Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

there wolf posted:

Mcmansion Hell has a new post about 1970's timecapsul of a mcmansion that's pretty great. But more importantly in it she links to a Collector's Weekly article about mid-century style, specifically the colonial revival inspired by westerns and the bicentennial that dominated tastes in that period far more than MCM.

If you want to understand why this room exists, and why it reminds you of your grandmother, read it.

My grandmother did actually have a wagon wheel chandelier just like that for my whole childhood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Anyone interested in an old mill? Aside from the ~$12k taxes, you're probably responsible for the mill pond dam. Nice place, though.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/93-Kennedy-Rd_Green-Twp_NJ_07821_M56150-28345?view=qv

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Welcome to page 400 everyone, time to enjoy the architecture of 400AD and 400BC only

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Jaded Burnout posted:

Welcome to page 400 everyone, time to enjoy the architecture of 400AD and 400BC only

We did Gothic stuff last page.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

there wolf posted:

We did Gothic stuff last page.

'bout a thousand years off on that one

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Anyone interested in an old mill? Aside from the ~$12k taxes, you're probably responsible for the mill pond dam. Nice place, though.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/93-Kennedy-Rd_Green-Twp_NJ_07821_M56150-28345?view=qv

drat that's amazing.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Jaded Burnout posted:

'bout a thousand years off on that one

Tell that to the Romans.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

there wolf posted:

Tell that to the Romans.

APPROXIMATVS M ANNIS SERO

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Ostrogothic modern

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

I visi vidi what you did there

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mr. Mambold posted:

I visi vidi what you did there

*video and drop the I

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ban them for being 12, as evidenced by not knowing Latin.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Youth Decay posted:

The Zillow search term of the day is "gothic
Look at the scale of this great hall and hearth, just massive

Would would would. Needs a bear skin rug though. Great for sexy time in front of the fire.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Ban them for being 12, as evidenced by not knowing Latin.

Mrs Collins, I thought you was dead these 20 years and more. Imagine being 12 in this, the dystopian future, though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Does interior decorating go with interior design? Anyway here's this:

Sign says "Don't gently caress yourself dead." and I think it's by the Red Cross?

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
The giant red butt plug should be next to the 'don't gently caress yourself dead' sign.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

there wolf posted:

The giant red butt plug should be next to the 'don't gently caress yourself dead' sign.

Uhh you mean the Christmas tree?

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

lol that's a butt plug

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I enjoy walking past this house, not interior but whatever. no curves at all love it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Sign says "Don't gently caress yourself dead." and I think it's by the Red Cross?

You found Kirk Johnson's liquor stash?

E:

Holy gently caress, I just was looking up stuff about the goat man himself and came across this article:

:nws: :nws: :nws:
https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/goatse-revealed-kirk-johnson/

Which mentioned that:

quote:

When I began looking into Goatse’s identity, I depended on the longtime rumors that the men’s similar frame and matching moles all pointed toward Johnson. I couldn’t be sure, though, so I consulted an expert: A man who calls himself Grey. He’s the proprietor of the Big Sex Toy Store, an online erotic novelty shop specializing in extreme penetration gear, where the bestseller is an eight-inch PVC slip-on penis-extender. Grey is very familiar with both Goatse and Johnson, and he approaches them both with the practiced eye of the connoisseur.

Which lists that very item (christmas tree/buttplug) for sale on its website.

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 18, 2020

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

The Zillow search term of the day is "telephone"

ugh

Bonus points for the antique radio

If you were fancy you didn't just have a telephone niche, you had a telephone booth. Per the ad this one still works!

And if you were really fancy you had a whole telephone room

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I really want a big old radio cabinet like that and just put a newer setup in it so I can listen to podcasts and pretend I’m in the olden times.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

actionjackson posted:

I enjoy walking past this house, not interior but whatever. no curves at all love it

Dislike - here in the bay area especially near my neighborhood there are a lot of super-modern houses that completely look different from the other houses in the block. I'm of the opinion that a neighborhood should have some cohesion, but you can do anything you want inside.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

ntan1 posted:

Dislike - here in the bay area especially near my neighborhood there are a lot of super-modern houses that completely look different from the other houses in the block. I'm of the opinion that a neighborhood should have some cohesion, but you can do anything you want inside.

I'm the complete opposite, but I live in New England where we're packed with identical-looking colonials. Love modern boxes, they look refreshing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gropius_House

Bubbacub fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 18, 2020

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
When you're so boring that you graffiti the word BEIGE

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Badger of Basra posted:

I really want a big old radio cabinet like that and just put a newer setup in it so I can listen to podcasts and pretend I’m in the olden times.

Get a radio transmitter dongle for your computer.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

“He’s kind of a slender guy but he inserts these huge objects to an incredible depth. I admire his capabilities.”

3D Megadoodoo posted:

this should be one of those cards they have for conversation starters on first dates

"this is your house and it's being photographed for the cover of time magazine, and you have just enough time to hide one item..."

...I think I hide the smirnoff

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

ntan1 posted:

You heard it here folks: looking different is bad. :geno:

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Looks like a safe sex advert. That yellow thing’s a condom.

Is it “don’t gently caress yourself dead” or “don’t gently caress yourself to death”? Or is that functionally the same in Finnish

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Looks like a safe sex advert. That yellow thing’s a condom.

Is it “don’t gently caress yourself dead” or “don’t gently caress yourself to death”? Or is that functionally the same in Finnish

They're functionally different in English?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Youth Decay posted:

Bonus points for the antique radio

I want that radio!

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

Blue Footed Booby posted:

You heard it here folks: looking different is bad. :geno:

Like, have you seen some of the houses constructed here? I understand that you want houses somewhat unique, but there is a too much to that.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ntan1 posted:

i don't have any particular argument for or against the attitude expressed in this post, but it made me consider for a solid five minutes the idea of an entire subdivision of 1970/1980 split levels under a historic preservation ordinance and people having to like source artisinal vinyl siding for the reaganpunk aesthetic all the rage in 2045

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

wesleywillis posted:

Would would would. Needs a bear skin rug though. Great for sexy time in front of the fire.

There’s a bear skin rug on the wall in that room.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Metaline posted:

There’s a bear skin rug on the wall in that room.

It's always nice to have a place to hang your bear skin rug up, to air it out, after sexy time in front of the fire.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

That is the location name for a horror movie and/or David Lynch movie.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Youth Decay posted:

Thank goodness they have FOUR phone ports for a space that contains one phone, and it's not even plugged in.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
Looks like USB-A ports to me. If so, seems like a dumb spot. If the box under the phone is a charging area, just put it in there.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

luxury handset posted:

i don't have any particular argument for or against the attitude expressed in this post, but it made me consider for a solid five minutes the idea of an entire subdivision of 1970/1980 split levels under a historic preservation ordinance and people having to like source artisinal vinyl siding for the reaganpunk aesthetic all the rage in 2045

This is absolutely going to happen and it’s gonna be terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

falz posted:

Looks like USB-A ports to me. If so, seems like a dumb spot. If the box under the phone is a charging area, just put it in there.

The box under the phone is a cubby for the phonebook. The USB-A ports are probably where the old phone jack used to be rather than a totally new addition to the space.