Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Well, it looks like i can't even get into evil because i don't have enough rich jerk perks.

Guess i should sink all my PP into those next right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~
You should absolutely always have advanced training maxed once you can do that easily.

Yhag
Dec 23, 2006

I'm dying you idiot!

Kin posted:

Well, it looks like i can't even get into evil because i don't have enough rich jerk perks.

Guess i should sink all my PP into those next right?

It's the experience one, not the PP one.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I thought the rich jerks thing was a suggestion and not a requirement

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Yhag posted:

It's the experience one, not the PP one.

Oh, that's easier then. I only need 6 million exp for that. I should have that in a day or two for where i am.

It's good that it's not the PP one, that'd have taken ages.

Kin fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 13, 2020

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

According to the wiki, it's both.

The full formula is Attack Boost for Rich Jerks (EXP) * ITOPOD stat bonus (PP) ≥ 1M %

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Any point in doing the evil mode challenges that just have xp rewards? 450k xp for a no augs challenge seems like a waste of time

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

fingers like strings of walnuts
The challenges with no rewards are a good way to kill time during quarantine.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Orange borders which lead to red borders

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
NGU 2: Borders Go Up.

Speaking of which, bordering the quest drops is cool and good. As is finally getting to The Beast. And being able to idle kill (but not auto) him within the first day.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Welp, after a long journey away from NGU I'm finally back and I just bought 700 levels of Adventure Boost III with the PP I had in the bank :v:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

explosivo posted:

Welp, after a long journey away from NGU I'm finally back and I just bought 700 levels of Adventure Boost III with the PP I had in the bank :v:

Lord beer me strength I'm about to load up anti idle again.

I just wanna drink beer with my friends :qq:

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

I finally got a whole page of foil cards

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

anything special about foils?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Arzaac posted:

According to the wiki, it's both.

The full formula is Attack Boost for Rich Jerks (EXP) * ITOPOD stat bonus (PP) ≥ 1M %

OK, that's a lot quicker and I just ticked that off.

Going be the rest of that page, the only thing I'm generally lacking is the power/toughness to manual evilverse.

On general though, how much of a boost does switching to Evil get you? Like right now I'm getting silly levels of exp (about 4 million a day) and a few hundred thousand seeds every 24 hours.

Should I basically just sit in normal grinding those out with my NGUs until I have enough stats to idle evilverse and until I have most of the different fruits unlocked and upgraded?

I've still got the blind challenge to do too. I've not really used the daycare 6 because of the 1 level every 24 hours thing, but presumably it gets better by a lot when you unlock more of them and get all the time reduction perks?

It just seems faster to increase your drop rate and merge items than use the daycare so I've not bothered with the blind challenge cos it's kind of annoying.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Neither seeds or ITOPOD are subject to the Evil scaling so you only miss out on the small portion of exp you get from defeating bosses, and you can run Normal NGUs while in Evil, so as long as you can black bar them you don't miss out anything there either. Absolutely make the jump even if you're too early to run the adventure zone because you get over triple the base PP from the tower.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Kin posted:

OK, that's a lot quicker and I just ticked that off.

Going be the rest of that page, the only thing I'm generally lacking is the power/toughness to manual evilverse.

On general though, how much of a boost does switching to Evil get you? Like right now I'm getting silly levels of exp (about 4 million a day) and a few hundred thousand seeds every 24 hours.

Should I basically just sit in normal grinding those out with my NGUs until I have enough stats to idle evilverse and until I have most of the different fruits unlocked and upgraded?

I've still got the blind challenge to do too. I've not really used the daycare 6 because of the 1 level every 24 hours thing, but presumably it gets better by a lot when you unlock more of them and get all the time reduction perks?

It just seems faster to increase your drop rate and merge items than use the daycare so I've not bothered with the blind challenge cos it's kind of annoying.

Im pulling in about 400-500 mill xp a day. In evil.
At the start it is a real slow down. but the differences are huge. When i went back to normal to do all the challenges. 120 adventure stats for blood. no thanks, id rather my 800k.

Evil is sort of like starting again. everything is slow. But you arent leveling evil stuff in normal.

As for daycare. i think ive got a x6 ascendant pendant, and a galactic looty slowly going up. Also really good for lvling boss gear that just wont drop for you ><

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Ghostlight posted:

Neither seeds or ITOPOD are subject to the Evil scaling so you only miss out on the small portion of exp you get from defeating bosses, and you can run Normal NGUs while in Evil, so as long as you can black bar them you don't miss out anything there either. Absolutely make the jump even if you're too early to run the adventure zone because you get over triple the base PP from the tower.

The biggest thing you're missing out on is that your time machine is slower, and so your diggers are going to be notably worse until evilverse.

That base PP still might be worth it though.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Yeah, daycare is for poo poo that's just on the edge of being able to farm properly so you can get a couple/more than a couple levels on them while you do other things in game. Like rn I have a 5x pendant, emperor looty, heart, and double evil boots (i like red borders) in there.

