Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Time to buy some oil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

But what about the billionaires? Why doesn’t anyone think of them in these times of crisis?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Time to buy some oil

Fill your bathtub.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

https://twitter.com/greenfield64/status/1252250288406196224?s=20

not exactly the number i'd like to bank my hopes on, but eh i'll take it

not surprised. alot of folks viewed clinton as the greater evil compared to trump for various reasons. guess we will see when the general full picks up.

jesus. like i could afford a couple barrels.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Time to buy some oil

I think I remember the last time oil plummeted some genius decided to hoard a bunch of cheap gas in containers in their garage. Naturally it all exploded.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

not surprised. alot of folks viewed clinton as the greater evil compared to trump for various reasons. guess we will see when the general full picks up.

Don’t forget to factor in the cost of the actual barrels!

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1252287652688203779?s=20

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
Wasn’t Trump saying “we’re going to refill the strategic reserve with cheap oil?” Like 3 weeks ago? President loving Deals, everyone.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/mannyNYT/status/1251564861257113602?s=19

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
fuckin bullshit that oil is ~5$ a barrel, yet god drat juice or broth is 16$ a gallon. (also those refrigerated organic probiotic acai berry juices in 1oz bottles have even crazier $ / gallon prices)

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

I didn't expect a reverse Mad Max apocalypse where roving bandits are trying to force people to take their oil

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i hate these folks so loving much. now i am going to have to worry about my folks(my mom still has to work) and myself even more. gently caress these selfish pricks.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Going to spend all my stimulus check on 1200 barrels of oil.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

https://twitter.com/greenfield64/status/1252250288406196224?s=20

not exactly the number i'd like to bank my hopes on, but eh i'll take it

Trump is just going to run Biden's dementia and rape allegations in his ads over and over until it sticks.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

It’s amazing how literally one propaganda news channel amongst the like 500+ available to Americans can just effortlessly destroy this 244-year-old country in mere years. It’s like a loving magic program made to make the elderly hate and kill, like some poo poo out of a Batman comic.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Dapper_Swindler posted:

you can probably afford thousands of barrels now

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1252295512486707200?s=20

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Uhhhhh

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Yeah, wtf. Am I going to be paid to fill up my tank now?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This is bad, right?

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think it was supposed to cost $2 trillion over a decade

2 trillion over a decade was the "tell the CBO they have to believe our lies about how much growth this will cause" number, basically a lie. In practice the CBO was projecting 1T+/year deficits for a decade and a cost of 4-5+T for that tax cut until the "temporary" tax changes for individuals wears off in 2028.. and that was before the economy imploded.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
But what does this mean for the price of Vaseline? :ohdear:

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

This has got to be something specific to West Texas Intermediate, right? Like, something happened that makes it so they won't be able to deliver on contracts, so said contracts are worthless. There's no way Crude is THAT worthless all of a sudden.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
We should probably have an oil/oil industry thread.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
Jesus, 1 cent, what?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Anyone want to buy a barrel? Sorry about the oil in it.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Hahaha, coworker of mine is giving a presentation on COVID's effect on crude prices this week. He said poo poo was going to get real regarding storage soon but he didnt exactly predict negative prices.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Fart Amplifier posted:

I didn't expect a reverse Mad Max apocalypse where roving bandits are trying to force people to take their oil

Now you know how everyone can have convoys of death cars but nobody has water.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

IPlayVideoGames posted:

Jesus, 1 cent, what?

The environmentalists have won, oil is worthless, good job everybody!

Dr. Derek
Jan 1, 2010

Faster than a dead horse falling through orbit

Aramis posted:

This has got to be something specific to East Texas Intermediate, right? Like, something happened that makes it so they won't be able to deliver on contracts, so said contracts are worthless. There's no way Crude is THAT worthless all of a sudden.

Apparently Saudi arabia had forced prices down by about 60$ in an attempt to pressure Russia and combined with the dramatic drop in demand for oil and gasoline, things just kinda cratered.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Someone tell me how to buy 100 barrels of oil

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

1 Cent a Barrel lol before today did any economists even think that was theoretically possible?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Don’t forget to factor in the cost of the actual barrels!

This is literally the problem. They don't know the effects of stopping production on wells under active fracking so they don't want to stop pumping but they're run out of barrels.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You can build a little house with the barrels :3:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
ART OF THE DEAL

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

48 Hour Boner posted:

He can only remember so many letters, so we get V's, P, and standing O's.

Invoke P!

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
Trump tripped and fell on the GAS PRICE DOWN lever and knocked it all the way, didnt he?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I bet the barrel itself is probably worth more than one penny. We'll make a killing!

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

I get the feeling now that work from home practices were being fought against by big oil because they want people to travel to work.

(even before covid my coworkers and I were fighting for the right to work from home, even not as a standard, and there was never any real reason why no, except that not everybody can work from home, so it's unfair. Says the boss who works from home every now and then)

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
-$1.43 atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
The demand for oil has dropped dramatically and the supply has remained the same so the prices have cratered?

So the economy is gone, yeah? Just another nail in the coffin?