Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Fists Up posted:

I bought one of those fancy Aeron chairs from a place that seems to clear out offices when they're being renovated. Was a $1000 chair that I got for about $200 and it was the former property of suncorp according to a sticker on the bottom. I figure they should last 10-15 years plus so if it's just a couple of years old I'll be good and I know that those big corporates don't hold on to that stuff for long anyway.

I want one of these and I regret not getting one last year when I got a new chair. Little did I know I'd be spending so much time in this uncomfortable one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

My ikea chair I bought a few years ago is still going pretty strong.

:same: The reclining resistance is just a little bit too low but other than that I'd call it a good'un.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

And can you tell me, doctor, why I still can’t get a test?
And the woolies’ just a jungle with cunts fighting over bread?
I’ve got this cough that comes and goes, and can you spare me some tp?
God help me
I’ve got COVID-19

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Bill Posters posted:

:same: The reclining resistance is just a little bit too low but other than that I'd call it a good'un.

I tend to just set the recline and then leave it at that setting cause I’m lazy

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Some guy outside has been running a concrete saw all morning and at first I was kind of pissed off but then I looked out the window and he's obviously putting in a bollard so that arsehole with the huge 4WD can't park his huge arsehole 4WD on the disabled car park space anymore.

A bit like this:

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Thats a tall bollard

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Used to have a storeman that was always getting bollards installed on the dock like how did you even get the authority to do this

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The physio is finally open again, I am so jacked up, it turns out I need physiotherapy to live as a normal human. Right now I am a rusty robot. The irony is that he is gonna give me the coronavirus, which I will in turn give to my elderly parents and kill them.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I like the word bollard, very woody word.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Once worked with a lady so wide shed get stuck between bollards and had to squeeze through

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Visible Stink posted:

And can you tell me, doctor, why I still can’t get a test?
And the woolies’ just a jungle with cunts fighting over bread?
I’ve got this cough that comes and goes, and can you spare me some tp?
God help me
I’ve got COVID-19

stealing this to post to facebook when I inevitably catch the 'roni

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I'm uncomfortable with immovable bollards, give me a nice set of nightclub stainless steel bollards with a red rope between em any day

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
In addition to bollards, I also like witch's hats.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
There is supposed to be minimum space allowed for disabled parking, to stop people loving over wheelchair loading etc

Its def a pet peeve if people screw over these spots

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Bad news for all the bollard fan out there, it looks like it's just another drainage hole.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Bad news for all the bollard fan out there, it looks like it's just another drainage hole.

'scuse me just gonna go drain my bollards

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Brazen thief found!

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/crime/traffic-cones-stolen-in-bizarre-roadside-theft-south-of-perth-ng-b881524691z

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I'm baaaack.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Lolie posted:

I'm baaaack.

don't worry, burt will be back to probe you for no good reason. he always finds a way.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

quote:

A recent study has found that COVID-19 is still evident in your eyes even after the virus has left your respiratory system.

Researchers made the discovery when looking at the first confirmed case in Italy.

The 65-year-old woman had flown from Wuhan, China to Italy on January 23.

Days later, she noticed symptoms of COVID-19, which included a dry cough, sore throat inflammation of the mucous membrane in the nose and conjunctivitis.
She was admitted to hospital and diagnosed with coronavirus the next day.

A few days later, her symptoms worsened, and she developed a fever and began vomiting.

Doctors took a swab sample from her eye and found evidence of the virus in her eyes.

"SARS-CoV-2 RNA was detected in ocular swabs days after it was undetectable in nasal swabs," researchers wrote in a report, published on April 17 in the journal Annals of Internal Medicine.

They found that ocular fluid from infected patients may contain the virus and could be a potential source of infection.
Researchers believe the infection may begin developing in a person's eyes before any physical symptoms begin to show, and measures should be implemented as early as possible to prevent transmission via the eyes.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/coronavirus-infection-can-survive-in-eyes-days-after-nose-research-finds/6426dbc9-1baa-405e-a97e-5d3eb0c2c547

Welp.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

there go my weekend plans

Only registered members can see post attachments!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Caesar Saladin posted:

The physio is finally open again, I am so jacked up, it turns out I need physiotherapy to live as a normal human. Right now I am a rusty robot. The irony is that he is gonna give me the coronavirus, which I will in turn give to my elderly parents and kill them.

man have you tried acupuncture? It’s weird but if you’re tight at all it can help. It made the (very big, i assure you) muscles in my back feel like they were deflating. Those small (for everyone else mine are huge) muscles beneath the shoulder blade were super tight and it’s impossible to get in there solo. One pin and my entire back felt like it melted.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

What the gently caress man.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

well why not posted:

man have you tried acupuncture? It’s weird but if you’re tight at all it can help. It made the (very big, i assure you) muscles in my back feel like they were deflating. Those small (for everyone else mine are huge) muscles beneath the shoulder blade were super tight and it’s impossible to get in there solo. One pin and my entire back felt like it melted.

