Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Hirez posted:

no Alexa Bliss by Bowling for Soup?!

same exact song as slow chemical by the same band

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrPWkIRWY9U

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

bartok posted:

Besides we all know Slow Chemical from Finger Eleven would win hands down.
Slow Chemical was basically commissioned by WWE; Discogs only has the song appearing on international versions of Forceable Entry before it showed up on the Punisher soundtrack.

And even the Punisher soundtrack's status as a non-wrestling release is supsect, when you read down the tracklist and notice how much material has shown up in WWE in some form.

Yes I know too much about early/mid-2000's buttrock.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

bartok posted:

Besides we all know Regular Pussy from Favored Nations would win hands down.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Why even have a vote when this exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJZp6awlL58

and for those still checking; https://twitter.com/IsTestStillDead/status/1216284087092047872

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Not updated since January? That doesn't tell me poo poo

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

He's in full quarantine hopefully

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i suppose it's cheating to link this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBtGFaa0idY

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

JERICHO PLAYIN' GAMES WITH YOUR CODPIECE

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

:hai:

jesus WEP posted:

haven't seen this one in a minute, it makes me so happy

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

the Woodstock 99 version of "Seek and Destroy" Sting used would obviously win.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

does south korea have any type of wrestling scene? i never hear about anything occurring there.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Hirez posted:

Pretty girl put your hand in my buttcheek!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
It seems a shame that there aren't any wild cards in the tournament, some sort of unexpected surprise entrant that would dramatically change the brackets, some sort of... je ne sais quoi everyone would have to deal with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFffg_Wt9HM

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I know you hate X-Factor, but you ain't gotta look at me like that.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

OFFICER LIGER posted:

does south korea have any type of wrestling scene? i never hear about anything occurring there.

Yeah the company is called New Korea Pro Wrestling. They sometimes cross promote with Land's End in Japan and I think the All Asia Heavyweight title (like the original one) ended up there after The Bodyguard dropped it.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

jesus WEP posted:

That's loving epic.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Shine posted:

Pretty girl put your hand in my buttcheek!

Here we go eatin' jam with your corn flakes!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Hirez posted:

A song that resulted in the injury of a WWE superstar is automatically disqualified.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I dunno if it's supposed to be older themes but I like Sami Zayn's, Becky Lynch and of course Bobby Roode and Shinsuke Nakamura. I wonder how all those got left off.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

My dude did you even look at group F

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
What's that drop to the knees walk thing Chuck Taylor does? I've seen somebody else do it recently as well and I can't think who.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

What's that drop to the knees walk thing Chuck Taylor does? I've seen somebody else do it recently as well and I can't think who.

The Butcher!

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

looking back, the BBB introduction is amazing in retrospect. Almost anytime an unknown shows up, I always think back to ITS THE BLADE, ITS THE BUTCHER!!! THE BLADE!! AND THE BUTCHER!!!! :lol:

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Something we did in wrestling practice when I was a kid, for one, might be where they got it from. Presumable good for shooting single legs and such.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hirez posted:

looking back, the BBB introduction is amazing in retrospect. Almost anytime an unknown shows up, I always think back to ITS THE BLADE, ITS THE BUTCHER!!! THE BLADE!! AND THE BUTCHER!!!! :lol:

THAT'S NOT CICLOPE, THAT'S THE BLADE! AND THE BUTCHER!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the knee drop thing also requires a surprising amount of cardio to keep going

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

flatluigi posted:

the knee drop thing also requires a surprising amount of cardio to keep going

Back in the distant dawn of time because he was the knock out elbow man but instead an overly flamboyant & goofy prick, Chris Hero would do that walk around the ring as a taunt.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a couple of different things are being misconstrued/misremembered as the same thing. one of them is a sad little child's duck walk and the other is a military exercise that is illegal to do if you didn't pass marine training

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Why did WWF get rid of the North American title in favor of the Intercontinental title? If they already had the NA title at the time, why did they need to pretend there was a South American title/tournament to unify it?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

one day on a flight (pre-private jet) vince heard someone talking about intercontinental hotels group and really liked the word intercontinental.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That's so Vince it has to be true.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sticklefifer posted:

Why did WWF get rid of the North American title in favor of the Intercontinental title? If they already had the NA title at the time, why did they need to pretend there was a South American title/tournament to unify it?

If I had to guess I'd say because Vince thought "North American Title" sounded too much like a small territories thing. This is based on zero research or knowledge.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

It seems a shame that there aren't any wild cards in the tournament, some sort of unexpected surprise entrant that would dramatically change the brackets, some sort of... je ne sais quoi everyone would have to deal with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFffg_Wt9HM

Surely one of the most inconsequential stables of all time. Just... what was the point?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Answers Me posted:

Surely one of the most inconsequential stables of all time. Just... what was the point?
Justin Credible needed a job after ECW folded so they threw him in a tag team with X-Pac.

T&A had broken up in late 2000 when someone (Chris Kreski probably) pointed out that Test working as a henchman for the McMahon-Helmsley Facgime didn't really make any sense, so Test turned face and feuded with Eddie Guerrero for the European title.

All of the other more over teams circa early 2001 were turning into trios:

- Too Cool + Rikishi
- Edge & Christian (w. Kurt Angle or Rhyno)
- Hardy Boyz + Lita
- Radicalz
- the Dudley Boys had added Spike
- though not actually more over, the Right to Censor had three guys + Stevie + Ivory

So for lack of anything better to do with Albert, they threw him in as the Off Brand Diesel heavy to the tag team and soon YOU WERE DEALING WITH THE X-FACTOR

Of course like two months later the Invasion started and Justin Credible joined ECW THE ALLIANCE and all WWF wrestlers were de facto babyfaces except everyone still booed Albert and X-Pac so they were sort of depushed and sadly we only got a handful of X-Factor PPV shows.

I don't know if they would have gone anywhere otherwise, but it was very bad timing on top of everything else.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Edge & Christian posted:

- though not actually more over, the Right to Censor had three guys + Stevie + Ivory

Depends on how you measure "over" - RTC was getting bigger heat than even the top heels at the time.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Why did RTC always win but have a Stevie suffer a post match beating? Get the Dudleyz their heat back sure, but why didn't they just win?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

The subtle bassline of the RTC song

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

but why didn't they just win?

attitude era booking dot txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

I'm not sure if the heat RTC got was anything that translated into being 'over' as part of a storyline or match, their whole thing was "some girl is going to undress, but now they can't!" and sure, that will get heat in circa 2000 wrestling crowds. Maybe I'm misremembering, but did anyone care about them during matches?