Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

My kingdom for a non-lovely mobile idler on iOS.

Have already played spaceplan, soda dungeon, and the mobile ports of dark room, kittens, and Paperclips. Not interested in anything click heavy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

I'm roughly mid-Evil in NGU (At least I think I'm roughly mid-Evil. I'm working my way up to Godmother V3 and Fad-Lands), and while I'm steadily making progress I feel like my EXP isn't where it could be despite not seeing any obvious way to improve it. A round of titan kills gets me roughly 1.6 million EXP and a 24 hour Fruit of Knowledge with the best Ygg equipment I can get gives me roughly 66 million EXP. Does that seem low for where I'm at or is it fine and I'm just being impatient?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

The Fool posted:

Have already played spaceplan, soda dungeon, and the mobile ports of dark room, kittens, and Paperclips. Not interested in anything click heavy.

Realm Grinder? I don't know how :goonsay: it's gotten since the last time I played a couple years ago but I remember enjoying it.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

JavaJesus posted:

I'm roughly mid-Evil in NGU (At least I think I'm roughly mid-Evil. I'm working my way up to Godmother V3 and Fad-Lands), and while I'm steadily making progress I feel like my EXP isn't where it could be despite not seeing any obvious way to improve it. A round of titan kills gets me roughly 1.6 million EXP and a 24 hour Fruit of Knowledge with the best Ygg equipment I can get gives me roughly 66 million EXP. Does that seem low for where I'm at or is it fine and I'm just being impatient?

Seems kinda low, I'm pushing my adv perk to get to godmother v1 and I'm getting 36M from 24hr FoK. Maybe push your evil NGUs? Either that or xp gain really drops off

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Super Jay Mann posted:

Realm Grinder? I don't know how :goonsay: it's gotten since the last time I played a couple years ago but I remember enjoying it.

RG is unplayable on mobile. There are no good builds that work offline at any point in the game.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

The Fool posted:

None as far as I’ve found, sadly. Something about mobile just attracts the worst devs

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

RG is unplayable on mobile. There are no good builds that work offline at any point in the game.
The big issue with RG iirc is that offline and idle aren't the same thing and you have to leave your phone on with the game open to get the 'open in a different browser tab' progress.

However he said he played through Soda Dungeon and that game has the exact same issue. So maybe he doesn't mind?

A lot of idle games on mobile are mindless and super greedy unfortunately. $10 for no ads!?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Out of curiosity, how have you guys been levelling up your energy/magic in NGU once you reach evil?

Towards the end of normal, i basically shifted into a process of gathering exp every 24 hours until i had enough to double my energy power/cap/bars (in that order) before then doing the same for Magic.

It's probably slower but it feels fairly low maintenance when i use the custom purchase inputs. Is that a sustainable model though or is doubling those stats just going to become un-afforable very quickly? Doubling my Energy Cap at the minute is going to cost 19.2M for example, but presumably, after that i'll cost 40M and then 80M and then 160M etc.

I'm assuming my ITPOD progress is going to slow down way before that becomes a feasible approach when i'm needing things like 1.28 Billion exp to double my cap?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Seems pretty inefficient, I just have a bulk purchase set to the 3:75k:2 ratio for both magic and energy and buy enough whenever to roughly keep them to a 3:1 ratio, tho I've been pumping up magic past that a bit to try and push for BB ygg/xp evil NGUs

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~
You should def be buying the three together in an even ratio not chunks of them individually.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Kin posted:

Out of curiosity, how have you guys been levelling up your energy/magic in NGU once you reach evil?

Towards the end of normal, i basically shifted into a process of gathering exp every 24 hours until i had enough to double my energy power/cap/bars (in that order) before then doing the same for Magic.

It's probably slower but it feels fairly low maintenance when i use the custom purchase inputs. Is that a sustainable model though or is doubling those stats just going to become un-afforable very quickly? Doubling my Energy Cap at the minute is going to cost 19.2M for example, but presumably, after that i'll cost 40M and then 80M and then 160M etc.

I'm assuming my ITPOD progress is going to slow down way before that becomes a feasible approach when i'm needing things like 1.28 Billion exp to double my cap?

Before jumping to Evil I made it so my totals would be 1:1 and quickly abandoned that when I needed Energy much more while struggling with the first zones, and then R3 99% of the time after unlocking Hacks. Must have spent XP on E/M three or four times since then, Perks and other boosts do that job just fine.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?

The Fool posted:

Try Armory & Machine? You have the option of watching ads for increased production but they're hidden out of the way and not in intrusive pop ups. The game also didn't feel like it was balanced around them. There's a sequel nearing release as well.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

For some reason I thought A&M was android only and never even tried to find it on iOS. Thanks for that.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Kin posted:

I've been doing this forever and I just got em cap cap so it works and if I'm doing it is probably dumb

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Seems kinda low, I'm pushing my adv perk to get to godmother v1 and I'm getting 36M from 24hr FoK. Maybe push your evil NGUs? Either that or xp gain really drops off

I would concur it seems low, I'm about 1.00+e019 toughnesss short of autokilling Godmother V2 and my FoK yesterday was 76m exp.

Just doublecheck you have all the sources of Ygg Yield you can and work on the Ygg and Exp NGUs I suppose.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Shadowstar posted:

You should def be buying the three together in an even ratio not chunks of them individually.

Why?

