Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Sorry I haven’t been all that active today. This weekend was super busy for me. I will have more time tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!

Bifauxnen posted:

ICR how do you feel about the current three lunches. Do you think this is a scummy group or a townie group

I feel townier about him than you. Your current attempts to lead town by the nose aren't helping.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Do. Not. Do. This.

like, come on now

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

merk posted:

If it’s four town, everyone has to deal with a confirmed town me for the rest of the game. Be cognizant of that risk.

LOL

This post is literally written from a scum POV. Like who is "everyone" that faces "risk" if Merk is confirmed town?

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

LOL

This post is literally written from a scum POV. Like who is "everyone" that faces "risk" if Merk is confirmed town?

Confirmed town can be an extra pushy assailed and get away with it

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I just want to say it one more time to be safe - Merk is being blatant enough that he feels like a Godfather trying to bait an investigation.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

im phone posting and got autocorrected.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

I just want to say it one more time to be safe - Merk is being blatant enough that he feels like a Godfather trying to bait an investigation.

I don't think a godfather would be very fair in this setup. Like how would you even deal with that?

I do still think scum must have something to mess with this, but it wouldn't be universal/for the whole game. That would make our job impossible.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Murmur Twin posted:

LOL

Good lord turn your joke meter up from 0 please.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

I don't think a godfather would be very fair in this setup. Like how would you even deal with that?

I do still think scum must have something to mess with this, but it wouldn't be universal/for the whole game. That would make our job impossible.

Therencoukd still be actual night investigations that a godfather could counter but they'd still be revealed when hung

But yeah I presume mmt meant from the day kill which I agree, that better not exist

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Therencoukd still be actual night investigations that a godfather could counter but they'd still be revealed when hung

But yeah I presume mmt meant from the day kill which I agree, that better not exist

Right yeah, I assumed she meant for the flips, not a traditional GF. If one of the scum never actually flips as scum, that would be total bs. Would take a crazy amount of luck to win at that point.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Maybe a one-shot GF for flips?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm talking in absolutes because one more vote could be cast any time to mess this all up and I absolutely do not want that to happen.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

But if this really is a scummy group for y'all, and you really are "oh nooo maybe Bif is being too pushy maybe she isn't super blindingly obvious effort town" and buying this poo poo then put me up as the scum instead ffs

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

merk posted:

Good lord turn your joke meter up from 0 please.

It's hard to tell sometimes.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Haha this is another case where I think stuff was clearer in my head than I presented it.

Since I don't think scum has NKs, I feel like they have to have something to balance that. I feel like they probably have abilities that misdirect information. Like I could imagine a cop in a setup with a framer + godfather + bus-driver + redirect, which is why I brought it up.

There's a strong chance I'm wrong, but that's why I said it.

(also Merk has tricked me before as a godfather)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

But devil's advocate, I agree with her concern about resetting your priors so that you are focused in the right direction. :) Now that you've said you wouldn't be sure if it was Somber or Merk in a 1 vote situation, it is definitely more nebulous.

This is exactly what I'm worried about btw

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I feel pretty townie about the people we've already executed and that means there's a high likelihood of 4 scum being in this vote. I know I'm town and I'm pretty sure bif is too which means a high likelihood of scum manipulating the vote to get merk executed. If you are town and voting merk, really think about who your fellow voters are right now and whether this is worth it. I understand why voting for 4 people might make sense from a setup perspective but scum have way higher negotiating ability 4v6 than they do 4v9 (if the 3 we voted out were town, which of course is not guaranteed but that's what's making my radar go off like crazy right now)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

This is exactly what I'm worried about btw

Yeah, I'm not going to hammer.

