Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
I like your podcast dude so why don't you chill the gently caress out and not get yourself permabanned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/hoob_mark/status/1248660909981085696?s=21

found a helen keller truther and like

https://www.pw.org/content/helen_keller_archive_lost_world_trade_center_attack

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

CRACK PING

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

What the gently caress

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
but for real Stevie wonder can def see a little

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

i don’t believe the Stevie wonder one but I think it’s loving funny and there’s that clip where he grabs a falling mic stand

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

https://youtu.be/Ebts1FMCgb4

It looks like he either hears Paul McCartney bump into it and kind of reaches for where he figures it will be falling, or is getting passed over for a low five from Paul

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

aren’t there different kinds of blindness? like in some people their eyes work fine but they have some sort of problem with the visual processing part of their brain?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

inferis posted:

aren’t there different kinds of blindness? like in some people their eyes work fine but they have some sort of problem with the visual processing part of their brain?

yeah there are tons of weird things that can happen there

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

inferis posted:

No theres only one kind

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Vision is physiologically complex and therefore has many exciting ways to fail, from neurological visual processing problems (hemispatial neglect, agnosia) to retinal issues (macular degeneration, tears) to problems with the lens and muscles inside the eye (extreme myopia/hyperopia, cataract) to the cornea on the exterior of the eye (astigmatism)

What I have listed by way of examples is a small fraction of the ways vision can go awry and they are all so different

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

gh0stpinballa posted:

lmao the pedophocracy think they have won

Not sure what you originally had here, but it was apparently bad, and I will remind you all that as per Lowtax's instructions we're going to start dropping bricks on you from the tenth story.

This is your warning.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

inferis posted:

one of my friends growing up had a dad that was nominally "blind" from an accident but could still play basketball. Just, he could only see vague shapes/movement/etc. Being able to see good enough to play yardball is different from being able to see well enough to drive a semi again. And yeah there's a LOT of variation in what's "blind". From "literal darkness no sight at all" to "I mean he can't drive again or read a book but otherwise can do ok for himself."

Similar deal with hearing loss. I'm technically past the threshold to be considered deaf in one ear but I can still hear with it, just y'know, poorly. And the other one mostly works.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Lightning Knight posted:

Not sure what you originally had here, but it was apparently bad, and I will remind you all that as per Lowtax's instructions we're going to start dropping bricks on you from the tenth story.

This is your warning.

what does this mean?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

papa horny michael posted:

what does this mean?

Making threats or advocating for political violence is getting cracked down on, at the direction of Lowtax. Do not make threats against or advocate for violence against public figures.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
ah okay. I didn't know the context at all, nor lowtax rulings. will do.

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
and the machine wins again

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Inverted Icon posted:

and the machine wins again

lowtax really wants to not be talked to by alphabet agencies so specific threats are very, very bad for the continued existence of a subforum.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

lowtax really wants to not be talked to by alphabet agencies again so specific threats are very, very bad for the continued existence of a subforum.

He did get a secret service home visit out of LF, that's one of many reasons there's no longer LF.

Also not sure how many of you have been around long enough to remember but we've had at least one documented instance of whackjobs telegraphing intent here and asking for weapons advice before doing a Bronson over some halloween pumpkins

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1704519&highlight=

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
Did steven wolfram ever make an appearance in the epstein timeline?

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Helsing posted:

I like your podcast dude so why don't you chill the gently caress out and not get yourself permabanned.

i thought it would be obvious someone claiming to make thermite out of cat litter and micro machines was being silly

edit: also i can't remember what else i posted but i definitely didn't threaten anybody, so the reaction here seems a tad overkill

gh0stpinballa has issued a correction as of 00:37 on Apr 17, 2020

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

:rolleyes: law enforcement, speaking exclusively to some lovely tabloid, have indicated that rather than rich investors looking to but flight infrastructure near a major international airport, this is clearly a jewish conspiracy. this is also part of a bigger conspiracy and definitely not a deranged rear end in a top hat on a murder spree shooting at large, close objects that would run up the body count. yeah, the cops were incompetent cowards and didn't even try to stop him, but that's just standard practice.

inferis posted:

Blindsight is a condition where people process visual stimuli but don't consciously perceive it. The visual cortex is divided into 6 different functional regions, with the first receiving signals directly from the optic nerve and each subsequent region performing a more diversified function. The classic example is that baseball players have to recognize a pitched ball, recognize its motion, predict where it will be, and swing in about half the time it takes to "see" the ball in the sense that we typically think of it. Since brains do all sorts of weird poo poo, the memory of this happening is retroactively perceived as happening in sync with conscious perception of the pitch and the ball.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

A Real Hologram posted:

someone explain this to me… I will sit here and wait for your answer when my brain cracks and Pings

https://twitter.com/inthematrixxx/status/1243920138321244163?s=21

the consistency with which everyone here is a piece of poo poo is somehow comforting.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I actually row with a blind athlete and it’s amazing how much and how little she can see with 20% of peripheral vision in one eye. I thought blindness was total darkness, but it’s way more complex and interesting.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I admit it’s shooting the messenger and that even I’m marginally convinced but the guy behind that thread is a total reactionary Trad Orthodox dude

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

How did we never guess that Area 51's true purpose is top secret sex tourism

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dumb Lowtax posted:

How did we never guess that Area 51's true purpose is top secret sex tourism

clap those alien cheeks

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/propublica/status/1251095812031086592?s=19

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Trump covering for Bush. Sad.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Sure seems like our good friends the Saudis did 9/11.

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3

Frosted Flake posted:

Sure seems like our good friends the Saudis did 9/11.

I mean, at our/the pedophocracy's behest, yeah.

Certainly puts a lot of things about MBS into perspective. Including his Saudi partisanship relative (heh) to his extremely Westernized family, his weird relationship with the US, and the fact that his literal supervillain origin story is apparently "watched 9/11 news coverage, was appalled and also extremely worried for any Saudis living abroad, that people would hate them". He also apparently helped his dad run Riyadh for years while the rest of the family ran around Europe and partied. Dude has got to be unbelievably pissed.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Whatever happened as the result of that missile attack on Saudi oil fields? Do we still have a bunch of troops over there building radars to protect the billionaire's properties?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

HELLO LADIES posted:

I mean, at our/the pedophocracy's behest, yeah.

Certainly puts a lot of things about MBS into perspective. Including his Saudi partisanship relative (heh) to his extremely Westernized family, his weird relationship with the US, and the fact that his literal supervillain origin story is apparently "watched 9/11 news coverage, was appalled and also extremely worried for any Saudis living abroad, that people would hate them". He also apparently helped his dad run Riyadh for years while the rest of the family ran around Europe and partied. Dude has got to be unbelievably pissed.

you're implying MBS didn't want 9/11 to happen?

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3

Karl Barks posted:

you're implying MBS didn't want 9/11 to happen?

You realize the dude was like 15 at the time, right?

ETA: Here's the article that goes into the detail about the 9/11 stuff. The whole thing is fairly interesting, especially the part with his two older brother's from Salman's first wife dying of heart attacks in their early forties in 2001/2002, both after being seemingly very pro-US.

HELLO LADIES has issued a correction as of 06:20 on Apr 18, 2020

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

gh0stpinballa posted:

i thought it would be obvious someone claiming to make thermite out of cat litter and micro machines was being silly

edit: also i can't remember what else i posted but i definitely didn't threaten anybody, so the reaction here seems a tad overkill

I am sorry if I overreacted but the forums are kind of on edge right now and the site owner issued a somewhat ambiguous but sweeping new statement on steering clear of anything that implies support for political violence. Exactly how that directive will hash out in practice is still being figured out, hence my concern. I do not think anything you posted was an actual incitement to violence but this exact moment in time is about the worst moment possible to say anything that could be misconstrued in that way.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Helsing posted:

I am sorry if I overreacted but the forums are kind of on edge right now and the site owner issued a somewhat ambiguous but sweeping new statement on steering clear of anything that implies support for political violence. Exactly how that directive will hash out in practice is still being figured out, hence my concern. I do not think anything you posted was an actual incitement to violence but this exact moment in time is about the worst moment possible to say anything that could be misconstrued in that way.

fair play

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm basically one step away from believing in Delta Green as facts.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Kids go crazy for these 9/11s

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005
I believe the JANET = CIA thing because I found out the hard way that those signs that say "boutique airlines" mean federal prisoner transport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

there is literally an airline called “boutique air” that operates tiny planes so that may not actually have been a euphemism