Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

tildes posted:

Thank you!

Thanks for updating this to be more accurate, that's great!

Thank you for putting this together. I love having such a comprehensive resource handy when I want to look something up.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's just like, for a brief second but nothing will show and then suddenly a statue or something will appear in the corner of the screen. If it was one thing it wouldn't be so bad but when it's several furniture things it's hard to overlook.

So maybe? I'll try to get a recording of it later.

I have had the fountain in front of town hall pop into existence when I chase past it at mach 5. Other than that, sometimes there are some objects partially obscured by trees that the game loads in when it notices me staring at them. Honestly, it's pretty solid, for the most part. I haven't tried godzilla, yet, though.

Captain Hygiene posted:

The downside is that it somehow feels waaay more finicky than the good old Wii U touchscreen, partly because of its stylus needs. I actually got surprised for at Miiverse art back in the day, but I feel like a toddler with crayons on the switch.

It's not really worth getting a stylus specifically for AC, unfortunately. Custom designs don't use touch screen. As far as I can tell, it's literally only the notice board and text input. Also, it has massive input lag, which makes it a bit of a chore to draw. :shrug:

And More fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Dip Viscous posted:

How are you able to draw so well with a thumbstick? I can barely make a recognizable stick man.

do the colors before the line, do big details before small, and take it slow. just be gentle on the stick and roll with "good enough"

you can also use the touchscreen, which may or may not be better. i don't have a stylus so.. its not better

Rain Brain
Dec 15, 2006

in ghostlier demarcations, keener sounds
I haven't seen this mentioned so wanted people to know that if you go to someone's island and water their flowers there's a buff that will increase the chance of a new flower spawning. What's really cool is that the buff stacks - my sis sent me the numbers and I think, for example, if you get four non-residents watering a plot it increases the new spawn chance to something like 85%. Since watering flowers doesn't open any dialogs this can be a nice way to say thanks if you are a sad poor like me (what can I say the Stalk Market stresses me out....), especially since it is usually pretty clear when people have set up hybrid beds.

Please note if you move the flowers after people have watered them it drops the added buffs back down to the default resident-watered spawn rate.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Tiler Kiwi posted:

do the colors before the line, do big details before small, and take it slow. just be gentle on the stick and roll with "good enough"

I haven't even attempted color yet. :/

Guess I'll stick to typing animal puns.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Gonna open up for a while as Chops (directly west of the airport past the dump) is DIYing Golden Gears for those looking for more gold recipes

Nooks has a football, cream and sugar and a sewing machine. Wind flowers, cosmos and pansies.

Mabel has skull and tiger t-shirts, magical girl dresses, a mohawk and other stuff.

Kicks is here.

Code: HMTP4 CLOSED

Shingouryu fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 21, 2020

Sleep and Lights
Jan 1, 2020

Inzombiac posted:

Reneé is making iron worktables.
Pink house to the right of jail.

Swap area next to the store.

CLOSED.

I visited earlier and your Able's has magical dresses which I've been looking for, but I wasn't able to buy them before you closed. Would it be possible for me to pop back in there real quick so I could do that?

lol never mind

Sleep and Lights fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 20, 2020

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Dip Viscous posted:

I haven't even attempted color yet. :/

Guess I'll stick to typing animal puns.

color is easier then no color, imo. just make blobs shaped kind of what you want and go from there.

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Apr 20, 2020

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Kidd is currently crafting Gold Armor! Come and get it. 39JRQ

He's in the far west, I'll be AFK on a bamboo bench out front.

(There's some freebies near the airport, help yourself, please don't wreck my flowers!!!)

Edit: Closing up shop, thanks for visiting Goons!

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Apr 21, 2020

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Just a heads up, Nintendo accounts are apparently being hacked. I got a notification of a new login this morning, so I changed my password to something I'd never used before.

Just now I got another log in from an unknown device.

Looking it up online, I am not the only one with this issue. Folks might want to check their account page and maybe set up two step verification or something:
https://accounts.nintendo.com/security

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

What the hell is wrong with my villagers at least twice a day I have to delouse these filthy animals.

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer

Shingouryu posted:

Gonna open up for a while as Chops (directly west of the airport past the dump) is DIYing Golden Gears for those looking for more gold recipes

Nooks has a football, cream and sugar and a sewing machine. Wind flowers, cosmos and pansies.

Mabel has skull and tiger t-shirts, magical girl dresses, a mohawk and other stuff.

Kicks is here.

Code: HMTP4

Nevermind the gears, I was thrilled for the skull shirts. Enjoy your Kill Bill suit.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Thanks! Glad I could help with your wardrobe needs :)

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Tiler Kiwi posted:

all my art skills i have are used for tormenting people

This motherfucker infected my island with Beardo, and then leaves that on my bulletin board.

