Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Came for the wrestling guy, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

A Long Way Down posted:

That’s me, I’m here with a kitchen section for you to catalog

:swoon: you've made me so happy

gonna be closing my island at noon EST(45 minutes from now) while my partner and i workout, but i'll reopen later, too!

thanks to whoever shook a fuckton of tree branches from my trees :confuoot:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Someone posted a YouTube saying it takes 24 hours from when you talk to blathers for redd to spawn

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Oxyclean posted:

Did you actually download the patch & update? I'm pretty sure if you did, you were guaranteed to get bot Leif and Redd.

yeah, I had to update to go to a friend's island and buy all of his stuff

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

GigaPeon posted:

My Island has Turnips at 381 till noon if you want to dump 'em quick. Also Tambourines that you can hold and play

Thanks, I left you a brachio tail and some tickets on your island.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

New Leaf posted:

What do you have to do to make the fox show up? I've spoken to Blathers about an art wing and Leif is here. I'm East Coast USA if that matters, not sure if he comes in the evening or something.

Guess I'm wrong then. I assumed he was guaranteed to show up because he was standing right by Leif's cart for me first thing in the morning.

When did you talk to Blathers about the art wing? I chatted with him last night before 5am, wonder if that's a specific trigger to spawn Redd the next day.

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

yeah, I had to update to go to a friend's island and buy all of his stuff

Did you update before or after the day started? If you updated after 5 am, it won't reroll your visitors unless you start the day again with time travel.

If you had the update before 5am, then I guess that kinda sucks that Leif isn't guaranteed.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

KK is coming to town tomorrow woo!

That means my reign of terror with terraforming begins as soon as the weekend which is perfect

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Tom Nook finally sent me a letter, so I guess Leif can come by now

THEY'RE CUTTING INTEREST RATES???? FRIG

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Oxyclean posted:

Guess I'm wrong then. I assumed he was guaranteed to show up because he was standing right by Leif's cart for me first thing in the morning.

When did you talk to Blathers about the art wing? I chatted with him last night before 5am, wonder if that's a specific trigger to spawn Redd the next day.

Did you update before or after the day started? If you updated after 5 am, it won't reroll your visitors unless you start the day again with time travel.

If you had the update before 5am, then I guess that kinda sucks that Leif isn't guaranteed.

No I updated first thing this morning and talked to Blathers later on, so hopefully Redd tomorrow.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Thwomp posted:

Thanks to the jerk who minus-ed out, Tucker is no longer crafting this.

It does look like the message is different when this happens. It now says "Someone quietly left" instead of the standard "Looks like someone wants to leave."

Quietly left generally means somebody errored out rather than minused out.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Oxyclean posted:

Ohhh, that makes sense. Yeah, I updated this morning.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Carcosa is open for a bit. Turnip prices are junk, but it'll be noon soon enough. Leif is in town, and my Nook shop is upgraded. Take my wife fossils, please!

DSM4C

Thanks for visiting!

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Apr 23, 2020

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Thanks! Left you a tip by your three friends. :iiam:

Louisiana Van Van
Jan 11, 2009

Then a miracle occurred in the form of a plate of sandwiches.
I am a philosopher of sandwiches, he decided. Things good on the inside.

Left a tip behind your message board! Thank you!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’m so angry I didn’t think to name my island Carcosa :(

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

sonetlumiere posted:

Going to open my island for a couple hours. Turnips are selling for 304. Leif has cosmos, roses, azalea bushes, and camellia bushes. Nook's is selling hyacinths, lilies, and tulips.

Letting in one person at a time, so please don't stay too long if there are people in the queue behind you.

https://turnip.exchange/island/4e85c955

thank you for the roses!! i left you a Mrs. Flamingo and a Anthurium plant near the airport!

do you mind if I come back and buy the chess board?? i wanted it but didnt bring enough bells!

Imagine Party Babyz
Apr 5, 2004

Ron and Fez Show, Peez Howd.

Poque posted:

Thanks! Left you a tip by your three friends. :iiam:

Louisiana Van Van posted:

Left a tip behind your message board! Thank you!

Thank you, and thanks for coming!

