Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
is that just 800 words to say "i'm entitled to my opinion"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Homeless Friend posted:

goddamn hes D&D as hell

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Atrocious Joe posted:

of all the potential left criticism of early Bolshevik rule that guy referenced this idealist quote

this feels like a speech given by an anti-vaxxer

edit: if this is the wrong Bakunin quote tell me. I haven't read much of him so I grabbed the first hit off libcom.

in this moment i am euphoric; not because of any phony 'states' blessing, but because i am enlightened by my own intelligence

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
:gb2gbs:

need this but for D&D

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Also, "no YOU shut the gently caress up, dad"

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

GalacticAcid posted:

:gb2gbs:

need this but for D&D

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
in the matter of revolution, he should refer to the authority of the communist

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Ferrinus posted:

in the matter of revolution, he should refer to the authority of the communist

Why trust a boot maker with no boots?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

why trust a non-bootmaker to make boots? :colbert:

wait what are the boots again

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Communism

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hmmm

yeah trust the bootmakers, they’ll get it right sooner or later :thermidor:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

lol i'd just head the first sentence quoted, which i liked as a good one-liner, but it gets way dumber from there

bakunin in a nutshell

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

dex_sda posted:

bakunin in a nutshell

Well, and also virulent antisemitism.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Going to have body armor made out of a dozen copies of Marx's Kapital for the revolution

https://twitter.com/wrkclasshistory/status/1252601436032073728?s=19

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

got another poor sap

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Prince Myshkin posted:

Well, and also virulent antisemitism.

I've been misattributing it to Kropotkin just since he was way less of an rear end in a top hat afaict

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

I've been misattributing it to Kropotkin just since he was way less of an rear end in a top hat afaict

more or less yeah

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

T-man posted:

right, you don't want to trust anarchists because they have never prosecuted or defended a revolution

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvuu5l7GZ8Y

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

gotta become admin now to get the proper color in

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Ferrinus posted:

right, you don't want to trust anarchists because they have never prosecuted or defended a revolution

How's the ussr doing these days? I hear good, since the death camps must have worked to root out all the insidious (((kulacks))) and gays

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

T-man posted:

How's the ussr doing these days? I hear good, since the death camps must have worked to root out all the insidious (((kulacks))) and gays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX-FMvt83fA&t=49s

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

T-man posted:

yea it sucks there now because it’s not the ussr anymore

any other dumb questions

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

T-man posted:

it's EXTREMELY antisemitic to criticize people for hoarding and reselling hand sanitizer actually,

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

now it's a hyper-capitalist hellscape where everything is for sale, and gangs & oligarchs run everything

hold on were you asking about the US or the USSR

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

T-man posted:

Ughhh off to the gulag with this pig

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Honestly surprised that I have never seen the liquidation of the kulaks conflated with the later Doctor's plot before that post.

The Ukrainian nationalists who are at the forefront of all the discussions of land collectivization and famine don't want to be confused with Jews, even if it's in a way that smears soviet leadership.

Looking around online at this a little, I did find this tangential piece of terrible liberalism from Ta-nehisi Coates writing about Bloodlands

quote:

We are taught that World War II was a battle between good guys and bad guys. I came out of that notion some years ago. But there's a difference between feeling something to be generally true, and being confronted with it in all the detail. It really is chaos out there. It's always been chaos out there.
https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/01/grappling-with-holodomor/282816/

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

T-man posted:

the ussr was killed 3 decades ago.

Are there any good examples of contemporary anarchist countries and their response to a crisis like the pandemic compared to say Cuba?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Or Vietnam

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
or an easier question: has an anarchist revolution or anarchist revolutionary movement ever succeeded

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

or an easier question: has an anarchist revolution or anarchist revolutionary movement ever succeeded

the united states of america.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/dailyremarx/status/1252680283503169537

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Atrocious Joe posted:

Honestly surprised that I have never seen the liquidation of the kulaks conflated with the later Doctor's plot before that post.

The Ukrainian nationalists who are at the forefront of all the discussions of land collectivization and famine don't want to be confused with Jews, even if it's in a way that smears soviet leadership.

Looking around online at this a little, I did find this tangential piece of terrible liberalism from Ta-nehisi Coates writing about Bloodlands

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/01/grappling-with-holodomor/282816/

jesus christ

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the american left needs a huey long

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Dreylad posted:

the american left needs a huey long

isn’t... Huey long the american Huey long?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
maybe im too dumb to understand anarchism, but if the goal is to have a bunch of autonomous decentralized sub units:

-whats the ideal size of one, and how would it practically function different from a state (even a municipal or city state)
- what's the mechanism to stop them competing with each other and one or a few hogging resources to the detriment of others
- how do they coordinate things that require pooled resources and centralized planning like climate change or pandemics