Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

Halloween Jack posted:

I was thinking about what you said about how many American leftists come to class consciousness backwards, through idpol stuff, and it's like...maybe this isn't idpol, but it's really frustrating to me that "I won't vote for a rapist" is effective in shutting people down in a way that "I won't vote for a war criminal," "I won't vote for the architect of the carceral state," etc. is not.

It's realted to the old quote that "one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic". People disassociate from mass killings and horror and tend to get emotionally attached to individual incidents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
seems more realted to how the professional class portrayed themselves as morally superior by supporting #metoo and now you get to call them on their bullshit

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Become a postmodern Marxist and the world becomes an excellent deconstruction of empires in decline, it's joker makeup but for theory

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
i liked this is sus 2 and thought lucy was a good co-host but her verbal tic wore out it's welcome quickly

Yass

Feebus Reloaded
Jul 28, 2016

THIS WAS AJUDGED TO BOTH COMMIT TO AND VIOLATE A SACRED POSTIN OATH

mulldog never worse than in most recent ctown. are we still allowed to talk about that?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Dreddout posted:

i liked this is sus 2 and thought lucy was a good co-host but her verbal tic wore out it's welcome quickly

Yass

that’s misogyny against millennial women

Feebus Reloaded posted:

mulldog never worse than in most recent ctown. are we still allowed to talk about that?

that’s ableism against the autistic community

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
mullen in recent episode was fine. assuming all complaints were from people too enmeshed in thinking the u.s. has any sort of response to covid

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

papa horny michael posted:

mullen in recent episode was fine. assuming all complaints were from people too enmeshed in thinking the u.s. has any sort of response to covid

he spent literally an hour alternating between sulking and yelling at stav and adam while they beg him to stop

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel like people should be nice to nick so his weird fans don’t feel so insecure

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

What'd nick do?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Radirot posted:

Lol I remember when Amber talked about Corben being too nice helped him lose, unlike Bernie who was going to beat Biden up.

Honestly Bernie’s heel turn caught me by surprise too. I’m trying not to hate the man but what happened to “fight for someone you don’t know”?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Frosted Flake posted:

Honestly Bernie’s heel turn caught me by surprise too. I’m trying not to hate the man but what happened to “fight for someone you don’t know”?

Joe biden doesn't even remember himself half the time. so in a sense he's fighting for someone he doesn't know

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dreddout posted:

Yass

anti Semitism is strong in this thread I see

cool dance moves posted:

What'd nick do?

direct his economic anger in the wrong direction probably due to his brains entertainment industry infection and rail about science being Fake News

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
lol maybe I listened to an earlier episode than what y'all are criticizing

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Matt and Shane’s Secret Podcast adopted the same viewpoint on covid, using the Mulldog as a source lol

This came just after both MSSP and Aufbungabunga had McAfee on for some reason. His views on covid are not really surprising.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
i can't keep up with all these podcasts at home, keep having to charge my phone what am i going to do, listen to them on my desktop, like some 90s animal?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

trueanon makes me sad as an evolutionary biologist because they called me a nazi :(

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
nick mad at Adam for leaving is a pretty funny bit

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Terrence talking about shooting people and doing bombings on trillbillies

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

both my podcast apps got the new cumtown that was just a repost of the corona one. i think nick is trying to tank it.

edit VV im listening to trillbillies now, they were always gonna go this way.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Terrence talking about shooting people and doing bombings on trillbillies

now this is content

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

what was nicks dumb take on covid, havent been listening the last few weeks

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

he just wants to drive...

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

incoherent roundabout trump-take probably egged on by being trapped in his apartment and having a bunch of entertainment and other friends become unemployed

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Apparently it's something along the lines of "open everything back up and let God sort them out" but more obnoxious. I haven't listened to the episode either but that's the vibe I'm getting from people who have

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He said many studies show that soap actually makes your ringworm worse

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Seemed like mostly simple reactionary anti-authoritarian "people just go along with what the experts say but they don't KNOW FOR SURE, the models keep CHANGING" with a side of some concern for poor people getting screwed economically. I didn't listen to the whole thing.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

He's mad that the study that initially showed 2.5M dead was revised to 60k, assuming that the lockdown was based on that intial study. So he thinks that why should tens of millions lose their jobs based on a flawed study. And then he ties that into climate change skepticism lol

But then asked if the lockdown should end, he just retreats into, "I don't know, I'm not a scientist"

THS
Sep 15, 2017

nick is looking and acting like a crazed mountain man

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New York is a mess

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lmao this trillbilly ep owns, i love this "podcaster discover their insignificance" phase lol

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

New York is a mess

New York is a waste

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Nick’s position is surprising and worrying since I like to think he’s a good indicator of what normal Bernie-leaning guys think. He’s a model for the dirtbag left and is usually on point with his cultural and political takes.

So his position that this is all bullshit snd the country should open up doesn’t give me a lot of hope. Is COVID really not nearly as bad as we thought? I was also expecting millions of deaths, but Nick is planting the seeds that instead of feeling relieved that the actions we took worked, we should be pissed that we were mislead into taking those actions in the first place.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

New York is a mess

haha

give it another week

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Homeless Friend posted:

lmao this trillbilly ep owns, i love this "podcaster discover their insignificance" phase lol

haha holy poo poo this episode is great

just full on jokerfication

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Frosted Flake posted:

Nick’s position is surprising and worrying since I like to think he’s a good indicator of what normal Bernie-leaning guys think. He’s a model for the dirtbag left and is usually on point with his cultural and political takes.

So his position that this is all bullshit snd the country should open up doesn’t give me a lot of hope. Is COVID really not nearly as bad as we thought? I was also expecting millions of deaths, but Nick is planting the seeds that instead of feeling relieved that the actions we took worked, we should be pissed that we were mislead into taking those actions in the first place.

ah hah

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

trillbillies were always destined to go maoist

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

trilljihadies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

appalajahideen

e: appalachiahideen?