Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK
So supposedly CNO is considering reinstating Capt. Crozier:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/15/us/politics/coronavirus-navy-roosevelt-crozier.html

I have no idea if this is genuine, or just throwing a bone to members of Congress who are pissed off over the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Just skip it and give him a star.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Godholio posted:

Just skip it and give him the presidency.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Godholio posted:

Just skip it and give him a star.

Dunno about you guys but I'm seeing the makings of the next SECNAV here.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/DanLamothe/status/1250839106080452608?s=20

quote:

But while the attachment circulated widely, Crozier’s email did not. The email shows that Modly mischaracterized the message, accusing Crozier of sending it to 20 or 30 people, as he cited it as justification for removing him from command.

Fry I'm shocked meme

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Can we get the text from that one? That should be a very interesting article.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Godholio posted:

Can we get the text from that one? That should be a very interesting article.

Photos of the email are attached to this tweet:

https://twitter.com/DanLamothe/status/1250840016806445056

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Never believe Big Navy.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That CC line seems like a bunch of relevant positions that should be aware of the problem

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
If he had meant for it to be leaked, he would have proofread it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Godholio posted:

That CC line seems like a bunch of relevant positions that should be aware of the problem

It's almost as if a trump toady was in fact full of poo poo. :smith:

That email reads like a desperate man saying "I wish I had asked for this a week ago, but I need help immediately or a lot of people are going to die.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/realDerekUtley/status/1251319544813142020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Wanna chew that dude out for whatever dress violation he's committing by doing this.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That would be a DODI first, then the service reg.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oh, of course, I just like the idea of this dumbass :chiefsay: getting busted because it turns out getting saltwater caked on your shoes and bottoms of your pants violated some obscure reg that he'd happily chew out an average sailor for.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I imagine that making an overt political statement in uniform isn't too obscure of a regulation.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoFsjzaipNA

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I imagine that making an overt political statement in uniform isn't too obscure of a regulation.

That political statement in uniform being “ignore closures during a national emergency.”

Apparently a coastie but still :chiefsay:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Lmao

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

That political statement in uniform being “ignore closures during a national emergency.”

Apparently a coastie but still :chiefsay:

Also retired.

I haven’t met the active MCPO with balls enough to risk their rate for a losing political statement.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Should be a few miles further out and needs the rest of the chiefs, but it's a start

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

US Berder Patrol posted:

Should be a few miles further out and needs the rest of the chiefs, but it's a start

They'll need a chain

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
He's almost made it to the land of the free

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

EBB posted:

They'll need a chain

They've got a fouled anchor to drag them down.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Looks like the travel ban got extended to June 30th.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Welp.

Someday I’ll make it to my ship.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

LingcodKilla posted:

Welp.

Someday I’ll make it to my ship.

Lmao are you still living on the beach at Dam Neck? You just scored

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
The U.S. Navy has tossed out a man suspected of recruiting for the Atomwaffen Division, a neo-Nazi terrorist network that has been connected to numerous murders and planned terrorist attacks.

I know a couple of guys at 41, I can't wait to hear about how much of a shitstorm this was. At least we were able to kick his rear end out.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Lmao are you still living on the beach at Dam Neck? You just scored

Nah they sent me home still on orders. “stay healthy don’t call us we will call you”.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

LingcodKilla posted:

Nah they sent me home still on orders. “stay healthy don’t call us we will call you”.

Man it must suck getting paid to do nothing.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Hekk posted:

Man it must suck getting paid to do nothing.

My whole navy career has been one farce after another.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

LingcodKilla posted:

Same

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

LingcodKilla posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZsERX844Tg

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Pretty much that ad or Homer joining the Navy Reserve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEaXhy_Czg0

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnZmyPVryKw

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

So this might be a pipe dream but I have a few connections that might be able to whisper in someone’s ear and I’m looking at Milpers 1910-102 and there isn’t anything disqualifying me from commissioning in another branch.

I’m thinking that since the Navy is going to continue to stall for months on end on the processes I need completed for my c school package while refusing to allow extensions on my submission window I may as well give up on doing anything interesting the rest of my contract because I’m sure as gently caress not obliserving just to go green side. Going to my state’s national or air guard would guarantee that I don’t get the opposite of what I asked for in terms of location like I’ve gotten x3 with the navy and allow me to start pursuing a not-online grad school and working towards my interests. And I’d be an O so at the very least I’d be helping other people deal with bullshit more than my current situation at my command where I’m maxed out on my days off just trying to get simple things done and track people down.

So I guess tell me if you’ve ever actually heard of anyone pulling this off and why this is a terrible idea which it probably is.

Plus personally I’d rather do army-er things more and I’ve really soured on the Navy due to my own personal interactions with Chiefs and Navy O’s versus counterparts in the Army or USMC I’ve met who while not great have been miles more impressive.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Why do you want to be an officer, vs literally anything else in the world?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Be an officer and get poo poo on part time in NG where I want to live versus get poo poo on full time enlisted in the Navy seems pretty straightforward.

The milpers also requires a commission to be eligible for most types of inter service transfer.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Be an officer and get poo poo on part time in NG where I want to live versus get poo poo on full time enlisted in the Navy seems pretty straightforward.

The milpers also requires a commission to be eligible for most types of inter service transfer.

Have you considered getting poo poo on zero percent of the time???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
You're deluding yourself if you don't think there's just as high a percentage of poo poo khaki in the Navy as the other branches.

That said, if you DO decide to commission, stay away from the Air Force. It's officer corps is made up of a disturbingly large number of libertarians and crazy religious types.

PneumonicBook posted:

Have you considered getting poo poo on zero percent of the time???

Also, YOU'RE deluded if you don't think civilian life doesn't have low rung people poo poo on constantly in far less fair ways than the military engages in.