Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Remember those fun day (singular) he was Presidential?

tbf I think it was 3 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

tbf I think it was 3 minutes.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

sit on my Facebook posted:

Is it even excessively conspiratorial at this point to imagine they're actually trying to make it worse so they can institute more draconian "Emergency Measures"? I mean, it is, but... is it?!

They'll find some way to enact strict guidelines under whatever guise they want, this is because some business person says you need to get people to work or you will be blamed for this/make stocks go up.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mooseontheloose posted:

They'll find some way to enact strict guidelines under whatever guise they want, this is because some business person says you need to get people to work or you will be blamed for this/make stocks go up.

All of the CEOs and Business Executives that Trump got on the phone the other day in his marathon call session told him to stop talking about reopening the country until testing was massively expanded everywhere. They aren’t pushing this. They know reopening won’t save the economy and will gently caress everything up worse.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Opening up some chunk of business kinda fucks up unemployment as well doesn't it?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Abner Assington posted:

Just need to get a highly skilled driver in a Trans Am to distract the law, y'know?

(WHAT THE FUUUUCCKKKK)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

cr0y posted:

Opening up some chunk of business kinda fucks up unemployment as well doesn't it?

That’s the big question. If your state opens and your work asks you to come in but you don’t feel safe, are you considered having quit or fired, and would that impact UI?

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
What's gonna gently caress up unemployment is when these dipshit businesses reopen and realize that it's actually more expensive to be open with no revenue than it is to just stay shut down with no revenue

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The counter protests would be 10 times larger if the people who would go weren’t lawfully obeying the regulations that are keeping people alive.

The counter protests are a million times larger, you just can't see them because the counter-protestors are smaller than a micron.

:crnasickos:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

All of the CEOs and Business Executives that Trump got on the phone the other day in his marathon call session told him to stop talking about reopening the country until testing was massively expanded everywhere. They aren’t pushing this. They know reopening won’t save the economy and will gently caress everything up worse.

I know on the national level that is true (to an extent) but on a local level, you don't think Kemp has some local big box owners trying to push him to open?

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I am fairly certain Mike Bloomberg did not intend to spend a billion dollars to nearly make Sanders the nominee or to get personally ripped apart by Elizabeth Warren on national television.

Bloomberg has a net worth of $55 billion at last count. A billion dollars is pocket change. Yeah he got clowned on TV but he also built out a nice electoral infrastructure that he can un-mothball at any time and cultivated an entire roster of endorsees (many of them Black and minority) who will go running to him as they pursue their political aspirations. Just because he's not running for office doesn't mean he's not still making moves offstage to entrench his influence within the Democratic Party.

At this point no matter who wins his interests are protected. Laugh it up all you want, Bloomberg is going to die immensely rich and comfortable while the rest of us try to survive as the bottom falls out of every system that used to support poor, working, and middle class people in this country.

And if the postmortem reports are credible at all, Sanders was dead in the water the minute he refused to go after Biden in any of the debates. The fix was already in and just waiting for Super Tuesday to go off.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

sit on my Facebook posted:

Is it even excessively conspiratorial at this point to imagine they're actually trying to make it worse so they can institute more draconian "Emergency Measures"? I mean, it is, but... is it?!

No, they're just goddamn idiots.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

What's the best state-by-state stats website? So we can check out Georgia in 2 weeks.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If all that stuff is essential, what the gently caress isn't essential?

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

I am not immune to propaganda

Pick posted:

If all that stuff is essential, what the gently caress isn't essential?

Your life.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Mooseontheloose posted:

I know on the national level that is true (to an extent) but on a local level, you don't think Kemp has some local big box owners trying to push him to open?

I saw an article the other day that suggested that one of the groups that most desperately needs things to "open up" is private equity. They've basically spent the last few decades upping the stakes via buyouts to the point that their gambles already don't make any sense when revenue flows are normal but depended on finding a bagholder for various bits around at ever increasing prices. Now revenue is gone and deals aren't happening and they are going to be very rapidly screwed.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Well no, that depends. How much money do you have?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Georgia precautions are not really enforceable and basic poo poo you should be doing anyway like cleaning and washing hands

https://twitter.com/JonShirek/status/1252333887390433283?s=20

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

I saw an article the other day that suggested that one of the groups that most desperately needs things to "open up" is private equity. They've basically spent the last few decades upping the stakes via buyouts to the point that their gambles already don't make any sense when revenue flows are normal but depended on finding a bagholder for various bits around at ever increasing prices. Now revenue is gone and deals aren't happening and they are going to be very rapidly screwed.

I mean, yah its obvious Trump wants to reopen to make number go up for his wall street people and Kemp I think is in a similar situation.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Is kemp just trying to kill city people?