I will have my revenge by making his town look like poo poo compared to mine.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Eiba posted:

Just a heads up, Nintendo accounts are apparently being hacked. I got a notification of a new login this morning, so I changed my password to something I'd never used before.

Just now I got another log in from an unknown device.

Looking it up online, I am not the only one with this issue. Folks might want to check their account page and maybe set up two step verification or something:
https://accounts.nintendo.com/security

I think it was figured out that people falling victim to this end up using the same password everywhere and there’s a common thread somewhere.

In the end, pretty sure it was figured to be something to do with Fortnite and skins or something. I don’t know, I don’t play games for children. I play Animal Crossing.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

LODGE NORTH posted:

I think it was figured out that people falling victim to this end up using the same password everywhere and there’s a common thread somewhere.

In the end, pretty sure it was figured to be something to do with Fortnite and skins or something. I don’t know, I don’t play games for children. I play Animal Crossing.
I don't remember what my original password was, so it might have been a duplicate of another I used at some point, but I got another successful login on my account four hours after changing my password to a completely novel password, and I've never played Fortnite so :shrug:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
So I finally have a villager moving out, how do I know who his replacement will be?

The last camper? I did not win his game for the record. I used a couple nook island tickets but there was no one to ask to move in.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

I saw Kicks selling a blue backpack today and I got inspired to make my own Banjo-Kazooie costume.

If anybody's got the brown paw slippers or even more yellow shorts than the outdoor shorts, I'd appreciate it!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Can you invite villagers who are moving out of other peoples towns to yours if your town is full?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Can you invite villagers who are moving out of other peoples towns to yours if your town is full?

No, otherwise I'd have at least three more cats queued up waiting for the lame-os to leave :sigh:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I really need to make gifts for goon islands I visit. Time to lurk in my crafting stockpile and see what kind of cool looking garbage I have to throw at people.

Computer Opponent
Nov 29, 2002

Nothing's gonna ever keep ya down!
Anybody got anywhere around 200 or higher turnip price? Trying to get enough to buy this Royal Crown before the shop closes and I’m about 700k short.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Yoshi Jjang posted:

I saw Kicks selling a blue backpack today and I got inspired to make my own Banjo-Kazooie costume.

If anybody's got the brown paw slippers or even more yellow shorts than the outdoor shorts, I'd appreciate it!

That looks great! I don't have any shorts but I think the shorts that go with the "explorer" kind of outfit would really work!

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

If someone leaves, does their house become an empty plot (one that anyone can move into at random) or do you have to go to Nook to remake the plot? If they leave a plot behind... is there any way to get rid of it?

I have a couple villagers I'd let go if I had more control over who replaced them. I'd love to just have 9 villagers so when someone neat showed up in the campground I could just built a plot for them rather than them randomly choosing one of my best friends to kick out.

I've got a million nook miles, so I could always frantically island hop when someone moves out, but it'd be nice if I could rotate my villagers out in a more chill, yet still controlled way.

And I'd really like an open spot because my friend has one of my favorite villagers and I want to be ready for her to move into my town, but I don't really see a way to do that currently.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
So I have to wait until tomorrow to villager shop is what you’re saying?

loopsheloop
Oct 22, 2010
My man Rex is teaching Golden Arawana models, which is... A golden fish.

If this strikes you as something really cool and not at all unnecessary, he lives here:

Code is 42WN8.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
So I'm kind bummed about the island I'm sharing with my wife. We both had never played Animal Crossing before so I was excited for us to both try it. I was a bit disappointed when I found out we share just one island, but I figured oh well we can build up our island together. But more and more over time it feels like I, as the second player am really just a playing as a guest on her island rather than a cooperative experience.

I thought maybe it was just that first part, since I was able to help with the first 15 items for Blathers on the next, but since then, I've been locked out of really helping to build up the town. It sucks because that was the part of the game I was was most excited for. It just seems like something they easily should have been able to make feel like a more shared experience rather than making it clear you're the "other" player.

We're still pretty early on, as we just passed the part where we put up the bridge and put down plots for the houses. Does it get better about further in the game or am I just completely locked out of doing any of the town building/management stuff?

