Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Thanks for coming to Vylbrand, folks! *^*/

edit:

doingitwrong posted:

Isabelle wants me to do more development and suggests I should have more storefronts. I am at 2 stars. I have the sisters, the museum and the nooks. How do I get more stores?

That's weird. Those three should be the only stores. My suggestion would be to place more furnishings outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

She's hinting at a liquor store, those morning whiskeys aren't gonna last forever at this rate.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

GoodBee posted:

Jewels/Gemstone will be open for a few hours tonight.

Turnips are at 177
Kicks is here
Meteor Shower

Not busy enough to need a turnip code.

CRHTX

Shop closes at 10 pm CST.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

Captain Hygiene posted:

She's hinting at a liquor store, those morning whiskeys aren't gonna last forever at this rate.

She panic bought boxes of it before the lockdown.

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

There's some cool stuff on sale today if anybody wants to visit - Nook's is selling a skull shaped radio and an electronics set, and Abel's has viking helmets and flapper dresses, and Kicks is in town
There's a bunch of free stuff near the airport, have at it
Nothing good for turnips or DIY, Hamlet is crafting the basic DIY table lol
I'm looking for lillies, cosmos and mums if anybody can help out. I'll be AFK

J61MW
Oops, it errored out. New code is F699M

Closed now, thanks for coming out!

dracky fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 18, 2020

dividertabs
Oct 1, 2004

dividertabs posted:

We're buying your turnips for 501 each. Code [closed]. Nothing else to see.

I'm still open. Already made over 1 million after posting to animalcrossingexchange (with just a 'Tips Appreciated' description) so don't tip unless you're already rich! (I have since closed to public; goons only now)

After doing it though, I get why people charge fees on public exchanges. It takes a little longer than selling and needs involvement to keep the queue moving.

dividertabs fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 18, 2020

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

doingitwrong posted:

Isabelle wants me to do more development and suggests I should have more storefronts. I am at 2 stars. I have the sisters, the museum and the nooks. How do I get more stores?

There are no more

dividertabs
Oct 1, 2004

These are growing wild for me. I will close my island in about 20 more minutes and bring some of each basic color. (I don't like lilies so I haven't grown any new colors.)

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Ribbot the frog robot had a flea. Hmm.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

doingitwrong posted:

either this is a tease of an upcoming update or they didnt finish the game, or perhaps most likely, both

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

dividertabs posted:

These are growing wild for me. I will close my island in about 20 more minutes and bring some of each basic color. (I don't like lilies so I haven't grown any new colors.)

Much appreciated thank you!

The connection got dropped, re opening up. New code is F699M.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
Marijuana/ pizza was island. There's a meteor shower.

Gates are open.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

You had tonnes of cosmos but now you have more :P Thanks for hosting I managed to buy some roses which was the only flower I didnt have :)

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Gripweed posted:

Are there way fewer couches and chairs in this game? I was wondering why I couldn't do anything nice with my house, and I realized it's because I've never seen a couch or a chair in Nook's Cranny. And all the DIY recipes I have for couches and chairs are the most basic poo poo. Do they not have Rococo or Gorgeous furniture in this game?

I bought a couch at Nook’s, got a rocking chair recipe from a message bottle, and got a piano bench and cute chair from ballon presents. Otherwise I have recipes for a chair and a stool.

I’m mainly looking for interesting tables, shelves and counters. I’m still using cardboard boxes to put stuff on because I don’t want to keep building the same small table over and over.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Wrong Thread. Al is the best neighbor.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I was hoping it was a time traveling glimpse of future events on the island :(

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

doingitwrong posted:

Guys: everyone who has asked the question of "I have all the stores WTF is Isabelle talking about when she wants more stores?" has never put down a single Stall item.

Those things have cashboxes underneath the display surface - they are meant to be small local kiosks.

E: also if you're at 2 stars it means you need a higher population and more bridges/inclines.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I've accidentally started collecting crocodiles. I have three now (Sly, Gayle and Del). I am building Crocodisland.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Lux Animus posted:

Guys: everyone who has asked the question of "I have all the stores WTF is Isabelle talking about when she wants more stores?" has never put down a single Stall item.

Those things have cashboxes underneath the display surface - they are meant to be small local kiosks.

E: also if you're at 2 stars it means you need a higher population and more bridges/inclines.

Thank you. I’ll try that.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hey Graham, what are you....oh...

https://twitter.com/pox_please/status/1251355581857755137?s=19

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Wearing a hot dog costume and wizard hat while staring at a giant pile of poo poo with a magnifying glass in the middle of the night, of course.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Lux Animus posted:

See if Nook has anything for you, too. Campground? Plots of land to sell?

Rabidsamba
Sep 1, 2011

Rabidsamba posted:

Vic is handing out the DIY recipe for the Ironwood DIY workbench.

https://turnip.exchange/island/871bdc33

His house is the one furthest East in the bottom neighborhood area with flowers out front.

I set it to 1 at a time for expedited visits, I have garbage turnip prices and nothing exciting at the Able Sisters.

Please don't minus out.

Thanks everyone who visited and followed the rules of not using minus, and especially thanks to the people who left stuff, it was completely unnecessary but extremely appreciated!

And to whoever took the pink flower petals surrounding my fish shrine, just, whyyy

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Was there a goon looking for cat villagers? I have one boxing up tomorrow.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

I stopped playing this as much during the Bunny Day event. Now that all that is gone, I find myself wanting to play this again.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

ChikoDemono posted:

I would do anything to trade Bubbles for a cat, but not even my official public eviction notice has worked :(

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

My partner just filled up on the same day my cat villager is moving out. :(

She really wanted 'em.

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

dracky posted:

There's some cool stuff on sale today if anybody wants to visit - Nook's is selling a skull shaped radio and an electronics set, and Abel's has viking helmets and flapper dresses, and Kicks is in town
There's a bunch of free stuff near the airport, have at it
Nothing good for turnips or DIY, Hamlet is crafting the basic DIY table lol
I'm looking for lillies, cosmos and mums if anybody can help out. I'll be AFK

Closing up shop, thanks all for coming out and big thanks to all who left seeds and planted flowers! Much obliged :3

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Turnips are going for 300 and I turned back my clock a bit.

Tips highly appreciated. I'm poor as hell.

0NQWY
That's a zero

Saharah is also here.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Apr 18, 2020

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

I'm curious about some of the details of what dodo code visitors can/can't do.
I mean I think I mostly get it: they can pick up any dropped (not placed) items on the island, catch bugs, fish, trample flowers, and shake trees / collect fruit i think?
- Can they also pick up items dropped *within your house*?
- Since running through flowers can temporarily "destroy" them, I assume they could also just pluck the flowers, leaving stems in the same way?
- Can they potentially dig holes/clams/fossils, or bury/plant things?
- Also, extremely inconsequential but just curious; can they affect any placed things like toggle lights on/off, torches, campfires, change music records, etc?

I've mainly just had my sister visit my island, but we are best friends in game, so she has a lot more permissions than dodo visitors, I think.

Oh, and can the host still place/edit things while dodo visitors are there? I couldn't change any outdoor stuff with my sis in town. But *could* change my home interior as long as she wasn't in the house at the same time.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

peepsalot posted:

I mean I think I mostly get it: they can pick up any dropped (not placed) items on the island, catch bugs, fish, trample flowers, and shake trees / collect fruit i think?
- Since running through flowers can temporarily "destroy" them, I assume they could also just pluck the flowers, leaving stems in the same way?
- Also, extremely inconsequential but just curious; can they affect any placed things like toggle lights on/off, torches, campfires, change music records, etc?

I've mainly just had my sister visit my island, but we are best friends in game, so she has a lot more permissions than dodo visitors, I think.

Oh, and can the host still place/edit things while dodo visitors are there? I couldn't change any outdoor stuff with my sis in town. But *could* change my home interior as long as she wasn't in the house at the same time.

-No
-Yes
-No*
-Yes

*If planting something that doesn't require use of the shovel, like flowers, they can.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

peepsalot posted:

Visitors (not best friends)
- Can't pick up stuff in house (idk if best friends can do this though)
- Can pick flowers, it's the same as picking up an item
- Can't use their shovel so no digging whatsoever. Can plant whole flowers/trees since those can be 'dropped' anywhere without a shovel
- Can toggle interactable items. Music players will just show the name of the song playing iirc

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

ChikoDemono posted:

Damnit! I have no space

Edit: I was surprised to learn that when someone is visiting my island I cannot hit rocks to get resources.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Damnit! I have no space

New thread title?

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Partner going to try to recruit tomorrow, if that fails, gonna dump 'em onto a goon. Either here or on discord or both.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

That reminds me, I need to Amiibo Ruby into town.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(
Does any one know the proper name for the KK song Drivin'?

Is it just Drivin' or K.K. Drivin' or something else? I want to get the record :banjo:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

StormDrain posted:

Is there a good website that people share designs in?

This for sure https://nooksisland.com/designs

Captain Hygiene posted:

New pro tarantula catching move: accidentally trigger them to chase you, then run screaming until you do a quick 180 and nab em in one shot. No sneaking/hole digging required :hellyeah:

Once they get on their haunches ready to pounce, about a second after that they jump. Just swing your net and snag them mid air. I'm late to the party on this game as it took me forever to find a switch, but I've never felt the need to lay elaborate traps for spiders.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Thanks for the info on dodo permissions.

I'm opening up my island for a while, if anyone wants to come fart around or pity visit. Its late night local time so no cranny etc.

I've only had the game a few days (visitor center building was new today, for ex), but I've been playing practically nonstop and have accrued a variety of crap, much of which is strewn about haphazardly to leave me more storage spots at home. I've been just grabbing up every floor/wallpaper/rug/clothing possible, while also saving up 3 of every animal in my storage for whenever I get chance to get them taxidermy'd or w/e. My walls are covered in clothes just to have space for the animals!

I have some meager door prizes for the taking in the town center: a few spare recipes + a ton of simple wood fences that I built just to do something with the crapton of wood I had.

I'm also trying to specifcally collect any and all musical instruments (or noise makers in general). If you are feeling generous and have spares/recipes like that to donate, it would be much appreciated. I have ocarina, thumb piano, acoustic guitar, wood frog (also judge's bell, mic stand, pedal board).
EDIT: and thanks to donations now marimba, gong, amp, and upright piano, and pan flute recipe(still farming bamboo to build it)! WOW, thanks folks.
Edit 2: street organ and drum set too. thanks so much

Dodo code: CLOSED

Thanks again everyone who visited.

peepsalot fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Apr 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

doingitwrong posted:

Things that increase development: fencing, ramps, bridges, placed items. Here’s a link with more info: https://www.belltreeforums.com/threads/full-island-rating-guide.509286/