Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

There’s never enough mustard. :glomp:

Matt Ryan in that gif was hoping for a little less mustard on that stiffarm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Chilichimp posted:

Matt Ryan in that gif was hoping for a little less mustard on that stiffarm.

Matt Ryan considers all mustard spicy.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fartknocker posted:

Matt Ryan considers all mustard spicy.

That would explain his distaste for the Carolina Panthers.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Darth Brooks posted:

For other content, here are some variants of the Rams logo I've been working on. Like any of them? (Click for bigger)

I like 1-1 and 2-1 the best.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I'm going to have to figure out all the ones that people like and put together a final version. Not that it's going to make a bit of difference. The team front office is pretty much on record as not making the team, or even the identity as the Rams the focus of the logo redesign. They want to make something that people would wear even if they had no interest in the team.

https://lastwordonprofootball.com/2020/03/31/reason-behind-los-angeles-rams-logo/

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
My favorite TMM was from the Hernandez trial, when he corrected the prosecutor on the year of the rental SUV

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Darth Brooks posted:

...The team front office is pretty much on record as not making the team, or even the identity as the Rams the focus of the logo redesign. They want to make something that people would wear even if they had no interest in the team.

https://lastwordonprofootball.com/2020/03/31/reason-behind-los-angeles-rams-logo/

I hate everything about the city of L.A., but the Rams have been my team since I was a kid when they were in L.A., and then I followed them to StL. I'm too invested in the team now to change.

That article makes me hang my head in shame. gently caress!!

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Apr 3, 2020

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Flikken posted:

My favorite TMM was from the Hernandez trial, when he corrected the prosecutor on the year of the rental SUV

Given how that case was revealed over time, there was a very nonzero chance that was not a joke

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Darth Brooks posted:

For other content, here are some variants of the Rams logo I've been working on. Like any of them? (Click for bigger)

C1 and C2 are my favorites.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
TMM will always be Eagles strips for me. TB did great work during the Chip Kelly era.

I'm legit shocked no one else is liking the Golden Ram. That poo poo pops.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I like A3 and B5

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

I like A3 and B5

B5? There are only 3 rows.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Going consensus (and my gut) this is where I'm at. Someone suggested making the ram either angrier or emotionless. Ironically, the bottom right one is looking the most like a real NFL logo.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Darth Brooks posted:

Going consensus (and my gut) this is where I'm at. Someone suggested making the ram either angrier or emotionless. Ironically, the bottom right one is looking the most like a real NFL logo.

Makes me think of Space Ghost a bit. :)

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Makes me think of Space Ghost a bit. :)

Needs a hit song about a knife.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Darth Brooks posted:

I like the bottom left one the best.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I like the bottom left one the best.

Same, although bottom right would be a good throwback/alternate option.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I fixed the shape of the head and some shading that bugged me and put it on different color backgrounds. The changes got rid of the downward penis for good.

The spot where the brow shadow hits the grey kinda bugs me. Even so I think it's miles beyond the real one.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
just comparing their logo and your logo on the same field with the same colors... yours is superior in every way.

It's night and day.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Darth Brooks posted:

I fixed the shape of the head and some shading that bugged me and put it on different color backgrounds. The changes got rid of the downward penis for good.

The spot where the brow shadow hits the grey kinda bugs me. Even so I think it's miles beyond the real one.

I like the bottom left the best.

Chilichimp posted:

just comparing their logo and your logo on the same field with the same colors... yours is superior in every way.

It's night and day.

100%

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

The leftmost logos are the same, the idea is to show how it would be used on different backgrounds. The right two are the same idea. I know there's zero chance the Rams would use this but I wonder about contacting all the highs schools that use "Rams" in their name and seeing if any want to buy the design.

I want to do a 3-D version kinda like this,

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I like the bottom left the best.

100%

Like, I just want to tweet them with his twitter handle, screaming, "CONTACT THIS MAN!"

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Chilichimp posted:

Like, I just want to tweet them with his twitter handle, screaming, "CONTACT THIS MAN!"

Pretty much.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Anything you can do, go ahead and do. I'm really bad at self promotion.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Darth Brooks posted:

Anything you can do, go ahead and do. I'm really bad at self promotion.

What's your twitter handle?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I really don't use it but this is it. https://twitter.com/Darthbrooks

I went ahead and loaded the pic on Twitter for context.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Just change your display name to like Logos guy or something and hashtag the team and you'll have 50k followers in a month.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I literally have no idea how to add a hashtag to an image. The twit in chief convinced me to stay away from Twitter and I'm behind on things.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Apr 21, 2020

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Probably just add the team account so like @RamsNFL should do it. That'll make it show up in any searches someone does on that account, and get randomly seeded into people who follow lots of Rams stuff's feed.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Darth Brooks posted:

I literally have no idea how to add a hashtag to an image. The twit in chief convinced me to stay away from Twitter and I'm behind on things.

Behind on twitter, ahead on living a meaningful, productive, and good life.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Is anyone taking requests?

I shared the news (on FB) about the Bears declining Trooby's 5th year option, to which my boomer dad replied "Good Grief" and I wondering if someone can do the Peanuts sequence where Lucy pulls the ball away from Charlie Brown attempting to kick, except Charlie Brown is the tittiekisser.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Gentlemen if we are lucky Sandwich Montoya might have a career change and a return to the spotlight

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Gentlemen if we are lucky Sandwich Montoya might have a career change and a return to the spotlight

:hmmyes:

Ryed or die, po'boys 4 lyfe

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Edit: Wrong thread.

Edit 2: as penance, have this image of lord and savior Nick "Big Saint Dicholas" Foles.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 11, 2020

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Quiet Feet posted:

Edit 2: as penance, have this image of lord and savior Nick "Big Saint Dicholas" Foles.

this is pure gold, sir.

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something

Quiet Feet posted:

My favorite part is absolutely the flames, well done

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

One of the defunct NFL teams I made logos and unis for was the New York Yanks. They're kinda the middle awful team in a whole lot of awful teams that followed one after another. I want to go back through the ones I first did and put them in this new format and also fix some stuff. I didn't like the logo for the Yanks. It looked more like an "M" than an NY.

I also changed the color to a deep blue that's reminiscent of police dress uniforms to go with a strong contrasting white.

Not brought up yet, but Man, the Rams uni's are an awful collection of bad ideas.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Darth Brooks posted:

One of the defunct NFL teams I made logos and unis for was the New York Yanks. They're kinda the middle awful team in a whole lot of awful teams that followed one after another. I want to go back through the ones I first did and put them in this new format and also fix some stuff. I didn't like the logo for the Yanks. It looked more like an "M" than an NY.

I also changed the color to a deep blue that's reminiscent of police dress uniforms to go with a strong contrasting white.

Not brought up yet, but Man, the Rams uni's are an awful collection of bad ideas.

I love the NY you have going on here. You could legit sell that on the streets today and make money.

Maybe make a spin on the I <3 NY thing?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

A couple more of the teams. I think there's only the Detroit Heralds left of the original NFL teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Here's the Detroit team. I changed colors because I realized how many of these were red and white.

They played a couple of seasons. They also had the least professional letterhead I've ever seen.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 30, 2020