Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Hey everyone, thanks for joining me tonight, it was a lot of fun!

VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/587771471

Levels and timestamps:

1. Troubled Skies 00:25:00
By: 100YrsofAttitude T39-NHN-J1G

2. Jungle of Bones 00:43:30
By: SomeKindofVerb WJH-6D1-MRG

3. Skyline 01:03:30
By: Rhythmancer CG0-WYG-L5G

4. Frosty Fungus 01:17:15
By: Prowler RSJ-JNJ-62H

5. Jungle Quest 01:39:30
By: Kinger5 PWG-NK8-47G

6. Serphiot's level 01:57:15
By: Serphiot 7GC-D3S-MTG

7. Mushroom Platforming
By: Mberwine 2KP-2XM-MWG

8. Bloodborne 02:43:45
By: PlayYourCourseHorse 57L-RJJ-4YG

9. Skyfall 03:00:45
By: MrTomJones TFG-GQW-63G

10. Sandygast's level 03:33:45
By: Sandygast1 38K-0Y7-HJG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010

OneMoreTime posted:

Hey everyone, thanks for joining me tonight, it was a lot of fun!

VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/587771471

Levels and timestamps:

2. Jungle of Bones 00:43:30
By: SomeKindofVerb WJH-6D1-MRG

I just want to say thanks a tonne for this, it was genuinely revelatory to watch someone else playing through it, I hadn't quite realised how differently someone moves through the level when they haven't spent an hour or two making it!

There's a feather in a ? block you didn't grab which helps a lot with the routes idea, but I haven't signposted it or them at all in hindsight, and I don't think they're intuitive. I've learned a lot! I've been slogging away at making a bunch more levels, I feel like it's one of those things practice will help make perfect!

Oh, and *she. :P

Thanks again!

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

I made a tough shell kaizo level called Cloud's Strife because it's set in the sky theme and I really want to play FF7Remake.

3X3-0MM-K1H

I know this isn't the thing for most the people in this thread, but thought maybe some here would enjoy.

It's currently sitting at .7% clear rate and Big Congrats to fellow goon tonberi AKA Totopi for getting the first clear. There are three shell jumps, one shell surf, and one backward shell jump.

Rhythmancer
Jun 5, 2004
Mr. Saturn
I've bowed to public pressure (uh, all two of you) and adjusted Skyline's final checkpoint to have a powerup. (I tweaked that final section so much I could run it in my sleep and it didn't occur to me to put one in. Which is... weird for the way I tend to design levels.) The new code is 3LB-B59-RRG. If it could be updated on the spreadsheet, that'd be cool. If that's still being managed.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I really enjoyed making my last Super Mario 3D World level, so I created another full-length one. It feels short, though, due to the excessive use of speed pads.

It's very possible to speed run, although there is a forced waiting period in the second part due to the lava rising and falling. In retrospect, probably not even necessary.

Speedy Fleety Fire
RV9-D82-W8G

Speed pads and lava. What could possibly go wrong?

Prowler fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Apr 13, 2020

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Prowler posted:

I really enjoyed making my last Super Mario 3D World level, so I created another full-length one. It feels short, though, due to the excessive use of speed pads.

It's very possible to speed run, although there is a forced waiting period in the second part due to the lava rising and falling. In retrospect, probably not even necessary.

Speedy Fleety Fire
RV9-D82-W8G

Speed pads and lava. What could possibly go wrong?

Hey, I got first clear! Nice course

One small thing, and this is not a criticism specific to this course, I've seen lots of people in this thread do it... but why put the checkpoint before the warp pipe? It's not a big deal, but it adds an extra few seconds of waiting before each attempt on the second screen, since you have to go through the pipe animation... and in this case it seems like you could've just put it at the beginning of the next section instead. Just a minor annoyance, but I've noticed a lot of people do this for some reason

Prowler
May 24, 2004

super fart shooter posted:

Hey, I got first clear! Nice course

One small thing, and this is not a criticism specific to this course, I've seen lots of people in this thread do it... but why put the checkpoint before the warp pipe? It's not a big deal, but it adds an extra few seconds of waiting before each attempt on the second screen, since you have to go through the pipe animation... and in this case it seems like you could've just put it at the beginning of the next section instead. Just a minor annoyance, but I've noticed a lot of people do this for some reason

It's an artifact from planning the stage. I expected to make the first half harder than it actually is, making a second checkpoint almost necessary. Wound up not adding one and forgot to move it.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Level list for tonight's stream at 5 PM PDT/8 PM EDT

https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

1. Flappy Jumpman
By: SomeKindofVerb 3LQ-N5J-CFG

2. The Adventures of Mario-Man!
By: 100yrsofAttitude C4M-T05-S8G

3. Labyrinth Octagonal
By: Rhythmancer 536-Q6G-XQF

4. Cloud's Strife
By: Sublimer 3X3-0MM-K1H

5. Speedy Fleety Fire
By: Prowler RV9-D82-W8G

6. Lights, Camera, POW!
By: Mamaburra WX9-80W-XVG

7. Frosty Freezy Burn Castle
By: IronCobra51 HGT-B62-SGG

8. Spike's Party
By: Megalomanio CVD-Q3T-FKG

9. Icey P-Switch Jumps
By: upsidedownlunchbox HNG-7XV-SNF

10. Pirahna Creeper Canopy
By: JMZen THT-7DH-G2G

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Annnnd we're going live! Like right now!

