Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that guy stole my ideas. new page but this applies to anything good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i'm gonna do it, i'm gonna buy the final fantasy tomorrow.

then play it the day after cause it'll take forever to download

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I've watched that video before and respect his frustrations but a big budget rockstar game is never gonna be what he wants it to be. Games like Hitman are able to pull off the "accomplish this task in one of four thousand different possible ways" structure because their environments are as intricate and detailed as they are small and curated. When you play a GTA-like I feel like you're willfully signing a contract to forgo mission variety for wide open space to explore and the ability to drive a car real fast for miles and horses that have retractable nutsacks

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The game lets you walk around town and say howdy to everyone you meet it's the only game I'll ever need.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Oh my god!

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

NienNunb posted:

The game lets you walk around town and say howdy to everyone you meet it's the only game I'll ever need.

Say what you will about the folks in this thread, they're friendly.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

NienNunb posted:

As a PC gamer only I had been waiting basically forever for an open world cowboy simulator so I'm just thankful it got released at all

I also howdy at everyone I see even the ones that get all smart-assed about it

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

:syoon: Aerith

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

all of the things you're forced to do in a small building, a bar, a house, a barn, or some other area like a cave or inside of an egg. these things could easily be expanded upon, particularly with 100 million doller and several hundreds of employees. they don't do it because it would technically be a waste, not because it's impossible. the heists in gta5 were dang near tailor made for that kind of action but nope

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

forgot to say i think cyberpunk is going to change some open world standards. not a lot of them, but a little bit. i expect future rockstars to have more "do you wanna do this on-rails ride or this other one" more often and that's cooler than current stuff. the aspiration of maximum cool is cool to me.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tell you what. the real shame is that there are only 1-2 games each year with the financial and workforce potential to go beyond the beyond. push boundaries in many ways. but that's only true because they do not do that, and make sure to deliver to the extreme in ways that are usually more necessary. i wish there was like one game every 10 years that got all of that support but was allowed to 'mess around'. and no horrible 14 hour days for anybody working there too. it just takes 10 years. mastapeace. sorry about the posting. i'll quit for a while. Not a long time. don't say phew or thank goodness

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Phew thank goodness

That you're not going away for a long time

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i think all the video game companies in the world should get together every 4 years and make a video game together, as a message of unity and human brotherhood. if the game is good, then we will have four years of good luck, but if the game is bad, then a bomb strapped to a random developer's neck will explode.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
The above post is obviously the most obvious of obvious jokes but given the recent global sticky you may want to edit it...just in case, I don't know.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
if i get permabanned for that post then i think that's a fitting end for me

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's undisclosed whether or not the bomb is powerful enough to do any lasting harm to anyone

Recently found out about That DICK! and would rather not lose Seth Rollins, one of the few remaining sages

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Apr 21, 2020

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

We know the companies can work together because they all agreed GameStop dying was bad and sent ninjas after GameStop’s investors.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
The current set up of letting smaller games experiment with mechanics and setting and then AAA games capitalizing on what works seems to be okay with me.

Experimentation is good but in most forms of consumerism people will only stand like a 10% variance in what they’ve had before.

Idk I think I’m gonna not play games nonstop for the next few days, maybe sort some Lego and Transformer stuff and watch seasons of TNG or Bosch that I haven’t already

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Better Call Saul is the best show on television and it's not even close right now.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Better Call Saul is the best show on television and it's not even close right now.

Next season is poised to be incredible.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Jerusalem posted:

since television now includes streaming services you obhectively cannot say that because I have access to Darkwing Duck on my gfs disney plus rn and also Pluto TV also does Walker Texas Ranger

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Everyone please watch Joe Pera Talks With You.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

NienNunb posted:

Saul is good but this is the actual best show on television

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Yakuza is better than Red Dead because it doesn't pretend to give you multiple approaches, it's completely honest that what you're going to do is hit the square button four times before hitting the triangle button and repeating until everything is on the floor, meaning you can get to the meat of helping people out and getting into hijinks much faster. Plus in Yakuza you can be in a samurai movie whereas the only movies in Red Dead are cartoons about getting diarrhea.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

got bored of yakuza 0 after a couple hours :steam: :boston:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

NienNunb posted:

I don't watch much TV anymore but I let Kitteh lie down on the couch with me and watch TV for a few minutes yesterday morning and that was on. It was an episode about two teachers and an apocalypse basement. It was clearly supposed to be the typical AS theater of the absurd stuff but it just seemed sweet to me.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
It is a very sweet show

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

I don't watch much TV anymore but I let Kitteh lie down on the couch with me and watch TV for a few minutes yesterday morning and that was on. It was an episode about two teachers and an apocalypse basement. It was clearly supposed to be the typical AS theater of the absurd stuff but it just seemed sweet to me.

Please watch it because it's completely devoid of Adult Swim ironic detachment and is full on sincere and wholesome. Just a show about a nice guy who likes to do nice things and ponder about our daily lives.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Also Yakuza is not even the best Sega Japanese life simulator (it's Shenmue) (I will not accept any constructive criticism on this take).

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i won the race tonight

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

now i'm watching my friend albrecht play super mario rpg. if you search super mario rpg on twitch he'll probably be the top stream. bepDab

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

ShaneBlepDab

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I noticed DarkstarIV hadn't been around, are they alright? We didn't agree on much but I enjoyed the conversation either way.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Eat My Fuc posted:

Next season is poised to be incredible.

I'm very slightly annoyed that we had a gap of a year so they could make El Camino (which I enjoyed) but now there's a good chance we get a delay in getting to season 6 because of COVID-19. There's a good chance we might have gotten all of season 6 this year if it hadn't been for El Camino.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I'm very slightly annoyed that we had a gap of a year so they could make El Camino (which I enjoyed) but now there's a good chance we get a delay in getting to season 6 because of COVID-19. There's a good chance we might have gotten all of season 6 this year if it hadn't been for El Camino.

I loved El Camino but I feel ya. I'm just praying for the older actors.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
If you liked Westworld you should watch Appaloosa

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Review every game released for the Atari Jaguar

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The jaguar died because it didn’t get a good rpg. And all those sweet buttons too.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
my jaguar died of a respiratory infection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NienNunb posted:

The 24 game on PS2 had a dedicated button to shoot in the air and yell "JACK BAUER" and it's pretty much my favorite thing ever.

The game itself was mediocre.