Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

ManBoyChef posted:

the fact that these people have a say in anything that happens in this country is a glaring problem with the system we have here.

Actually the problem is that opposing voices are disenfranchised and kept from voting or having a say proportional to their representation, not that these people have a voice in our government (although gently caress these people and everything they do actively makes the world a worse place).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Yeah I don't think we'll have to wait long to see this. Keep in mind 14 days is the longest period before people typically show symptoms, most cases are like 3-5 or a bit more. I set our stopwatch in Austin once I saw the Alex Jones rally over the weekend. I bet by Wednesday-Friday we'll start seeing what that got us as far as new cases.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TulliusCicero posted:

They are also going to get the Stay at Home extended as new cases spike, so they can take that blame as well

Just a really well thought out and executed plan tbh

thats what i mean. i could see us maybe opening up more in june, but this poo poo will probably push poo poo back.

Mooseontheloose posted:

It is a starter pistol though. It's not intended to be some big movement but to get pissed off conservatives frothing at the mouth to be loud and get attention so that media types will have to both sides reopening.

sure maybe. i can see them trying to push this poo poo before 2022 if biden wins. but idk if they have the same number of support they were able 10 or so years ago. like we have seen 10 years of tea party poo poo including trump and they havent done poo poo positive. hell they couldnt even kill obamacare. i am sure they will become louder/grow but i feel like they may have a limit but gently caress it i know.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

haveblue posted:

... you can't fit 250 pounds of beans in your apartment

witness me

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Herstory Begins Now posted:

No, all the excess capacity has been used up by people who have been storing oil as it dropped previously, we're just hitting a point where wells that are hard to shut off are still making GBS threads out oil into a system that is literally full up.

Oil is expensive to refine so if there's no demand for refined products, no one will be refining poo poo

So is there any protocol for what happens in this scenario? Does it just get flared or something?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

not that I don't believe it but can we have a better source?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

TBF this is most of the people in Bismarck, from the looks of it

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ManBoyChef posted:

the fact that these people have a say in anything that happens in this country is a glaring problem with the system we have here.
we're supposed to be keeping our masks ON right now, my dude

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Jaxyon posted:

not that I don't believe it but can we have a better source?

https://www.kentucky.com/news/coronavirus/article242124556.html

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Stuntman posted:

we're supposed to be keeping our masks ON right now, my dude

Get the gently caress out of here with this concern trolling bullshit. These loving privileged lovely upper middle class cosplaying as hillbilly rear end white people have no place in a functional society and the world would be better off without them.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The Super-Id posted:

Actually the problem is that opposing voices are disenfranchised and kept from voting or having a say proportional to their representation, not that these people have a voice in our government (although gently caress these people and everything they do actively makes the world a worse place).

Yeah, those monstrously selfish idiots have an outsized say in things that go on in our government by design.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

https://twitter.com/wsbtv/status/1252330178489040897?s=21

Nice knowing ya, Georgia.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Amazing post/username combo. loving gyms???

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

:rip:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Gyms in particular is an awful, awful idea. Even down here in FL the governor isn't talking about doing any of that stuff yet.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Feldegast42 posted:

Wonder why these dozens of protesters are front page news across the country while the Iraq War and ICE protests weren't covered at all. Oh well.

Yeah I was just thinking about this. Occupy had a lot more people in a lot more cities and they didn't really cover them other than some independent media like TYT. Our media sucks anymore. Fourth estate my rear end.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I'm not eating out at a restaurant until I get my Covid shot in 2021, huh

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

The chud states are beginning to reopen so it looks like the protests are actually really successful, who would have thought it

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Feldegast42 posted:

The chud states are beginning to reopen so it looks like the protests are actually really successful, who would have thought it

At best the protests are providing some cover for states that were already determined to open ASAP.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

I love how they have the soldier in uniform holding a sign instead of, you know, putting the sign on a stand or something.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Tibalt posted:

you and like 70% of the country

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

punk rebel ecks posted:

I love how they have the soldier in uniform holding a sign instead of, you know, putting the sign on a stand or something.

Gotta get those EPR bullets somewhere.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Tibalt posted:

This is a very good idea. Most restaurants do not offer paid time off and the pay is so lousy that when a cook gets sick they more often than not go in to work because they cannot afford not to. I guarantee that you have people that have coronavirus making your mcflurry right now.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The laboratories of democracy become the laboratories of epidemiology.

TheRealMcFoy
Aug 5, 2017
https://twitter.com/natalie_allison/status/1252329332216905728?s=20

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i am harry posted:

Anyone with a hand tattoo and no tattoos on their arms should have their hands cut off, inshallah.

The only ink I have is my wedding ring. Does that count? :(

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
laboratories of democracy

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Georgia and Florida are just so hosed. How bad will it get before they lock down again?

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Fritz the Horse posted:

lavatories of democracy

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm pretty sure gyms and salons are the last places that should start opening up? Like even when you start reopening the economy, these things are last in line.

Also hasn't the shelter in place order only been around for like 2 goddamn weeks in Georgia?

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Georgia and Florida are just so hosed. How bad will it get before they lock down again?

There's probably good odds that they won't lock down again, instead those who can will limit themselves, and those who can't or won't will are going to get sick. Since this poo poo is what Trump wants I assume you'll see major federal help flowing in to those who take one for the team like this.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/octavio_ferraz/status/1252008513678778368

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/ubbenmd/status/1252291872531402758

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
I'm sure the governor who didn't know that asymptomatic people could be contagious like a week ago has a good handle on this.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Fritz the Horse posted:

petrie dishes of democracy

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Who's the military supposed to coup? Last I checked, he was in charge.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

Who's the military supposed to coup? Last I checked, he was in charge.

and he appears to agree the generals would do a better job

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/virginiahughes/status/1252338995008163841

https://twitter.com/Carrasquillo/status/1252341877212233730

jesus loving christ

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

FlamingLiberal posted:

Gyms in particular is an awful, awful idea. Even down here in FL the governor isn't talking about doing any of that stuff yet.

The GOP states really trying to one-up each other in the "how fast can I gently caress up my state with this" contest

Would be nice if the GOP Governor brain trust would use their 3 collective brain cells to make effective good plans, but :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Pervis posted:

There's probably good odds that they won't lock down again, instead those who can will limit themselves, and those who can't or won't will are going to get sick. Since this poo poo is what Trump wants I assume you'll see major federal help flowing in to those who take one for the team like this.
If compliance with social distancing guidelines fall below 70% they don't flatten the curve nearly enough to prevent GA's hospitals from collapsing under the wave of ICU cases, and the feds won't be able to fix it.