Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing

canepazzo posted:

"Everybody got their V's" the gently caress

He can only remember so many letters, so we get V's, P, and standing O's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Bellmaker posted:

Because our society is terminally capitalistic I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people just didn’t have friends outside work. How can you have time for friends outside when you’re working 60+ hours at two jobs

This doesn’t really apply to these astroturfing Chuds per se, I’m sure they’re just fine

This is a real thing, as well as a ton of people actually hate their spouses/kids and work a bunch of hours specifically to deal with their spouse as little as possible.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/stevekrak/status/1252264884533944321?s=21

The media played a big role in promoting the Tea Party poo poo and they are doing it again

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Herstory Begins Now posted:

a ton of people actually hate their spouses/kids and work a bunch of hours specifically to deal with their spouse as little as possible.

God, that's loving depressing.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FlamingLiberal posted:

The media played a big role in promoting the Tea Party poo poo and they are doing it again

true but these assholes are gonna be the new vectors and poo poo and the media isnt treating them like they have real grievances so thats good. right now cnn is making GBS threads on trumps dumb tweets.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Yahoo News/YouGov coronavirus poll: Most Americans reject anti-lockdown protests

quote:

As a result, a mere 13 percent of Americans think their own community will be ready to reopen by May 1, the date Trump has been pushing for weeks. Only 7 percent say the U.S. as a whole will be ready to reopen by then. Eighty-one percent of all adults (and 74 percent of Republicans) believe that the virus will be a “serious problem” for them and their community for two months or more, and three-quarters of Americans (77 percent) say the entire country will not be ready to reopen until at least June. Nearly half (48 percent) say the U.S. will not be ready to reopen until July 1 or later.

The reason, according to the poll, is that nearly 90 percent of Americans think a resurgence of coronavirus cases would be either “very” (51 percent) or “somewhat” likely (36 percent) if lockdown ended today. Overall, 79 percent continue to say that stay-at-home orders are “the only way to stop the spread of COVID-19”; only 21 percent say “the cure is worse than the disease.” Trump has tweeted about the lockdowns: “THE CURE CANNOT BE WORSE (by far) THAN THE PROBLEM!” In deciding when to reopen, far more Americans say the U.S. should pay attention to doctors and public health officials (56 percent) than to economists and business leaders (7 percent); 37 percent want both consulted equally. Health, not the economy, comes first.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 20, 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This is a real thing, as well as a ton of people actually hate their spouses/kids and work a bunch of hours specifically to deal with their spouse as little as possible.

I hope the people talking about drinking at 8am in order to handle being with their kids get the counseling they need shortly after loving themselves.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

So it seems that both Democrat and Republican voters are in agreement for the most part. It's just the far right complaining.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

I wonder how these people would answer if the question was formulated as "if everyone in your family/in your best friend's family got sick"? A plenty of people feel invincible because hey, we've all been ill at one point and it sucks but we got over it. I know I'm not too concerned of that, as dumb as it sounds. But I am far less confident about my loved ones and I definitely would want to protect them to an extend that I might not protect just myself if I existed in solitude.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Harrisbug crowd growing

https://mobile.twitter.com/miguelmarquez/status/1252262768591491072

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

there should be roits outside fox news NYC CNN's Georgia HQ(and their NYC one too).

e : loving christ its gonna be wild seeing a spike in case 5 to 14 days from now.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So glad that these people are going to get themselves infected and then infect other people who weren’t being dumb

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1252277556977508352?s=19

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

That's why Amazon is really pushing that black union leader with an angle of making him seem "uneducated" and "not well spoken" according to leaked boardroom meeting tapes.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

This is old-hat. Racism has been a major stumbling point that kept some unions from expanding because white union workers didn't want to be associated with ~them~.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Holy crap oil hit 4 bucks a barrel

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

this sounds like a really interesting data science project, shame about the pitch-black unremitting evil

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

LMAO this is probably not good

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1252279584432717826

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oil traded at $4.04/barrel.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Blindeye posted:

This is old-hat. Racism has been a major stumbling point that kept some unions from expanding because white union workers didn't want to be associated with ~them~.