Really wish we had done this differently, but that ship has sailed.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I think I'm feeling even more certain about ICR as scum now over merk. ICR's play all day has either been holding back with no reads, or just throwing shade and casting doubt now. It strongly reads like he's more worried about scum having wiggle room than about taking the best actions.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

That is not an endorsment of merk as town btw, he's still scum but ICR is just even scummier

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Bifauxnen posted:

I think I'm feeling even more certain about ICR as scum now over merk. ICR's play all day has either been holding back with no reads, or just throwing shade and casting doubt now. It strongly reads like he's more worried about scum having wiggle room than about taking the best actions.

Totally agreed. ICR being on that vote only makes it certain to me that it's not a good move for town.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah, still no clue who he thinks is scum.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Murmur Twin posted:

Haha this is another case where I think stuff was clearer in my head than I presented it.

Since I don't think scum has NKs, I feel like they have to have something to balance that. I feel like they probably have abilities that misdirect information. Like I could imagine a cop in a setup with a framer + godfather + bus-driver + redirect, which is why I brought it up.

There's a strong chance I'm wrong, but that's why I said it.

(also Merk has tricked me before as a godfather)

If this game has a godfather or a framer with this particular setup, then it is a bastard game and I don't want to play around that premise so I'm assuming it doesn't.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Finally people are coming around on ICR

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

If it's not gonna be Merk I would settle for ICR.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

i'm so confused by you

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Wait poo poo when is/was deadline? I think I lost track of time there :350:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

That spoils the whole point of having a chance to clear people on this list that could be town

Yes yes yes I know you don't agree that's why we need the chance to prove it

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

oh poo poo, it's now

dad's coming everyone be quiet

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

i'm so confused by you

You get used to it after awhile

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:beerpal: Final Votecount for Day 4 :beerpal:

merk (5): Mr. Steak, merk, merk, Murmur Twin, merk, Iron Chef Ramen, Captain Foo
Bifauxnen (3): Bifauxnen, George Kansas, Hal Incandenza, merk, merk
Hal Incandenza (0): merk, merk, merk, merk

Not Voting (2): King Burgundy, SirSamVimes :rubshands:

With 10 people still alive, it took 6 votes to execute.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Shoot got distracted playing games, I'm fine with 3 anyway so whatevs

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The final noose goes unfilled, as you all hesitantly wait to see what happens next. Indeed, once again...

things

get

downright

strange.

Blue flames leap up all around the gallows, encircling it in a ring of towering fire and sending onlookers scattering back into the shadows. Above the filled noose, more flames trace out lettering that sears itself into your vision.

:cheers: Grandicap, aka Dewey Ritter, has been executed! :cheers:

:cheers: Moatillata, aka Emilie Irving, has been executed! :cheers:

:cheers: Somberbrero, aka Ronald Ayton, has been executed! :cheers:

Three nooses swing full on the gallows, limned in cold blue fire while one remains empty still. As you contemplate your handiwork, dry laughter surrounds you as your captor returns to deliver his verdict. You remember more of him now - a victim of the paranoia that gripped Eureka as murderers struck again and again. He was just a visiting medicine man in town to trade for this and that - but he was different, and paid the ultimate price for that simple and terrible reason... and yet Shine gave him one last laugh. As Hanc’ibyjim raises one hand to call forth the four massive unlit candles on the horizon, surrounding you all once more, you can't help but wonder - is he delivering justice upon the murderers that brought Eureka to its knees...

...or is this simply twisted vengeance on the ones who hanged him in the first place?

The thought fades as your eyes are inexorably drawn to the horizon, waiting to see if today's verdict will be any different than the last one...

Once again, all the crackling flames wink out, leaving you in an endless void - your only companion is a dead man's glittering smile... but it is a mean grin, this time.

"Yet again, you kill only the unstained... another failure, though perhaps a step forward? But beware - the more innocent deaths at your hands, the more that the murderers among you will surely be emboldened. And if four innocents swing on the noose in a single day, the consequences will be dire indeed. The ancestors care not who pays the ultimate price in the end... but they have waited a very long time already, and their patience is not infinite. Nor is mine, as someone who has experienced your bloodthirst firsthand."

