Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A MINIATURE LLAMA
Jul 30, 2009

IT'S SO TINY

Martytoof posted:

Ah bummer, looks like he’s not doing this anymore :(

drat it, Clay, now you choose to do a snack run? Sorry if anyone took the trip and didn't get anything out of it. Maybe in a few days it'll be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://twitter.com/antoinsaintjust/status/1251540006281318401

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

e.e.coli posted:

drat it, Clay, now you choose to do a snack run? Sorry if anyone took the trip and didn't get anything out of it. Maybe in a few days it'll be worth it.

No worries, I meant to add that one of your other villagers is now doing gold bars :)

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

RodShaft posted:

MWQKG

Tammy is making a wooden waste bin if anyone needs it

Her house is right above the take & trade.

Also...
FREE CUTTING BOARDS!

Thank you for the cutting board, i can finally make the kitchen of my dreams

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Chris Pistols posted:

Red & white ones for sale in my shop, friend:

D4D77

Edit: anyone can stop by, by the way. Not an exclusive offer.

Yall still open?

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Martytoof posted:

Ah bummer, looks like he’s not doing this anymore :(

Don't have a spare DIY, but I can make you a deer decoration if you like: code is a few posts up. You bring the 8 softwood and I'll sort you a false mounted stag head!

Edit: Yes, Crustpunk, still open! Ables close in 15 mins, though.

Woodstock
Sep 28, 2005

Someone quit with - and ruined it for everyone.. No longer teaching.

Hootler
Apr 8, 2007

Ain't you got worms?

Someone DC'd and she stopped :(

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Chris Pistols posted:

Don't have a spare DIY, but I can make you a deer decoration if you like: code is a few posts up. You bring the 8 softwood and I'll sort you a false mounted stag head!

If you’re still doing this in a few min I’ll take you up on it! Just visiting elsewhere for a cutting board recipe right this second :)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there a resource for seeing other people’s island layouts? I want some ideas for how to terraform mine.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

RCarr posted:

Is there a resource for seeing other people’s island layouts? I want some ideas for how to terraform mine.

No trouble, I'll stay open! If you can bring any outdoor stuff to decorate the island for the old 5 star rating, it would be very much appreciated - happy to throw you some bells. No worries if you've nothing to spare, though

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm on day three of playing this and this is only my second AC game (the first was Pocket Camp).

I'm having to get used to a lot of weird things like how trees don't grow in certain spots (I planted one right by my house and wasn't sure why it wasn't growing until I looked it up), also only being able to visit other people's islands while they're actively online seems like a huge step backwards from Pocket Camp where you could visit other people's camps at any time.

I started out with Agnes and Tad which aren't my first choices for villagers but they're both pretty cool. I just have to keep an eye out for Kid Cat who's the one I really want to get.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hootler posted:

Woodstock posted:

I got a “communications error” and kicked from the island (didn’t - disconnect) so I think it may have been me. Apologies if this was the case; I lost the cutting board recipe in the process too :(

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Hootler posted:

Might wanna double check, someone who had a DC last night reported the same thing but noticed they were still crafting?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Bad news everyone:
'Animal Crossing: New Horizons' is a dumb, boring game for children

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Well, they got us there.

Chris Pistols posted:

No trouble, I'll stay open! If you can bring any outdoor stuff to decorate the island for the old 5 star rating, it would be very much appreciated - happy to throw you some bells. No worries if you've nothing to spare, though

Cool, I’m omw with wood and gaudy objects!

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Lol, this is the actual title of the article.

Edit: I don't get this 'Tom Nook is an aggressive loan shark' joke that I see around. Was he different in previous games? He gives you massive interest free loans and never actually asks you to pay it back in a certain timeframe. Wish my mortgage provider was like that.

Chris Pistols fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 18, 2020

Hootler
Apr 8, 2007

Ain't you got worms?

