Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
There's a very peculiar belief in the US that I never really can understand the basis for that just assumes that for some never-defined structural reason, things like vote fraud or election fuckery, paid plants (whether in protests or in the various public places where discussions happen, from literal town halls to academia to online forums) and the like just can not possibly exist here. It's an insane supposition because those things have all been literal constants throughout human history in every society and I've certainly never heard an even remotely compelling case for why the US would somehow be immune to those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

So easter was sunday and it's friday and someone who went to that church on sunday is already dead from covid?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/NoahShachtman/status/1250945412460163072

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

i am harry posted:

So easter was sunday and it's friday and someone who went to that church on sunday is already dead from covid?

According to the article, they weren't at the Easter Service. Last one they attended was on the 5th

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 17, 2020

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

i am harry posted:

sometimes the lord works quickly

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Phobic Nest posted:

He changed his tone after what he said was a personal call from Xi Jinping. He loves dictators, he just can't stay mad at them. He wants to be one sooooo badly.
Honestly, I think he too lazy and gullible to look past the propaganda, and he actually thinks these guys are beloved by their people.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pants Donkey posted:

Honestly, I think he too lazy and gullible to look past the propaganda, and he actually thinks these guys are beloved by their people.

its that and they say the right honeyed words that he legit believes these people are his friends. the dude has the emotional brain of 7 year old or so. so its probably both. also just like alot of sub bullies, he likes bigger ones, so he likes kim, pooh and putin and etc.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1250956429697208325

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I fully expect we will fight China in my life. But this pandemic isn’t the reason and if Lou loving Dobbs wants to fight them so bad he can join the army

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I fully expect we will fight China in my life. But this pandemic isn’t the reason and if Lou loving Dobbs wants to fight them so bad he can join the army

possibly. i think the two countries are too tied together to have a major war. my guess is "quiet" proxy wars at some point. i expect a war with russia at somepoint more than russia if we are talking clancy poo poo. but yeah nothing is gonna happen over this. like i do sorta suspect china bullshited about casualties and poo poo but gently caress if i know.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1250913506603552768

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1250916603904118785

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Even for a huge piece of poo poo like him I'd much, much prefer he remain out of prison and safe so that he can serve his full sentence instead of just dying a month into it

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

possibly. i think the two countries are too tied together to have a major war. my guess is "quiet" proxy wars at some point. i expect a war with russia at somepoint more than russia if we are talking clancy poo poo. but yeah nothing is gonna happen over this. like i do sorta suspect china bullshited about casualties and poo poo but gently caress if i know.

I don't think we're going to have a war with either one, especially with Trump being Putin's puppet.

Also, both China and Russia have nukes, so there's that small caveat.

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 17, 2020

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
also this dude

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/16/politics/michael-cohen-to-be-released-prison-coronavirus/index.html

quote:

(CNN)The federal Bureau of Prisons has notified Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump's former personal attorney, that he will be released early from prison due to the coronavirus pandemic, according to people familiar with the matter and his lawyer.

Cohen is serving a three-year sentence at the federal prison camp in Otisville, NY, where 14 inmates and seven staff members at the complex have tested positive for the virus.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1250968694773211141

USPOL Spring: THANK GOD FOR TRUCKERS

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Whoops, too bad, so sad. Guess God really means his day of rest is his day of rest

BigglesSWE posted:

This is it. This is the dumbest take in the universe.

This is a guy desperately trying to defend that his fuckup wasn't a fuckup.....This is like what kids do when they get busted for lying.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 17, 2020

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

possibly. i think the two countries are too tied together to have a major war.

never stopped anyone before despite that exact theory having been predominant https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Illusion

I reckon that war with China would be very, very, very bad though. Like end of civilization bad.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

i am harry posted:

You must be from one of those fancy Yuropean countries because it's still Thursday in the good ol' US of A.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Medullah posted:

I wonder if there are any people out there who lost a loved one because they couldn't get a ventilator that are Trump supporters. I'd really be curious what they think about Trump's comment that "Anyone who wants a ventilator was able to get one"

Don't look, you'll find a bunch of idiots trying to explain why it wasn't Trump's fault and it will enrage you

Goddamnit, shut up you orange fat gently caress. Just shut the gently caress up. I'm almost surprised this gently caress doesn't have daily attempts on his life by now, he's such a waste of a human

i am harry posted:

Which means it worked really fast, he was unhealthy as poo poo, or he was already showing symptoms when he went meaning the whole crowd of morons need to be on lockdown right now.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 17, 2020

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

olylifter posted:

never stopped anyone before despite that exact theory having been predominant https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Illusion

I reckon that war with China would be very, very, very bad though. Like end of civilization bad.

