Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
It's pretty bad. A sicaran punisher is a hair cheaper and does about 3 times the damage output to any given infantry type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Ghazk posted:

It's pretty bad. A sicaran punisher is a hair cheaper and does about 3 times the damage output to any given infantry type.

drat, that's too bad

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It really needs more shots or better AP. Or both. :smith: Looks cool as hell though.

Volkite's kind of weird because FW loves to keep it at AP5 unless it's on a super-heavy of some kind. I get why they want to avoid AP3, but the falconet would've been a good place for it as a one-off weapon on a dedicated heavy support chassis. At least it would have had a solid niche. AP4 and more shots could've worked too for all the non-marine armies.

I completely forgot it had a snapshot gimmick until I looked it up again just now.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It looks super cool though.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

TTerrible posted:

Omega Tank Destroyer. :gbsmith:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Omega Tank Destroyer. :gbsmith:

loving owns. PLASMA TORCH MODE.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I live in Seattle and have been socially distanced for two weeks as of tomorrow, so here’s 1000 points of Dark Angels I painted:

Tac squad, seekers, contemptor kheres, cenobites and a character. Not 100% done but I’d be happy with them on the table. The DA range is incredibly loving dope, A++++++ would pay d3 VPs for the privilege of playing a game.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

tallkidwithglasses posted:

I live in Seattle and have been socially distanced for two weeks as of tomorrow, so here’s 1000 points of Dark Angels I painted:

Tac squad, seekers, contemptor kheres, cenobites and a character. Not 100% done but I’d be happy with them on the table. The DA range is incredibly loving dope, A++++++ would pay d3 VPs for the privilege of playing a game.

Nice work man! I especially dig the candles on the kheres mortis :swoon:

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

tallkidwithglasses posted:

incredibly loving dope

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

Got my bike standard bearer done for my Praetor's command squad. I tried a new technique for the lightning that I'm kind of mixed on, I liked it a lot more before I tried to seal it and some of the pastel wiped off.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

SpaceViking posted:

Got my bike standard bearer done for my Praetor's command squad. I tried a new technique for the lightning that I'm kind of mixed on, I liked it a lot more before I tried to seal it and some of the pastel wiped off.

I'd probably use Duncan's Blackstone Fortress basing method for lightining, but those vids are probably down.

Hi 5, 40K bike buddy.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

JcDent posted:

I'd probably use Duncan's Blackstone Fortress basing method for lightining, but those vids are probably down.

Hi 5, 40K bike buddy.

I'll have to see if I can track those down, thanks!

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

JcDent posted:

Hi 5, 40K bike buddy.

SpaceViking posted:

I'll have to see if I can track those down, thanks!

This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzVhZLQ8Z8w

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Thanks, that's a cool idea. I'll have to try that one out.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Some things I do:

Here's the whole squad

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Matt Hasselbeck puts down the football and picks up the bolter.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

In the grim darkness of the far future, we want the ball and we’re gonna score.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Did a pair of Blood in the Void games in Ghazks garage last night, they’re a lot of fun and very thematic.

My list was a praetor in a unit of 5 inner circle with the ZM RoW, 10 despoilers with a nuncio vox + artificer sergeant w/ calibanite blade and stasis gun, 6 non-combi seekers and a kheres mortis contemptor. Ghazk took Skorr as his warlord, 2 5 man units of kitted out headhunters, some termies and a saboteur.

For the campaign, we determine that Skorr is leading an assault to cripple the CSS Loyalty and my force will be the ships defenders. We each get to choose one strategem each mission and roll on the catastrophic ship table each turn.

Mission 1 involves the Alpha Legion attempting to secure a foothold on the vessel. Pretty straightforward kill points, slay the warlord and scoring in your opponents deployment zone.

Ghazk pushes up the middle with his terminators and Skorr, and then most annoyingly pops my contemptor with his Saboteur. It rapidly seems like its becoming One of Those Games.

Skorr’s disruption keeps my inner circle off the board for turn 2 but they no-scatter teleport on turn 3. I proceed to roll pretty badly but at least kill some guys. Headhunter plasma does strong work against my survivors and while I at least make it a fighting defeat the Alpha Legion win the first one and secure their foothold on the Loyalty.

The second mission has the AL fighting their way to the engine room and attempting to disable the majority of 5 objectives. Deployment plus alpha legion shenanigans makes two fall to them right away, and Skorr finds himself attempting to disable the third on his own with krak grenades.

However, I attempt a no risk it no biscuit deepstrike and scatter juuuuuuust little enough that I’m able to give him a nice plasma bath with my praetor/terminator squad.

The other two objectives remain under my control as my contemptor gets a little lucky with a few invulns and my seekers get a couple turns of str5 ap2 preferred enemy shooting on the terminators. The CSS Loyalty remains under power and under Dark Angels control!

I recommend both the missions we played, giving each player a couple stratagem points and using the ship random events table- it’s less punishing than the underground one while still making for swingy turns.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
I’ll brush up on the Krak grenade operations manual before the next encounter. Great writeup!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
This is my Orville Peck.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
A Lion appears

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They showed off the bare head and Lion Sword in the reveal video and he honestly has one of the best face sculpts in the entire range. I am absolutely going with that over the helmet. I'm really looking forward to getting my grubby hands on that model.
:swoon:

The only rules-related stuff mentioned on the stream is that the Lion Sword will be better against characters and "lesser combatants" while the Wolf Blade is more for hunting monsters. It was mentioned that the Lion will be S7 base with the Wolf Blade bumping him up to S10. No details beyond that though.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I’m very pleased with the Lion sculpt. It might be fun to do a primarch project at some point now that the range is almost complete.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
The power armor praetor is quite excellent.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

adamantium|wang posted:

A Lion appears

ngl this model makes me want to start dark angels

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Painted a Typhon heavy seige tank:

one more for fun:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

O gently caress that last shot. Some of your best metals yet too I’d say.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The cannon metals are so good.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Spooky bois accompanied by stealthy typhon.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Loser legion, loser tank

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

psst, you kids want some heresy?

panascope posted:

Loser legion, loser tank

awwwktually, perturabo was an instrumen...

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Stopped repainting the DA in order to paint a new vehicle for them- Dodo dread!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Sent these pictures, of man outside, to the local authorities

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Saul Tarvitz out of loving nowhere.

Some speculation that he might be a plastic sculpt. Honestly? He looks like it. Wonder what that means... :dogcited:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
What details say plastic to you?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

What details say plastic to you?
It's a mix of a few things. The face, the sword hilt, the shoulder pads, the backpack, the base, etc.

Maybe it's still resin, but it looks slightly chunkier. More like a plastic sculpt. Could very easily be wrong though.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

That Palatine blade isn't bent like a cooked fettuccini noodle, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Looks like plastic to me, too. Resin hair would have finer detail.