Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

time for more continuing gay adventures of gay noble vacation isekai:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/843065/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Guyver posted:

After about a year Kono Sekai has a new scanlator. They redid chapter 16 which someone did a no effort version of last year some time. Hope they keep with it because it's fun.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/844669

I really love this stupid story. The novel hasn't been updated in a while, though, which sucks because it keeps throwing new funny, broken game mechanics at you.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Clarste posted:

Another series I've been enjoying is The Evil Lady's Hero which is kinda like your standard "reincarnated as the villainess but I want to avoid the bad ending" except in this case the protagonist decides to avoid her fate by just staying away from everyone involved in the drama. Until one night she gets drunk at a party and ends up sleeping with the male lead. And then she just decides to roll with it because he's cute like a puppy and she's got a pretty casual approach to dating. They can always just break up amicably after he falls in love with the heroine, right?

I guess it's hard to pinpoint anything, like, interesting or notable about the series other than the protagonist's attitude towards everything. I guess she has much more of an "adult" perspective on romance that you don't see too often in these stories. I like the art too.
It's got good comfort food vibes going on. I'd say it's like a more thoughtful Bakarina in that sense. Also it doesn't lean too hard on any particular gimmicks (like Tyrant's Sister leaning on it's silly caricatures.)

Nalin posted:

I really love this stupid story. The novel hasn't been updated in a while, though, which sucks because it keeps throwing new funny, broken game mechanics at you.
Same. I'm just glad the series has a new scanlator!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

While not an isekai in the traditional sense, it does feature an OP protag who has no idea how to interact with people and discovering how the world she lives in works (because she grew up under a rock/death god) so it still counts imo

Featuring a lot of violence and probable war crimes (eventually), plus protag is cute. https://mangadex.org/title/40770/shinigami-ni-sodaterareta-shoujo-wa-shikkoku-no-tsurugi-wo-mune-ni-idaku

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new Lady Rose https://mangadex.org/chapter/846853

I loving love the nonchalance

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I'm finding the protagonist kind of annoying in that one lately.

Like, not in a funny way, I'm just annoyed at her.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Did that story ever explain what the hell was going on?

Couldn't tell if it was the scanlators or the author screwing things up

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

While not an isekai in the traditional sense, it does feature an OP protag who has no idea how to interact with people and discovering how the world she lives in works (because she grew up under a rock/death god) so it still counts imo

Featuring a lot of violence and probable war crimes (eventually), plus protag is cute. https://mangadex.org/title/40770/shinigami-ni-sodaterareta-shoujo-wa-shikkoku-no-tsurugi-wo-mune-ni-idaku

I don’t know if this is wholesome thread material, but it was definitely entertaining

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
New Bookworm.

It's a bit of a low bar, but I really appreciate that Myne comes off as thoughtless and cruel sometimes. It makes her feel more real as a character.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Clarste posted:

I'm finding the protagonist kind of annoying in that one lately.

Like, not in a funny way, I'm just annoyed at her.

I'm annoyed at the pacing and setting of the story more. While the art and expressions are quite sharp and good, since the protagonist is fighting actively against being involved in the story to live a commoner life, it means we're just supposed to coast on dialogue and character interaction which is just ok at best. I have the same problem with it in novel form too.

This comes at the cost of worldbuilding especially since the story has some serious overtones when it comes to the question of fate and destiny and inevitability. Lackluster worldbuilding is already a symptom of these kinds of stories, but it especially bothers me in Lady Rose because I'm like, "dammit get a move on"

If this was a pure comedy, I don't think this would bother me as much, but I also overthink things to a degree.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bakarina Hardmode updated

Click that for a spoiler!

Helpful mobile text

Your actions have consequences Katarina, you've released a murderer into the school!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Endo and Kobayashi's Live Commentary has a new update.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
*CLENCH*

very cute.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Apr 6, 2020

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The younger Riefenstahl sisters are very minor characters, but there's enough there in the WN that I wish we got to see more of them.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://mangadex.org/chapter/847240 new It's My Life came out a few days ago, and it's a good one.

