Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

i've realized my superpower is going into the fitting room exactly when someone is arriving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Tarnop posted:

I feel bad for people who got Sprocket in their first 5 because his character-specific furnishings are incredible.

Well, looked this up and it loving rules, somewhat annoyed that Sprocket was one of my first two. They should have some mechanic to get one of the first five villagers to have their full home dopeness but they probably wont. Oh well, there's basically no chance I'm gonna boot him, he's a) a loving robot ostrich b) someone who reminds me to get exercise irl and c) my bestest friend in the whole world. Maybe if I somehow magically got his amiibo card or whatever I'd boot and re-invite him (that keeps your friendship with them, right? someone said the villagers remember) but otherwise, even with a pretty loving boring house, Sprocket stays.

Yesterday I gave him a Bruce Lee yellow jumpsuit and he wore it immediately. He's the only villager who gave me a nickname. He means more to me than my own flesh and blood. I'd say that's the quarantine talking -- but we'd all know that's a lie.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Akarshi posted:

Gonna open up my island while I work.

Rodeo is making a Golden Dung Beetle. He's on the left side of the island in the dark house.
Able's has detective coats, Attus robes, school caps, ski masks, bubblegum etc.
Buy whatever you want from Nook!

Dodo: 5GC87

:bubblewoop:

Those Attus robes are tiiiiiight, ditto for the detective coat. Time to begin the real game, Animal Crossing: Noir Horizons

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

thexerox123 posted:

Ugh, trying to get an amiibo character to move to my island and they asked for a cardboard bed. :/

Kicking myself for always just selling the boxes.

I don't suppose anyone has a cardboard bed or boxes that they'd be willing to trade or sell to me today?

How many do you need? I don't have the recipe but i have some boxes.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 25, 2020

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Isabelle told me i had to remove some trees because my island was ”too rural”, so i got drunk, and mowed down one of my orchards. Come back to check about what else i need and I get the credits, guess I won.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I want my 3 snapping turtles back :negative:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I made some designs.

https://twitter.com/tweeterisawful/status/1247880638046191617

https://twitter.com/tweeterisawful/status/1250772660541251584

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Digital Osmosis posted:

Well, looked this up and it loving rules, somewhat annoyed that Sprocket was one of my first two. They should have some mechanic to get one of the first five villagers to have their full home dopeness but they probably wont. Oh well, there's basically no chance I'm gonna boot him, he's a) a loving robot ostrich b) someone who reminds me to get exercise irl and c) my bestest friend in the whole world. Maybe if I somehow magically got his amiibo card or whatever I'd boot and re-invite him (that keeps your friendship with them, right? someone said the villagers remember) but otherwise, even with a pretty loving boring house, Sprocket stays.

Yesterday I gave him a Bruce Lee yellow jumpsuit and he wore it immediately. He's the only villager who gave me a nickname. He means more to me than my own flesh and blood. I'd say that's the quarantine talking -- but we'd all know that's a lie.

Literally same,i keep all his letters

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I genuinely love how everyone defends their favorite villager to the death as if they aren't the same eight sets of text lines but with a different model or texture

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Nintendo: We have this great new idea for a game. It's a life simulator, and the central design feature is that it is tied to real time! You have to wait for things to progress, which encourages patience.

Fans: We adjust the system clock constantly to blast through all game progress instantly

Nintendo: Oh, we see, I guess we'll make the game kind of accommodate that.. Anyway, another central feature is that you're moving into a village that contains members of a wide and varied cast of NPCs, who live their own lives and can move in or out of town on their own accord! This will encourage acceptance of a wide variety of friends.

Fans: We want ANKHA and MARSHALL and loving NOBODY ELSE GOD DAMMIT

Nintendo: Ah, ok. I guess we can implement a system where villagers can be invited to the island, which we can tie in with our amiibo capabilities. Another core tenet of the game is an enormous catalog of furniture items, which will be available very slowly over time to encourage a feeling of surprise and accomplishment when finding items that fit your needs!

