Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Now maybe my memory's a little faulty but I seem to recall that Occupy was front-page news for months.

Front page seems generous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

There's a guy in the UK, Dr John Campbell, who does some really good and informative youtube vids on corona, who has been saying for months now that dark skinned people's lower ability to produce vitamin D from sunlight should be investigated to see if it's a contributing factor to the skewed death rates in BAME people. He does a couple of daily updates which are well worth a look as he knows his stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCSXNGc7pfs&t=77s

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Burt posted:

There's a guy in the UK, Dr John Campbell, who does some really good and informative youtube vids on corona, who has been saying for months now that dark skinned people's lower ability to produce vitamin D from sunlight should be investigated to see if it's a contributing factor to the skewed death rates in BAME people. He does a couple of daily updates which are well worth a look as he knows his stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCSXNGc7pfs&t=77s

No joke, this guy is why my boomer immunocompromised dad is taking this whole thing seriously. My sister's boyfriend turned him on to him back in January. He's been watching it ever since, and started social distancing in February.

My dad told me about the vitamin D thing the other day and oh man did he describe it in the most racist way possible, so uh... yeah.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Schrodinger's Kim.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Welp media gonna media I guess. White male mass shooter was a nice guy, brought smiles to faces etc

https://twitter.com/globeandmail/status/1252056906396397568?s=19

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I'm SHOCKED a white man with a passion for policing killed people

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

And the life of the plastic MAGA clock went out with that of the last of the gay. And the tweets of the Ben Shapiros expired. And Darkness and Decay and the Boomer Death held illimitable dominion over all.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Welp media gonna media I guess. White male mass shooter was a nice guy, brought smiles to faces etc

https://twitter.com/globeandmail/status/1252056906396397568?s=19

It's so god drat weird

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
You know what else sucks about local government reopening stores/restaurants? Plenty of small businesses have insurance to cover periods of governmentally forced closures.

But if governor says “you can open,” but no one leaves their home to go spend money at brick and mortar stores, the small business gets to eat poo poo.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

mlmp08 posted:

You know what else sucks about local government reopening stores/restaurants? Plenty of small businesses have insurance to cover periods of governmentally forced closures.

But if governor says “you can open,” but no one leaves their home to go spend money at brick and mortar stores, the small business gets to eat poo poo.

Which is pretty much what as going to happen anyways. These bumblefucks think that the economy is just going to jump right into recovering rather than likely continuing its downward slide a bit longer because a significant chunk of the population is jobless.

The economy was already on the downward trend prior to Covid, it was just was the final nail in the coffin.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 21, 2020

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

mlmp08 posted:

I work on commission and know that when my store reopens I will be making less then I am on UBI with the $600/wk enhancement.

My fingers are crossed that NY keeps everything closed for as long as possible for personal financial reasons in addition to it being the right thing to do to save lives.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

mlmp08 posted:

Yeah I was just having that conversation with someone (about the people protesting), just because the government says you can open your artisinal muffin shop doesn't mean anyone is going to come in...and almost certainly not enough people to cover your expenses.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Colorado governor is backing off and now saying that people need to exercise "personal responsibility" and "understand the risk to themselves" when they go to the salons and other businesses he's reopening next week. Everyone is, bizarrely, ignoring that going to the salon isn't just taking a risk for yourself but for your family and everyone you come across as you become an asymptomatic and then symptomatic spreader.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

CommieGIR posted:

Which is pretty much what as going to happen anyways. These bumblefucks think that the economy is just going to jump right into recovering rather than likely continuing its downward slide a bit longer because a significant chunk of the population is jobless.

The economy was already on the downward trend prior to Covid, it was just was the final nail in the coffin.

THE. BIGGEST. NUMBERS.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

I'm glad even almost all the chuds I work with are taking the virus seriously. The only people that aren't are the two whiney fuckers from Alberta who say this is all overblown so Trudeau can consolidate power or something

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Are the other prairie provinces this bad? What the gently caress is it about oil that turns people into raging chuds? I mean I know it's money in general but nothing seems to radicalize them nearly as quickly or go nearly as far.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Sask is fairly chuddy, Manitoba is a bit of a toss up cause of large native populations (Metis and others), BC ain't bad from what I hear but I think it's like Cali where it's liberal in the populated south and chuddy in the north (where the oil stuff is)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Are the other prairie provinces this bad? What the gently caress is it about oil that turns people into raging chuds? I mean I know it's money in general but nothing seems to radicalize them nearly as quickly or go nearly as far.