He's had good results with proper physio.
You may have gotten relief from acupuncture for your problem, but there's very little data to support any real effect from acupuncture so recommending it to people with completely different issues is not useful

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I want an aeron chair but I saw that they're averaging $700 on gumtree rip

Left my phone at home all day while working in the office, gently caress me, Lolie gets probed?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

EoinCannon posted:

He's had good results with proper physio.
You may have gotten relief from acupuncture for your problem, but there's very little data to support any real effect from acupuncture so recommending it to people with completely different issues is not useful

No doubt it’s a not as effective as Real Physio. I’m not wholeheartedly recommending I’m just shari f that it helped me out. It’s not like I get a cheque here. It just made my shoulder and back pain go from a 6 to a 2.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

coronavirus is stored in the eyes

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Proud to witness a once a decade Lolie probation tbqh.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

well why not posted:

Proud to witness a once a decade Lolie probation tbqh.

I hope I'm still around to get probated 10 years from now.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Lolie posted:

I hope I'm still around to get probated 10 years from now.

Same buddy

re cone theft

Proper road cones were 75 bucks a pop when I was a traffic controller, esp if they had a rubber base.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

well why not posted:

No doubt it’s a not as effective as Real Physio. I’m not wholeheartedly recommending I’m just shari f that it helped me out. It’s not like I get a cheque here. It just made my shoulder and back pain go from a 6 to a 2.

I haven't done acupuncture but my physio has done actual needling which is based more on bleeding your muscles to stimulate healing and not like, meridian lines. It helped a bit but what I really just need is a muscly dude poking me really hard and hurting me with the occasional chiro move, and then a serious yoga routine. The combination of those two seems to be the trick for me.

This dude today crunched me like a motherfucker, it was revelatory after months of being unable to go.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The trouble with Physios is it requires you, the patient to actually follow instructions and do the exercise whereas all the homeopathic crystal healing poo poo like acupuncture, chiropractic medicine and reflexology is just hocus pocus bullshit with some massage thrown in and makes people feel good - instant gratification.

but whatever works ya know.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'll say that using chiro as a magical source to fix other weird ailments isn't a thing, but a trained and certified physio cracking your back free your ribs that are gripping to your spine is definitely something that works.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kharnifex posted:

The trouble with Physios is it requires you, the patient to actually follow instructions and do the exercise whereas all the homeopathic crystal healing poo poo like acupuncture, chiropractic medicine and reflexology is just hocus pocus bullshit with some massage thrown in and makes people feel good - instant gratification.

It's exactly this, physio programs can be difficult and long but give lasting results

Usually if acupuncture gives a positive result it's confirmation bias and the problem was not severe or structural and was getting better on its own. You do hear anecdotes of it changing lives though.

I've just finished a year long physio programs to repair achilles tendonitis, almost pain free and I'm running 70k a week so the weight program has conditioned the hell out of the tendon, even surgery doesn't work that we'll, it's quicker and easier though

My physio would massage me each session but I think it was just so I didn't feel ripped off paying a hundred bucks for a 5min chat and 10mins of watching me move around

EoinCannon fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Apr 22, 2020

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The thing about physio, is that it hurts real bad and it totally sucks, but its really the only way to go if you want to fix longstanding problems after an injury or surgery. It really is awful though.

the cool posts kid
Jul 24, 2007

one time, after a big night on the piss, i kicked a witches hat at a newly installed taxi rank. turned out, it was placed over a newly installed, very short bollard. it took years for my foot to stop hurting constantly

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Does anyone remember a kids talking book (i.e. book on tape) series that had a B side with all weird zany children's songs?
The one we had was "The Magic Circus Mirror" and the songs I remember were "I Threw My Boomerang", "Fish and Chips", and for some reason it may have had a cover of "Silver and Gold"?!?

Google/Youtube is no help obviously.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Hey Maxe, I own a medium format enlarger now and we can make your dreams a reality.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Does it also play in limp biscuit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin' (that film)