Fans: I want to PICK EVERYTHING FROM A GOD DAMNED DATAMINED LIST and have it IMMEDIATELY and then NEVER CARE ABOUT FURNITURE AGAIN

Nintendo: ...

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

I made the exact same mistake. It's the same but worse. :negative:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Spaced God posted:

I genuinely love how everyone defends their favorite villager to the death as if they aren't the same eight sets of text lines but with a different model or texture

But it's a better model, and also a house full of legally ambiguous Egyptian artifacts :colbert:

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
People are going to pay real-world money to get access to a shop that's open 24 hours, just you wait...

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Lux Animus posted:

People are going to pay real-world money to get access to a shop that's open 24 hours, just you wait...

Turnip exchange has people asking like $1-5 for 400+ turnip prices lmao

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Happitoo posted:

Going to try opening my town and just sit idle while I work. Hopefully my internet will stay stable.

Drake is making Golden Dung Beetle DIY he’s in the house closest to the river on the right hand side when you get off the plane.

Saharah is running around somewhere

Turnip prices are trash

No idea what Able Sisters has since its only 8am currently

Dodo code is: CLOSED

Edit: please don’t gently caress up my flowers. I’m working hard on them.

Drake stopped making cool poo poo so I'm going to shut it down. There's nothing else good going on right now.

EDIT: I lied, there is still cool poo poo going on.

Abel Sisters has Balloon Hats, Mage Hats and Night Vision Goggles. So if someone wants to look like a Splinter Cell Clown, town is back open with an new dodo code: CLOSED

Happitoo fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 16, 2020

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.
Reposting because the crafting changed and my town is currently empty.

Saharah is in my town today:

simple pink bath mat
black blocks rug
yellow kilim-style carpet
ivy wall
cloud flooring (YOU WANT THIS)

Molly is crafting log decorative shelves.

The place is kinda a mess right now but feel free to look around.

CLOSED

Fru Fru fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Apr 16, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

TRNP keeps going down and my promised spike keeps creeping into the future. I assume I'm guaranteed a positive return at *some* point during the week? Or maybe Nintendo's finally punishing me for breaking the timestream to open my airport on day one :sweatdrop:

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
I hid a present on a friend's island, he wasn't too happy when he found it.

https://i.imgur.com/De36D0v.mp4

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Captain Hygiene posted:

TRNP keeps going down and my promised spike keeps creeping into the future. I assume I'm guaranteed a positive return at *some* point during the week? Or maybe Nintendo's finally punishing me for breaking the timestream to open my airport on day one :sweatdrop:

You are not guaranteed a positive return. Note that your projection includes the possibility of continued decline.

There are a few different patterns that turnip prices generally follow, one of them is "slowly declines all week" and it looks like that's what you've got. You're gonna want to travel to unload those bad boys.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

ALFbrot posted:

Nintendo: We have this great new idea for a game. It's a life simulator, and the central design feature is that it is tied to real time! You have to wait for things to progress, which encourages patience.

Fans: We adjust the system clock constantly to blast through all game progress instantly

Nintendo: Oh, we see, I guess we'll make the game kind of accommodate that.. Anyway, another central feature is that you're moving into a village that contains members of a wide and varied cast of NPCs, who live their own lives and can move in or out of town on their own accord! This will encourage acceptance of a wide variety of friends.

Fans: We want ANKHA and MARSHALL and loving NOBODY ELSE GOD DAMMIT

Nintendo: Ah, ok. I guess we can implement a system where villagers can be invited to the island, which we can tie in with our amiibo capabilities. Another core tenet of the game is an enormous catalog of furniture items, which will be available very slowly over time to encourage a feeling of surprise and accomplishment when finding items that fit your needs!

