Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Barudak posted:

So are they loving or is this the return of cuddle parties?

100% loving lol.

Just be bi or whatever lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

cyberbug posted:

Why would the control group need to be given placebo shots? I know the placebo effect is goddamn black magic but surely the aren't going to raise antibodies out of nowhere in response to a placebo shot so that it would need to be compared to the real thing...

Also the side effect risk is real (but rare), the swine flu vaccine https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandemrix caused significant enough amounts of narcolepsy in teens to cause the use to be terminated in some countries. This was not noticed in the trials.

The control group is given a placebo to compare their antibody levels to the people who got the active vaccine. If the people who got the placebo don’t have an increase in antibody levels, but the people who got the active vaccine have an increase in antibody levels, you can say the vaccine “worked”. It may sound like it’s obvious, but it needs to be tested and confirmed. You wouldn’t be happy with a pharma company saying “it works, really, because we say it does!”, would you? I certainly wouldn’t.

Oh yeah, adverse reactions can most definitely happen once the vaccine/drug/device makes it to market and millions of people start taking them. They’re essentially impossible to predict and can mean the end of the vaccine/drug/device once they’re noticed. The minute risk of Guillain-Barre syndrome and the flu shot is another one. Thalidomide is the one that most places will reference, although that was also approved way back when the rules were less stringent.

Fabulousity posted:

I hope the Cuylers will be okay :ohdear:

I’m sure granny will take the brunt of it.

Tuxide posted:

Thanks for explaining how this all works in your effort post. There's still plenty of COVID-19 in silico work to be done on the BOINC SH/SC thread, and goon teams have been doing fairly well in rankings. Right now, our focus is on Folding@home, Rosetta@Home and TN-Grid, the latter which is in the middle of genetic work on lung cell membranes or something.

No problem, hope it helped people understand a little bit better. Goonspeed to you :patriot:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

"I need attention so badly I will not only sexually service anything that will give it to me, I will leverage that fact to get more attention from you as well"

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

I'm Straight, but Since the Lockdown I've Been Allowing My Roommate to Insert His Entire Fist Into My Anus

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Lets just say buffy was a female dog and it was the middle of a pandemic.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
*rubs chin and tries to calculate the odds that the writer's prior article was about how BPD makes her more in tune with the rhythm of life*

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Pick posted:

"I need attention so badly I will not only sexually service anything that will give it to me, I will leverage that fact to get more attention from you as well"

same

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

:sludgepal:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
bottom right look like walking dead already

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Look at that smug little baby with her green sippy cup, a future karen taking it all in, learning

'this is how you get attention, this is how mommy and daddy feel like they matter'

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Sometimes I just take a step back and marvel at how loving stupid this whole open back up thing is. There’s zero evidence that the spread is slowing, there’s no reason to reverse shelter orders, and there’s no reason for these people to protest except for that they will literally do whatever daddy says, regardless of facts and science.

I also have zero confidence that once people start dying at a faster rate, the cult member governors will backtrack. It’s just all hosed up and it’s fascinating but at the same time incredibly depressing.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

d0s posted:

I'm Straight, but Since the Lockdown I've Been Allowing My Roommate to Insert His Entire Fist Into My Anus
wish that the slate would publish this one

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Just be bi or whatever lol

A big dogs tee for the zoomer set

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Barudak posted:

A big dogs tee for the zoomer set

This person said it best.

Mrs. Dash posted:

I'm pretty sure if not going on a date for one single month made me start sleeping with my opposite sex roommate, it probably just means I'm bi and horny.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

hey bro, we haven't left the house for a month. i'm so lonely. instead of playing madden, let's gently caress.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
lmao imagine you can't get a haircut in tenneesee so you start sucking dick

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

bird with big dick posted:

Piss is sterile.

I'm hiring unemployed to piss on my rear end.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
so, guys. how bored do you have to be to sit on the big plump cock of whoever co-signed your lease? because you owe a lot of slash fanfic writers an apology if the answer is "ehhh my iphone software update is taking a while"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
"oh, you two are such a cute couple! how did you meet?? :keke:"
:j: well, comcast went down--again--and I had to restart the router and you know how those four blinking blue lights go. next thing I knew his penis and my mouth were like *argleblargleblagle*

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pick posted:

so, guys. how bored do you have to be to sit on the big plump cock of whoever co-signed your lease? because you owe a lot of slash fanfic writers an apology if the answer is "ehhh my iphone software update is taking a while"

Its called the Navy

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Pick is gettin upset!

Just imagine it says pick not george

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Reminds me of some jezebel-like article or blog post or something I read once that was basically "I have been in a monogamous relationship with a man for several years but I am still a lesbian." Identity is a weird thing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Supreme Allah posted:

Pick is gettin upset!

Just imagine it says pick not george

i am a longstanding enemy of horny and articles by people with no self-awareness

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Risky Bisquick posted:

40 cent surcharge? THIS IS AMERICA

Don't catch you tippin' now

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
identity politics bad

Faded Mars
Jul 1, 2004

It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga.