I really like the game and I feel like I still get something out of it. I just feel like I get only a part of the experience, even with my wife going out of her way to share the town.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
On a similar note Alphonso taught me how to make a golden dung beetle today. You bet your sweet rear end I went home and made that poo poo!

https://twitter.com/realbadposts/status/1252360599985483777?s=20

I also spent a little time with the biggest rear end in a top hat alive too. I’m talking about Hippeux if that isn’t clear.

https://twitter.com/realbadposts/status/1252358923882868738?s=20

I ALSO made a tanktop with my favorite record labels logo on it and my bff ursala started wearing it. Overall a banner day in Kether

https://twitter.com/realbadposts/status/1252359268730171393?s=20

Vonnegut Asterisk
Apr 14, 2007

Brandon, you put Pat White down this instant young man!

wilderthanmild posted:

So I'm kind bummed about the island I'm sharing with my wife. We both had never played Animal Crossing before so I was excited for us to both try it. I was a bit disappointed when I found out we share just one island, but I figured oh well we can build up our island together. But more and more over time it feels like I, as the second player am really just a playing as a guest on her island rather than a cooperative experience.

I thought maybe it was just that first part, since I was able to help with the first 15 items for Blathers on the next, but since then, I've been locked out of really helping to build up the town. It sucks because that was the part of the game I was was most excited for. It just seems like something they easily should have been able to make feel like a more shared experience rather than making it clear you're the "other" player.

We're still pretty early on, as we just passed the part where we put up the bridge and put down plots for the houses. Does it get better about further in the game or am I just completely locked out of doing any of the town building/management stuff?

I really like the game and I feel like I still get something out of it. I just feel like I get only a part of the experience, even with my wife going out of her way to share the town.

I'm playing with my wife on an island and actually like it. Eventually you'll get terraforming powers and be able to make changes to scenery. She'll still have to place bridges, inclines, and houses, but I actually like planning out with my wife where those things should be!

I would definitely sculpt the island with where you want bridges and stuff. You'll be able to help pay for them.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Man, Kyle wanted a Wooden double bed as the first of his three bribes to move in from the campsite. That poo poo is THIRTY motherfuckin WOOD. Wood is more precious a resource than iron nuggets at this point. He’d better be worth it.

Eiba posted:

If someone leaves, does their house become an empty plot (one that anyone can move into at random) or do you have to go to Nook to remake the plot? If they leave a plot behind... is there any way to get rid of it?

I have a couple villagers I'd let go if I had more control over who replaced them. I'd love to just have 9 villagers so when someone neat showed up in the campground I could just built a plot for them rather than them randomly choosing one of my best friends to kick out.

I've got a million nook miles, so I could always frantically island hop when someone moves out, but it'd be nice if I could rotate my villagers out in a more chill, yet still controlled way.

And I'd really like an open spot because my friend has one of my favorite villagers and I want to be ready for her to move into my town, but I don't really see a way to do that currently.

It turns into an empty plot that anyone can move into, but I don’t think you can move it until someone moves in and you go through the whole “relocation” rigmarole.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 21, 2020

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Novasol posted:

This motherfucker infected my island with Beardo, and then leaves that on my bulletin board.

I will have my revenge by making his town look like poo poo compared to mine.

oh yeah dunno if anyone knows this but you can get villagers from friends, even if you don't talk to them when they're moving out. that guarantees it but this poor soul got my trash like over a week after he left my place.

mother fucker name dropped me. knew that snitch bear was a cop.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

wilderthanmild posted:

Does it get better about further in the game or am I just completely locked out of doing any of the town building/management stuff?

Once terraforming opens up it gets very equitable, that lets you make such big changes much more frequently than a bridge or incline which are just occasional once a day things. Also the DIY recipe discrepancy decreases a lot over time as you both get more from other non main story quest sources. Once you’re past the tutorial section of the game (ie up to the kk slider concert) it really isn’t very noticeable at all.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/StarLoveDeluxe/status/1252391546558623744?s=20

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Rasher is celebrating 4/20 tonight, hammering away at some DIY pot

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this is just one of the three different lines they all have

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

They don't remember you from your own island, but if you're revisiting someone else's island and talk to the same animal they'll acknowledge that you've met before and that you came back

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

wilderthanmild posted:

I was in the exact same situation except we were also sharing with three kids. I got tired of the lack of resources and lack of control so I wound up buying a switch lite and my own copy of the game. It was a little annoying restarting but now that we are a couple of weeks in we enjoy being able to visit each other's islands and trade furniture that the other does not have.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I'm kind of amazed. Boone moved out of my island a week or two ago. Today he moved into my friend's island. She didn't find him on a Nook island, he just turned up. And he's wearing the clothes I gave him, and when I spoke to him, he remembered me and was delighted to see me. He said our muscles called out to each other.

It was genuinely heartwarming. He was in the t-shirt I gave him on my island!

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
I've opened the gates of my marijuana town for 4/20. Please enjoy.

Dodo code is MB7FT :okpos:

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

prepuce repurposed posted:

Your island died, home slice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

prepuce repurposed posted:

Goonrush’d