Fans: I want to PICK EVERYTHING FROM A GOD DAMNED DATAMINED LIST and have it IMMEDIATELY and then NEVER CARE ABOUT FURNITURE AGAIN

Nintendo: ...

yeah, i literally don't understand why someone would want to play the game if they do all of that anyways. I wonder how many of those people are going to be like "AC doesn't have enough to do!" when the next game rolls around, will buy it anyways, completely break the game, and stop playing after two months while complaining about it.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Akarshi posted:

Rodeo is making a Golden Dung Beetle. He's on the left side of the island in the dark house.

thank u for the clothes. left a tip outside Rodeo

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Captain Hygiene posted:

There is a pattern where it just decreases all week, which I had last week. If your price didn't spike by this afternoon, if find a different island to offload them on.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

ALFbrot posted:

You are not guaranteed a positive return. Note that your projection includes the possibility of continued decline.

There are a few different patterns that turnip prices generally follow, one of them is "slowly declines all week" and it looks like that's what you've got. You're gonna want to travel to unload those bad boys.

Infidel Castro posted:

There is a pattern where it just decreases all week, which I had last week. If your price didn't spike by this afternoon, if find a different island to offload them on.

Thanks...wasn't 100% sure if the minimum included just the lower bound and there'd be at least a slight max above 100 too.
It's not actually a big deal since I've already made a bunch selling half my stock, more that I was just hoping for something interesting locally. I'll just shop around I guess.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Electric Phantasm posted:

Dang. :/

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n56gSwQVpV4

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Thanks...wasn't 100% sure if the minimum included just the lower bound and there'd be at least a slight max above 100 too.
It's not actually a big deal since I've already made a bunch selling half my stock, more that I was just hoping for something interesting locally. I'll just shop around I guess.

We have lots of high prices in the Discord at this very moment.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Digital Osmosis posted:

Mira was my OG and I've even made an amiibo card for her already, but I can't bring myself to boot her out even though she'd be back in 4 days. I'm hoping if/when I finally do go through with it, it feels like a friend went on vacation and came back with new furniture and not like, a doppelganger arriving to take their place. It's already kind of freaky running into neighbors of yours in other towns and they act like they don't know you.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

someone awful. posted:

i sure the hell don't :( max of 131 according to the turnip predictor thingy

Lmao mine have been dropping all week. They're 72 now.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Turnips are crap but there's some good stuff to buy so I'll leave it open just in case while I'm doing other stuff this morning.

Lots of flowery dresses/skirts/pants, 3D glasses, catcher's masks, but most importantly space helmets if anyone picked up a space suit on its own. Also some freebies and fossils to dig through. Flick's in town, so feel free to pester him until he breaks down and buys from visitors.

Dodo code closed
E: had to close for now, thanks for visiting + leaving notes

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Apr 16, 2020

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

The Sean posted:

yeah, i literally don't understand why someone would want to play the game if they do all of that anyways. I wonder how many of those people are going to be like "AC doesn't have enough to do!" when the next game rolls around, will buy it anyways, completely break the game, and stop playing after two months while complaining about it.

I've been watching some YouTube videos of 5-star islands with my daughter to get inspiration of what we could do to ours. It's kind of impressive what people have done, but part of the enjoyment of the game to me is finally getting a DIY recipe or finding something for sale that matches the theme of the room I'm trying to create.

When I finally got a better table to replace my cardboard box, that was fun.

I, personally, would rather slow play this game and get items as I find them, or travel to other islands, rather than hop in an item trading Discord and get everything I want immediately.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Hey, who wants to offload turnips

cos' my island is going for 311 right now :v:
https://turnip.exchange/island/9838ebb5

if you want to leave something, I'd rather have spare DIY recipes/weird furniture than bells

also, it's my birthday, so feel free to doodle something silly on the board while waiting :shobon:

e: thanks for coming! my switch is almost dead now, and prices were about to change, so it's closed!

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 16, 2020

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Akarshi posted:

Closing up now, thanks everyone for stopping by!!

