Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Does anyone else envision Mike putting on his full suit before sitting down at his computer to tweet into the void each day? Because I do.

I like to imagine when he's tweeting is the only time of day he actually wears a suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Does anyone else envision Mike putting on his full suit before sitting down at his computer to tweet into the void each day? Because I do.

i always have

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

For some reason this made me more uncomfortable than just straight up tweeting sex stuff at her would have

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Joey McChrist posted:

oh hey, vic venom bytes changed his name again. must've done another racism
Is he...OK?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/taticalsosa97/status/1250612402476986368?s=21
https://twitter.com/taticalsosa97/status/1250620451510013952?s=21

“Be thankful for the fact that WWE committed a crime to stay on TV.”

https://twitter.com/taticalsosa97/status/1250620132562436096?s=21

“But what about the economy?”

(WWE made $99m net profits in 2018.)

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Posting solely for the highlighted line.

reddit user Hobodownthestreet posted:

Dude, when the whole Braun Strowman brouhaha happened cause of his ill-advised tweets, I had the audacity to suggest that people should think about their finances and educate themselves about how they spend and invest their money. I suggested reading Benjamin Graham’s book The Intelligent Investors. And believe it or not, I got met with pushback, cause if you have a job you should never be broke. I’ve never read anything dumber in my life and I gave up.

I mean, he's right, but not in the way he thinks he is.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

The way this was written just cracked me up, especially tagging WWE.

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1250514423380353024

and of course

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1250215960163778562

Okay maybe it's the lighting but that bread does not look done.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
“Stop saying that the WWE has half a billion dollars in reserves, they only have a hundred million! :qq:

https://twitter.com/barnettjake/status/1250535470855081984?s=21

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

vincels now trying to argue that AEW has also furloughed its wrestlers since the ones in lockdown states have not been on AEW Dynamite or Dark in several weeks

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/g27rmd/with_all_the_guys_we_are_not_seeing_on_after_dark/

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

JUNGLE BOY posted:

vincels now trying to argue that AEW has also furloughed its wrestlers since the ones in lockdown states have not been on AEW Dynamite or Dark in several weeks

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/g27rmd/with_all_the_guys_we_are_not_seeing_on_after_dark/
...they're paid WCW-style weekly guarantees, though, and were explicitly told that anyone who wants to stay home won't have it held against them.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

davidbix posted:

were explicitly told that anyone who wants to stay home won't have it held against them.

The WWE stans actively think this is a lie

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Aren't literally all of AEW's champions aside from Kenny Omega in quarantine, cause that seems like a comparison point to the fed and how serious TK was. I meant while the weeklong taping happened, I assume Kenny Omega is in quarantine now.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

karmicknight posted:

Aren't literally all of AEW's champions aside from Kenny Omega in quarantine, cause that seems like a comparison point to the fed and how serious TK was. I meant while the weeklong taping happened, I assume Kenny Omega is in quarantine now.

Nyla Rose and Hangman Page have stayed home the entire time. Kenny Omega left after the first week. Jon Moxley taped tonight's match with Hager about 3 weeks ago (when they were still in Florida, hence the awkward smash cut of going from QT Marshall's gym to the Daily's) and then went home, with all his subsequent appearances in pre-tapes.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1250817611870412800?s=20

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/07/22/seth-rollins-says-jon-moxley-is-trying-to-take-dinner-off-his-table/

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Benne posted:

Nyla Rose and Hangman Page have stayed home the entire time. Kenny Omega left after the first week. Jon Moxley taped tonight's match with Hager about 3 weeks ago (when they were still in Florida, hence the awkward smash cut of going from QT Marshall's gym to the Daily's) and then went home, with all his subsequent appearances in pre-tapes.

Exactly, how many of WWE hundreds of belt holders have not shown up for work aside from the cruiserweight champion trapped on the other side of the atlantic. This is actually an honest question as well as a thought exercise because I'm pretty sure the answer is zero, right?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I'm surprised more of these Seth fans haven't choked on boot polish trying to imitate their idol

https://twitter.com/DiscipleMonday/status/1250677000605282304?s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Conrad_Birdie posted:

its the same suit and he doesn't get it cleaned so its got a nice layer of grease all over the insides

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

The WWE stans actively think this is a lie

that's because in WWE even if people "it won't be held against you" it will definitely be held against you.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

quote:

It’s a tough situation really. We can be somewhat confident that people I care about who are top tier - Bryan, Kofi, Edge, Taker - are hopefully safe. But I dread what is to come. And what happens if I’m wrong.

