Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Jagganoth is the primary instigator of this scheme. He called the meeting, he's the shadow looming over the rest of the demiurges, and the most capable of toppling any portion of them (but not the whole). As well as the phrasing above of "Then well see if you deserve the master key or not" implies a much stronger hand in the events and their planning, and incubus being dragged along.
In addition among all the stagnation the demiurges wallowed in he was the first to be roused into action, and he didnt even meet our favorite bonny lass and eternal queen of bad decisions.

Jags wants the master key for his own, and drafted incubus into this, baiting and exploiting his sense of inferiority.
Whether Incubus is doing a side plan or not is unclear as of yet, but the situation he's in is all Jags.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-3-42-to-3-44/

"The other six still think it's that boy."

Incubus saw the potential before Jagganoth, until there's an explicit statement in the text to the contrary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:five:

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

:perfect: Kill

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

:discourse:

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If anyone could claim that single drop of blood, it's actually probably her. Don't forget she's an Emissary of Jagganoth and spoiling for a shot of her own at Incubus.

Emissaries are people like the bondage nun who have been lent a portion of a Key. Maya isn't anyone's Emissary. She's also not part of the order of knights who follow Jag. She's a Mendicant Knight.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
:allears:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

I hear the chicken dance in my head

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

KARAMEL. SIX. BILLION. DANCENS.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Jesus Cryophage. That's amazing.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Emissaries are people like the bondage nun who have been lent a portion of a Key. Maya isn't anyone's Emissary. She's also not part of the order of knights who follow Jag. She's a Mendicant Knight.

Yeah, that's my take. I'm not even sure if she entered the competition, and if she did she's doing the bare minimum at every step to get through each round.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V6_SCQ3P30

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hostile V posted:

KARAMEL. SIX. BILLION. DANCENS.

OMG

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Cowcaster posted:

i will say the moment solomon grundy decides to ki rata jagganoth to show his martial superiority and his kick just stops dead against one of his magnificent pecs will be a tasty moment indeed

*seeing Anderson Silva's leg injury again*

Yo trigger warning that poo poo

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

:five:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mr. Lobe posted:

If there's anything I don't like about k6bd, it's that it's hard to imagine communism happening in a world with great man metaphysics
What do you think Gog-Agog is if not every worker getting a share of a Key of Kings?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Have you not noticed that red gem embedded in her forehead? Remember her entire drive is that she's out to kill Incubus.

edit: I fully admit I might be wrong, but it looks an awful lot like what the other emissaries have had.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

pretty good but I feel like maybe all the blood and gore should be flashing various colors to really match the Caramelldansen aesthetic, as so:

https://twitter.com/lilnasx/status/1239658468132315136

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

:eyepop:

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Have you not noticed that red gem embedded in her forehead? Remember her entire drive is that she's out to kill Incubus.

edit: I fully admit I might be wrong, but it looks an awful lot like what the other emissaries have had.

Lots of people have those without their being Emissaries that get their juice straight from a Demiurge's key.

Some of them have fakes, just as fashion, some are just personally powerful enough that they have a real diminutive version, much like the (many) Demiurges of old had before they all got whittled down and condensed into the 7 of today.

Maya is likely in that 'just personally powerful enough to have one of her own' crowd. Can't remember what they're called, off-hand, but they're a thing outside of the Demiurge keys.

edit: Ley-Stones. That's what they're called.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-1-16/

Anybody can have one, they're separate from actual Keys to gates, and the ones that aren't fakes (to look more powerful/important than you actually are) get bigger and more impressive the more powerful you are. Naturally, demiurges can pump some of their power into someone, and their Ley-Stone would become more impressive as a result, so it's the natural assumption one would make for most people meeting someone with one like that (you know, impressive).

Maya has a pretty dang big one...because she's Maya, end of story. Most people would probably assume she's wearing a fake...because what would a drunken noodle-glutton possibly be doing with an actual Ley-Stone that size and luster?

Aoi fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Apr 20, 2020

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

absolutely outstanding, but paired with

is truly transcendent

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Lots of people have those without their being Emissaries that get their juice straight from a Demiurge's key.

Some of them have fakes, just as fashion, some are just personally powerful enough that they have a real diminutive version, much like the (many) Demiurges of old had before they all got whittled down and condensed into the 7 of today.