and why the owner of the Washington Post has been caught trying to spin unionization as acting suspiciously like an ungrateful, uneducated negro who is not content with his place

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

We should start defining the cost of barrels by the worth of the oil it can fit.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
It's a good thing ol' Donnie made a deal last week with Russia and the Saudis to decrease production and prop up American oil/fracking companies with higher oil prices!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Charliegrs posted:

Holy crap oil hit 4 bucks a barrel

I'm just guessing that storage capacity is completely maxed out and that with overall demand continuing to be near zero there's literally no one trying to even speculatively buy oil nor anywhere to store it.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
you know that story of the cargo ship that dumped a bunch of ash in the ocean after circumnavigating the world twice trying to unload it

it's going to rule when someone picks out a place in the pacific to deliberately Deepwater Horizon in the name of preserving Number

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Anyone know how much gas gets refined from a barrel of oil? Because I remember when gas was 4 bucks a gallon.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

We should start defining the cost of barrels by the worth of the oil it can fit.

Waiting for an oil scarcity after Donkey Kong commits the barrel equivalent of 9/11.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/alexpABC27/status/1252269023389274112

https://mobile.twitter.com/LoganHullYD/status/1252280777611640834

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

I could buy a soda and a bag of chips or I could get a barrel of oil hmmm....

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Like most thing Trump touches, trying to prop up oil prices to "save the oil industry" turned it to poo poo.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Charliegrs posted:

Anyone know how much gas gets refined from a barrel of oil? Because I remember when gas was 4 bucks a gallon.

Technically it’d mean something crazy like gas at $.25/gal but there’s no way the cartel will let that happen. Product will begin disappearing en masse, or as other have said lots of oil spills and other ‘accidents’ to try and drop global supply very quickly.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Really curious to see how many protestors are sick in 2 weeks.

Also any protestor with a loving mask is a coward and a hypocrite.

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

Trump is going to win all 50 states and it’s all thanks to the DNC. Get ready for Reagan 84.

Serious question - if we're talking about the impact of ads, what's more devastating: Trump showing Biden talking about his leg hairs, or Biden showing Trump saying "We have this virus under control. It is now 15 cases, soon it will be 0"?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Koalas March posted:

Really curious to see how many protestors are sick in 2 weeks.

Also any protestor with a loving mask is a coward and a hypocrite.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

booseek posted:

Serious question - if we're talking about the impact of ads, what's more devastating: Trump showing Biden talking about his leg hairs, or Biden showing Trump saying "We have this virus under control. It is now 15 cases, soon it will be 0"?

If the Dems ran with the latter ad, and really committed to it, they would likely win. But they won't; Biden himself thinks it's "too harsh" to say that Trump "has blood on his hands" over COVID.

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

OhDearGodNo posted:

Technically it’d mean something crazy like gas at $.25/gal but there’s no way the cartel will let that happen. Product will begin disappearing en masse, or as other have said lots of oil spills and other ‘accidents’ to try and drop global supply very quickly.

Its important to note that this is the price for deliveries of oil in May. Price for June is still $22 per barrel.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I still don't know what statement this woman is trying to make.

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

Majorian posted:

If the Dems ran with the latter ad, and really committed to it, they would likely win. But they won't; Biden himself thinks it's "too harsh" to say that Trump "has blood on his hands" over COVID.

I can assure you that Democrats are going to attack Trump over the roni.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I'm just guessing that storage capacity is completely maxed out and that with overall demand continuing to be near zero there's literally no one trying to even speculatively buy oil nor anywhere to store it.

Yep! There is currently almost nowhere to store more oil, and what storage there is is now super expensive because it is so rare.

Also these contracts close today, so whoever has the contract now has to take delivery of whatever oil they bought a contract for. A bunch of commodities traders and exchange traded funds basically have to GTFO of the market by the end of today because they can't afford to take possession of the oil, but traders also see the volatility as a way to make money so it is a very expensive game of musical chairs at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Majorian posted:

Biden has spent weeks directly ripping Trumps awful response and actions regarding the virus on Twitter with tons of video ads and tons of interviews with the usual news channels.