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
I redid Look Out Boo-Low, I never intended it to be so difficult. 5HX-68W-F2H

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And here's the level list for tonight's stream! Thanks to everyone who joined us tonight.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/591396432

1. Flappy Jumpman 00:43:00
By: SomeKindofVerb 3LQ-N5J-CFG

2. The Adventures of Mario-Man! 00:56:00
By: 100yrsofAttitude C4M-T05-S8G

3. Labyrinth Octagonal 01:12:00
By: Rhythmancer 536-Q6G-XQF

4. Cloud's Strife 01:27:45
By: Sublimer 3X3-0MM-K1H

5. Speedy Fleety Fire 01:50:45
By: Prowler RV9-D82-W8G

6. Lights, Camera, POW! 02:02:30
By: Mamaburra WX9-80W-XVG

7. Frosty Freezy Burn Castle 02:15:45
By: IronCobra51 HGT-B62-SGG

8. Spike's Party 02:25:15
By: Megalomanio CVD-Q3T-FKG

9. Icey P-Switch Jumps 02:35:00
By: upsidedownlunchbox HNG-7XV-SNF

10. Pirahna Creeper Canopy 02:50:00
By: JMZen THT-7DH-G2G

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

Hello again Mario friends,

I haven't had much of any inspiration recently, but just finished a few other games that came out and maybe will find some while playing through everyone else's stages that I've missed.

Anyway I did get one idea:

DLS-J51-C7G - Sector 13 Slums

Use your sword to go through the dungeon and defeat the bad guys, cutscenes are coming in the next version of the stage, sorry they're still being rendered right now. Having just finished FF7R, I felt like putting my feelings of it into a stage. Great game, lots of fun!

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
Leapin' Lakitus - X05-Y13-XMG - Can't help thinkin' this one would work better in the context of a larger set of levels, NINTENDO....... Uhhh, the rest of you will see why I guess. Also, still wish we could put Lakitus inside of pipes, Mario World-style.

Soft Loch - BRP-1YC-0SF - Auto-scrolling AND the night time theme? I must be crazy.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Level list for tonight's stream at 5 PM PDT/8 PM EDT!

1. Captain CaveJumpman
By: SomeKindOfVerb 328-KWH-FXF

2. Sector 13 Slums
By: Tonberi DLS-J51-C7G

3. Leapin' Lakitus
By: Gnome Enthusiast X05-Y13-XMG

4. Climbing Mole Mountain!
By: MysteryBay22 C89-FY5-83G

5. MNINLB's level
By: MNINLB S0L-TG0-0KF

6. Jorian's level
By: JorianID QRW-NWB-M2G

7. ArekkT1's level
By: ArekkT1 258-2K0-FTG

8. Paratroopa Heights
By: OnlyWonderBoy V1X-QVR-WNF

9. Sky Castle Speedrun
By: Chesley Williams MDP-TLN-YMF

10. Gentle Snowball Throw Cave
By: Candl3j4ck QRD-DJH-YHG

11. Microwave ButterBill Blast
By: ThundaPC VYD-R6H-8MF

12. The Treetop Metropolis Adventure
By: Piratedude8024 JS6-DBD-TRG

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And we're going live with some levels! Right now!

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And here's the level list for last night's stream! Thanks so much for everyone who came on out.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/594092640

1. Captain CaveJumpman 00:19:00

2. Sector 13 Slums 00:47:15
By: Tonberi DLS-J51-C7G

3. Leapin' Lakitus 01:02:00
By: Gnome Enthusiast X05-Y13-XMG

4. Climbing Mole Mountain! 01:14:00
By: MysteryBay22 C89-FY5-83G

5. MNINLB's level 01:25:00
By: MNINLB S0L-TG0-0KF

6. Jorian's level
By: JorianID QRW-NWB-M2G

7. ArekkT1's level 01:42:15
By: ArekkT1 258-2K0-FTG

8. Paratroopa Heights 02:01:00
By: OnlyWonderBoy V1X-QVR-WNF

9. Sky Castle Speedrun 02:11:30
By: Chesley Williams MDP-TLN-YMF

10. Gentle Snowball Throw Cave 02:22:45
By: Candl3j4ck QRD-DJH-YHG

11. Microwave ButterBill Blast 02:32:45
By: ThundaPC VYD-R6H-8MF

12. The Treetop Metropolis Adventure 02:45:45
By: Piratedude8024 JS6-DBD-TRG

mektarian
Mar 21, 2005

Snowpeak Sanctum
0BC-D29-NSG
Finally made a Link level, only a few months late :v:

Sky Fleet
03M-B9L-C1H
A standard auto scrolling airship level with a gimmick of multiple paths.