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Johnny Truant posted:

:swoon: you've made me so happy

gonna be closing my island at noon EST(45 minutes from now) while my partner and i workout, but i'll reopen later, too!

thanks to whoever shook a fuckton of tree branches from my trees :confuoot:

Thanks for opening and letting us touch the system kitchen! I dropped a microscope and constellation chart in front of your house

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Really wish they'd let you edit designs you download. I'm painstakingly reproducing the tile I downloaded so that I can have information about my wheels' payout overlap them without leaving a bunch of grass around. If I could just directly copy and edit the design I'd have been done 20 minutes ago.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Dork457 posted:

Is there a way to quickly get rid of flowers beyond digging them up and selling them?

Place a trash can near where you are digging and just throw them away. You still have to dig the flowers up, but you won’t have to waste time going to the store.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

So who needs to inventory a "Desktop Computer" whatever that is?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it doesnt take '24 hours' it takes the day turning over, like everything else

sonetlumiere
Oct 25, 2007

kumba posted:

do you mind if I come back and buy the chess board?? i wanted it but didnt bring enough bells!

I don't mind at all.

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!

Imagine Party Babyz posted:

Turnips are at 504 till noon..
CLOSED

Thanks, friendo!

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Opening up Sanctuary for a bit. Ed is DIYing golden flooring (southeast corner), turnips are eh, Ables have my increasing stash of DC United jerseys from 20 years ago, got all the new merchants and Nook’s doesn’t expand until tomorrow. Flowers are pansies, tulips and windflowers. Come enjoy yourself!

KXR5L

AFK for a bit, so have a good time, don’t wreck the flowers :)

Your Boy Fancy fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 23, 2020

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

sonetlumiere posted:

I don't mind at all.

i'll be right back :D

anything you need that I might have???

e: uh oh, i was landing and a communication error :(

kumba fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Apr 23, 2020

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Tex is currently making gold-armor shoes on my island. Also have police hat and nurse uniforms at Able's. Edit: Closed

Republicans fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 23, 2020

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

Did you actually download the patch & update? I'm pretty sure if you did, you were guaranteed to get bot Leif and Redd.

I got the update, but no Leif or Redd. Isabelle mentioned Nature Day and I’m getting the Nook Miles “plant a shrub” thing, but I have no way to planting any shrubs!

Dr. Knothead
Mar 28, 2012
Turns out my decreasing turnip prices were actually a large spike!

Turnips are currently 555 bells on Isla del Corazon.

EDIT: Closed, thanks to all who visited!

Gonna open for a couple hours. I'm currently at work, so I'll be AFK and only checking the thread sporadically.

Dr. Knothead fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 23, 2020

sonetlumiere
Oct 25, 2007

kumba posted:

i'll be right back :D

anything you need that I might have???

e: uh oh, i was landing and a communication error :(

Sorry about that, I'm back open now. Don't worry about leaving gifts or bells, I don't need anything.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Is Redd just gonna walk around my island all day and disappear tomorrow or will I actually get to buy art from him today?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

VibrantPareidolia posted:

He'll only expand after you bring him your first piece of art, which you buy from Redd the day after you have that conversation with him.

hmmm i did that, do i have to wait tomorrow to get the art gallery?

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Tomorrow it is based on the responses above.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
You're not guaranteed to get Redd today. From what I'm reading, you need to talk to Blathers today to get him to tell you about the new art wing, and then Redd comes the next day to introduce the art concept. Based on that, I think anyone who actually met Redd today is time traveling ahead a day? I could be mistaken.

My friend's island was buying turnips yesterday for 611. I made 1.5 mil and gave a third of that to my daughter so she could stop piling clothes in front of her drat house.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

For me, I talked to Blathers yesterday and he mentioned being able to now donate art to the museum.

Today, Redd was standing in my plaza and sold me a piece of art, and just said a bunch of stuff implying he'll have his shop on future visits. He's not wandering at all.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
I'm happy to say that Redd is both A: in my town, and B: cute as heck

always been my favorite character, and he looks great in HD

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

If villagers are hammering at a work bench and giving out recipes can visitors learn those recipes too? I have a villager that just gave me the cutting board recipe. Wondering if that's still sought after.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

McCracAttack posted:

If villagers are hammering at a work bench and giving out recipes can visitors learn those recipes too? I have a villager that just gave me the cutting board recipe. Wondering if that's still sought after.
Yes and yes

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

sonetlumiere posted:

Sorry about that, I'm back open now. Don't worry about leaving gifts or bells, I don't need anything.

queue is locked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Sly's packing up today, anyone want a camo-jock Crocodile? According to the tier list probably not, but if someone does HMU.