Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The AFC South Division Champion of 2019 will be...
This poll is closed.
Houtson 29 31.18%
Indianapolis 25 26.88%
Jacksonville 22 23.66%
Tennessee 17 18.28%
Total: 93 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1251633833432113152

What's the deal with Fournette?

pre:
Year	Games-Played  RshAttmpts  RshYds/Attempt  Fumbles
2017     13           249	  3.9	   1
2018      8	      133	  3.3	   0
2019     15           265	  4.3	   1
2020     ??
pre:
Year	  Contract $Mil
2017          4.9
2018          6.1
2019          7.4
2020          8.6
He had about ~14th best Rush Yards among RBs that saw over~200 snaps.

Is he worth that $8.6mil? He was a monster in college, are his stats bad because there's no passing threat? lovely OL? Fournette is just kind of meh?

At this point I'd be fine if the Hawks used a fifth on him. But if they used anything higher it'd be meh, just grab whatever mid/late round RB you want and chances are they will be adequate.

PS: My first time using the table feature and it is janky, is there any easy way to do it other than fiddling with spaces?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1251633833432113152

What's the deal with Fournette?

pre:
Year	Games-Played  RshAttmpts  RshYds/Attempt  Fumbles
2017     13           249	  3.9	   1
2018      8	      133	  3.3	   0
2019     15           265	  4.3	   1
2020     ??
pre:
Year	  Contract $Mil
2017          4.9
2018          6.1
2019          7.4
2020          8.6
He had about ~14th best Rush Yards among RBs that saw over~200 snaps.

Is he worth that $8.6mil? He was a monster in college, are his stats bad because there's no passing threat? lovely OL? Fournette is just kind of meh?

At this point I'd be fine if the Hawks used a fifth on him. But if they used anything higher it'd be meh, just grab whatever mid/late round RB you want and chances are they will be adequate.

PS: My first time using the table feature and it is janky, is there any easy way to do it other than fiddling with spaces?

A lot of things. He doesn't consistently stay in shape, his running style leads to him being banged up a lot, the offense in Jacksonville didn't do him any favors and he loving hated Tom Coughlin so he probably wasn't exactly trying his hardest anyway.

If he's healthy and motivated he can be very good, because he is a physical freak. But he hasn't been healthy and motivated very often in J'Ville.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The jags don't have a good oline or qb or oc and he isn't super elusive so he's not dancing his way out of jams. That's pretty much it

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Shopping Fournette is the smartest thing the Jags have done in 2 years

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Fournette is a funny, cool dude but he was a bad pick and if they can get a ham sandwich for him I'm down

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Fournette might be a decent rb, but he's stuck on the wrong team. The Jags have had the most success when they spread out and ran zone, but Fournette seems to work best running vertically with power and inside traps.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
here have some drama unrelated to the Texans for once

https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/status/1252283403782819847

https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/status/1252284901937811457

https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/status/1252286570977210373

https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/status/1252293194563440640

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1252293363866513408

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Why would he give a gently caress about the price?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Why would he give a gently caress about the price?
the more he acts up, the less valuable he becomes, the more likely the Jaguars say "gently caress it, hold out if you want" if they can't get desired compensation

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If Antonio Brown has taught us anything it is, nope he hasn't taught us anything. Hire him to be your publicist and you will get cut really quick though.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

It worked for Brown. He just messed it up by being a sex pest.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I can't believe the AB drama was just last year. I feel like decades have passed since then.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Remember the video of him just yelling FREEEEEE over and over like the dumbest motherfucker alive and then he turned out to be a rapist
Good times

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Marin Karin posted:

I can't believe the AB drama was just last year. I feel like decades have passed since then.

Legitimately thought this was years ago before seeing this post.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I am thankful that I get to root for cool WR DeAndre Hopkins in good conscience

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Very excited to see deshaun Watson in a steelers uniform or some bullshit next year

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
It's awesome that my man Kyler has an elite wr now

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Very excited to see deshaun Watson in a steelers uniform or some bullshit next year

Colts.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Yes please.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

:getin:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

My god, it’s beautiful. The ultimate BoB move...

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Still hoping we sign clowney

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Colts gonna get Ngakoue for a 3rd rounder after the Jags keep loving this up.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
lolling at the jag drafting another 1st round defender

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

texans did a galaxy brain move by not having any first round picks so they can't embarrass themselves wasting it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol another one

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Marin Karin posted:

texans did a galaxy brain move by not having any first round picks so they can't embarrass themselves wasting it

The funny thing is the GM that BOB forced out almost never missed on first round picks

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I think the Jags draft was bland and inoffensive

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
WE GOT A FATTY

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/1253532340787306496

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

titans, bitch

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Intruder posted:

The funny thing is the GM that BOB forced out almost never missed on first round picks

yeah even the biggest rick smith hater had to say "he's great in the first round at least" if they wanted to retain any credibility. simpler times :sigh:

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Can't believe the Colts got hosed by the Packers of all teams.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

EvilBeard posted:

Can't believe the Colts got hosed by the Packers of all teams.

I honestly don't think Love was ever in their plans. If you expect 3 QBs to go in the top 10 and you look at the consensus QB4 as your franchise guy, you don't trade out of 13th overall. I know Rappaport was talking about how he believes the Colts were talking to the Seahawks about trading up, but the plugged-in local guys are saying the trade-up talk was not about a QB.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

ShakeZula posted:

I honestly don't think Love was ever in their plans. If you expect 3 QBs to go in the top 10 and you look at the consensus QB4 as your franchise guy, you don't trade out of 13th overall. I know Rappaport was talking about how he believes the Colts were talking to the Seahawks about trading up, but the plugged-in local guys are saying the trade-up talk was not about a QB.

The buzz since the Combine was that the Colts were all in on Love. I just think they didn't want to reach for him and give up too much for a project. If he slid into R2, I think they'd have snapped him up in a second.

I think they still might grab Hurts or Fromm here tonight.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

The buzz since the Combine was that the Colts were all in on Love. I just think they didn't want to reach for him and give up too much for a project. If he slid into R2, I think they'd have snapped him up in a second.

I think they still might grab Hurts or Fromm here tonight.

It's definitely possible they would've taken him if he fell to the second, but that's more of a value/upside thing than a "gotta have this guy" thing (in fact that exact thing happened to me in the goon draft). As for the buzz, I never really got that sense coming from the team itself, mostly just beat guys and bloggers connecting the dots and trying to talk themselves into Love. Again, with Ballard the actions speak louder than words, and you don't trade away a top 15 pick if you're "all in" on a future franchise QB that's 90% going to be there for your pick and maybe 10% going to be there for your next pick.

I do expect them to go QB in the third, whether it's Fromm or Hurts or somebody like Anthony Gordon.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Love is not good you should be happy

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I am not sad about not getting Love

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU