Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

you had me at "it is incredibly lame to wish death and harm on others for the delight and applause of an echo chamber," but then you lost me at "because those others are actually ok fellas and it's our job to bridge the gap with people who protest in order to extend a pandemic"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Chichevache posted:

No, it doesn't.

It makes me feel bad that this is what is considered acceptable discourse. Dan Carlin had a pretty good episode of Common Sense about this type of rhetoric a few weeks ago, A Recipe for Caesar. I thought he made a drat good point about what possible resolution we can find to this divide in our country when you have people otherizing their "enemies" to the point of considering them vermin worth destroying.

Obviously the real Nazis are an issue, just like real tankies are an issue. But not everyone who disagrees with you politically falls into those two camps. I'm not eager to raise my daughter in a world where Americans are purging one another over political beliefs, and I think an important step to walking us back from that cliff is stopping that kind of rhetoric when you can.

Eat a dick you loving apologist.

These people are ghouls that will gladly use deaths of children just like your daughter as a punchline.

These people ain't good or kind and I USED TO tolerate them, and look where the gently caress that got us.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The circular firing squad that is GiP is starting to look more like a bunch of crabs in a bucket.

In a current event: Oil is in loving free fall mode. How long can Saudi Arabia and Russia sustain these low rear end prices? Nobody knows. West Texas Intermediate is at $15 a barrel for the first time since the loving 90’s. That’s insane before you even take inflation into account.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Make us delicious, crabdad

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

The circular firing squad that is GiP is starting to look more like a bunch of crabs in a bucket.

In a current event: Oil is in loving free fall mode. How long can Saudi Arabia and Russia sustain these low rear end prices? Nobody knows. West Texas Intermediate is at $15 a barrel for the first time since the loving 90’s. That’s insane before you even take inflation into account.

Thought OPEC and the rest agreed to cut production a week or two ago to put prices back up, did that not pan out?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Tonight's Last Week Tonight was loving amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPidJLPnaPg

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
bring back sub $1/gal gas tia

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

There are a few poo poo grades of crude in montana without pipeline access that are trading for negative dollars, they will pay you to truck it away so they can switch the tanks over to storing gasoline or something worth a drat

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
lol Laura Loomer is not only running for Congress in Florida but is actually out-raising her eight republican rivals by a ton

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republican-aoc-laura-loomer-gains-steam-in-florida-congressional-run

The district is heavily blue, but it’s amazing that people have donated so much money to a person whose campaign platform is to get unbanned from Twitter

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Deathy McDeath posted:

it’s amazing that people have donated so much money to a person whose campaign platform is to get unbanned from Twitter

What's the cumulative lowtax patreon take up to?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

The 1.66 in getting in charlotte is nuts. I didn't think i would ever see sub 1.90 gas in NY again but here we are

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

shame on an IGA posted:

There are a few poo poo grades of crude in montana without pipeline access that are trading for negative dollars, they will pay you to truck it away so they can switch the tanks over to storing gasoline or something worth a drat

This is a sign of a perfectly functioning system and is completely sustainable.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
When gas got real low under obama*, I used a rewards card to get a dollar off a gallon and got 35 gallons for under 35 bucks.

*this never happened as far as conservatives remember

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ded posted:

bring back sub $1/gal gas tia

Already there in Michigan.

Gas is still around $3 per gallon here in western Washington, I'm annoyed.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Milo and POTUS posted:

When gas got real low under obama*, I used a rewards card to get a dollar off a gallon and got 35 gallons for under 35 bucks.

*this never happened as far as conservatives remember

After conversion, I am currently paying 4.49usd/us gallon

I hate you all

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

bird food bathtub posted:

Thought OPEC and the rest agreed to cut production a week or two ago to put prices back up, did that not pan out?

It takes like 4-6 weeks for those decisions to actually start affecting gas pricing.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

When you accidentally leave snap to grid on when setting up graduation

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Every time I try to reach a hand out for Chichevache it tends to come back all covered in poo poo, but here goes.

If these people think it is a good idea to be where they are, or for the country to open up fully-as-before immediately, then they are victims of a failed education system and a predatory media on overdrive both profiting on their miseducation and being intentionally influenced by other states and non-state actors for political gain both in the US and abroad.

Protests lack nuance. They are blunt instruments to express a general and unfocused discontent. The demagogues were ready. People concerned with their economic future are afraid because there is a very real threat to their ability to meet needs. Yes, other people (maybe even you) have suffered those same fears or inability to meet basic needs, and it feels good to see the tables turn. But you too have benefited while others suffer; pointing fingers at those you may safely publicly despise doesn't wash your hands of it, as you use electricity to read this forum post on your computer or your cell phone which you paid for with a job that, I bet if I took a poll, most of you got to via car. You're still part of the economic system that keeps you from having to gather your own food. The shouting and vitriol are attempts to distract.

Please stop this oneupsmanship of hate.

