Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

RCarr posted:

I don’t get this. If you’re at the point where you can afford this many turnips you already have more bells than you’ll ever need. Why do this to yourself.

Gonna bribe the dumb dog to get 5 stars

if I make a solid profit off these I will have not only as much money as I will ever spend, but as much as my friends will too.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
5 stars is very easily doable by just placing furniture and fencing in all parts of your island- and I mean all, scatter some furniture on the beaches too. I did this with really easy to craft cheap stuff like campfires + whatever spare furniture I had in my storage. Looked like a mess, still got 5 stars

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Chris Pistols posted:

Ironwood DIY bench being crafted by Admiral (North-westmost house).

I'm watching the Elton John film, but please leave spare outdoor deco if you have any (and ignore the state of my ruined, hodge-podge isle as i fill it with tat and fences in hope of 5 stars)

DQ0C2

Edit: Don't know what happened there. Minused? New code is up

Communications mucked up. New code up.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

Manuel Calavera posted:

Thank you whoever left me star bits! I only saw meteors the first time last night. And didn't have any drop yet that I saw. Two Aries bits though.

This may be what you're referring to, but I stuck some Large Star Bits behind the cherry tree outside your house as a thanks.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Undocumented Gamer posted:

Stitches might be my favorite character so far. He talks poo poo about other ppl and seems to be constantly goof and aloof. Plus he had me at Naruto Running across the courtyard.

Other cool guys Ive seen Elvis(dont have) and Lucha, the luchador as well as the kangaroo couples (ive seen 2 of em)

I had a conversation with Stitches earlier about how the world isn’t even real and it’s just a game for someone else’s amusement. I mean, have you ever thought about how fruit grows so quickly and that Tom Nook doesn’t even make sense? Sure, I’ll buy your seashells so you can pay off a loan for a house that I sold you...

Tanyu
Feb 19, 2011

Manuel Calavera posted:

No one loves Rodney though.
Unrelated, Norma is crafting cutting boards currently! She's off on the east side, 3rd up from the SE (pink house, brick walls next to it.) Will be idle by my Museum.

Thanks for opening up. I was still in your town but got kicked from the queue. Hope that didn't mess up anything. I left my town so fast that I couldn't prepare a nice gift so just left some bells next to you.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(
I'll open for a bit for those people who wanted rose seeds. Not much else of note going on though.

Nooks upgraded so they have more seeds:

Rose: red, yellow, white
Cosmos: red, yellow, white
Mums: red, yellow, white

(so, basically all the base colours).

C606R

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Kiwillian posted:

I'll open for a bit for those people who wanted rose seeds. Not much else of note going on though.

C606R

I may come by for cosmos in a bit... I somehow managed to go a whole month without getting any. Thanks for opening!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Kiwillian posted:

C606R

Ooh, I don’t have any Cosmos or Mums yet. I will drop by in a bit! :)

Simulation883
Jan 1, 2007

Kiwillian posted:

C606R

Nice I’m looking for those exact flowers. Headed over now. Thanks! :)

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Getting goon-rushed a bit so it might take a while... :)

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I was tidying my town and saw a "lily-of-the-valley-plant," which I knew meant I finally got a perfect town! I rushed to Isabelle and she gave me poo poo about the 20 stacks of turnips I tastefully arranged in a farm zone, so I picked them up, went back to her... and now I've got a golden watering can!

So my question is, do I get anything for sustaining a 5 star town rating, or can I put my turnips back in my turnip patch now and tell Isabelle to mind her own drat business from here on?

Second question: Does anyone have the upgraded store yet? I've heard 28 days, and I've I heard 30 days and I've got 31 active days now. Everyone playing since launch should be getting the store soon, right?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dartonus posted:

This may be what you're referring to, but I stuck some Large Star Bits behind the cherry tree outside your house as a thanks.

Thank you then! I wasn't watching.

Thanks everyone who visited! She stopped crafting unfortunately, so closed up now.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Eiba posted:

I was tidying my town and saw a "lily-of-the-valley-plant," which I knew meant I finally got a perfect town! I rushed to Isabelle and she gave me poo poo about the 20 stacks of turnips I tastefully arranged in a farm zone, so I picked them up, went back to her... and now I've got a golden watering can!

So my question is, do I get anything for sustaining a 5 star town rating, or can I put my turnips back in my turnip patch now and tell Isabelle to mind her own drat business from here on?

Second question: Does anyone have the upgraded store yet? I've heard 28 days, and I've I heard 30 days and I've got 31 active days now. Everyone playing since launch should be getting the store soon, right?

