Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

KoRMaK posted:

also i wanna see what that poster posted that got them probed, having it edited out prevents me from passing judment and laughing at them

I’m just hoping they come back to post terribly again for the

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Sorry, what's a "high-functioning 4chan user"?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

LifeSunDeath posted:

goddamnit I knew this was gonna happen but I watched it anyway

The extra funny bit is that it's a context in which it makes sense

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Oooooof

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Fellis posted:

I’m just hoping they come back to post terribly again for the

Just eat it off the floor like an animal.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Bloop posted:

Nah, he's loving everybody

So... by loving anyone apart from Trump, you're cucking him? drat, this kink goes deep. We're through the looking glass here, people.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

KoRMaK posted:

also i wanna see what that poster posted that got them probed, having it edited out prevents me from passing judment and laughing at them
I did too. Apparently the "Peanut Butter Motherfucker kid" is this kid, presented here in a horrible meme format to fit the thread. So you can fill in the rest.

Bonus fun facts I came across while his going back to find his description of what he posted: He got a probation for his very first post in this thread, and currently he's been probated for 3 out of his 28 posts in the thread, for an impressive 11% post-to-probation ratio.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813092&userid=225807

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That kid's cooler than me I think. He's got his life sorted out.

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

OwlFancier posted:

That kid's cooler than me I think. He's got his life sorted out.

That kid is now 46 years old, works in middle management for a real estate development firm, frequently makes comments like "working hard or hardly working, am I right? Haha, seriously though I need it by tomorrow at the latest", has an avid interest in WW2-era tanks and describes himself as "socially liberal but fiscally conservative".

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Spent a few seconds thinking you really hosed up Groverhouse before I saw it.

The Virgin Goblin VS the Chad Brad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsMKOx6fumc

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

I cheered when this did the thing.

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man

Blurred posted:

That kid is now 46 years old, works in middle management for a real estate development firm, frequently makes comments like "working hard or hardly working, am I right? Haha, seriously though I need it by tomorrow at the latest", has an avid interest in WW2-era tanks and describes himself as "socially liberal but fiscally conservative".

Not joking at all: that photograph is by notorious sexual predator Terry Richardson, it's a portrait of his nephew. So whatever else is going on with that kid his uncle is in a whole heap of trouble!'

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Mousepractice posted:

Not joking at all: that photograph is by notorious sexual predator Terry Richardson, it's a portrait of his nephew. So whatever else is going on with that kid his uncle is in a whole heap of trouble!'

Wow, that makes the removed photo with sexualized text all the more disgusting.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

KoRMaK posted:

much better

The one who said he doesn't know what he did wrong? He originally posted a picture of a kid with the caption "suck my dick king", got probed, argued, then posted the same kid with "suck this kid's balls" or something and got hit again.

I am eagerly looking forward to them coming back and doing it again. They regged in January and have a rap sheet a mile long already lol

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

How Uncle Terry has escaped the #metoo movement up to this point is baffling.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
It was an unfunny pic and the poster deserved more than a probation for throwing a tantrum about no one liking their ~eDgY~ meme. Let's not also invoke human pubic louse Terry "John Waters' Mustache Finds My Mustache Creepy" Richardson.

I think they missed the chance for a Canada joke here, but I need to understand what "New York Fries" are first.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Cartoon Man posted:

He’s been under investigation for quite some time, I don’t think he’s escaped.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

It was an unfunny pic and the poster deserved more than a probation for throwing a tantrum about no one liking their ~eDgY~ meme. Let's not also invoke human pubic louse Terry "John Waters' Mustache Finds My Mustache Creepy" Richardson.

I think they missed the chance for a Canada joke here, but I need to understand what "New York Fries" are first.

Appreciate that they made Texas be a literal boot for them all to lick

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Now that is a deep‐dish pizza.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cartoon Man posted:

#metoo has been cancelled, it's only for racist problematic berniebros now.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

I clapped- I clapped when I saw it!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

They're just a mall food court fry stand. Nothing to do with Actual New York. P decent for all that, fresh cut and fried in one pass. They tend to get soggy if you let them sit.

We also have Boston Pizza:
- nothing to do with Boston The City
- used More Than A Feeling by Boston The Band for like a decade in their ads
- unlike Pizza Hut, you can still get pizza in the restaurant
- the pizza is terrible unless you get it in the restaurant
- have a perogy pizza with potato slices, bacon, green onion, cheddar, and a blop of sour cream. Yes there is still mozzarella and tomato sauce, why do you ask

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Phy posted:

They're just a mall food court fry stand. Nothing to do with Actual New York....We also have Boston Pizza:
- nothing to do with Boston The City

:thejoke: but thanks for explaining just in case anyone DIDN'T know!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
poo poo, sorry, I didn't mean to step on your joke! :(

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Krowley posted:

Someone mod a maga hat into dnf.