Also AFAIK you can put maguffins in there and somewhere around mid-evil that seems to be what a lot of your slots are used for on a daily rebirth, sos.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Don't forget hearts, unless you're a crazy whale and buy 10 of each of them they'll all need to be daycared. Also generally you'll wanna get all the challenges for a difficulty done before you jump so you don't have to jump back. You should be able to crush blinds if you're thinking about moving to evil

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Yeah, daycare is for poo poo that's just on the edge of being able to farm properly so you can get a couple/more than a couple levels on them while you do other things in game. Like rn I have a 5x pendant, emperor looty, heart, and double evil boots (i like red borders) in there.

Also AFAIK you can put maguffins in there and somewhere around mid-evil that seems to be what a lot of your slots are used for on a daily rebirth, sos.

You cant just put macguffins in daycare you need a perk or a quirk unlock it first.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

To be fair, any challenges you don't do in normal RN you can swing back to do fairly easily when you do the first round of challenges around Nv2

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Man evil isn't kidding about the speed change. I'm sitting here after 5 minutes and i've still not got enough attack/defence to beat the very first boss.

edit: Should i be going back to 15 minute rebirths when i first start Evil or let it run longer?

Kin fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 15, 2020

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Has anyone gotten past 53 mana in Cavernous? I'm sitting at 53.3, and I can't work out a path to grind out more currently. Tried going for the third clone, and that's definitely a no go. I can reach the sword or shield, but not both, at least as far as I can put together a run (and that's just iron, screw steel shield). And I've explored the entire map except for what's behind the goblin. I'm probably missing something obvious but even if I could optimize my path to earning another couple tenths of a mana point, I'm still massively far off from hitting the goblin or getting the third clone and that seems like the only progression at this point.

nessin fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 15, 2020

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

I was stuck around 53 mana until I realized I could put multiple clones on the same mana vein.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Phssthpok posted:

I was stuck around 53 mana until I realized I could put multiple clones on the same mana vein.

I didn't realize you could do that either. And gently caress, I've not made individual routes to all the mana veins because there was so much flex each time you made a new route with more mana. This is going to take forever to run both clones to all the veins one by one.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Meskhenet posted:

anything special about foils?

Their value in the card trading market is usually like twice as much. And they look awesome.

(No. They just look different and exist because all CCGs have them.)

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I tried a bit of Territory Idle on Steam from yesterday on, and well... The concept of getting more territory is interesting, but that ses about it. For an idle game there is very little automation, and it feels particularly sluggish after the initial burst.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Phssthpok posted:

The challenges with no rewards are a good way to kill time during quarantine.

My personal request list for 4G before he leaves NGU dev work behind:

-- quest rewards
-- Mac version for Steam/Kart

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Serperoth posted:

I tried a bit of Territory Idle on Steam from yesterday on, and well... The concept of getting more territory is interesting, but that ses about it. For an idle game there is very little automation, and it feels particularly sluggish after the initial burst.
You get a little bit more automation once you have like four dozen hours of play but it's never enough.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

You get a little bit more automation once you have like four dozen hours of play but it's never enough.

Yeah I've seen some stuff to that effect, but when the start of a run is like, an hour to get the materials to start working towards the actual new content... I'll pass.

Neat mechanic though, it's interesting to have that limitation, but the rest of the execution is very lacking I feel.

Started Soda Dungeon as well. Seems interesting so far

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I'm around Greasy Nerd V2, am I correct that the general exp strategy at this point should be to throw 100% of my points into buffing R3, and relying on new equipment and itopod perks to keep EM up to snuff?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Omi no Kami posted:

I'm around Greasy Nerd V2, am I correct that the general exp strategy at this point should be to throw 100% of my points into buffing R3, and relying on new equipment and itopod perks to keep EM up to snuff?

to a point, the general E:R3 ration is like 300,000:1

but you'll want to divert perks and quirks into upgrading the first tier adventure stat buff ones soon

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

to a point, the general E:R3 ration is like 300,000:1

but you'll want to divert perks and quirks into upgrading the first tier adventure stat buff ones soon

Oh cool, that's a lot more forgiving than I was expecting... and by adventure stuff, you mean the adventure boost for rich jerks? That's definitely doable!

Also, I assume it's normal at this point to have terrible Number growth? I'm consistently getting 3-4 bosses further every 24-hour rebirth, so it's not doom & gloom, but it's really weird to see number growth hanging around x50-600 after a full day of chilling out.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Omi no Kami posted:

Not really. I allocate about 1/6th of my EXP to R3. R3 is only useful for hacks and wishes. Those are both great, but hacks are the only feature that is 100% dependent on R3; wishes are affected by E/M power as well as R3. You get a lot more bang for your buck with E/M.

I think of hacks as another form of NGU, albeit with a different power curve.

Omi no Kami posted:

Oh cool, that's a lot more forgiving than I was expecting... and by adventure stuff, you mean the adventure boost for rich jerks? That's definitely doable!

Also, I assume it's normal at this point to have terrible Number growth? I'm consistently getting 3-4 bosses further every 24-hour rebirth, so it's not doom & gloom, but it's really weird to see number growth hanging around x50-600 after a full day of chilling out.

