Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

TyroneGoldstein posted:

God he is such a little bitch.

I'm sorry, I don't use language like that normally, but come the gently caress on..

Before my Dad died, he'd refer to Trump as "President Titbaby."

My dad owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

nerox posted:

PPP was 350 BILLION not million.

gently caress that’s a big difference. Thanks.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I am seeing the NYT reporting that the ‘immigration halt’ includes a stop on green cards and work visas

That is definitely something he didn’t run by businesses for sure

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Oh no, what if the GOP Nazi policies affected MY life.

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1252555801018982401?s=19

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

My dad owned.

Agreed. RIP your dad.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Guze posted:

Admitting to both hypocrisy and breaking immigration law to own the libs

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

FlamingLiberal posted:

I am seeing the NYT reporting that the ‘immigration halt’ includes a stop on green cards and work visas

Somehow I think this one won't last long when enough business owners are up his rear end about it. Which is funny because the Trump Org uses tons of immigrants but I guess not right now that his hotels/clubs are closed so this might be a "Well if I can't do it, NOBODY can" tantrum thing.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Data Graham posted:

I like their counter-take on the timeless meme:

https://twitter.com/seanmdav/status/1252391630490877952

Losing my job to own...the cons?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

VH4Ever posted:

Somehow I think this one won't last long when enough business owners are up his rear end about it. Which is funny because the Trump Org uses tons of immigrants but I guess not right now that his hotels/clubs are closed so this might be a "Well if I can't do it, NOBODY can" tantrum thing.
This is definitely Stephen Miller’s doing, and also it throws red meat to his base

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

My dad owned.

We lost a good one when your dad passed, sorry about your loss. :(

I know that the forums have made that an ironic statement but I mean that in earnestly as it sounds like your dad did, in fact, own.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I work for a multinational and I’m going to hazard a guess that this is really going to piss off the European heads that relocated to the US. Hoo boy.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

canepazzo posted:

I like their counter-take on the timeless meme:

https://twitter.com/seanmdav/status/1252391630490877952

Losing my job to own...the cons?

Alternatively: aspirating on my own fluids to own the libs.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

HONG KONG SLUMLORD posted:

I work for a multinational and I’m going to hazard a guess that this is really going to piss off the European heads that relocated to the US. Hoo boy.
So far they are saying it’s for new work visas/green cards, not pre-existing ones

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

By large like what, 150-300 hundred people? It's the most populous state in the union, bull loving poo poo

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Guze posted:

Has anyone ever met an “Ainsley” who wasn’t a Republican?

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008

Data Graham posted:

She hasn't admitted to breaking any laws here?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

FlamingLiberal posted:

So far they are saying it’s for new work visas/green cards, not pre-existing ones

Something tells me they wrote this vague enough that they can do whatever they want to any past or future greencard

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
Not to be really cynical about things, but Trump making a move like this with immigration indicates that the tea leaves are telling trash human advisors that he needs to stoke the Southern Strategy trash fire to shore up the base. I dunno what we can infer from that, because I'm eternally guarded at this point due to being shell shocked for years, but I think it's somewhat promising if, for nothing else, he will overdo it and turn even more people off in the process.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Manifest Dynasty posted:

I think the poster was implying that this was a ‘marriage for citizenship’ kind of deal, which is illegal

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Trust me, nobody would want to marry me for anything other than citizenship.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Manifest Dynasty posted:

I thought it was "I hired an undocumented immigrant", maybe I'm reading too much into it

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Data Graham posted:

I thought it was "I hired an undocumented immigrant", maybe I'm reading too much into it

She mentions work visas, it's still some rich rear end in a top hat who makes a living firing up anti-immigrant lunatics suddenly realizing what those policies actually mean.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

TyroneGoldstein posted:

Not to be really cynical about things, but Trump making a move like this with immigration indicates that the tea leaves are telling trash human advisors that he needs to stoke the Southern Strategy trash fire to shore up the base. I dunno what we can infer from that, because I'm eternally guarded at this point due to being shell shocked for years, but I think it's somewhat promising if, for nothing else, he will overdo it and turn even more people off in the process.

CAN you overdo the Southern Strategy? So far it's done nothing but reap incredible dividends.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

CAN you overdo the Southern Strategy? So far it's done nothing but reap incredible dividends.

Despite the GOP's constant appeal, there are only so many racists, and unlike Nixon's era they are truly in the minority

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Southern Strategy works a bit less and less every day.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Work visas have tine limits, IIRC, and green cards are for people who are already in the country and have been for a while.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It managed to get a black guy elected, so no...it hasn't "done nothing but reap incredible dividends". It's singlehandedly preventing the GOP from growing the party and appealing to minorities who might otherwise be conservative if it weren't for the absolute tidal wave of racism.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Guze posted:

Won't somebody think of rich people and their teenaged wage slaves?

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Mooseontheloose posted:

Alternatively: aspirating on my own fluids to own the libs.

I wish I was able to make political comic strips but I suck at art. But man would love to make one of a boomer wearing a maga dying on a ventilator. His last words before succumbing to the corona: "At least I got to own the libs....."

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1252591306028785667

Meanwhile, millions of Americans are out of work, and the GOP is bitching that people are getting too much money.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Charliegrs posted:

I wish I was able to make political comic strips but I suck at art. But man would love to make one of a boomer wearing a maga dying on a ventilator. His last words before succumbing to the corona: "At least I got to own the libs....."

There's been at least one or two already around that premise.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Lmao we are gonna bail out the oil market

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1252591306028785667?s=19

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

Majorian posted:

What you're ignoring is that the primary cycle we just went through was, in the eyes of many on the left, an illegitimate coup of its own.

Why precisely are we supposed to care why "many on the left" disagree with the objective reality that Sanders lost the primary?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Charliegrs posted:

This hasn’t ever stopped anyone before.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Yeah, that explains all the bankruptcies

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Sinister_Beekeeper posted:

Why precisely are we supposed to care why "many on the left" disagree with the objective reality that Sanders lost the primary?
For example, that co-ordinated dropout, or the weirdness in Iowa, fr'ex. Or for that matter, RUNNING THE loving THINGS IN A PANDEMIC.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Yeah that’ll be popular.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

They already did that about a month ago paying a bit above market rate for oil.

I don't know if the strategic reserve was full after that first bailout, but if it isn't after yesterday then someone hosed up. That limits good options here other that direct bailout.

On the "positive" side of things, the oil industry actually does employ a ton of people and is central to the economies of a lot of states. So a bailout in this case actually has a chance of helping people. But bailing out some of the wealthiest companies on earth who are actively killing everyone on the planet isn't great...

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008

OddObserver posted:

Work visas have tine limits, IIRC, and green cards are for people who are already in the country and have been for a while.

This isn't true. You can get an immigrant visa having never set foot in the US. When you use that visa to enter, you are a permanent resident ("green card holder") from the moment you enter the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008

Data Graham posted:

She said the au pair needs to renew the visa. Au pairs are very common temporary visa types.