Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

FilthyImp posted:

After Boris got better, i'm not counting on any of the multiple schmucks that deserve this to catch it and have any meaningful symptoms.

Like if Ron Paul didn't sneeze on McConnell's salad, we have no hope.
A bunch of horrible Chuds have gotten this but refuse to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

After Boris got better, i'm not counting on any of the multiple schmucks that deserve this to catch it and have any meaningful symptoms.

Like if Ron Paul didn't sneeze on McConnell's salad, we have no hope.

poltical leaders and the rich grifers have money to throw , but the the grunts are gonna be hosed.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Annapolis

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

"How can people hear me if my mouth is covered up" :downs:

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

SocketWrench posted:

Still waiting to hear what these liberties they lost are....because thus far they seem to have every one of them guaranteed by the Constitution

The right of the people peacably to assemble, if you want to start referencing the Constitution.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao they really think Dearborn is some other country, and not a a cool place with Greenfield Village and really tasty shishkabab

My more ignorant family members in rural PA always ask me about "Dearborn" and the no-go zones. poo poo is wild

People in the right wing machine are wild. I lived in Stockholm for a while and the first thing my crazy uncle wanted to know was "Was it scary having to go to the doctor? They made you wait months just for an X-ray right?!?"
Nope, I went right to the doctor and waited like 5 min every time.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Yestermoment posted:

Seeing that nonsense about "HOPE THE MOZLEMS GET THEIR PLACE CLOSED" makes me so flustered because the muslim communities are not rampant deathcult evangelicals. Everyone got the message from the mosque council of our region saying "Mosques are closed. Pray at home.". This was then followed by community WhatsApp groups memeing it up with a McDonalds worker pasted in front of the building saying "Mosque Broke, Asifun (meaning 'sorry')".

I gotta go Ramadan without samosas and still hear this BS. :mad:
On top of that, doesn't Islam also have some catch-all rule that's basically like, "You should follow the Quran, but if you have to choose between breaking its laws and dying, break the loving law, we're cool with it"? I know Judaism has one like that.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Akumu posted:

The right of the people peacably to assemble, if you want to start referencing the Constitution.

yes but based on SCOTUS precedent, those rights are not absolute

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
also current scotus will rule in favor of whatever daddy trump wants

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

On top of that, doesn't Islam also have some catch-all rule that's basically like, "You should follow the Quran, but if you have to choose between breaking its laws and dying, break the loving law, we're cool with it"? I know Judaism has one like that.

i think thats mostly a shia thing but yeah probably. plus i am pretty islam is also big on individual relations with god over getting it from a priest. also you can do 4 of 5 of the pillars at home.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

SocketWrench posted:

Still waiting to hear what these liberties they lost are....because thus far they seem to have every one of them guaranteed by the Constitution

You've forgotten the obscure "Freedom to breathe infectious water droplets into the lungs of unwilling passers-by" amendment.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Akumu posted:

How so? Everyone of these dumb rear end rallies is that very right being used. Even Gretchen said the people have the right to assemble and protest as long as they distance themselves 6 feet

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

There's a lot of layers to this picture. Her shirt implies she doesn't understand viruses, yet she's wearing a mask, but there's a hole cut in it. A rollercoaster of an image.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1251280679750549505

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Akumu posted:

It’s not really peaceful if an unknown quantity of attendants are destined to die from a highly contagious virus they contract while assembling is it?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

"All the world leaders are having a good time with me, just off screen"

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

SocketWrench posted:

How so? Everyone of these dumb rear end rallies is that very right being used. Even Gretchen said the people have the right to assemble and protest as long as they distance themselves 6 feet

It's not like people haven't been arrested or fined for violating stay-at-home orders. I think this is correct in the interests of public safety but I also don't think it's responsible to just ignore the tension between that and civil liberties.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

And they were like "sir, sir, this is a Wendy's drive-thru, they were crying, it was beautiful"

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

omfg "President Obama left us no ammunition, the cupboard was empty"

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

smoobles posted:

There's a lot of layers to this picture. Her shirt implies she doesn't understand viruses, yet she's wearing a mask, but there's a hole cut in it. A rollercoaster of an image.