Number growth is not really important. As long as you can beat enough bosses to unlock the highest adventure zone you can get gear from, having a higher number accomplishes nothing. I've always found that it passively grew from NGUs/beards/whatever else fast enough that I've never had my NUMBER be a blocker on anything, except for perhaps in the very early game, right after transitioning between difficulties, or after doing challenges.

New Yorp New Yorp fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Apr 16, 2020

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Omi no Kami posted:

Number stops being as important while you're grinding out gear/bosses considering you're not exactly quickly progressing to the next zone without maxed out gear from the previous zone anyway. As long as you can make it to the boss/zone you need to get gear from it's fine. I'm at the tail end of Evil now and it's not uncommon for me to lose some Number between runs because I'm not focusing on pumping it up because I've surpassed where I need to be in Adventure already.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Are there any tricks i'm missing to the early Evil strategy?

1) Keep doing shorter rebirths (at least an hour) until a rebirth boss nuke shoots you up past boss 58 unlocking Evilverse (using things like your gold diggers, etc)
2) Throw all of your energy and magic into your NGUs and just let it sit there for 24 hours farming your seeds, PP and exp
3) Repeat until your NGUs boost your Energy/power up past the threshold to auto idle it?

Augments, the time machine, blood spells, etc all just seem super slow compared to the NGUs that it feels like the initial hurdle of unlocking evilverse is the initial time sink and the next step is quickly getting the stats to get the gear from it.

I've got the first 3 bank perks completed for each resource type. Should i be putting my PP into getting all 5 before anything else or are there better evil perks to buy?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Kin posted:

Are there any tricks i'm missing to the early Evil strategy?

1) Keep doing shorter rebirths (at least an hour) until a rebirth boss nuke shoots you up past boss 58 unlocking Evilverse (using things like your gold diggers, etc)
2) Throw all of your energy and magic into your NGUs and just let it sit there for 24 hours farming your seeds, PP and exp
3) Repeat until your NGUs boost your Energy/power up past the threshold to auto idle it?

Augments, the time machine, blood spells, etc all just seem super slow compared to the NGUs that it feels like the initial hurdle of unlocking evilverse is the initial time sink and the next step is quickly getting the stats to get the gear from it.

I've got the first 3 bank perks completed for each resource type. Should i be putting my PP into getting all 5 before anything else or are there better evil perks to buy?

did you get welcome to evil or any of the fruit activation/extra basic training perks yet

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Chocolate gear is strong enough that it enables an unusual but low effort strategy to just push T7. I did this when I went into Evil and endorse it because it's low effort and effective.

1) Go into Evil. Wait 3 minutes, rebirth into an Evil basic challenge. Start your diggers with chocolate world kills then sit in the tower. (You will be sitting in the tower about 99.9% of the time for this strategy)
2) Push to 58 to finish the challenge through 30 minute rebirths (1 hour RBs if you don't have the beta and number fruit auto-activation perks). If you have the Welcome to Evil perk and roughly 40-50m total exp, you should be able to do a push to 58 in about 2 hours or so of 30m rebirths.
3) Do the other 4 evil basic challenges. Congratulations, you have 50% more adventure stats.
4) Ignore Evilverse! If you can manual a boss kill, fantastic, your diggers just jumped up about two orders of magnitude of gold. Now go back to the tower and do a 24h rebirth to let your 24h fruits grow.

Now that you have your evil basics done, you're going to just boss push via 24 hour challenges, because this strategy lets you be lazy and rake in EXP from 24h fruits of knowledge. Boost your diggers via a single boss kill in Evilverse (and later PPPL), then go back into the tower and just build up a ton of PP. Buy the Welcome to Evil perks, your AT/Beard banks to tier 4-5, the fruit auto-activation perks if you don't have them, Ygg perks, then just work on whatever looks good to you (consider looking at the first few ranks of Fibonacci too). Active quest if you feel like it.

For NGUs, split your time between evil NGUs and normal NGUs. Evils are very slow at first but give you a separate bonus multiplier. You want to spend a majority of your time in normal NGUs though since you're either close to or fully BBing all of them and you're getting a lot of power from normal NGUs still. You can either just do like 1 24-hour evil NGU run then a few days of normals, or swap over mid-run. I tended to RB in the evening, do evils for 8-9 hours until I woke up, then swap to normal for the rest of the 24h.

By slowly boss pushing via blood number, NGUs, augs and eating your power fruits, you can probably push to boss 125 and Titan 7 in about 11-14 days. This also means you'll have enough AT and beard banks built up that you should be strong enough to kill T7 right away. He drops at least one level 5-6 gear piece every kill and they're outright stronger than the EV/PPPL gear that you'd be struggling to try to farm up. A few days of killing T7 and you'll be well enough geared to backfill the zone drops for set bonuses and start prepping to move forward/do challenges/etc.

I'm not going to say folks are wrong if they want to just tackle the zones as they come, but drop rates on EV/PPPL are god-awful and unlike some of the previous adventure walls, you can bypass having to farm those drops when they're like 8-10 hit kills. Evilverse gear doesn't even outperform maxed chocolate gear until it's in the 60s, so it's a ton of grinding to actually start to phase chocolate out if you try to farm up EV gear before pushing farther.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Awesome! Thanks for the steer.