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010

OneMoreTime posted:

And here's the level list for last night's stream! Thanks so much for everyone who came on out.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/594092640

1. Captain CaveJumpman 00:19:00

I'm not going to say it literally every time, but it really is revelatory every time you play through one of my levels and I feel like I've signposted something but it's more that I just *think* I've been clever, and not quite implied it right through mechanics. I've made a couple more that I'll post the links to soon! My working theory is to brute force practicing so I'll get there eventually. One is an incredibly standard level because I felt like my pass rates were too low, and one is a Skyscraper themed level because I wanted to practice the 3D World tools.

One last thank you before I stop having my mind blown by other people playtesting a level like I just invented the idea!

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

mektarian posted:

Snowpeak Sanctum
0BC-D29-NSG
Finally made a Link level, only a few months late :v:

Sky Fleet
03M-B9L-C1H
A standard auto scrolling airship level with a gimmick of multiple paths.

These are both awesome go play them.

I finished something that I started a few months ago, although I'm sure it's much different than it would have been..
4J1-QLC-JQF - This Year, February Was Warm..
We were promised snow here for most of February, and instead we got none, so I started to make this before getting distracted by something else, and just finished it up now. Winged donut and ice blocks with a sun companion who holds a key in both sides, kind of difficult, but nothing kaizo.

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

Some very creative uses for the sun in that level. I don’t think I’ve ever actually played one where the sun was anything other than an enemy to make the level harder. Nice job!

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

And one more!

NXP-K37-SNG - Drop Castle
Don't jump! Coins are lies! It's easy until it isn't, except then it isn't really that hard! But there is a difficulty spike? Stay on the ground and then in the air in this first attempt at doing something with the stay on the ground clear requirement. Hold jump after going through the door, maybe.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Finally decided to get back into Mario Maker during this quarantine. A little rusty tbh, but here goes.

Desert Distress
J27-SWH-QGF

Edit: Has some lite puzzle elements, and a boss fight

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 19, 2020

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Chutes and Ladder

V5Q-V6K-02G

Tried something more unique this time.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Apr 20, 2020

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

Chutes and Ladder

V5Q-V6K-02G

Tried something more unique this time.

This was indeed unique, and quite fun. Thank you!

J8G-LF0-SSG - Yoshi is a Billionaire (Kaizo)
As the title states, this is a Kaizo level, in the vein of a lot of SMW hack's first levels! Why is this? Could it be I've been playing too much deathly mario?

Use the winged ? blocks to get over the gap, then spin jump across the spikes with spiny, use Yoshi to get high, jump off of some parachuting galoombas, do a few shell jumps, jump off of some moles, ride a few thwomps, use another Yoshi to make impossible jumps, do the bomb thing or not, and finally have Yoshi jump off of a spiny mid-air for you before once again making use of his skills to help Mario make a final impossible jump. There are 'helpful' coins to indicate where you should jump :v:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

tonberi posted:

This was indeed unique, and quite fun. Thank you!

Thanks! :D

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President
Just picked this game up last week, but I've cranked out a few levels I wouldn't mind some getting some feedback on.

N8W-MN5-6RF 1-2 Shells--First in my 'shell trilogy' goofing around with using koopa shells as remote triggers.
J82-B0N-3MG 1-3 Shell Dungeon--Next I tried framing an entire dungeon around shell shenanigans. It didn't seem that hard to me, but it has a really low clear rate for some reason.
8J4-SB9-PFG 1-4 Follow that shell!--Kick a shell at the start of the level and chase it to the end. Not very hard, but I found it amusing.

82R-FN6-9HG 2-2 Miniboss Manor--Fight through a castle full of various staged miniboss encounters. I put a lot more work into this one. It's meant to be challenging, but not unfair. I just wish I could have done a checkpoint after each one so you didn't have to refight any of them.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Bigass content update annoucned.

Frog suit, Boomerang flower, P-Balloon, a SMB-powerset mushroom AND MORE

Oh, and you can link levels together into a World

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1252416869937459203

Should just post it :v:

Holy poo poo though

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm still surprised that they haven't just gone and added different styles, but HOLY gently caress!

This is it. This has now made SMM2 the perfect game.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Yeah, I was watching the video on my phone as I was posting, was gonna link it but you beat me to it

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Jesus Christ! This is halfway to a new entry.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can't believe they made the power balloon good.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Wow, that is a lot of new great stuff. Frog suit is back!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Disappointed they didn’t just make 2 it’s own style but holy poo poo at everything else. I’m looking forward to playing the entire games you guys make.:)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

There's a handful of things that they didn't cover that are in the update. On/Off blocks in 3D World, Ninji's in course world etc. I'm eager to see what small stuff got snuck in.

Also wondering if Toadette turns into Peachette via the SMB2 mushroom :v:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nuoh my god

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’d excited to finally play some goon Mario levels. I hope all of you that have made a bunch of levels compile them into worlds right away.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

There's a handful of things that they didn't cover that are in the update. On/Off blocks in 3D World, Ninji's in course world etc. I'm eager to see what small stuff got snuck in.

Also wondering if Toadette turns into Peachette via the SMB2 mushroom :v:

Yeah, I absolutely loved seeing SMB2 Luigi there <3

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Bring back the Weird Mushroom you cowards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

loving finally