yeah. like i said. i dont see it happening mostly because of that, its a mix between "would probably end the world or at least kill way more people than its "worth" and economic systems tied to together, i am not saying the latter doesnt have its issues and is mostly a fallacy but it makes some sends when tied with other reasons.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. like i said. i dont see it happening mostly because of that, its a mix between "would probably end the world or at least kill way more people than its "worth" and economic systems tied to together, i am not saying the latter doesnt have its issues and is mostly a fallacy but it makes some sends when tied with other reasons.

but our entire situation is scary similar to when that book was written.

except this time china has the manufacturing knowledge and infrastructure.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Any war with China would very quickly turn into WWIII and that would be the end of that

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

He almost said thank God for trump

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm amazed that Trump has apparently memorized the seat count of one of his restaurants. Failing that, he was at least able to make up a random three digit number.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

eXXon posted:

I'm amazed that Trump has apparently memorized the seat count of one of his restaurants. Failing that, he was at least able to make up a random three digit number.

Forget what the government says, how many people are going to be comfortable sitting in a packed restaurant or crowded theater in the next few months?

Bars and sports stadiums are probably the only things that bounce back to normal in an instant.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Phobic Nest posted:

Late to the party but the image in that article is beautiful.

e:

Oh, thank you. I knew that was reminding me of something, I just couldn't place it.

Something about this guys posture, body language and facial expression never fails to remind me of Jared Kushner for some reason.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
You know I used to chuckle at the old "Obama should tell conservatives to breathe so they all asphyxiate" bit, but it has been really shocking to see the right just take up the idea that they should not breathe without any prompting. Almost like everything they do is anathema to life and now that normal people are all in on wanting to live they're just like gently caress it, "I'd rather die than support the normal biological functions of the human body which the democrats love sooo much."

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Spite posted:

but our entire situation is scary similar to when that book was written.

except this time china has the manufacturing knowledge and infrastructure.

except outside the chuds/trump. no one wants to go to war with china over this and i doubt trump would and people like dobbs are chickenhawks.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Herstory Begins Now posted:

There's a very peculiar belief in the US that I never really can understand the basis for that just assumes that for some never-defined structural reason, things like vote fraud or election fuckery, paid plants (whether in protests or in the various public places where discussions happen, from literal town halls to academia to online forums) and the like just can not possibly exist here. It's an insane supposition because those things have all been literal constants throughout human history in every society and I've certainly never heard an even remotely compelling case for why the US would somehow be immune to those things.

American Exceptionalism is one hell of a drug

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Herstory Begins Now posted:

There's a very peculiar belief in the US that I never really can understand the basis for that just assumes that for some never-defined structural reason, things like vote fraud or election fuckery, paid plants (whether in protests or in the various public places where discussions happen, from literal town halls to academia to online forums) and the like just can not possibly exist here.
We talk about vote fraud all the time, where have you been? Particularly anywhere minorities vote.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I'm already seeing YouTube ads and social media posts about how this is the fault of China and the WHO. The gaslight machine is revving up.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
They've been pushing that since this started with Trump specifically wanting to blame them despite praising them on Twitter

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

in unrelated news, i may have slightly less posting time in the near future as I get adjusted to my new living conditions

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

GreyjoyBastard posted:

in unrelated news, i may have slightly less posting time in the near future as I get adjusted to my new living conditions

If you have actually been Michael Cohen the entire time GreyJoyBastard that would be the perfect ending to this timeline :allears:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
It would be extremely on brand for dnd mods

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

This is like one of those sitcoms where a character lies, and then something occurs that could expose the character’s lie. So the episode is just a pile of mounting lies as the character tries in vain to keep the truth from being revealed.

Except in those we didn’t have 35,000 people die in two months. Well, except maybe Full House.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
The Teamsters are trying to push UPS to provide PPE for its employees, and they're asking for donations to help accomplish that:

https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/campaign/help-ups-teamsters-protect-ourselves-and-the-public-from-covid-19

and yeah I should mention where I got it from:

https://youtu.be/TIMDXgs3DT4

America Inc. fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Apr 17, 2020

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Pants Donkey posted:

This is like one of those sitcoms where a character lies, and then something occurs that could expose the character’s lie. So the episode is just a pile of mounting lies as the character tries in vain to keep the truth from being revealed.

Except in those we didn’t have 35,000 people die in two months. Well, except maybe Full House.

Steamed Hams but it's a global health crisis

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

VitalSigns posted:

It's cool how Pelosi left it up to Mnuchin to decide if banks could steal the stimulus, so she can complain about him allowing it, rather than actually using her power to put it in the bill that it's not allowed

it's the best of both worlds, her friend Jamie Dimon gets to steal a bunch of money, and she gets to blame someone else

Yeah I'm sure it's a giant conspiracy, not just the kind of oversight/mistake that happens when you nail a quick patch on a giant mess of written and common law :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Bloomberg, Steyer and all those other rich fucks better blanket every Inch of cable news and the internet with the number of deaths next to Trump saying "I take no responsibility"

How many people died from this in the past week? 15,000?