The character was always kinda lame once you got old enough to realize the one-liners were lifted from action movies. Duke3d level design still holds up well though.

Anyone have that old supermechagodzilla post about dnf?

This was a while ago, but here you go.

It's kind of amazing to read now, on release day SMG is basically posting a preview of what the critical and popular consensus on DNF would eventually converge on, while a bunch of other posters argue with him and desperately tries to tell themselves that it's actually a good game.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Phy posted:

poo poo, sorry, I didn't mean to step on your joke! :(

YOU TOTALLY DIDN'T I'M SORRY I'M NOT TRYING TO BE A BITCH!!!! I don't know if being inside for six straight weeks has completely murdered my social skills, but I am apparently doing a really bad job of communicating lately.

Here, I found you some nice Canada memes as an apology:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Knormal posted:

I did too. Apparently the "Peanut Butter Motherfucker kid" is this kid, presented here in a horrible meme format to fit the thread. So you can fill in the rest.

Bonus fun facts I came across while his going back to find his description of what he posted: He got a probation for his very first post in this thread, and currently he's been probated for 3 out of his 28 posts in the thread, for an impressive 11% post-to-probation ratio.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813092&userid=225807

That's some powerful Super Bowl LI energy there, and those that remember know how that worked out.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bands don't usually tour in frozen wastelands with a population density of 0.000000000000001/sqkm.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Who What Now posted:

Bands don't usually tour in frozen wastelands with a population density of 0.000000000000001/sqkm.

"Manitoba's population density is 1.9 people per square kilometer. Now isn't that stupid!?"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
It's like those American electoral maps trying to argue it's good that Wyoming gets seats when the whole state has fewer people than Staten Island.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

YOU TOTALLY DIDN'T I'M SORRY I'M NOT TRYING TO BE A BITCH!!!! I don't know if being inside for six straight weeks has completely murdered my social skills, but I am apparently doing a really bad job of communicating lately.

Aw, hey, it's not that, please don't be hard on yourself. It's more I was annoyed with myself for rushing to be Basil Exposition about Canadian grease purveyors instead of passing you the ball for a clean dunk. I like good jokes but I can be kind of a windbag.

And besides, you know we apologize for everything, yeah? They literally had to make laws in most provinces that apologies don't constitute a legal admission of guilt.

Thank you for the canuck memes, that one about the concerts is real as hell

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Who What Now posted:

Harsh, but fair

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

Paladinus posted:

Fun fact. This is how we got words like apron or adder. It used to be napron and nadder in Old English, but after centuries of illiterate people saying 'a napron' and 'a nadder' misdivision happened, and the n moved to the article resulting in 'an apron' and 'an adder'.

Same story with ancient humans preserved in permafrost, a few hundred years ago you would have called them 'a nice man'

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

Same story with ancient humans preserved in permafrost, a few hundred years ago you would have called them 'a nice man'

The incels were right, nice guys have been getting frozen out for thousands of years :smith:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

ToxicFrog posted:

This was a while ago, but here you go.

It's kind of amazing to read now, on release day SMG is basically posting a preview of what the critical and popular consensus on DNF would eventually converge on, while a bunch of other posters argue with him and desperately tries to tell themselves that it's actually a good game.
Thanks for linking this! I missed SMG in his heyday, I remember reading some of his quotes out of context but they never really stuck so I didn't pay attention. I just remembered he had this reputation as "heh check out the crazy stuff this wacky guy is saying" but reading through his posts in the DNF thread at least he seems lucid and, well, right? Like nothing he's saying is wrong. They're pretty on-point critiques of exactly why DNF sucked hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ixYcyslmSI

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Paladinus posted:

Fun fact. This is how we got words like apron or adder. It used to be napron and nadder in Old English, but after centuries of illiterate people saying 'a napron' and 'a nadder' misdivision happened, and the n moved to the article resulting in 'an apron' and 'an adder'.

This is also true with the word naligma.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's like watching a youtube video from 2019 except it was written in 2011.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

OwlFancier posted:

It's like watching a youtube video from 2019 except it was written in 2011.

Yeah I'm kinda wanting to go find and read SMG's greatest hits now because I suspect he was probably making good points, just a decade ahead of his time discourse-wise

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Reopening circuit city would be the opposite of sacrificing the weak