Maya is likely in that 'just personally powerful enough to have one of her own' crowd. Can't remember what they're called, off-hand, but they're a thing outside of the Demiurge keys.

Anybody can have one, they're separate from actual Keys to gates, and the ones that aren't fakes (to look more powerful/important than you actually are) get bigger and more impressive the more powerful you are. Naturally, demiurges can pump some of their power into someone, and their Ley-Stone would become more impressive as a result, so it's the natural assumption one would make for most people meeting someone with one like that (you know, impressive).

Maya has a pretty dang big one...because she's Maya, end of story. Most people would probably assume she's wearing a fake...because what would a drunken noodle-glutton possibly be doing with an actual Ley-Stone that size and luster?

Ahh, I got them confused. I think I misread that page during my recent re-read, because I guess I got Ley-stone == Emissary out of it.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Flesnolk posted:

She couldn't even make it a couple rounds into the tournament, against normal (by KSBD standards) kung fu dudes, without fusing with Cio.

I think they were pretty hardcore Kung Fu dudes, although obviously nowhere near Solomon's level and your overall point still stands.

Looking back though, Gog saying she would rig the matches to give Allison easy fights and then Allison getting matched up against a load of heavyweight/super heavyweights some of who looked tough as poo poo compared to generic axe man or whatever makes me think Gog actually put Allison against the toughest dudes in the tournament from the get go.

Grimwall
Dec 11, 2006

Product of Schizophrenia
Instead of stopping time, I prefer the more bad-rear end explanation that Solomon is just moving extremely fast, to the point that he has jet-like contrails streaming from his limbs.

The key is probably giving him his purple aura which protects him from the effects of having a velocity that can be expressed in multiple Machs.

A brutal, kung-fu speedster... with the perfect beard.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

K Prime posted:

There's also a fascinating historical undercurrent that the Chancellor of Qin, Zhao Gao, may have been deliberately making the laws absurd in an attempt to wreak vengeance on Qin from within.

I think the worst thing is that Legalism kind of won.

I read somewhere that a lot of Chinese empires were basically a thing Confucian covering over a very legalist structure.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

gently caress

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i was gonna post about how i'm gonna be thinking about the most powerful block white letters i've ever seen in my life for a long time but now i'm gonna be thinking about slammin' dan's key ratty dance for a long time

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Shake, shake, shake, Paternum
Shake your arena
Work, work, work, Paternum
Work your arena

Paternum does Ki-rata
Slaughter all the pretenders
And when he gets the sensation
Bracelets in the air, then a blood ocean

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
yeah he's not stopping time he's just that fast and strong

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Any sufficiently advanced kung-fu is indistinguishable from magic. 

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

What Solly D thinks it looks like:
https://youtu.be/dNQs_Bef_V8

What it would actually look like if you perceived it fast enough:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

Shake, shake, shake, Paternum
Shake your arena
Work, work, work, Paternum
Work your arena

Paternum does Ki-rata
Slaughter all the pretenders
And when he gets the sensation
Bracelets in the air, then a blood ocean

david uses five fingers
a moment passes and lingers
and diamond runs into balsa-
the challengers are all chunky salsa

sol-dave's the one, life obliteration
okay! i believe you!
sol-dave's the one, life obliteration
okay! i believe you!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

EimiYoshikawa posted:

I forgot how utterly fantastic that chapter was.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-2-34/

Combat power and gate use might not even be the greatest, most important power of the master key. The yellow devils in this chapter recognized Allison's apparently-effortless, intuitive binding of an ebon demon as something that requires a Key of Kings, straight up. It seems to me like all of this politicking between the demiurges is really only kind of a subplot - the most minor, recent history - of the creation story in K6BD. The course of history of the K6BD universe probably more largely concerns Zoss and the bindings he made with who-knows-how-many demons before or during his conquest of heaven. The taming of some (or a large part) of Yis's creation fire invested in demons/devils is probably a critical item in the How To Successfully Conquer The Universe checklist.

I'm only a recent K6BD reader. Has the possibility that most of the devils in the universe are bound to Zoss come up? That the old ebon demon who lost the drinking contest completely lost his form because he broke not just his most recent binding to Allison, but also his original binding to Zoss?

