Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Colonel posted:

i like how loving massive this unfinished cut makes her look

Noi from Dorohedoro cameo

Oh man this rules is the whole episode like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Sort of. Nearly every shot in the episode is off model but the most remarkable examples have been posted already.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 23, 2020

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Imo it doesnt rule that the anime industry is this broken

Also probably sucks for the mangaka to see this and then compare it to the loving adaptations stuff like yurucamp and harukana receive got

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

Imo it doesnt rule that the anime industry is this broken

Also probably sucks for the mangaka to see this and then compare it to the loving adaptations stuff like yurucamp and harukana receive got

Yeah, like with Marchen Madchen I feel bad for practically everyone involved except I guess like the production committee. I hope the author still picks up some volume sales from it at least.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Given the fixed episode is okay I'd imagine the eventual BD will look decent

I'm not sure why they didn't just delay for a few hours for Funi and other stations to give them the fixed version

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

All these baseball anime posts reminded me of something I forgot to point out in the show thread: In episode 7 of Dorohedoro, Nikaido does Ichiro's routine when she comes up to bat.

Reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGGkoj4m_vg

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Apr 23, 2020

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm not sure why they didn't just delay for a few hours for Funi and other stations to give them the fixed version
Funi would execute them with their republican gun show money if they got the episode two minutes late

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

The Colonel posted:

i like how loving massive this unfinished cut makes her look

Is this Noi from Dorohedoro

Captain Invictus posted:

Noi from Dorohedoro cameo

Goddamnit

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Nitrousoxide posted:

The anime's art is WAAAAAAAY better than the manwha from what I've seen in a couple of chapters.

Tower of God has been around for roughly a decade now and you can see the artist's talent evolve along with the story. If you looked at any content from the latest chapters compared to the beginning, it's a night and day difference in quality. I reread ToG (475 chapters now) after I heard it was getting animated and the shift in style is almost breathtaking.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Ranzear posted:

All these baseball anime posts reminded me of something I forgot to point out in the show thread: In episode 7 of Dorohedoro, Nikaido does Ichiro's routine when she comes up to bat.

Reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGGkoj4m_vg

Wow I'm a little mad at myself for not noticing this... Ichiro is one of my favorite players ever

welp that wasn't an edit

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9FPQVOhw8Q

I may have commented during the actual watching that she did the sleeve pull too soon, aside from batting right. It should be just before returning the bat to ready stance, but that was left out anyway.

I didn't realize I was kinda into baseball until I realized I knew Ichiro's full routine.

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Apr 23, 2020

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

SatoshiMiwa posted:

just an off the cuff point would be that all those time slots for the day have been filled already and it's unfair to literally all the other shows that will get bumped up or down due to something being late

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Reiche posted:

Tower of God has been around for roughly a decade now and you can see the artist's talent evolve along with the story. If you looked at any content from the latest chapters compared to the beginning, it's a night and day difference in quality. I reread ToG (475 chapters now) after I heard it was getting animated and the shift in style is almost breathtaking.

Whew, those bangs

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Apr 23, 2020

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Look we all have to start somewhere.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ranzear posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9FPQVOhw8Q

I may have commented during the actual watching that she did the sleeve pull too soon, aside from batting right. It should be just before returning the bat to ready stance, but that was left out anyway.

I didn't realize I was kinda into baseball until I realized I knew Ichiro's full routine.
Ha ha. Hee hee. Hoo hoo.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Please rename show to Pecorine Connect. She is not some kind of one note joke character, but has instead undergone a journey, discovered her true self, and attained enlightenment. She is someone who is living her best life.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
The new Ghost in the Shell Netflix thing is out and boy does it look like poo poo. Sometimes I was like “well, it doesn’t look too bad” and then Togusa showed up and oh my that was hot garbage.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dudweiser

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Japan taking shots at American beer and I am okay with that.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Fruits Basket another victim of production delay.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

The Black Stones posted:

The new Ghost in the Shell Netflix thing is out and boy does it look like poo poo. Sometimes I was like “well, it doesn’t look too bad” and then Togusa showed up and oh my that was hot garbage.
It looks so bad and characterless. Massive missed opportunity.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I only watched the first 2 episodes of the new GITS but both episodes were basically nothing but combat sequences and that is just not what I'm there for and everything about this sucks.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Also I'm sure ~the source material~ has a lot of dumb poo poo too but holy poo poo this info dump on this stupid sustainable war poo poo in GITS is dumb beyond belief, it legit feels like something written by a 12-year-old. I'm fully expecting the rest of the show to be a complete poo poo show too. I could deal with the lovely CGI if the story was at least decent or interesting.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

what does sustainable war even mean

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

dogsicle posted:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Thank god for Cyberpunk anime that are good and respect American beer.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

dogsicle posted:

Before the French Revolution most wars in history were not very drawn out conflicts, since most of them ended in decisive battles that knocked one of the sides out of the war, if not out of existence. Marathon, Hastings, Poltava, Manzikert to name a few. With few exceptions most powers could only field small professional or mercenary armies that were un-replenishable in the event of a major defeat.

This all changed with the French Revolution, in which an entire nation's population could be mobilized for war; whether it for combat or wartime industry. By World War I, knockout battles were considered a relic of the past, now replaced by trench warfare involving millions of conscripted reserves. That, I believe, is sustainable warfare.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the show putting it in the context of 2045 and a post-currency world made it seem much more like a possible bullshit/setting-specific thing but i suppose i was overthinking

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Before the French Revolution most wars in history were not very drawn out conflicts, since most of them ended in decisive battles that knocked one of the sides out of the war, if not out of existence. Marathon, Hastings, Poltava, Manzikert to name a few. With few exceptions most powers could only field small professional or mercenary armies that were un-replenishable in the event of a major defeat.

This all changed with the French Revolution, in which an entire nation's population could be mobilized for war; whether it for combat or wartime industry. By World War I, knockout battles were considered a relic of the past, now replaced by trench warfare involving millions of conscripted reserves. That, I believe, is sustainable warfare.

Yeah not sure if you're shitposting but this is decidedly not what the show is going for, more like some sort of "limited war games played within some sort of rule set" or something similarly dumb.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Dessel posted:

Yeah not sure if you're shitposting but this is decidedly not what the show is going for, more like some sort of "limited war games played within some sort of rule set" or something similarly dumb.

If we're looking for slightly less dumb futuristic things it could be (and I know that generosity isn't the expected route with how bad most recent GitS stuff has been), there's an arc in Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans where a mercenary secretly working for a third party in a war was fighting not to win or to lose, but to draw the war out as long as possible, minimizing damage to the countries involved while maximizing the damage to a political opponent. A "sustainable war" could be a war undertaken for some political goal independent of victory or loss. Limited force committed, minimal cost to the home territory, kept up indefinitely.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fangz posted:

What the hell? They coloured and inbetweened two different versions of the episode?

The Funimation version had two animation directors credited, but their names are not among the seven ADs in the credits of the TV version.

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008

dogsicle posted:

Compostable shells and bombs and AK47s made from recycled drinks cans.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dessel posted:

I was answering his question about what sustainable warfare means (as i saw it)

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

It's a terribly plausible future. If you're in the business of supplying countries for war, do you even want war to end? Hell, that's when you start having all those weapons you make be internet of poo poothings devices that fail strategically to prolong conflict. I can totally see that happening in GitS, but haven't picked up the show yet.

Maybe they launched the show quietly because they knew it was poo poo, like a movie getting moved from summer release to winter release.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Endorph posted:

Funi would execute them with their republican gun show money if they got the episode two minutes late

...eh? i feel like this has happened multiple times in the past and funi's outward response was to go "welp nothing we can do" and issue a quick press release to say it'll be late.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, I think the pressure was less from Funimation and more the networks that would be airing the show first.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
i thought the issue was with the funimation version and not the broadcast one

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
https://twitter.com/ELEVEN_ARTS/status/1253395183980425217?s=20

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wait is this the delayed film?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Wait is this the delayed film?

No, this released last year. The Violet Evergarden movie got delayed. Pretty sure it's just a broadcast delay, too - I was under the impression that the movie itself was finished or close to it even before Covid hit.