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

I’ve played this game for hours every day since it came out and no villager has asked me to change their catchphrase yet. Is that not a thing anymore? I feel like I had to come up with a catchphrase like every day in the past games.

I don’t miss it but just wondering.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ZentraediElite posted:

I, personally, would rather slow play this game and get items as I find them, or travel to other islands, rather than hop in an item trading Discord and get everything I want immediately.

The discord we have here is basically travelling to each others islands often to get random DIYs. Sure, still getting DIYs faster than I would by staying home but I really enjoy the experience of someone opening their gates and letting folks in. Item trading seems heartless and transactional. Hopping in a circle of open towns feels more communal, a sharing of a bounty. Capitalizing on my villagers DIY would feel wrong to me, but opening my gates so that everyone can freely share the information, is my duty to them as a human.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Seymour Buttz posted:

I’ve played this game for hours every day since it came out and no villager has asked me to change their catchphrase yet. Is that not a thing anymore? I feel like I had to come up with a catchphrase like every day in the past games.

I don’t miss it but just wondering.

i read this and went back to the game and had a villager come up and ask me to change their catchphrase lol

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Klaus is currently crafting a Golden helmet. Anyone looking to complete their armorset can come snag it, I'll be afking for a while with it open.
Also Gala, the very cute pig, is moving out and currently boxed up if anyone wants to invite her.

https://turnip.exchange/island/ac99a5ae

both houses are right in front of the airport, you literally physically cannot miss them

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011

Blaziken386 posted:

Hey, who wants to offload turnips

cos' my island is going for 311 right now :v:
https://turnip.exchange/island/9838ebb5

if you want to leave something, I'd rather have spare DIY recipes/weird furniture than bells

also, it's my birthday, so feel free to doodle something silly on the board while waiting :shobon:

Just made a sale on your island. Looks quite nice! Hope I didn't just give your tips to some random person sitting in front of your store. Happy Birthday!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

ZentraediElite posted:

I've been watching some YouTube videos of 5-star islands with my daughter to get inspiration of what we could do to ours. It's kind of impressive what people have done, but part of the enjoyment of the game to me is finally getting a DIY recipe or finding something for sale that matches the theme of the room I'm trying to create.

When I finally got a better table to replace my cardboard box, that was fun.

I’ve been playing for a couple weeks now and I’m still using cardboard boxes because I hate putting stuff on the floor and don’t want to keep building the same table over and over. I wait until I come across better tables, like the vintage TV tray that was for sale in my Nooks today.

As much as I’m loving this game, I wish I could change a villager’s name. One of my starting villagers is Katt and she asked for a nickname, so I just gave her my real life nickname. However, that nickname was given to me in real life by a close friend of mine named Cat but we had a falling out over a year ago and she refuses to speak to me. Just makes me a little bit sad now, is all. :/

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Got my wife hooked on this finally, shes never played video games before. Yesterday while I was working she went to a friends island and got me a cool 1.6mil in turnip sales! Then on her profile she caught TWO drat colecanths and a drat oar fish and a snapping turtle. I've never been more proud. It's been like two weeks and we still dont have the Abel sisters store - is there something we're doing wrong? Mabel is finally back today so we're both buying stuff and chatting with her. Other than that I'm moving a building around so i guess i can get Ohare to move in, he's derelicting at the campsite right now,the bum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Nessa posted:

I’ve been playing for a couple weeks now and I’m still using cardboard boxes because I hate putting stuff on the floor and don’t want to keep building the same table over and over. I wait until I come across better tables, like the vintage TV tray that was for sale in my Nooks today.

As much as I’m loving this game, I wish I could change a villager’s name. One of my starting villagers is Katt and she asked for a nickname, so I just gave her my real life nickname. However, that nickname was given to me in real life by a close friend of mine named Cat but we had a falling out over a year ago and she refuses to speak to me. Just makes me a little bit sad now, is all. :/

I think you can report her to Isabelle, and she'll be reset to her original catchphrases and stuff.