Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

charlie kirk/benny johnson visit north korea challenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Feldegast42 posted:

I mean he was doomed, he died of something that he probably caught there

Doesn't really excuse him from the Darwin Awards though

Certainly not funny, but there's a good longform piece on Warmbier, which argues convincingly that his condition was probably the result of a bungled suicide attempt.

Back to the topic: there was the case where a protester swore at an (Australian?) politician, calling him a "loving rear end in a top hat". The politician sued for defamation but lost the case after the court ruled it was "legitimate political comment".

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Tulip posted:

Jesse Helms, by our own autopsy-turvey
It's not quite Hunter S Thompson's eulogy for Richard Nixon, but it's up there.

AnoHito posted:

It happened because the Germans screwed over the French because the French screwed over the Germans because the French screwed over the French because the French screwed over the British because the British screwed over the French because the Austrians screwed over the...

Isn't Europe just so enlightened and civilized?
european history is a constantly filling powder keg that explodes into violence in direct proportion to how long it's been since someone invaded poland.

chairface posted:

It is, we tried that a month ago to prop up oil prices.
Forget the strategic oil reserve, the whole world is over 70% of storage capacity and the negative price of oil futures reflects the fact that tanker ship and pipeline operators are being paid to not deliver oil.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

nonathlon posted:

Back to the topic: there was the case where a protester swore at an (Australian?) politician, calling him a "loving rear end in a top hat". The politician sued for defamation but lost the case after the court ruled it was "legitimate political comment".

it was tony abbott, and he was called a oval office.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/joshtaylor/he-didnt-stand-in-front-of-this-sign

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The Trump "impeachment"

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

steinrokkan posted:

The Trump "impeachment"

Biden is going to get impeached and removed from office by what his son did in Ukraine rofl

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Feldegast42 posted:

Biden is going to get impeached and removed from office by what his son did in Ukraine rofl

Biden will have alzheimer's so hard by then that they can't impeach him for that because he won't know he had a son. Can't be impeached for a child you don't remembers actions.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

ah yes, single jeopardy

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
In response to Sir Winston Turnbull shouting in parliament: “I am a Country member”

“I remember,” replied Whitlam, to applause from both sides of the aisle.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

mooyashi posted:

In response to Sir Winston Turnbull shouting in parliament: “I am a Country member”

“I remember,” replied Whitlam, to applause from both sides of the aisle.

Not a lot of good has come from auspol but that accounts for most of it.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
trump vs the highschoolers, the entire thing.

i woulda charged in there, gun or no :smugdon:

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

That's it. Australian politics is a very special genre.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
The ground Arlington National Cemetery is built on was Robert E. Lee's family plantation until the union confiscated it

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
That's one of those small "God's mill grinds slow but sure" victories. He might've been directly/indirectly responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths, but the union got his farm and he spent the rest of his life unsuccessfully trying to have his citizenship restored.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Jeff Sessions.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Animal-Mother posted:

Jeff Sessions.

I remember I was looking up some legal cases from last year and one of them had Sessions as a named party. Had a little chuckle @ remembering how excited he seemed to finally land DoJ and how that panned out for him

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Kamala Harris carpetbagging in Iowa and then dropping out before the primary lol

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Volcott posted:

That's one of those small "God's mill grinds slow but sure" victories. He might've been directly/indirectly responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths, but the union got his farm and he spent the rest of his life unsuccessfully trying to have his citizenship restored.

There is a sad ending to this though -- eventually the government had to pay out to his ancestors for the land:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington_Custis_Lee

After a 5-4 decision stating that the government improperly took the land, of course.

Also fun fact -- Marbury vs. Madison was the first time SCOTUS overturned a law for being against the constitution, establishing judicial review. Want to know what the second time they did that was? Dredd Scott.

Feldegast42 has issued a correction as of 21:17 on Apr 22, 2020

El Pipila
Dec 30, 2006
I am invincible; I have a stone on my back!
Putin chasing Gary Kasparov with a peniscopter

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

2nd amendment solutions

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Filthy Hans posted:

2nd amendment solutions

trump saying the obvious out loud always owns

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Mr. Lobe posted:

Kamala Harris carpetbagging in Iowa and then dropping out before the primary lol

the "k-hive"

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Which is apparently in the middle of a doctrinal conflict over whether they'll vote for Joe! if he doesn't make Kamala his VP.

Mr. Kurtz
Feb 22, 2007

Here comes the hurdy gurdy man.
During the water wars over the Colorado River, the Arizona governor deployed the equivalent of the Arizona National Guard against California, which itself is pretty funny, but if I remember correctly those same troops had to later be rescued by Californians.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Homeless Friend posted:

trump saying the obvious out loud always owns

it was Sarah Palin but your point stands

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

a million renditions of Bohemian Rhapsody with Anthony Scaramucci's name replacing Scaramouche

they all sucked

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Filthy Hans posted:

it was Sarah Palin but your point stands

bah one word off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoX3JJECCaU&t=11s

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

nonathlon posted:

That's it. Australian politics is a very special genre.

Tony Abbott munching on a raw onion

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1253137700095393792?s=19

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Trashman posted:

Tony Abbott munching on a raw onion

my grandma does this

she's pushing 90

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
i have eaten a raw onion out of hand before but it was mostly desperation

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
also the look on my roommate's face when he came home to that made it worth it

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnC8xGGEPRM

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
CNN's leaked Dick Cheney obituary which referred to him as "the U.K.'s favorite grandmother".

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
:stare:

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

drat if only we were warned delonas was scum

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Wtf is that even supposed to be

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
^
l
l
victim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

the one he drew the day before had those demmycrat thugs driveby shooting kavanaugh

so in that one they're raping his corpse, in case that wasn't clear