Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Bwahahaha Jeff has never given a gently caress, it's amazing.

As for Botchamania, from digging around their terms, it looks like Vimeo is saying he's in the 99th percentile of bandwidth use? Which doesn't seem possible with the numbers he shared and how his traffic is spread out over different platforms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Apparently Alvarez criticized the commentary on the Gargano/Ciampa empty arena match when it didn’t have any? “it’s hard to listen to Mauro at 100 for 55 minutes.”. What’s with that.

I’ve felt like Bryan is a grifter for a while, and only shits on WWE for youtube clicks or whatever, which is fine but people also take him seriously as a news source, not that they should but they do. The co host did correct him (not Dave, some other guy) but I just thought it was a super weird moment to criticize something that didn’t happen.

That empty arena match sucked also, I mean they all kind of do in my opinion.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
You're not even trying anymore

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i heard he hasn't watched any wwe since 2018 and just hangs around message boards picking up 'the vibe' and commenting on it based on that.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’ve felt like Bryan is a grifter for a while

Well yea, he's a twitch thot now.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the term is worker and yes duh he's been one for like 25 years

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Apparently Alvarez criticized the commentary on the Gargano/Ciampa empty arena match when it didn’t have any? “it’s hard to listen to Mauro at 100 for 55 minutes.”. What’s with that.

I’ve felt like Bryan is a grifter for a while, and only shits on WWE for youtube clicks or whatever, which is fine but people also take him seriously as a news source, not that they should but they do. The co host did correct him (not Dave, some other guy) but I just thought it was a super weird moment to criticize something that didn’t happen.

Link? Which show was it on?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
This is what we had to give up songs for:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Incessant Excess posted:

Well yea, he's a twitch thot now.

I was gonna say if he was a Twitch thot he could at least show some skin then remembered the tank top he was rocking last week.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Link? Which show was it on?

Wrestling Observer Live I think, I only saw the clip not the whole show. But whichever one they do video of. Also the co host called him on it but it was super weird to me because for all his kind of worky getting riled up he usually doesn't just say things that aren't true.

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 20, 2020

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Eat My Fuc posted:

Wrestling Observer Live I think, I only saw the clip not the whole show. But whichever one they do video of. Also the co host called him on it but it was super weird to me because for all his kind of worky getting riled up he usually doesn't just say things that aren't true.

Could he have watched another Gargano Chiampa match on accident?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvmUBEhKRlw&t=123s

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

welcome back :mrgw:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

yea ok posted:

welcome back :mrgw:

Just gonna empty quote this every seven days

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Thank you I was trying to find it and getting frustrated

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
THE STOMP COLLECTION!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1252331092931215361

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

hahahahaha that clip rules. bryan is so funny

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

lol yeah, dude's burnt out and obviously playing the hits. Complaining about Mauro's energy is probably just an instinct for him. Clip's dumb with him saying JR was good because while JR has been good in the past he was awful at announcing a empty arena match by himself for AEW in 2020.

I think it's disingenuous to say he only shits on it for clicks because that would imply he actually enjoys the product or something and he really doesn't. It is however obvious that he only pays attention to it and reviews it for the clicks. But like, that's his job and what people want. The shows would be better if they stopped being WWE focused but they'd also lose a decent portion of the audience. A lot of people just want to watch a show they don't like and then listen to a man who hates the show talk about how awful he is.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Bryan praises something in a WWE show, sometimes more than one thing, every single week. In fact I think he and Dave are sometimes too kind to the WWE product.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

Alvarez acknowledged this on his own show which he executive produces as a kind of trick. You see

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Seams posted:

Bryan praises something in a WWE show, sometimes more than one thing, every single week. In fact I think he and Dave are sometimes too kind to the WWE product.

I stopped subscribing recently but I always found that to be true as well. Like RAW would be totally rancid for three hours and then Dave would describe it as "a good show overall".

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Were there really seven commercials breaks in a single match?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Were there really seven commercials breaks in a single match?

It was less than that, but that part I felt he was just being hyperbolic for effect which isn't weird to me.

Maybe Alvarez is losing his mind in quarantine and starting to hear Mauro in his head.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Maybe he misremembered because it was like two weeks ago and that's like three years in quarantine time

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Some real gems in the granny segment this week.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The part that makes it great is that none of it is out of the realm of possibility

A 55 minute match with seven commercial breaks? I believe WWE would do that given the chance

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

i heard he hasn't watched any wwe since 2018 and just hangs around message boards picking up 'the vibe' and commenting on it based on that.

I'm Bryan Alvarez?

Mr. Carlisle posted:

A 55 minute match with seven commercial breaks? I believe WWE would do that given the chance

seven breaks in a hour sounds like a WWE TV move.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Eat My Fuc posted:

Eh, he's heard enough that even the idea of Mauro alone on commentary for an hour worked for his idea that JR was better at bringing the appropriate energy.

But yes Bryan is often wrong, but brings enough entertainment that I'm fine with it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

duckdealer posted:

I stopped subscribing recently but I always found that to be true as well. Like RAW would be totally rancid for three hours and then Dave would describe it as "a good show overall".

And that’s just Raw and Smackdown. Bryan and Vinny consistently praise most of NXT even if there’s some stuff on there they dislike. Both really liked the Gargano/Ciampa match for example even when most people here disliked it.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Karmine posted:

Some real gems in the granny segment this week.

Your new world champion! Elbow to the side of the head!

And if you want to complain about Bryan not remembering things, check out at 55 minutes where he talks about bobbing for apples and forgets earlier in the show where they clarified it is bobbing for pumpkins in chocolate syrup. Like he says "in tar or something" and Vinny has to remind him it's chocolates syrup, as they discussed 20 minutes ago.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

When people invoke my name, and only my name, to make a point, it's almost always in service of being annoyed that I'm talking about racism, sexism, ableism, or queerphobia.

I had a point, but I can't remember what it was.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they do mine to talk about lying even though that's coco no no and i haven't really lied about anything in particular. maybe obvious jokes that are sarcasm or something. Well we've got to roll with the paunches. standing up for the right thing might annoy people but if someone gets annoyed 100 times their bones all fuse together so too bad for them.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

You’re never gonna know the truth so might as well pick your fav and go for it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I didn't know you were going to read that post. it wasn't me who posted it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cavauro posted:

I didn't know you were going to read that post. it wasn't me who posted it

It’s cool I know I say weird stuff. I hope people find it fun but I know I go overboard. Whoopsies. Trying to be better.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wish i could do beautiful stories like that. most likely true or slightly embellished to make for more comfortable and comforting reading. this message posted by cavauro

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/unionthotpod/status/1252258287694811141
Good interview with David Starr

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Oh god. The Schadenfreude guys (Brookes, Davis, Fletcher and Lykos) have started a podcast:

https://twitter.com/SCHADENGRAPS/status/1252507473677705216?s=19

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

First 30 seconds of WOR is just an exhausted Dave insisting that April MUST be over by now :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dave is sad because he can't lift weights.