USB solutions for Computer.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

The PS1/PS2 light gun games aren't actually rail shooters anyway, they're FPSes with movement that let you use a lightgun weirdly enough

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

I don't have a tv that will actually work with light guns unless there's like USB solutions for Computer.
Hmm, some suggested reading for you.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3760713&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=6#post455235943

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Pleased to report that I have completed Sonic Spinball.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
13. Gravity Rush 2 (All Stories/Characters)

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Nier: Automata

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
1. super mario odyssey - 100% except for outfits because i didnt feel like coin farming

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

4. Doom
5. Doom II
playing TNT Evilution now and theres a LOT of hitscan bullshit..

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

FF7 Remake, now for hard mode

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Ultima: Quest of the Avatar (NES)

Insanely better than Exodus, combat still rotten but at least you're not forced to shoot in a straight line.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

15. The Portopia Serial Murder Case. I had to use a guide to finish this bc there's three pieces of evidence that are just completely blind pixel hunts that I never would have found on my own. Incredibly cool game though, thank you based fan translators keeping gems like this alive.

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Slay the Spire (Ironclad Ascension 20)

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 100% Dark Side ending

don't play this game unless you're extremely tolerant of mid 90s fps game design. most of the game hasn't aged well beyond things like i had to crank my mouse down to 200dpi just to have a usable sensitivity, the force powers are all useless and needlessly gated too far into the game so you dont really get to enjoy any of the ones that actually do anything until the last few levels and every single light saber duel sucks an boils down to circle strafing the boss so you can hit their back and lucky the last 2 levels are just that so the game ends on a real wet fart. there's extra force stars you get by finding every secret so just knowing that makes you explore every cranny of the level over the fear you might miss out.

the absolute worst thing about the game is the diakatana-esque level design though. on one stage after taking an elevator down i went around the corner and found a secret which was a dead end. the actual intended route was a vent i had to cut half down the elevator shaft and jump through and then once getting to the roof i had to blind drop onto a tiny platform and pixel walk around to a ramp and then jump down to an entrance that is the same texture as the ramp surrounding it so it's like trying to land the leap of faith from the last crusade. any mistakes during this would result in me landing in an instant kill zone. this is to say nothing of the many times i spent running in circles trying to find the switch i missed pressing that was crucial to proceed.

when the game didnt have any of this bullshit i had a lot of fun blowing up storm troopers and cutting off their limbs and the famous crashing ship level was super impressive for something made in 1997. i cant wait to start on jedi outcast knowing it fixes basically every issue with this game though lol.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

In Training posted:

15. The Portopia Serial Murder Case. I had to use a guide to finish this bc there's three pieces of evidence that are just completely blind pixel hunts that I never would have found on my own. Incredibly cool game though, thank you based fan translators keeping gems like this alive.

what version did you play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maya Fey posted:

what version did you play

The NES version with the romhackingdotnet fan tl. The finale was awesome