I assumed it was a form of protest, like "okay I'll wear it but not the way the commies want me to."

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Something something quoting anonymous sources

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ika posted:

I hate that this is so obvious a lie and yet people will continue to fall for it/willfully believe it.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Ika posted:

loving Obama. I can't believe he didn't leave some type of action plan in case of a pandemic.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Akumu posted:

It's not like people haven't been arrested or fined for violating stay-at-home orders. I think this is correct in the interests of public safety but I also don't think it's responsible to just ignore the tension between that and civil liberties.

More peoples' civil liberties have been violated during non-coronovirus periods than they are now, I'm sure. Just because a handful of dumb sheriffs or whatever don't know how to implement things with stay-at-home orders doesn't mean this is some kinda' new thing. I'm pretty sure all of those folks at the protests came, bitched, then went home with nary a single intervention by the state.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

It’s about time a certain ex president came out and addressed all these loving lies about him

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Angry_Ed posted:

I hate that this is so obvious a lie and yet people will continue to fall for it/willfully believe it.

"When this thing started hospitals didn't have any ventilators at all"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

what a loving narcissistic pig fucker.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1251635284254625794

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1251633138318610432

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1251632392198074369

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1251620844171939841

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1251626291759140864

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1251625050761019394

jesus this is pathetic poo poo.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

ManBoyChef posted:

Of course. Im sure the democratic donors chose her.

Funny you should mention that...

https://twitter.com/SamSacks/status/1251562465961414657?s=19

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Trump continues to turn his 'briefings' into rallies. The media needs to boycott this poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

Trump continues to turn his 'briefings' into rallies. The media needs to boycott this poo poo.

most arnt at least the network ones.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Where'd you find this gem?

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Given that I helped compile information about online services from non-Christian denominations over the past few weeks, I thought it'd be best for me to watch this and understand where he was trying to come from. It's even worse than Aaron's comments make it out to be, and it's absolutely disgusting to see this kind of projection happen alongside conflating Judaism with Israel. I know that trying to blame Muslims for the failings demonstrated by other faiths (who am I kidding, some Christian Evangelical denominations) is par for the course for him, but it's particularly egregious considering the ramifications of Easter services.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dammerung posted:

Given that I helped compile information about online services from non-Christian denominations over the past few weeks, I thought it'd be best for me to watch this and understand where he was trying to come from. It's even worse than Aaron's comments make it out to be, and it's absolutely disgusting to see this kind of projection happen alongside conflating Judaism with Israel. I know that trying to blame Muslims for the failings demonstrated by other faiths (who am I kidding, some Christian Evangelical denominations) is par for the course for him, but it's particularly egregious considering the ramifications of Easter services.

i mean i dont know how mosques services work. but rammadan is mostly family fasting and stuff.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Why wasn't Obama in the white house during the coronavirus outbreak? Really makes you think

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Curse Obama for his failures on 9/11, Katrina, and coronavirus.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

1stGear posted:

Curse Obama for his failures on 9/11, Katrina, and coronavirus.

was the vietnam war also obamas fault

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Koalas March posted:

loving Obama. I can't believe he didn't leave some type of action plan in case of a pandemic.

Don't former presidents get referred to as "President X" for the rest of their lives like generals and such? I wonder how bad he'd take it if one if the press cut him off to yell "President Obama personally left you an action plan, you flat-hosed corn clot".

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Celexi posted:

Obama killed Kennedy aswell

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Celexi posted:

Duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

There are specificities related to plagues (if there's one where you are, don't leave. If there's one where you're going, don't go) and yes, there is a precedent on the preservation of life (beyond just some hypocritical view on abortion) being important.