Tangent:
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-2-35/
Royalty is a continuous drinking motion.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I love the drinking contest :allears:.

Has anyone ever actually put that to music?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Sadly no, but someone did a really cool rendition of Oscar's song from when he was assembling the crew for the heist.

https://youtu.be/9u8fR6Q1oU0

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

yeah he's not stopping time he's just that fast and strong

Counts as speed hax, then. Same frustration after my spirit leaves my body.

I'm not gonna fuss over what that type of movement would do to the air around him, though. I don't think the sides of the arena are gonna get hit with sonic booms- his martial arts breathing bullshit is way too precise for even a blade of grass to get rustled if he didn't want it to.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Allison rides the lightning but Swolemon is bringing the thunder :rock:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Josef bugman posted:

I think the worst thing is that Legalism kind of won.

I read somewhere that a lot of Chinese empires were basically a thing Confucian covering over a very legalist structure.

Ehhhh

Sorry for the derail but this is something I really love.

"Officially" speaking, Legalism was totally and utterly defeated with the rise of the Han dynasty. And, indeed, many of the principles laid out by Shang Yang and Han Feizi were never used by government again. Like, how the gently caress are you supposed to govern by this

Book of Lord Shang posted:

If in a country there are the following ten evils: rites, music, odes, history, virtue, moral culture, filial piety, brotherly duty, integrity and sophistry, the ruler cannot make the people fight and dismemberment is inevitable; and this brings extinction in its train. If the country has not these ten things and the ruler can make the people fight, he will be so prosperous that he will attain supremacy. A country where the virtuous govern the wicked, will suffer from disorder, so that it will be dismembered; but a country where the wicked govern the virtuous, will be orderly, so that it will become strong.

That said, the issue with pure Confucian governance is that in practice, the Confucians didn't really have much to say about the day-to-day. Mengzi was the most preferred of the Confucians during the Han dynasty and for much of the Imperial period, and Mengzi's theory of government is that the emperor should just "be virtuous" (which, despite having re-read it just last week, is really vague), and then everybody in the kingdom will just spontaneously follow his example. There are some policy prescriptions that are straightforward (Mengzi endorses a Georgist single land value tax, which is just really funny to me for some reason), but for the most part it's an extremely weird libertarianism, almost anarcho-monarchism. If you were to ask an expert on the Mengzi how to handle corruption or a disease outbreak or a public works project, you'd get advice ranging from 'completely evasive' to 'impossible to implement.'

The Legalists were, ultimately, the people around at the start of the Han who both had thought about and had actually practiced the nitty-gritty of stuff like 'taxes' and 'criminal justice.' So they were quietly hired into the Han government. Legalism stopped being a distinct school of thought and became a tendency within both Confucianism and Taoism, mostly to describe ministers who were bluntly pragmatic or favored punitive measures. But it would be inaccurate to describe it as either an independent school of thought or something that completely ate Confucianism from within - debates about state monopolies on salt (Han), currency printing (Tang), and penal enforcement (Ming) make it clear that neither the most hardline Confucians and Taoists nor the most flexible Legalists ever completely won.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

I was under the impression that Maya was, at one point, one of the demiurges. Others have belittled Incubus, essentially saying that the throne he claims isn't actually his. Incubus has also stated that whoever the other Gods believe owns Incubus's throne is a washed up old drunk.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Renaissance Robot posted:

Allison rides the lightning but Swolemon Reigns in Blood :rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Which Metallica Album bset matches each Demiurge?

Kill 'Em All: Allison, who will Kill Six Billion Demons!
Ride the Lightning: Mottom, whose palace appears in a burst of lightning!
Master of Puppets: The Grand Dragon, Mammon, uses his wealth to secure his power.
....And Justice for All: Solomon David, of course.
Metallica: Nothing appeals to the masses like Gog-Agog or the black album
Load: Gog-Agog sells out
Reload: Gog-Agog also heard about selling out, and decided to do the same, but was sad that Gog-Agog did it first.
St. Anger: I can think of no better album to represent Incubus, who is simultaneously the worst demiurge and pissed off about it.
Death Magnetic: Jaggonath, dealer of death and destruction!
Hardwired... to Self-Destruct: It's gotta be Jadis, who just wants to die!