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
I think I've hit max frustration on Cavernous. I hit 99.9 mana and then everything fell apart. I can get the area with the coal but the sync action button doesn't work as the tooltip says (my clones don't wait until all of them hit the sync action before progressing) and when I finally got a path that worked I saved it in a queue and now the queue doesn't result in the same outcome that doing it manually did (one of my clones now dies). However even assuming I could get it working properly again I'm not sure what the next steps are. The coal area opens up four iron, which isn't enough to overcome the two Hobgoblins and isn't enough to even build a steel bridge to cross to the other Chieftan (four iron gets the two bridges you need, but not the extra iron to make the steel).

Actually typing this out I think that's enough to get the steel shield which might be enough to beat a Hobgoblin? Otherwise my only other option is to grind out skills so I can earn the extra 5-ish seconds I need to get the 20 gold clone.

nessin fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 21, 2020

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~

Because there’s an optimal ratio for fueling your most important stuff (especially NGUs at that point, I think) that involves maths I don’t understand off the top of my head but it’s laid out in the new player guide on the wiki.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Because more power improves the effect of cap, and more cap improves the effect of power. By dumping all into one at a time you're staggering your gains in a weird step graph instead of a nice quadratic curve.

Also xp that isn't spent is doing zero work for you. The sooner you put it into cap/power/bars the sooner it yields improvements that, one way or another, increase your xp gain even further.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I set up my custom buy buttons so that I can buy ratio appropriate levels of energy and magic power cap and bars all at once every 24 hours.

I just got into evil and am doing 2:1 energy:magic and 2:40k:1 power:cap:bars

No idea if this is even close to optimal, but it works for me and feels like It makes a difference every time I click the buy buttons.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Also xp that isn't spent is doing zero work for you. The sooner you put it into cap/power/bars the sooner it yields improvements that, one way or another, increase your xp gain even further.

this isn't true it's busy accruing so I can continue to have relatively pleasing round numbers. number must go up, but on MY terms

The Fool posted:

I just got into evil and am doing 2:1 energy:magic and 2:40k:1 power:cap:bars

No idea if this is even close to optimal, but it works for me and feels like It makes a difference every time I click the buy buttons.

my cap/pow ratios are "same exp cost" and that's gotten me to endgame so don't sweat it. 2:1 is good around there, sometime in evil you'll go 1:1 and never go back

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
How are you generating such large amounts of XP?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Pope Guilty posted:

How are you generating such large amounts of XP?

24 hour fok + first harvest + fok sucks + compounding magic ngus for exp and ygg

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Because more power improves the effect of cap, and more cap improves the effect of power.

I interpreted his statement as "spend the same amount on energy, magic and r3"

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Chakan posted:

mousing over the production of a resource shows the various bonuses and maluses it has, like morale and mastery. You get .25% mastery for every achievement, and each achievement can be done with restrictions that give you a better “star” for it, up to gold. Mastery scales with the star level as well, gold star achievements give 1.25% mastery.

Thanks!

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Eldercain posted:

this isn't true it's busy accruing so I can continue to have relatively pleasing round numbers. number must go up, but on MY terms

okay cool but your terms have to align with maximum efficiency or the idle game police will come for you. You're going to number jail.

Ineptitude posted:

I interpreted his statement as "spend the same amount on energy, magic and r3"

That probably makes more sense. In that case yeah, all the stats are like critical services in your city of NumberGoUp. Don't underfund your magic department. Even if you're like "I'm dumping into energy because I need my energy-fueled NGUs to go up!", well magic = time machine = gold = gold diggers = better energy NGU digger!

Basically the same principle applies from the cap-power relationship. You should always be looking for the largest relative bang for your xp buck, which pretty much means spending evenly over everything.

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

fingers like strings of walnuts

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
generally speaking upgrading power first and then catching up with capacity/bars will provide more bang for your buck in practical terms

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

my god

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Gotta watch out for that SCUD launcher on the back.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

explosivo posted:

Gotta watch out for that CRUD launcher on the back.

ftfy

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Warhammer 42069

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I’m digging wizard idle

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I've been fiddling with Incremental Epic Hero on Kongregate for the past couple of days, has a decent ramp up in its main mechanics while other systems that have been tacked on in its actively developing state have been marginally ineffective and/or costs go exponential too quickly. Word of advice, either take Warrior or Angel first and dealing loads of damage is far better than defense or sustains.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Sage Grimm posted:

I've been fiddling with Incremental Epic Hero on Kongregate for the past couple of days, has a decent ramp up in its main mechanics while other systems that have been tacked on in its actively developing state have been marginally ineffective and/or costs go exponential too quickly. Word of advice, either take Warrior or Angel first and dealing loads of damage is far better than defense or sustains.

This applies for a while but I can't possibly progress without way more defenses now. Be warned that there's only a couple days worth of content before the forevergrinds for incremental gains set in.

Codedependent
Apr 16, 2020

NGU Cheer Squad
NGU is the best idle game ever made, 4G is a genius, and Musluk is a master artist. Message ends.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I couldn’t get into ngu, I found it too busy and there’s more jokes than my small brain can handle

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I've been wanting to get back into NGU but I have the same issue I have with all other actively developed idlers that if I stop partway through I feel like I've fallen too far behind by the time I want to get back to it :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Being behind in NGU is great, it means you progress real fast because you can take advantage of new features that weren't added yet when that content was originally added.

It's far better than some other idle games where your progress is actually slower if you get to content late, because the developer nerfed the best way to get through it, and you don't unlock any new stuff to compensate for that nerf until after you've beaten the current obstacle.