Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Ganondork posted:

If I put a helmet on in my E46 M3, and lower the seat completely, the helmet still hits the roof. I’m 5’10”.

Slicktop supremacy

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Ganondork posted:

If I put a helmet on in my E46 M3, and lower the seat completely, the helmet still hits the roof. I’m 5’10”.

do like fat joe say and leeeeean back

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Is this your helmet?

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender
I can't fit in my E92 with a helmet either. I wish I had slick-top but only 3 or 4 were made in 335is trim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYwZ17loknE

I am ~6'4" and it is painful driving the car with helmet on. Not sure how I will ever do HPDE. :(

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Ganondork posted:

do you have a 26" inseam or something

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
I'm 6'5" and the E46 and F22 both feel roomy to me, so BMWs definitely sit low

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
The seating position in my GTI felt like it was a truck compared to my F80.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

fknlo posted:

The seating position in my GTI felt like it was a truck compared to my F80.

Kinda same. I feel like the seat in my F31 is adjusted quite a bit higher than in my old GTI. My head is definitely closer to the ceiling.

I think it's because the BMW's hood is longer, so I feel like I need to sit up higher to see past it? I'm definitely happy to have radar sensors on the front when parking.

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010

jink posted:

I can't fit in my E92 with a helmet either. I wish I had slick-top but only 3 or 4 were made in 335is trim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYwZ17loknE

I am ~6'4" and it is painful driving the car with helmet on. Not sure how I will ever do HPDE. :(

Sounds like it's time to get a race seat and bolt it to the floor.

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender

Diametunim posted:

Sounds like it's time to get a race seat and bolt it to the floor.

But my heated seaaaaaats!!! :D

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
went out for a drive today, did some lurid skids.
got home, discovered my external mic that's taped to my rear bumper wasn't working because I think my gopro hero 4's USB-mini port is dying. So the internal mic picked up interior noise including the low-volume Howard Stern that I had on and wasn't even listening to :negative:

anyone know if you can plug a lavalier mic into one of these camera's mini-HDMI ports? Or are those output only?

Ganondork
Dec 26, 2012

Ganondork

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

do you have a 26" inseam or something

I think I have some reading to do

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
SHOT

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26044323&postcount=13

CHASER

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26046044&postcount=42

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
lmao. that's Go Straight To Jail numbers right there in California.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
lmao

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
147mph guy is an admin to the PNW BMW Facebook group and is deleting and banning anyone who posts about it, grrr

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Lol what a baby. How the hell do you have such poor impulse control that you just have to go 150mph because you have an m3.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
edit: deleted

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 17, 2020

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

Lol what a baby. How the hell do you have such poor impulse control that you just have to go 150mph because you have an m3.

Pretty certain the car isn't an important part of the equation.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

looool

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Came across this locally, stupid cheap Z4M Roadster
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/scottsdale-2006-bmw-z4m/7108153176.html

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Wow. Buy that.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Blue over Black with Carbon Leather dash, excellent color combo. It does have the popup nav, which I didn't like in my coupe. The convertibles look amazing with the top down. Amazing cars and this one seems to be a steal.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Plus it has hydraulic steering!

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Nah, I already have one convertible :v:

I do think it is a good price though.

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010
Finally made some progress on painting the re-manufactured calipers I picked up. Primer is down and they're ready for paint tomorrow. I managed to spray all 4 caliper brackets and calipers with a single can of primer. Last coat went down right as the can ran dry. I had forgotten how tedious painting is. Ignore the messy rear end garage please.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BlackMK4 posted:

Nah, I already have one convertible :v:

I do think it is a good price though.

Disappointing to know that mine would only net me $10k at the absolute upper end if I pretty it up. Oh well, daily it every day until the comet hits I guess

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Disappointing to know that mine would only net me $10k at the absolute upper end if I pretty it up. Oh well, daily it every day until the comet hits I guess

I think of the dollar difference between what I paid for a car and what I sold it for as the fee for driving/enjoying the car for that time. Always ends up being worth it to me.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Hey Residency Evil -- from the sound of his posts the last couple of days, that guy with the red E90 with the left rear door ding is getting pretty desperate. He's got an M2 that just arrived and needs the car gone, he sounded like he'd be ready to negotiate down some...

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Ether Frenzy posted:

Hey Residency Evil -- from the sound of his posts the last couple of days, that guy with the red E90 with the left rear door ding is getting pretty desperate. He's got an M2 that just arrived and needs the car gone, he sounded like he'd be ready to negotiate down some...

Hah yeah, I saw that. I've actually got a flight scheduled to Charlotte for a wedding that's going to get moved. Not sure how desperate he'll be by then, but hoarding money now sounds like a decent idea too.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I mean... you can't do burnouts with massively deflated post-society dollars.

(I am glad I don't have any car payments)

But... that car would be an awesome tale of how you survived and, indeed, thrived during the pandemic. It's got 4 doors, you can always sleep in it if you lose your house and job... :v:

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
Put gas in the M2 for the first time in a month yesterday just because. The price stickiness of vPower 93 is quite annoying...

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I couldn't believe the prices at a rural Chevron off the freeway a couple days ago. I gave the M2 a $24 fill-up which blew my mind

Gas in the city is still like $3.99 though...

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I couldn't believe the prices at a rural Chevron off the freeway a couple days ago. I gave the M2 a $24 fill-up which blew my mind

Gas in the city is still like $3.99 though...

Ew, non vPower 93?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I put 3 gallons of 99 octane in on top of 4 or 5 gallons of 91 (as high as we get here in clear-aired California) and it only cost $30!

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Ether Frenzy posted:

I put 3 gallons of 99 octane in on top of 4 or 5 gallons of 91 (as high as we get here in clear-aired California) and it only cost $30!

If you stop at a track you can get 100 octane. Thunderhill and Chuckwalla both have it :v:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

I paid $30 for a fillup from a quarter tank of 93 octane about a week ago. I actually got out of my car and took a closer look at the pump to make sure that was accurate because I couldn't believe it.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Lookit you plebs going on about gas prices. I have been giving it the expensive gin - ethanol free premium grade that is $3.99 a gallon while the swill of my turbochurged ferd (premium) is dipping to ~2.30/gallon.

Shenans I got up to this weekend...

breakin the law :rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I paid $14.59 for just over 12 gallons of E30 93 blend today