His laughter echoes into the void, surrounding you all as time begins to unmoor itself around you once again.

"The longest day will end soon enough."

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Time flows backward, yet again - wait. Again? How many times have you done this - repeated this same day? But this feels different than before, somehow.

This time, you still remember.

A gnarled hand points at you, swinging slightly in the breeze. A cryptic declaration echoes with finality, followed by a whispery laugh and the telltale rattle of death.

Why can't you remember more?
"Four more chances. Squander them at your peril."

Four freshly-made graves, all filled. You must have dug them... but who do they hold? Names come to mind, occupations and loyalties even - but not much more.

How did you get to this point?

You made the wrong choices - over and over again. Will you continue down the same path?

Still weighed down by its swaying burden, the hastily-built scaffold is left behind. In its place, a new one awaits. Four nooses dangle freely, ready for use with the next day's dawning.

Fill them with the four murderers you seek, and maybe this all ends at long last. But can you bear the burden this demands?

What happens next?

That's up to you.

:cheers: The game has begun once again. If you died, you are alive once more. If you used Shine, it has returned to you. But you still remember... and perhaps you have a chance. :cheers:

:cheers: Night 3 starts now. You have until 4 PM EDT, Monday 20-APR [~19 hours] for night actions. Please put your night action in your confessional in bold without ambiguity or let me know if you are specifically not taking an action. :cheers:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

:cheers: No one died on Night 3. :cheers:

The sun rises at last, flooding Eureka with its harsh glare as people tumble from their rough beds to face the new day - and the thankless worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr only companion is a dead man's glittering smile - split in a laugh that curdles your insides.

"Another attempt wasted with no murderers to show for it, and another step closer to your final judgment. Will you be found wanting, like you were today? The blood on your hands tells the tale..."

His laughter echoes into the void, surrounding you all as time begins to unmoor itself around you once again.

"The longest day will end soon enough."

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Time flows backward, yet again - but weren't you just here?

Nevertheless, you still remember.

A gnarled hand points at you, swinging slightly in the breeze. A cryptic declaration echoes with finality, followed by a whispery laugh and the telltale rattle of death.

"Three chances, now. Will it be enough, I wonder?"

Four freshly-made graves, all filled. You must have dug them... but who do they hold? Names come to mind, occupations and loyalties even - but not much more.

You made the wrong choices - over and over again. And sometimes, those choices are out of your hands altogether... but the clock doesn't stop ticking.

Still weighed down by its swaying burden, the hastily-built scaffold is left behind. In its place, a new one awaits. Four nooses dangle freely, ready for use with the next day's dawning.

Fill them with the four murderers you seek, and maybe this all ends at long last. Even if you just lost some of your valuable time... what other option is there to press onward?

What happens next?

That's up to you.

:cheers: It is now Loop 4. :cheers:

:cheers: Day 4 starts now. Deadline is 12 PM EDT, Tuesday 21-APR. [~18 hours] :cheers:

:siren: The execution method is LIMITED LIGHTS OUT. You may execute up to four times today, with the deadline extended by 12/12/8 hours with each of the first three executions respectively - thus, if you execute four times the total day length will be up to 50 hours. Results of the execution(s) will be available at day's end. A majority ##vote no execute will end the day early. If you are executed, stop posting immediately - no exceptions.

As a reminder, this is an experimental game and your forbearance is appreciated. Anything you can think of may be relevant to someone, so claim with care!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 4 :beerpal:

Not Voting (13): Bifauxnen, Captain Foo, George Kansas, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Iron Chef Ramen, King Burgundy, merk, Moatillata, Mr. Steak, Murmur Twin, SirSamVimes, Somberbrero :rubshands:

With 13 people still alive, it takes 7 votes to execute.
The current deadline is April 21st, 2020 at noon EDT -- that's in about 18 hours.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ha, nice, I am glad we didn't put up a 4th town person, sounds like that may actually have been bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hello I made this for you all

https://youtu.be/u5WfGgIksJM