I wonder where things will go and how it will end but I have a feeling it's going to get all super grimdark and poo poo with the stuff it's put forth with the main plot in the past. I much prefer these types of chapters(well, the majority of this chapter, at least) to that, but looks like it's giving us one last happy moment before snatching it away, as series like this are wont to do

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

80.000 gold is fun and What the gently caress is it with the MC's dead brother? That guy was like the ultimate otaku, knew errything

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Siegkrow posted:

80.000 Gold Is Fun and What the gently caress Is It with the MC's Dead Brother? That Guy was like the Ultimate Otaku, Knew Errything

isekai titles are getting out of hand

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i liked this https://mangadex.org/title/46688/the-strongest-florist

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

I'm definitely digging the big buff dude who only wants to raise plants in his VR MMO.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
E: Bakarina Spoilers

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 12, 2020

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Looks like Ride-on King was picked back up

Picture taken 10 seconds before bullying and prehistoric liberation occur.
Didn't think I'd wind up feeling bad for the Satyr general but she at least went out with honor despite all the poo poo she's pulled.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Is that Squirrel Girl?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
New Update for the Unwanted Undead Adventurer

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
A False Confession has very nearly almost reached the point at which it's first chapter occurs!

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Wait, did they do a re-upload? It says 11 hours ago, but I'm pretty sure I've already seen this chapter from them.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah, this is definitely not a new one.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Maguoob posted:

Wait, did they do a re-upload? It says 11 hours ago, but I'm pretty sure I've already seen this chapter from them.

Was thinking the same thing. Was wondering if maybe I saw it from J-Novel Club.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Ch 24 was originally uploaded to ptscans' website on March 24. There's no new blog entry for today, no idea what's going on.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Maguoob posted:

Yeah, I don't know. It just popped up in my RSS reader today as new so they must have reuploaded it for some reason.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The commentators need to tell the prince to have a frank and honest talk with the villainess girl about her tendency to unintentionally push people away through inflammatory language. The prince will not always be around to deal with those situations, and it's cruel to allow her to continue to make these mistakes just because the prince thinks it's adorable :colbert:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Similar: https://mangadex.org/title/31485/vrmmo-de-summoner-hajimemashita

Dude picks summoner at VRMMO chargen, proceeds to hunt cute monsters and clothes. Full disclosure, I found it when I searched the crossdressing theme on a whim. But it's goddamn adorable and very wholesome. Although I have mild meta complaints about the game design and drop rates.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
I can't think of a single mmo/game comic that has good gameplay.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
One of my guilty pleasure Isekais is Manuke na FPS Player ga Isekai e Ochita Baai which is pretty typical, but doesn't have anything terrible like slaves (Yet, anyway). The game is a FPS with abilities like jetpacks and summoning vehicles, lots of different weapon types and special ammo etc. the kind of thing you'd see in a sci-fi battleground thing.

Though we don't see much of the game, because the protagonist falls out of bounds and into a fantasy world.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the interesting part of that is how guns were only overpowered against the lowest level monsters. now it is getting into ridiculously escalations in monster strength and his guns are increasingly ineffectual. the guy's a trash mob sweeper in a setting without rpg levels, as opposed to the usual nascent demigod. his power has a maximum cap that can never be increased.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the interesting part of that is how guns were only overpowered against the lowest level monsters. now it is getting into ridiculously escalations in monster strength and his guns are increasingly ineffectual. the guy's a trash mob sweeper in a setting without rpg levels, as opposed to the usual nascent demigod. his power has a maximum cap that can never be increased.

This isn't really true though. Every time a gun becomes ineffectual he just pays more money to buy a bigger gun. It's just that his 'power' directly require payment to use, but he can do things like summon tanks and according to spoilers I got robot not gundam suits.

He has limitations, but his power does increase exponentially as he gets more money and the series goes on

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

KittyEmpress posted:

This isn't really true though. Every time a gun becomes ineffectual he just pays more money to buy a bigger gun. It's just that his 'power' directly require payment to use, but he can do things like summon tanks and according to spoilers I got robot not gundam suits.

He has limitations, but his power does increase exponentially as he gets more money and the series goes on

he's already at the point where he can't just effortlessly solo. he's kind of a leech on that full fledged adventurer party.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The greatshield tank is a cutie with Big Tio Energy.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new gourmet chef isekai

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Konosuba crossover chapter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
The official translation of Ascendance of a Bookworm (Book 2, Vol 3) was just released today. Benno keeps showing up so I'm happy with it so far.