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Uncle Wemus posted:

Is kemp just trying to kill city people?

Yes, but he probably uses a different word for them.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Guze posted:

Georgia precautions are not really enforceable and basic poo poo you should be doing anyway like cleaning and washing hands

So with literally every business he suggested it’s drat near impossible to do. Good job!

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

OhDearGodNo posted:

That’s the big question. If your state opens and your work asks you to come in but you don’t feel safe, are you considered having quit or fired, and would that impact UI?

Quit, and because it's Georgia, probably! You need a compelling reason to have quit if you want UI, and a sensible state will consider unsafe working conditions due to COVID-19 to be a compelling reason, but why would you be optimistic about that?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Guze posted:

drat, my company has been using stricter guidelines since the end of February.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Mat Cauthon posted:

Bloomberg has a net worth of $55 billion at last count. A billion dollars is pocket change. Yeah he got clowned on TV but he also built out a nice electoral infrastructure that he can un-mothball at any time and cultivated an entire roster of endorsees (many of them Black and minority) who will go running to him as they pursue their political aspirations. Just because he's not running for office doesn't mean he's not still making moves offstage to entrench his influence within the Democratic Party.

At this point no matter who wins his interests are protected. Laugh it up all you want, Bloomberg is going to die immensely rich and comfortable while the rest of us try to survive as the bottom falls out of every system that used to support poor, working, and middle class people in this country.

And if the postmortem reports are credible at all, Sanders was dead in the water the minute he refused to go after Biden in any of the debates. The fix was already in and just waiting for Super Tuesday to go off.

Even to Bloomberg that money isn't nothing, it was a huge chunk of cash that he got nothing out of. And he really did get nothing—his campaign didn't solicit donations (So no donor lists) and he only got his campaign staff by paying them triple of what anyone else was. That isn't a sustainable campaign for anyone who isn't one of the ten richest people on earth, and even for Bloomberg it's difficult to believe he could have sustained that rate of spending through the general election, even with party help. And while, yes, he's influential within the Democratic Party, he already has been for some time. All the presidential run did was waste a ton of his own money and damage his personal reputation. (Also, he's 78—he ain't running again).

As to Sanders, I don't think going after Biden directly would have done him any favors. It may have damaged Biden himself, but voters discouraged from Biden wouldn't have automatically gone towards Sanders, and if anything may have been pushed away from him. Primaries are tricky like that.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
:rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1252372489507766275

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
President Titbaby has a butthurt

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
"I don't know about rallies".

Of all the dumb obvious loving lies...

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
Really tired of how often these reporters elicit the "I banned China travel in January!" repeat loop reaction from Trump, which of course gets no real challenge when he goes into it. "I had the China ban! Nancy Pelosi! China town! I saved lives!" just stop doing this. If you're not going to confront him with his "only 15 cases, will soon be zero" poo poo or any of the other insane things he said that have no dodge, stop acting like you're holding him accountable by allowing him to talk about how decisively he acted in January, according to himself. Just stop. It's a waste of time.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Oh what the everloving gently caress is this for a suck up question.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

BigglesSWE posted:

Oh what the everloving gently caress is this for a suck up question.

Good ol Chanel from OANN.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
One of these days OANN is just gonna ask "Why are you so awesome?"

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

THEY COULD BE LOOKING INTO CHAYNA

booo hoooo so hostile questions

This motherfucker spent considerable time and money to spin a racist conspiracy theory about Obama. gently caress the gently caress off.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I have a particularly stubborn 4 year old daughter who cries less than the most powerful man in the free world.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

BigglesSWE posted:

THEY COULD BE LOOKING INTO CHAYNA

FOR A YEAR, THIS WAS FERMENTING. THEY HAD THE IMPEACHMENT HOAX!

So the Dems should have been investigating the coronavirus in China last June instead of the impeachment. OK.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1252374062677889026

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1252374768436654081

this speaks so hard about how bad freddy hosed his brain up.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Him repeating "if we didn't do anything it would've been X amounts worse" is gonna be the major selling point from the chuds once the poo poo hits the fan for real. "Well it would've been SO MUCH WORSE if Obummer was still in office!"

Him insisting of getting massive credit for doing the bare minimum and not even that is really loving grating.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

VH4Ever posted:

FOR A YEAR, THIS WAS FERMENTING. THEY HAD THE IMPEACHMENT HOAX!

So the Dems should have been investigating the coronavirus in China last June instead of the impeachment. OK.

Whenever a chud uses the "he was busy being impeached" line, they're admitting he can't do more than one thing at a time and it's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Run, Donny! Run!