Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I really want to love Doom Eternal and play it in perpituity but I am too loving old apparently. It gives me a headache and makes my hands hurt after about an hour. If I wanted to juggle cooldowns every 30 seconds I would go back to WoW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I have such a love/hate relationship with that game. It's such a fascinating and unique trip, but sometimes that trip is 'finally I made it here, now what? Oh I get to go back....yay'.
Also If BB could never cry again that would be great. Don't need to hear that through my controller mic.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 17, 2020

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

death sucking made me too tense and anxious when i played it so i never got to the care free road building portion. some day i will though. bye

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

saw a video of the dumb shithead gamer shaking the baby violently to calm it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

death sucking made me too tense and anxious when i played it so i never got to the care free road building portion. some day i will though. bye

This is literally the boat I'm in. Like the game a lot, but it scares me. Most things scare me! I'm a tremendous coward.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Binged through JoJo’s Golden Wind in like three days? It whipped my rear end from start to finish. Hell yeah

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
suck stranding rides the suck train to ruleness

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I will probably force myself to pick Death Stranding back up this weekeend. Last I played was a month or so ago and I defeated an invisible demon whale monster by hurling about 7 liters of my blood at it and it made my fetus 20% tired or some poo poo so I drank a Monster Energy and shat grenades in my bunker toilet because this game is incredibly insane and perhaps it was actually Good to have people telling Kojima no sometimes

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

wrong

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the game would have been better if the enemies weren't invisible. maybe you get glasses that let you see them later in the game, but i didn't get to that point. i started playing it like Euro Truck Simulator 2 and when it got to the point where i was forced to fight the invisible ghosts again i gave up.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
The ghosts are the number one reason to build roads and zip lines which is where I think the game shone. But then I guess I’m a whore for resource and inventory management and making the most efficient routes possible.

Also when you get the equipment to just gently caress up the big BTs I would just get caught by the little ones on purpose to clear out an area for a while.

Also hitting MULEs in the head with a bola so you don’t have to kick them unconscious is super satisfying.

I enjoyed probably 124 hours of my 130 hours. Mostly I just felt like the cutscenes were way over-expository. Like—I got it the first time. Trust your audience a little.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i watched the 4 hour scorsese dylan thing. just wanted to say that. have a good evening. i'm going to race my friends in "ocarina of time randomizer" this evening on twitch

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

i watched the 4 hour scorsese dylan thing. just wanted to say that. have a good evening. i'm going to race my friends in "ocarina of time randomizer" this evening on twitch

What's your favorite Dylan song? I'm a big fan of Tomorrow Is A Long Time, Dont Think Twice It's Alright, hell there's like 10 others I could list right now!!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

dunno thrers a billion of them. dont think twice its all right, though, probably

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’m gonna watch a regeaton battle tonight on the instagram if I can figure it out.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Visions of Johanna, y’all

like, Subterranean Homesick Blues rules, and Shelter From the Storm is beautiful, and I love his Mister Tambourine Man and All Along the Watchtower better than their respective cover versions, and I could go on here for a while

but his visions of Johanna have conquered my mind

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Does Tweeter and the Monkeyman count?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
a lot of people remember Soy Bomb from the 1998 Grammys, but what you might not remember, is that when announcing the Album of the Year nominees, Usher referred to Bob Dylan as Bill Dylan

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bob Dylan was mean as poo poo to Donovan and I take that kinda personally for some reason.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I can't think of the last time I went from "ehhhh" on a game to "I love this loving game so much!" as I have with Dragon Quest XI. It's so loving good (and extraordinarily pretty).

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

yea ok posted:

i'm going to race my friends in "ocarina of time randomizer" this evening on twitch

Burying the loving lead here.

WHAT?????

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

OoT randomizers are a time honored tradition

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I can't think of the last time I went from "ehhhh" on a game to "I love this loving game so much!" as I have with Dragon Quest XI. It's so loving good (and extraordinarily pretty).

one thing i love about the DQ series is you always know what you're getting. its always a very simple, classic system, but it's polished to a mirror shine. i adored 11 so much.

my little dude spilled my coffee all over my laptop and killed the keyboard. thankfully i had a spare usb board kicking around so i can at least keep up my ff6 playthrough.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Jiro posted:

Burying the loving lead here.

WHAT?????

:) https://ootrandomizer.com/ enjoy. it's wonderful

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what does it mean when it says 'base ROM'? what is that? can i use doom wads for the virtual console version.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

you have to use an illegal rom. i think if you just google "oot randomizer rom" some reddit threads pop up with links. dunno about .wad stuff except for the Sticky Wads i shoot lol (pretending this is the aew thread for a second) but only joking. i know more about .wad than that. but not enough to help you. I play on bizhawk.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm sorry to do this but I'll be reporting you to my local authorities for your illegal video gaming

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you ever play games in slow motion.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Cavauro posted:

you ever play games in slow motion.

eat enough dillies and every game is slow mo forever

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i love pickles

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

defeated xcom2 after putting it off, due to likeing my soldiers and not wanting to end the game. seems like the next big game is gonna be terror from the deep. i don't really like that too much but it's wild

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Holy cow Streets of Rage 4 is coming out on the 30th. Been waiting literally 25 years for this game.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Holy cow Streets of Rage 4 is coming out on the 30th. Been waiting literally 25 years for this game.

Holy poo poo how did i not know about this till now. All the buys!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Croc posted:

Holy poo poo how did i not know about this till now. All the buys!

It looks insanely good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzeW6kuh6XA

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've been in a real japanese movie kick. The trilogy Outrage, Outrage Beyond and Outrage Coda are really loving cool.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Shard posted:

I've been in a real japanese movie kick. The trilogy Outrage, Outrage Beyond and Outrage Coda are really loving cool.

*nods slowly and proudly* you seen sonatine

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I've seen Sonatine

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

*nods slowly and proudly* you seen sonatine

I haven't yet but after watching all the Outrage movies I went and bought it. Can't wait to watch later while working. BTW 3 more hours of my 10 hour shift!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Had a really tough long and hopefully productive conversation today with friends who concealed my wife’s drinking from me before she officially entered recovery.

Realized two things:
- forgiving someone isn’t the same as believing they care about me
- I’m really loving hard-up for good tools to communicate when I’m feeling hurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i didn't get my mahney, cousin