Edit: removed quote because I wasn't responding to the quoted post.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

piL posted:

Please stop this oneupsmanship of hate.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

After conversion, I am currently paying 4.49usd/us gallon

I hate you all

Get outta here with them rookie numbers

I pay 5.03 USD per gallon :smug:

:(

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

McNally posted:

how the gently caress is "these people wish to indefinitely prolong a pandemic that has, in seven weeks, killed more Americans than the Korean War did in 161 weeks" a political belief

It's just more bad faith on Chiche.

My post did not advocate anything serious nor was it suggestive of.

On the same day he's "But who will think of the protestors!?!?"and reporting posts of people who show him disdain, he's asking about wanting to push the boundaries himself on making ironicdeath posts in another thread.

Pretty gross to follow it up with "I just want to stop this rhetoric for my daughter's sake".

Meanwhile, those protestors will actually get people killed, more likely than not healthcare workers trying to save them.

e : if I was serious I would have said napalm.

That Works fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Apr 20, 2020

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/connorfletcher/status/1252070531685203969?s=19

https://twitter.com/connorfletcher/status/1252099068861403137?s=19

I do wonder if Russia and Saudi realized how bad demand cratered when they decided to hypercharge supply like they did. Or how hosed they are if neither needs/needed the money. I know they intended to gently caress American oil producers, but they might've hosed them so hard they broke their dicks off in the oil wells.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I would like to inquire where I can get paid 89 cents a litre for gas instead of the other way around, thanks.

(Last summer gas peaked here at $1.68/L. I haven't seen gas this cheap since before 9/11.)

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

That Works posted:

This is really the problem I have with this whole thing. I realise that often online people say horrible, gross stuff and try to pass it off as ironic or whatever when it's not; and yea, that should totally be called out.
But gently caress, in here we're basically all regulars and it's not that hard to tell when someone's being glib or just talking poo poo, it seems really disingenuous to get that handwringy about those posts.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Uh, I might be missing something, but I thought Chiche was talking about the general discourse here, not the protestors, but I could have that wrong

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Seamus_Malek/st...ingawful.com%2F

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
I read it in the general case, but I think the points he was trying to refute operated under the assumption of the specific. This is a conversation that had taken place across several pages, so at different times different people were probably talking about different things. I agree that we can tell the difference, and that Chichevache often posts in bad faith, but also the people that read the boards and pay visits to Lowtax are probably not regulars (except for NSA Wizard).

But even if Chichevache wasn't talking about the general discourse, the check on our language might be valuable just to slow our spiral ever darker.

piL fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Apr 20, 2020

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It takes like 4-6 weeks for those decisions to actually start affecting gas pricing.

The problem is that demand is cratering by more than those cuts while storage is running out if capacity. COVID has made huge cuts in demand that will just prolong that 4-6 weeks. Meanwhile oil countries have to decide if they keep pumping since oil dollars provide a large portion of their authoritarian budget and legitimacy. Any cuts Saudi has made have traditionally allowed outside producers to increase their market share.

Churchill
Nov 27, 2007
Winston

Seems like they're doing it for all countries affected by covid-19 and that it's run by some tourism organisation rather than the Swiss state. The US flag was projected yesterday for instance.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

That Works posted:

That kind of his thing.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Western Canadian Select oil is trading for negative dollars. It now costs more to pump out of the earth than it's worth.
I sincerely hope this is the death-knell for the oil sands forever. It's poo poo oil and nobody wants it.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Yeah Chiche is disingenuous as all hell and I'm pretty sure 75-80% of his posts are actually trolling, and that includes his posts in TFF.

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Yeah Chiche is disingenuous as all hell and I'm pretty sure 75-80% of his posts are actually trolling, and that includes his posts in TFF.

*rewatches Paul blart mall cop for research into posting style*

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

piL posted:

the check on our language might be valuable just slow our spiral ever darker.

I agree with this and am glad you mentioned it.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

MA-Horus posted:

Western Canadian Select oil is trading for negative dollars. It now costs more to pump out of the earth than it's worth.
I sincerely hope this is the death-knell for the oil sands forever. It's poo poo oil and nobody wants it.

It’s Québec fault for not allowing the pipeline.

It’s surely not because nobody wanted their lovely sour crude in the first place.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
https://twitter.com/beyerstein/status/1252087355172929538
I have no kind or productive words for this. :)

EDIT: thankfully, it didn't go anywhere
https://twitter.com/beyerstein/status/1252090864307970055

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Made a whole flyer and forgot to put the time on it.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
maybe our resident bootlicker isn't defending their political beliefs, but in fact defending his political beliefs

bird food bathtub posted:

It won't help. Demand is destroyed. The cuts basically need to be doubled to bring supply back into line with demand.

The Texas Railroad Commission(the God-Emperor oil and gas regulatory authority in Texas) held a public hearing last week on re-implementing prorationing for the first time since the 1970s. The industry may be many things, but it is generally not short-sighted and realizes that it drilled itself out of a job and doesn't entirely trust itself to not do it again.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

A post that shouldn’t be made but I think is good commentary on reality:

There was a mass shooting this weekend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
That's sorta what I said to a friend last nice. It's real awful people died, but real nice to hear about something other than coronavirus