Martytoof posted:

I got a “communications error” and kicked from the island (didn’t - disconnect) so I think it may have been me. Apologies if this was the case; I lost the cutting board recipe in the process too :(

Ahh, sorry. :( I can make you one if you need!

Oxyclean posted:

Might wanna double check, someone who had a DC last night reported the same thing but noticed they were still crafting?

Nah, she's outta the house now.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

He's just mad his turnips spoiled.

fizzy-o
Sep 2, 2011

the reason i'm not rewarded
is because, as a person,
i'm quite warped

Today on Windchime:

Marshal is crafting gold armor shoes.

It's Piper's birthday! She's my husband's favorite, come help her have a great day :)(and get Nook Miles credit while you're at it)

EDIT: Marshal is by the east most bridge and Piper is just south of the heart lake with balloons in front of her house.

Nooks have a plasma ball and a homework set. Ables have a variety of sweaters and also other things I don't remember.

Turnip price is trash.

If you happen to have an extra decoy duck recipe (or some ducks) please bring it, I want to put some ducks by the pond I set up yesterday! Working at that elusive 5-star rating.

I'll be AFK by my house. Please feel free to look around.

CLOSED

fizzy-o fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 18, 2020

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hootler posted:

Ahh, sorry. :( I can make you one if you need!

Oh it’s Ok, this was more about being self sufficient to make the ironwood kitchen thing in future. No big deal, it’ll come up again :)

Thank you, though!

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

EDIT: Just remembered non-friends can't use shovels on my island. RIP. God drat flowers!

Novasol fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 18, 2020

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

Chris Pistols posted:

Lol, this is the actual title of the article.

Edit: I don't get this 'Tom Nook is an aggressive loan shark' joke that I see around. Was he different in previous games? He gives you massive interest free loans and never actually asks you to pay it back in a certain timeframe. Wish my mortgage provider was like that.

It's a click-bait opinion piece written to rile people up :)

To be fair, he does have some valid criticisms about the UI and multiplayer.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009
Is there anyway to get rid of the little gap between the beach and paths, or between different kinds of path? I had a fun idea for a boardwalk, but the gap is bothering the heck out of me.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Kiwillian posted:

It's a click-bait opinion piece written to rile people up :)

Oh yeah, no doubt, but it's not the first time I've seen that joke (think it crops up in the thread every now and then)

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

This fuckin' guy

guy with dumb opinions posted:

My companions were an obnoxious purple rhinoceros with a tic for saying "yo" multiple times in a row and a gym bro tiger who was admittedly pretty dope. 

guy with dumb opinions posted:

Eventually, I got a barbell as a gift, but the buff tiger won't come lift it with me. What is the point of this if I cannot even lift? 

Jack Crosbie is a writer who covers politics, culture and whatever else publications will pay him to cover. He is thinking of adopting a cat. Follow him on Twitter @jscros, unless you are going to be mean, in which case please do not.

Edit: that last bit was at the footer of the article.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I opened up New Leaf for the first time today since 2015.... man, really seems dated looking back at it. All the QOL stuff in New Horizons makes it feel like a huge improvement in every way.

Anway... how can I hook up with the people doing the item exchanges where you pick up and drop items from other people so you can order them? That's a thing, right?

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

don't give that idiot clicks

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Astro7x posted:

I opened up New Leaf for the first time today since 2015.... man, really seems dated looking back at it. All the QOL stuff in New Horizons makes it feel like a huge improvement in every way.

Anway... how can I hook up with the people doing the item exchanges where you pick up and drop items from other people so you can order them? That's a thing, right?

You just kinda crash one. There's a guy on the Discord with a whole town full of like, everything.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I have the recipe for that, but I've never even seen a book.

My Nooks' Cranny is selling Books today! Come get 5 (or more) for your Bookshelf DIY! 0XJX9 - closed, thanks

They are also selling cherries, spiderweb umbrellas, red espresso machines, and they were selling an antique sewing machine and spinning wheel!

I'm going to leave the spinning wheel, antique sewing machine, and a loom outside my house for all your ancient spinster cataloging needs!