One thing for sure - anything happens to those four, I’m gone. Dead serious. That’s my break point with Vince McMahon.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just lol that anyone would ever think Vince would release the loving Undertaker

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Very stable breaking point. Half that group previously already retired, and of the other half one person they keep paying to not retire, and the other they embarrassed so bad with that Brock match he wouldn't make a dent to their bottom line or attention span by retiring

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

could you imagine what the undertaker tell all book would be like tho?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Edge, who has been back for a whole of 3 months after being gone for almost a decade

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/DragonGateKeepr/status/1250274586505035781

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

that dude's gonna shoot up a mall someday.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

davidbix posted:

...they're paid WCW-style weekly guarantees, though, and were explicitly told that anyone who wants to stay home won't have it held against them.
I was curious how their contracts were structured. Good to hear they continue to get paid.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

why is noah the social justice promotion

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's a small joy to click through posts like these and find out you've already blocked that person. Thanks, past me!

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

how do you end up like this guy

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

davidbix posted:

Is he...OK?

he pals around with fray, vcr, meltzersaidwhat etc.

so no, probably not

case in point

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Just lol that anyone would ever think Vince would release the loving Undertaker

"Bah Gawd, what's Mean Mark Callous doing on Dynamite?"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Smoking Crow posted:

why is noah the social justice promotion

Because it's not WWE. It's not even American.

That's it. People like this dude are absolutely boring. "I have no idea what I'm talking about but won't let that stop me!"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

belaboring social policy in this day and age is so boring. Findom is the future of shitposting.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Pinche Rudo posted:

I'm surprised more of these Seth fans haven't choked on boot polish trying to imitate their idol

https://twitter.com/DiscipleMonday/status/1250677000605282304?s=19
It looks like this person blocked me last night. Even thought *Rollins himself* didn't seem the least bit angered or upset by what I said.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Is there a term for parasocial friendships but it's with a huge corporation instead of people? (assume that corporations aren't people)

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
lollin @ trev popping off at Meltzer. Interesting timing, wonder if it has anything to do with Dave calling him a joke 🤔

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Unperson_47 posted:

Is there a term for parasocial friendships but it's with a huge corporation instead of people? (assume that corporations aren't people)

“Brand identification”? I don’t know, there should be. It’s becoming more and more prominent in civic discourse, it’s kind of the next stage of Baudrillard style hyperreality.

The thing this all reminds me of is the reaction to when Scorsese criticized Marvel movies a while back, rightly pointing out how they stifle creativity in Hollywood and overly rely on special effects to substitute for human emotional stakes.

People were FURIOUS even though his criticisms were pretty gentle (Ebert was more vitriolic when he talked about video games) but reacted not just by disagreeing, or saying Scorsese was wrong, but by using social justice-inflected language to defend mass produced corporate cinema.

And it’s clear the reaction had a lot less to do with the content or accuracy of Scorsese’s criticisms and a lot more to do with these fans feeling their own identities were being attacked.

Consumerism has absorbed so much of public and private life that brands have taken the place of identity, and fandom is now ideology.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Seams posted:

lollin @ trev popping off at Meltzer. Interesting timing, wonder if it has anything to do with Dave calling him a joke 🤔
You'd have to be more specific because he tweets literally a thousand times a day or more

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

RealFoxy posted:

You'd have to be more specific because he tweets literally a thousand times a day or more

And I bet a hundred of them are poorly-masked subtweets directed at Dave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

quote:

The way Meltzer portrays WWE is borderline slander. He only shares the negative side and is quite bias. He never brings up the positive things they do such as Make A Wish and visiting sick children in hospitals. All that he does is proclaim WWE as evil for doing business with the Saudis and firing people when almost every major company is doing the same due to the current circumstances. Remember he makes lots of money of money himself off his hate towards WWE and his followers believe his every word.