Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
We do have a Star Wars thread and a whole Star Wars subforum so if you want to do this please do it somewhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

How Wonderful! posted:

We do have a Star Wars thread and a whole Star Wars subforum so if you want to do this please do it somewhere else.

Roth's corner of SA is a terrible place.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I SAID WHAT I SAID

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

*dials up archyduchess*

"Take the shot"

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Rhyno posted:

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

:downsrim:

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Roth posted:

*dials up archyduchess*

"Take the shot"

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

BrianWilly posted:

t's like having R.A. Salvatore write the first book of a series, and then for some reason George RR Martin is allowed to do whatever he wants in the second book, and then handing it back to Salvatore because [train rolls by, drowning out all sound]

Salvatore did write the first novel of a Star Wars thing and then not the rest of them. It was called Vector Prime. It sucked.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

theironjef posted:

Salvatore did write the first novel of a Star Wars thing and then not the rest of them. It was called Vector Prime. It sucked.

Did you guys ever end up liking any of the post Vector Prime stuff?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

We didn't keeping going with the Yuuzhan Vong crisis so I think the only thing we've read that's set after is Crucible, which is okay but has hilariously dumb villains.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Dawgstar posted:

I mean the last wraith squadron book was great

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/timprice17/status/1251641417082048522

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I'm currently watching the Penguin runs for mayor episodes of Batman 66 and holy poo poo this political satire is painfully relevant

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I'm currently watching the Penguin runs for mayor episodes of Batman 66 and holy poo poo this political satire is painfully relevant

I didn't know Batman Returns stole a plot from the 66 show.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Madkal posted:

The Burton films were just the 66 show but with darker colors and some mild violence.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Madkal posted:

Why not, Nolan stole his ending from the '66 movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIPZROBiNik

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Madkal posted:

Honestly, it seems like just about every iteration of the Penguin runs for mayor at some point.
It may be a universal constant.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

On Gotham they had him win and he got to be mayor for a while. He ended up doing a thing where he made crime legal (as long as you paid him.) Criminals got crime licenses and the cops weren't allowed to arrest anyone with one.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

On Gotham they had him win and he got to be mayor for a while. He ended up doing a thing where he made crime legal (as long as you paid him.) Criminals got crime licenses and the cops weren't allowed to arrest anyone with one.

Sounds very gritty and realistic.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gotham stopped trying to be realistic partway through the first season. It was a show where pre-Grundy Cyrus Gold blows up Azrael (who was also mayor of Gotham) with a rocket launcher. Also Hugo Strange had a running gimmick where he was constantly stealing corpses and bringing them back to life.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

That show was immensely loyal to actors that didn't quit. Minor characters became major just by sticking around. Jim Gordon's ex had so many different plotlines' and the woman playing Azrael's evil sister stuck around so long after the Azrael Arc it was crazy.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Gotham started getting incredible with the Balloon Man episode, in which Jim Gordon and Bullock stare helplessly, guns drawn, as the Balloon Man very slowly floats away, and never really slows down. I'm a Broadway fan so Michael Cerveris as Professor Pyg was incredible, and Anthony Carrigan's career-defining NoHo Hank on Barry is presaged in the funniest possible way in his recurring role as Zsasz. And yeah, Robin Taylor rules so loving much as the Penguin. Gotham is often this close to being incomprehensible but I always looked forward to it more than any other show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So, obviously it is on hold for right now but Neil Gaiman has said that production has advanced pretty far on the Netflix Sandman series. Scripts are done, directors are hired and they had started casting.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

So, obviously it is on hold for right now but Neil Gaiman has said that production has advanced pretty far on the Netflix Sandman series. Scripts are done, directors are hired and they had started casting.

I can't wait to see Sandman solve crimes in Seattle.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

"Now that we have caught the eyeball killer it looks like Seattle can sleep well tonight"

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/TheCW_Legends/status/1252403552430911488

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oh, so he's a Discworld fan?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

Crime procedurals are yesterday's news, the new generic show formula is teen/young adult dramas.

Sandman's gonna be all about Rose and her artist housemates and LGBTQ acquaintances wait that's actually gonna go over really well.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

My Lovely Horse posted:

Crime procedurals are yesterday's news, the new generic show formula is teen/young adult dramas.

Sandman's gonna be all about Rose and her artist housemates and LGBTQ acquaintances wait that's actually gonna go over really well.

So the comic?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Sounds very gritty and realistic.

Trying too hard to be be gritty might be a fair complaint for Gotham, but you should cut the tongue out of your mouth before you ever accuse that show of trying to be realistic.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

My Lovely Horse posted:

bobkatt013 posted:

So the comic?

Yeah that's pretty much The Doll's House and I'd be totally cool with it, it's my favorite arc along with Seasons of the Mist.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/Snoodit/status/1252590410175823874

tbh, I didn't even know these two had overall deals. probably has at least as much to do with the deals predating the Feige takeover as it does with COVID-19

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
looks like one guy did the punisher, which, its done and gone anyways, and the other was doing helstrom son of satan which i dunno why that was ever a thing in the first place but it sounds like its already wrapped on on-set production so theyre gonna finish that one eventually and poop it out on hulu or whatever

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

looks like one guy did the punisher, which, its done and gone anyways, and the other was doing helstrom son of satan which i dunno why that was ever a thing in the first place but it sounds like its already wrapped on on-set production so theyre gonna finish that one eventually and poop it out on hulu or whatever

You dont think Damon Helstrom: Son of Satan would be a good fit for Disney+?

I literally forgot they were doing that and had no idea it had even started shooting, let alone wrapped.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Trying too hard to be be gritty might be a fair complaint for Gotham, but you should cut the tongue out of your mouth before you ever accuse that show of trying to be realistic.

I'm just making fun of its marketing.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

You dont think Damon Helstrom: Son of Satan would be a good fit for Disney+?

lol

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Helstrom is a Hulu show and was always a Hulu show.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

It was one of the two survivors of a Hulu set of four shows that were supposed to do a series merge like the Defenders, right? Everything else was already canceled or nearly cancelled?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I am watching all of the CW shows now. Arrow takes a real nosedive in season 4 and flash season 2 can be rocky. Supergirl is really fun and good.

I hate Damian darhk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Mr Hootington posted:

I hate Damian darhk

Spoken clearly by someone who doesn't watch Legends of Tomorrow.