Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I feel like the biggest disconnect going on right now is that Legosi is going into this confrontation basically assuming it's going to be a bare-knuckle brawl, and Melon is absolutely fine with using weapons, as seen previously against Legosi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by
It is a public showdown though, so Melon has to play to the crowd at least a little. He'll probably pull out a gun once he starts to lose.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

In a shocking twist nobody sees coming, Louis shows up and shoots Melon

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Vinylshadow posted:

In a shocking twist nobody sees coming, Louis shows up and shoots Melon
Or just that Melon is captured without Legosi's help, because putting this on a dumb teenager was incredibly stupid from the start.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
Big chapter, 173 is.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Adder Moray posted:

Big chapter, 173 is.

Yeah. Cant' wait for the finished translation.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

CodfishCartographer posted:

Yeah, the gently caress is the bag? Is it Legosi's blood? Herbivore blood? Something else?

Remember during the last event where the different groups brought collections of their blood and burned it as a show of strength? It's his blood.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

173 is out.

My child! You finally grew a spine, and all it took was starving yourself half to death! :kimchi:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
only took you like two years of in-comic time, you lovable palooka

the comic's love of fakeout cliffhangers is getting a little tiresome though

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

That was saccharine in the best way possible

And yet again that ending was :stare:

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Oxxidation posted:

the comic's love of fakeout cliffhangers is getting a little tiresome though

really like the implication by this cliffhanger that we are just supposed to think that legosi went ahead and juiced louis offscreen

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

somepartsareme posted:

really like the implication by this cliffhanger that we are just supposed to think that legosi went ahead and juiced louis offscreen

I'm thinking it's at the very least Louis *and* the Shishigumi, but more likely to be everyone. Louis, Shishigumi, Zaguan, Sebun, Jack, Bill, etc

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Chapter 174

hnngh I'm trying to sneak around the back-alley market, but I'm dummy thicc and the clap of my asscheeks keeps alerting Legosi

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
okay now THIS is the dumbest loving chapter yet

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
how much blood did those two idiots put into that bag, louis was already so thin he looked freeze-dried

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

What a super cool chapter, big yakuza movie finale vibes here.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/itaparu99/status/1255796173304066053

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://twitter.com/rygel_spkb/status/1255639888201990146

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Vinylshadow posted:

[Cool Wolf Chillin']

gently caress yeah

Captain Invictus posted:

[Twitter Magicks]

gently caress YEAH

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/CampfireHarvest/status/1255640111414415363

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
uh furries gushing over fanart? is there some joke/reference here im not getting?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's a good piece of fanart designed to be split in four because of how twitter displays image thumbnails but the discord embed fucks it up and smushes them all together in a humorous way

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Haha no nose Legoshi.

Actually that discord one makes him look like a Hazbin Hotel character.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

jesus christ, i started reading beastars this afternoon, and

six hours later i've done literally nothing but stare unflinchingly at my monitor, and i'm caught up. i don't think i've ever been this into a series. gently caress.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Amppelix posted:

six hours later i've done literally nothing but stare unflinchingly at my monitor, and i'm caught up. i don't think i've ever been this into a series. gently caress.

This series made my sleep schedule even worse lol

Going to be rough having to go on the weekly wait now. Think I'll check out Shy too.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Amppelix posted:

have you ever read One Piece

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

i don't see what that has to do with this, but yes

i stopped staying up with it like two years ago and actually haven't touched it since

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Amppelix posted:

i stopped staying up with it like two years ago and actually haven't touched it since

This is a normal and perfectly valid way to survive One Piece long term, except when you forget a lot of little details and are force to reread from the beginning.

This has happened to me twice.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Amppelix posted:

one piece is my “i have never been this into a series” series

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://mangadex.org/chapter/885951 this chapter is soooo fuckin goooood! SO GOOD!

louis must be part pig, since he's such a ham :v:

the callback to the play really got me, drat

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Well, that explains why the apartment looked like a murder scene. Legosi focusing on Louis' shirt, though. Such a lovable goober. :allears:

I feel like after Louis failed to get eaten by the Shishigumi his unrequited death wish just keeps pushing him to do more and more outrageous poo poo.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Dareon posted:

Well, that explains why the apartment looked like a murder scene. Legosi focusing on Louis' shirt, though. Such a lovable goober. :allears:

I do love that it's kind of a low-key sign of just how well in control of his carnivorous instincts Legosi is. Aside from just that there's a bloody herbivore in front of him, this is also during his fasting. He hasn't eaten anything in over a week at this point.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I saw the panel of Legosi and Louis giving blood out of context last week and I thought it was fanart someone drew of them doing heroin

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
as dumb and unsatisfying as this manga's gotten, legosi is still the shining pinhead that holds it all together

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Roth posted:

I saw the panel of Legosi and Louis giving blood out of context last week and I thought it was fanart someone drew of them doing heroin

You just made me realize that is a probably a fanart thing, and now I hate the world.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I looked up beastars fanart a while back, forgetting momentarily that vore furries exist. :yikes:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Dareon posted:

I looked up beastars fanart a while back, forgetting momentarily that vore furries exist. :yikes:

This is actually really funny in the context of this series, where animals consuming other animals is a huge central issue. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

IShallRiseAgain posted:

You just made me realize that is a probably a fanart thing, and now I hate the world.

Probably wouldn't be all that out of character for Louis to be honest.

Legoso would agonize over it for 10 chapters until Haru says she does it all the time, and then he'll gain a new level of messiah.