Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

That Works posted:

I can only imagine how it must be now that the EPA gives no fucks but when I worked in the oilfield in the gulf of mexico in the late 90's the smaller platforms were always up to poo poo. I went to one every couple weeks that we always delivered a 55g drum of rig soap to (think like 4x concentrated Dawn detergent). They were always throwing soap around the rig to prevent the constant steady leaks of oil from making a slick which helicopters / boats could see and would have to report. This was a Whiting petroleum rig iirc but there were like 5 other ones that got to visit personally.

It's gotta be loving nuts out there now. The only reason they were even dumping soap back then was to not get an EPA fine.

Isn't the EPA specifically suspending any enforcement at the moment?

e: Yup:
https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/epa-announces-enforcement-discretion-policy-covid-19-pandemic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

those polls were taken before fox news started beating the drum and showing all of the 'grassroots' protests.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mr. Nice! posted:

those polls were taken before fox news started beating the drum and showing all of the 'grassroots' protests.

It's still not budging.

https://twitter.com/aedwardslevy/status/1252371366696779777

The overall issue is that these astroturfy protests can't really get past a 50-50 split of the Republicans polled. So they never really crack 25% and there hasn't been a lot of evidence to see that number budging, at least not yet. Give it a month and if the unemployment systems are still hosed, that could budge.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I think these dumb protests have already gotten twice as much coverage as occupy ever did so mission accomplished!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://www.wyff4.com/article/gov-henry-mcmaster-to-reopen-retail-stores-on-tuesday-reports-say/32208381

quote:

South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster issued Executive Order 2020-28, which removes restrictions on public access points to the state’s beaches, public piers, docks, and wharfs, while delegating to local officials the authority to restrict access, as they see fit.

This order also re-opens retail stores that were closed pursuant to Executive Order 2020-18. The businesses to be reopened are as follows:

Furniture and home-furnishings stores

Clothing, shoe, and clothing-accessory stores

Jewelry, luggage, and leather goods stores

Department stores, with the exception of hardware and home-improvement stores

Sporting goods stores

Book, craft, and music stores

Flea markets

Florists and flower stores

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Pryor on Fire posted:

I think these dumb protests have already gotten twice as much coverage as occupy ever did so mission accomplished!

Now maybe my memory's a little faulty but I seem to recall that Occupy was front-page news for months.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Maybe Donnie can send him a big, beautiful letter.

https://twitter.com/Rover829/status/1252394645025251332

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1252409623241306113

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

:crnasickos:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

yes. vaccines caused this.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
MY BODY

MY CHOICE

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Hot Karl Marx posted:

MY BODY

MY CHOICE

But not that other choice!

Just this one very specific choice, which is the best choice, the biggest choice!

Clomizapan!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

FEAR IS THE REAL VIRUS sounds like a tagline for a good b-movie

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

FEAR IS THE REAL VIRUS sounds like a tagline for a good b-movie

Or a drunken line used to rawdawg when no one has a condom.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Fear is the mind-killer.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Man these guys are really dedicated to playing the long game

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

"I hold at your neck the gom Jabbar"

"FAKE NEWS IT'S JUST A TACK BRO"

*dies*

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

"my hand's on fi... wait, fake news bro"

*lives*

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Some quickly deleted tweets from some media people are speculating that Un is brain dead

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I'm from Buenos Aires and the attack was fake news!

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

So who is next line for the dynasty?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Well definately not the cousin he had blasted with a AAA gun

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Or the brother he hit with a nerve agent

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CNN and AP now seeming confident something is going on

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/20/politics/kim-jong-un-north-korea/index.html

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Some quickly deleted tweets from some media people are speculating that Un is brain dead

Did they see a dove fly through a rainbow or some nonsense?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I would not want to be those doctors.

Can't wait for Trump to air a video tribute to him tomorrow during his afternoon talk show because, if there's nothing on character for Donnie, it's expressing grave concern for the newest in a long line of human rights abusers.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

CBJSprague24 posted:

I would not want to be those doctors.

Can't wait for Trump to air a video tribute to him tomorrow during his afternoon talk show because, if there's nothing on character for Donnie, it's expressing grave concern for the newest in a long line of human rights abusers.

I realise it might seem like a thousand years ago now, but I'd like to remind you that Trump chose to meet with NK after the rest of the world refusing to acknowledge them for... uh... ever

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Man, I didn't expect them to adopt American-style government so fast.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

It’d be poetic justice for his brain to end up like Otto Warmbier’s

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/theintercept/status/1252415682467082241?s=20
loving bastards.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

McNally posted:

Man, I didn't expect them to adopt American-style government so fast.

lol

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

An extremely disproportionate number of the cases of rona here in wi are from minority groups.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

MRC48B posted:

An extremely disproportionate number of the cases of rona here in wi are from minority groups.

Same in DC- when I last checked the stats within the past 48 hours, something like of nearly 100 deaths, 71 or so were black people.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

They did this same `kim might be dead!' crap before when he had some gout surgery or some poo poo.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Same in DC- when I last checked the stats within the past 48 hours, something like of nearly 100 deaths, 71 or so were black people.

hey Siri show me what institutional racism looks like

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Guess who's working "essential" jobs.

Also throw in a bonus of larger (number of people) and smaller (square feet of the residence) households.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 21, 2020

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
On top of that, they're people without a lot of money, so they're preconditioned to not seek treatment. That's leading to a lot of people that could've been on early oxygen to fight the pneumonia, but instead coming in when they're near death with lungs that don't work.

https://twitter.com/thegarance/status/1252425067847286784?s=19

That seems to be a major factor in a lot of deaths - COVID can trick you into thinking you're fine, when you've actually been conditioned to take faster, shorter breaths that feel clean, but don't push enough oxygen through.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

ded posted:

They did this same `kim might be dead!' crap before when he had some gout surgery or some poo poo.
You say this as if it isn't 2020. Based on that alone, odds are that violent upheaval will break out imminently and Covid-infected refugees will try to swarm the border.

Yes, this is tongue-in-cheek. Mostly.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Looking forward to Trump announcing his condolences to the Kim family in the next couple hours via tweet

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Cugel the Clever posted:

You say this as if it isn't 2020. Based on that alone, odds are that violent upheaval will break out imminently and Covid-infected refugees will try to swarm the border.

Yes, this is tongue-in-cheek. Mostly.

I'm picturing the NK government falling apart and then after a week of everyone standing around waiting to be told what to do, the migrations come and the nights are punctuated with the occasional explosion as landmines are detonated by those trying to cross under cover of darkness D:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

McNally posted:

They'd have been permabanned long before it got to this point.

The never ending rapsheet