Mabel has relatively blander stuff today compared to yesterday: printed layered shirts, print-sleeve sweaters, multi-neon pullover jackets, relay tanks, school jackets, draped sweaters, explorer shorts, slacks, tropical striped shorts, upcycled skirts, full-length dresses with pearls, kappa costumes (no hats), jockey helmets, outdoor hats, paperboy caps, sheep hoods, bottom-rimmed glasses, eye patch, octagonal glasses, everyday tights, colorful mixed-tweed socks, running tights, business shoes, faux-suede sneakers, house slippers, and trekking shoes.

Pango MAY have a DIY running (conflicting reports) for a Giant Teddy Bear DIY (note, requires a family of teddy bears).
E: I don't see Pango working but 2 visitors have gotten DIYs from her thus far, so have at it!
- she's done now, sorry folks!

E: wow two disconnects in a row! New dodo up.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 19, 2020

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Woodstock posted:

Hootler posted:

Same thing just happened on my island, and I'm low on hardwood and iron so I'm closing up the free cutting boards. I'll be back later though.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Can people reply to this quote with the most useful guides, infographics, etc. they have come across in Animal Crossing?

I'm working on making a Google Doc which we can stick in the OP or Discord which collects a bunch of guides on common topics like flower breeding, turnips, etc., and would love to crowdsource some recommendations. I'll post it on here once I've gotten it together.

Hootler
Apr 8, 2007

Ain't you got worms?

Martytoof posted:

Oh it’s Ok, this was more about being self sufficient to make the ironwood kitchen thing in future. No big deal, it’ll come up again :)

Thank you, though!

I think she's back at it again somehow? I visited someone else and came back and she's doing it again.

https://turnip.exchange/island/8c7ad727

Cutting board at Skye's.

She finished.

Hootler fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 18, 2020

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

tildes posted:

Can people reply to this quote with the most useful guides, infographics, etc. they have come across in Animal Crossing?

I'm working on making a Google Doc which we can stick in the OP or Discord which collects a bunch of guides on common topics like flower breeding, turnips, etc., and would love to crowdsource some recommendations. I'll post it on here once I've gotten it together.

https://wuffs.org/acnh/mysterytour.html - List of Nook Miles islands
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dev.genesy.animalcrossingnhguide - Excellent app which tracks birthdays, catchable animals and fossils. I believe there is also an Apple version
https://ac-turnip.com/ - Turnip calculator (not sure of accuracy)

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Is it just me or is almost every town you try to visit today at capacity? I've never encountered this problem before today and right now I can't find a single island that isn't.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hootler posted:

I think she's back at it again somehow? I visited someone else and came back and she's doing it again.

https://turnip.exchange/island/8c7ad727

Cutting board at Skye's.

Awesome, thanks so much! This did the trick :)

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Deified Data posted:

Is it just me or is almost every town you try to visit today at capacity? I've never encountered this problem before today and right now I can't find a single island that isn't.

I guess everyone's trying to offload their turnips at the last minute.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

tildes posted:

Turnip Prophet for narrowing down the range of possibilities for your turnip prices.

Ninji's Mystery Tour Islands Guide which shows all the possible Nook Islands and their chance to appear.

Flower Genetics Guide is an extremely advanced guide for making hybrid flowers.

ACNH Fish Wiki Simple and sortable guide to when and where to catch all the fish

ACNH Bug Wiki Same as the Fish wiki, but for bugs

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

tildes posted:

Flower breeding datamine:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ARIQCUc5YVEd01D7jtJT9EEJF45m07NXhAm4fOpNvCs/preview

Graphical guide version:
https://i.imgur.com/9c8NN9Q.png

Kiwillian fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

HopperUK posted:

Hey lighthouse goon, sorry you were exposed to my Bunny Day shrine on the beach. I'm not changing it until the next seasonal event. They made me do it.

lol, I kind of liked it. As good a use of Bunny Day stuff as anything.