I'm the tactical fanny pack opposite the pistol

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hazo posted:

Sometimes I just take a step back and marvel at how loving stupid this whole open back up thing is. There’s zero evidence that the spread is slowing, there’s no reason to reverse shelter orders, and there’s no reason for these people to protest except for that they will literally do whatever daddy says, regardless of facts and science.

I also have zero confidence that once people start dying at a faster rate, the cult member governors will backtrack. It’s just all hosed up and it’s fascinating but at the same time incredibly depressing.

If the shelter-in-place orders aren't slowing the spread--as you claim-- why not lift them? What's the benefit of keeping them in place?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

teardrop posted:

Don’t use soap, nobody is saying use soap. Don’t use groceries without waiting 72 hours or cooking/sanitizing them. If it makes you feel better to lick the melons as soon as you get in the door, you do you, just self-isolate because that is not a safe practice. Thinking the effort to set new purchases aside is “obsessive” speaks more to your impulse control and you probably should limit your advice to not eating soap.

You can only wait 72 hours? Pretty sad to see such a lack of self control. I mean, you do you, but please self-isolate if you're gonna be so reckless with your health.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

See I don't even need to have doomer fantasies, they are real! /s (The real one is : See I don't need to have anxiety, all my fear are real)

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

teardrop posted:

Don’t use soap, nobody is saying use soap. Don’t use groceries without waiting 72 hours or cooking/sanitizing them. If it makes you feel better to lick the melons as soon as you get in the door, you do you, just self-isolate because that is not a safe practice. Thinking the effort to set new purchases aside is “obsessive” speaks more to your impulse control and you probably should limit your advice to not eating soap.

OK, except I don't do any of that and my groceries haven't killed me you weirdo. And I live in one of the hottest infection zones in the entire world to boot...but do whatever you want to feel safe without anything to back it up scientifically...I'm not the one bleaching cardboard :derp:

e: honestly if panicked overkill is how you handle this situation more power to you. just don't get all high horsey about how we're idiots for not doing the same thing with no actual proof or anything that isn't anecdotal..it's gettin' old. I had another friend handling it like you, tell me I need to buy lifestraws and leave a bathtub filled with water...:psyduck:

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 21, 2020

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

hemale in pain posted:

should i be eating soap?
your body should have a constant lather of dr. bronners peppermint soap

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Barudak posted:

Its called the Navy

Or prison. Or elite English boarding schools.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I remember some right-wing business owners put an 'Obamacare surcharge' on their food like Papa John's, which worked out to like 8 cents per pizza, because they were super mad that they had to give employees access to healthcare (not even pay for it).

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

sexuality is a sliding scale of hornyness and what you have to work with

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

FlamingLiberal posted:

I remember some right-wing business owners put an 'Obamacare surcharge' on their food like Papa John's, which worked out to like 8 cents per pizza, because they were super mad that they had to give employees access to healthcare (not even pay for it).

it was mainly papa johns

which makes what he did and what happened to him agter that rather unsurprising

astral
Apr 26, 2004

friendly 2 da void posted:

They managed to pull off universal app-based contact tracing in South Korea.

Surely we can do the same here in The Greatest Country In The World

They're working on it. https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2020/04/apple-and-google-partner-on-covid-19-contact-tracing-technology/

zer0spunk posted:

OK, except I don't do any of that and my groceries haven't killed me

Your tongue only goes so far to sanitize groceries, OP. I suggest quarantining the items you can and using one of the actually-recommended cleaning techniques on the items you can't quarantine (including stuff for the fridge/freezer, since the research seems to indicate they just preserve the virus).

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

astral posted:

They're working on it. https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2020/04/apple-and-google-partner-on-covid-19-contact-tracing-technology/

Your tongue only goes so far to sanitize groceries, OP. I suggest quarantining the items you can and using one of the recommended cleaning techniques on the items you can't quarantine (including stuff for the fridge/freezer, since the research seems to indicate they just preserve the virus).

once again, if you're going to continue to spread this kind of thing show us any single source of proof of infection from groceries other then you assuming "it must happen" or just stop.

e:

from WHO, but you can also find the exact same thing said on the CDC, FDA and USDA websites and shockingly not a single source that shows any infection from handling surfaces, go figure.

but why fact check right?

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Apr 21, 2020

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

You can only wait 72 hours? Pretty sad to see such a lack of self control. I mean, you do you, but please self-isolate if you're gonna be so reckless with your health.

i know. 72 hours is a long time :(. if you get antsy you can always suck dick and write and article about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

bob dobbs is dead posted:

it was mainly papa johns

which makes what he did and what happened to him agter that rather unsurprising
There was a local chain of bar/restaurants here in the Orlando area that was doing it called Gator's Dockside. They would put a line on your check that said Obamacare Surcharge or something like that.