Oil field pride seems like the perfect mix of xenophobia and toxic masculinity, because men do Big Hard Jobs to make sure the dirty Sauds don't conquer the world. Ironically, their livelihood is still 100% dictated by what OPEC does so maybe the niggling sense of impotence factors in.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Fallom posted:

Oil field pride seems like the perfect mix of xenophobia and toxic masculinity, because men do Big Hard Jobs to make sure the dirty Sauds don't conquer the world. Ironically, their entire livelihood is still 100% dictated by what OPEC does.

Hating the saudis may be the biggest example of you don't have to hand it to them there is.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oktoberfest is off.

My condolences.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Just come to Kitchener, Ontario for the second largest one. It's not cancelled (yet)

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Fallom posted:

Oil field pride seems like the perfect mix of xenophobia and toxic masculinity, because men do Big Hard Jobs to make sure the dirty Sauds don't conquer the world. Ironically, their livelihood is still 100% dictated by what OPEC does so maybe the niggling sense of impotence factors in.

I'm enjoying greatly explaining to very patriotic and brave oil field workers why the US actually cares more about its relationship with the Saudis than it does their job

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Huh, it has been a while since I've seen a poll result that legitimately surprised me.

https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/status/1252611949969498113?s=19

And for non-election poo poo:

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/1252613812416626691?s=19

Thank gently caress these numbers are coming down. loving sucks that it's not a sharp climbdown, but at least it sure seems like poo poo is coming down.

Edit: everyone point and laugh!

https://twitter.com/Robillard/status/1252344635558514689?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 21, 2020

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Georgia and Florida appear to be governed by complete morons.

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1252567764209995776?s=19

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1252622046464479242?s=19

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

Georgia and Florida appear to be governed by complete morons.

You don't say.

https://twitter.com/bethbourdon/status/1252487531117060097?s=20

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

For some reason I'm reminded of the streak eagle's flight profile for time to altitude records...

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Atlanta's hospitals are still full and new cases are flowing in.

These people are idiots.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

This is an amazing bit of terrible law drafting.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Why are Georgia and Florida catching all the heat when Colorado reversed course and did the same thing?

I'm pretty disappointed. Why loving salons, of all things? The governor even made a statement about how people were making their own decision to take a risk going to these places - never mind the risk they're taking for their family and everyone else they'll interact with because they just couldn't go another loving day without a Brazilian blowout.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 21, 2020

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Fallom posted:

Why are Georgia and Florida catching all the heat when Colorado reversed course and did the same thing

I'm pretty disappointed. Why loving salons, of all things? The governor even made a statement about how people were making their own decision to take a risk going to these places - never mind the risk they're taking for their family and everyone else they'll interact with because they just couldn't go another loving day without a Brazilian blowout.

Karen.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Fallom posted:

Why are Georgia and Florida catching all the heat when Colorado reversed course and did the same thing

old white women are livid about not getting their hair done and their husbands are mad about not being able to harass a waiter in weeks

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's extremely reassuring to the employees who will be forced to drop unemployment and return to work that their first batch of clients will be a sampling of the people most likely to infect them.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
CO, GA, and FL will set the example as to why resuming semi-normal functions is a bad idea.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Fallom posted:

It's extremely reassuring to the employees who will be forced to drop unemployment and return to work that their first batch of clients will be a sampling of the people most likely to infect them.

yeah my fiance is a stylist here in Omaha, and while the salon owner has said that everyone's expected to return to work May 12th, no guidance on PPE, or other restrictions have been forthcoming.

The 2nd wave is going to be nuts.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Has anyone found a site that compiles people who publicly speak out against the virus precautions and then, later, get the virus? I only ever see one offs from twitter, no repository of names.

It might be helpful to spam that out on a regular basis for some of my dumber "friends".

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

https://www.talkshitgethit.com/covid

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Atlanta's hospitals are still full and new cases are flowing in.

These people are idiots.

I saw an interview with Atlanta’s mayor and she said the governor didn’t even so much as call her let her know if the changes, let alone hear her opinion considering she holds the most at risk population.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Atlanta suffering is a feature, not a bug for the people who voted for Kemp. Killing the economic engine of the state to own the libs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Covid causes a fever, so you could say....

Atlanta is burning up