Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
hell yeah got my trumpbuxxxxxx time to spend them on

nothiiiiiiiiing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That whoreson delayed the physical checks just to put his big stupid name on them. God I hate that man so much. Now I know how Hunter Thompson felt

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Shard posted:

That whoreson delayed the physical checks just to put his big stupid name on them. God I hate that man so much. Now I know how Hunter Thompson felt

yah i just told my partner their check was delayed for that reason and they started silently doing dishes. they’re usually the calm one so the dog and i are kinda scared to go in the kitchen at this moment.

gonna buy baby some shoes right now I think lol

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

My mom was gonna use the money to pay taxes but when I told her that the check was taxable income she flipped a lid and said she wouldn't cash it. She then blamed Al Gore

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm probably gonna spend it on wrestling and video games in hopes it'll keep my depression manageable.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Can't spend my stimulus money because a dumb gently caress scammer got my bank card info and used it to buy books on Amazon. Cancelled the card and now have to wait for sometime next week for a new one to arrive.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

gently caress i just cried at my kitchen table while working on a SNAP app.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TTBF posted:

My mom was gonna use the money to pay taxes but when I told her that the check was taxable income
This isn't true though.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

My understanding is that it is. Did it change or was I misled?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

TTBF posted:

What I found after some research

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedman/2020/04/14/stimulus-check-myths/#193604afea3f

3. I have to pay taxes on my $1,200 stimulus check.

No. The good news about your stimulus check is that’s tax-free. You will not owe income taxes on your stimulus check.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

WatermelonGun posted:

hell yeah got my trumpbuxxxxxx time to spend them on

nothiiiiiiiiing

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TTBF posted:

You were misled.

quote:

While the above metric is fairly straightforward, the CARES Act’s use of the Internal Revenue Service’s (IRS) tax infrastructure to facilitate these payments has caused substantial confusion. That’s because legally the payment is considered a tax credit advanced to the recipient from the (future) 2020 tax return — that is, the return the recipient will file in 2021. This has led some to believe that the payment either needs to be paid back in full in 2020, or that the payment is considered taxable income, or that the payment counts against one’s 2020 tax refund. None of these conclusions, however, is true.

That’s because another provision written into the law dictates that recipients of the economic impact payment will be credited as if they had paid the government back. This makes the payment a non-taxable fund that does not affect future returns.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/covid-stimulus-check/

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Thank you for the responses. That's a relief.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Yeah that’s really good to know! Thanks. I was also misled.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The trumpbux website said the status of whether or not I get a check is unavailable lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/JordynneGrace/status/1250523747578232833

This post just reminded me of a story - the only time I ever wanted to punch an old white woman in the face. When I was at my grandma's funeral I was just trying to be by myself and deal with my grief and a bunch of strangers would just come up to me to tell me it was god's plan. On what loving planet do you think that is what I want to hear right now?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i watched monterey pop and dont look back and gave them both a 5....out of 5.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

you gotta bow to the orb or the needle won't move. or whatever. Its all full cosplay LARP anyway.

Didn't realize but I've been jamming out to the FFVIIR OST and holy poo poo this might be the best Game OST since Homeworld.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/denimcatfish/status/1250577432475656193?s=19

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

gently caress it I've been working a lot in buying final fantasy 7

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Shard posted:

gently caress it I've been working a lot in buying final fantasy 7

Do it. It's very good. It's a very horny game.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

i watched monterey pop and dont look back and gave them both a 5....out of 5.

Monterey Pop owns <3

Don't Look Back never started for me. Literal perfect atmosphere and mood, but it never really did much with it imo. lil gremlin woman at the end looked like Nancy Pelosi.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

bradzilla posted:

Do it. It's very good. It's a very horny game.

I like my games like I like me

Horny

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
My favorite performance from Monterey Pop was Hugh Masakela

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

NienNunb posted:

Monterey Pop owns <3

Don't Look Back never started for me. Literal perfect atmosphere and mood, but it never really did much with it imo. lil gremlin woman at the end looked like Nancy Pelosi.

you're thinking of don't look now. don't look back is a bob dylan documentary. don't look now is a documentary about england, britain, londoners, etc etc, people who are british, you get what i'm trying to say about the english here

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I really am Niennoob aren't i?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

On SSI and a dependant on my mother's income tax so no check for me.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

I really am Niennoob aren't i?

You are the noobiest nien I've ever met it's impressive

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

NienNunb posted:

The trumpbux website said the status of whether or not I get a check is unavailable lol

i am the same person asyou

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1250590809654788097?s=19

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
According to my wife, just because my daughter now has smartphone-controlled LED lighting strips in her room that include black light, I am not allowed to grab a bleach pen and write DON'T BLINK on her closet door.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What's the point of even having kids then!?! :argh:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you should encourage your child to become a blink. blackpink in your area.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Cavauro posted:

I don’t know what this means but I have the sudden urge to illegally tackle you.

Edit - I have just been informed this is a reference to K-Pop. My original sentence stands.

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Apr 16, 2020

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Cavauro posted:

you're a blink? come on man...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What We Do In The Shadows season 2 has started and it's as great as last year, loving amazing show.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Was feeling blue last night so I decided gently caress it and ate more than usual for a midnight snack. Woke up feeling like poo poo and wanting to throw up. Gonna hold onto this lesson. Eating too much just sets my weight loss back and I feel like poo poo afterwards. Not worth it.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Shard posted:

Was feeling blue last night so I decided gently caress it and ate more than usual for a midnight snack. Woke up feeling like poo poo and wanting to throw up. Gonna hold onto this lesson. Eating too much just sets my weight loss back and I feel like poo poo afterwards. Not worth it.

Maybe you could consider drinking milk or something that's a bit more "filling" than water? I dig into soy milk when I get random midnight cravings just before sleep. Small chocolates also work.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
watching the garlic movie again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Found that somebody uploaded all 74 episodes of Naoki Ursawa's Monster to youtube. Spent last night rewatching the first few episodes. One of the best animes out there.