Presumably you get more lillies but they must be rare since I still just have the one. As for the store people should be getting notices of impending upgrades today or tomorrow if they unlocked their stores ASAP after the game launched.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
My daughter collects clothes. So many clothes. Her inventory and storage is so full that I'm going to use some of my potential turnip profits to pay off her loan. And even though she changes outfits to go to Nook's Cranny or sit in the outdoor restaurant I made or go to the museum, and so on, she still finds the wand too annoying. And she's the target audience for it!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Lmao

https://twitter.com/thecongressman1/status/1251674993613774853?s=21

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The Nook's Cranny is getting upgraded on my island tomorrow, I started playing a few days late but I also TT'd forwards two days for so I guess it balances out?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I want cosmos too, but Kiwillian is getting slammed right now lol

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

LifeLynx posted:

My daughter collects clothes. So many clothes. Her inventory and storage is so full that I'm going to use some of my potential turnip profits to pay off her loan. And even though she changes outfits to go to Nook's Cranny or sit in the outdoor restaurant I made or go to the museum, and so on, she still finds the wand too annoying. And she's the target audience for it!

I probably change outfits two or three times a day and I only play for a couple of hours.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

bushisms.txt posted:

My god tell me about it. I had to phone cancel the loading screens just to get to the airport to leave.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Chocolate Bunny posted:

5 stars is very easily doable by just placing furniture and fencing in all parts of your island- and I mean all, scatter some furniture on the beaches too. I did this with really easy to craft cheap stuff like campfires + whatever spare furniture I had in my storage. Looked like a mess, still got 5 stars
well, yeah. the thing is I don't want it to look like a mess, I want it to be tidy and organized and easy to get around in. but basically every 5-star I've seen or visited has felt cluttered and claustrophobic to me

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Oh no, we're going to lose a day of turnip prices to store upgrade day. :(

IronicDongz posted:

well, yeah. the thing is I don't want it to look like a mess, I want it to be tidy and organized and easy to get around in. but basically every 5-star I've seen or visited has felt cluttered and claustrophobic to me

Yeah I said the same thing. Watched a few YouTube tours of five-star islands, and though they look great, I can't imagine playing in one being anything less than a nightmare to navigate.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

I was watching a youtube guy and his five-star island had a lot of open space, but there were areas that were quite tightly packed too.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

bushisms.txt posted:

I'll try and stay open for a bit but it's pretty crazy. Had I known there would be a mad rush I would have use the turnip site.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

HopperUK posted:

I probably change outfits two or three times a day and I only play for a couple of hours.

I change at least once a day but I also have a wand with stuff like a raincoat for when it’s raining.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I can't believe there are like, 5 different arcade machines in this game and I have't even seen one in my shop yet!!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

hopeandjoy posted:

I change at least once a day but I also have a wand with stuff like a raincoat for when it’s raining.

I saw Agent S use her wand in the rain in order to manifest a little tiny rainhat on top of her helmet balanced between her ears.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

YggiDee posted:

The Nook's Cranny is getting upgraded on my island tomorrow, I started playing a few days late but I also TT'd forwards two days for so I guess it balances out?
Somebody needs to crack this game open even more and figure out what is going on with this. I'm at 32 days since launch and have bought and spent millions, what is taking those kids so long to up their game!

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

HopperUK posted:

I saw Agent S use her wand in the rain in order to manifest a little tiny rainhat on top of her helmet balanced between her ears.

On sunny days, my Agent S walks around with sunglasses over the visor of her helmet.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Closed for now. Thanks to whoever left the bells by my house :)

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Opening up the AC for a while. Bring me boxes. I need a lot of boxes.

Dodo Code: 6L1PT

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/Meguru157/status/1251497022370144258

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Somebody needs to crack this game open even more and figure out what is going on with this. I'm at 32 days since launch and have bought and spent millions, what is taking those kids so long to up their game!

I saw a youtube video that said it was 30 days since Nook's Cranny opened, not since launch.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Highest Cactus posted:

On sunny days, my Agent S walks around with sunglasses over the visor of her helmet.

She was all upset today because Stitches told her her thought musical talent was inborn and working at it was a waste of time and it took ages for me to calm her down. I wonder if anyone's collected all the little superhero gang on one island.

Ludicrous Speed
Aug 29, 2004

throttle up flaps down
power up gears down
Queue is locked. Thanks for those who left me goodies!

Ludicrous Speed fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Apr 20, 2020

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Velma is making Golden Toilets on my island if anyone wants that recipe. Her house is on the bottom right corner. (Just head right from the airport and there will be a brick bridge)

Dodo: That’s all folks thanks for coming.

Able store has some neat accessories too. There are a couple free DIY recipes on the beach to the right of the airport too.

Seymour Buttz fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 20, 2020

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

LastGoodBoy posted:

Opening up the AC for a while. Bring me boxes. I need a lot of boxes.

Dodo Code: 6L1PT

3 boxes are en route!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Man, isolation is really starting to get to people...

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I refused to get Stitches when he came up at an island in New Horizons because I had him as a neighbor in New Leaf and he never EVER remembered appointments. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Ludicrous Speed posted:

Derwin is giving out the signpost DIY, which is super cute. It can be customized for your house, the shops, fishing, the airport, the museum, the residence building, and for trees. Trying out the queue system today. Hope it works!

https://turnip.exchange/island/ab7f343c

On my way over now but through some shenanigans (on my phone so that’s why) I am not only in the queue twice but closed the page trying to fix it and so can’t leave when I fly back! Sorry! I’ll post when I’m on the way out again.

E: out! And out of the turnip queue.

mareep fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 20, 2020