Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Why aren't people playing with Michelle.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Sophie you're not bottom tier :smith:

Tony's just a crazy gently caress

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why aren't people playing with Michelle.....

She said it herself, she got told a plan and went with it, no fuss... Which seems like exactly the kind of person you'd want to pad out your numbers right about now or otherwise use.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I hated Ben on HHH, and I can't stand him this season either. These dumb mother fuckers though are going to let him keep staying around until the end and then it will be too late. ARHJWSLKAJV:LWKEhuj v;lkauh

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SalTheBard posted:

I hated Ben on HHH, and I can't stand him this season either. These dumb mother fuckers though are going to let him keep staying around until the end and then it will be too late. ARHJWSLKAJV:LWKEhuj v;lkauh

:smith::hf::smith:

Also I feel like the preview is absolutely setting up Tony using his idol to knock out Kim

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

IcePhoenix posted:

worked out for Jeremy :v:

It really shouldn't have though, does he even realize he worked with Nick and Ben?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Tony, Nick, Jeremy, Michelle.... + Ben

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SteveVizsla posted:

It really shouldn't have though, does he even realize he worked with Nick and Ben?

Probably not since he worked with Nick and Tony

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
That was awesome. Kim is GOAT.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I am ready for Tony to become one with the trees next episode.

Deceptive
Dec 27, 2012
I'm not sure if I saw this right. Did it show Parvati having 0 fire tokens on the episode? Did she buy multiple jars of peanut butter?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Popero posted:

That was awesome. Kim is GOAT.

What did Kim do :confused:

Deceptive posted:

I'm not sure if I saw this right. Did it show Parvati having 0 fire tokens on the episode? Did she buy multiple jars of peanut butter?

I think her whole plan was to buy four jars to share with her crew yeah, but afaik they only showed her buying one or two so I don't know. Maybe she bought them at separate times and they didn't want to show it in multiple episodes.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
‪Sarah really said Tony had a bad social game as he’s scamming fire tokens from his entire tribe to win him immunity. ‬There's no way he's not winning after that episode.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It would have been nice to get a little more Tony featured in this episode

At this point I should probably just watching this show postmerge if I don't care about a clusterfuck of advantages and stupid twists

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012
Before this episode I was thinking Sophie is looking so good, if she makes it to the end she's gonna win for sure. Now I have no idea whats up. I think all the women left in the game + Tony and Jeremy could all have a good shot depending how things go, this is the first season in a while where its felt like there's so many viable winners still in the game at this point.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Was completely wrong about Nick/Michelle secretly working together but at least I was right about Sophie getting the blindside edit :unsmith: (although I was rooting for her)

Just gonna stop speculating on alliances from here on out

SteveVizsla posted:

I will never, ever understand people trusting Tony

Jeremy and Michelle didn't really have much choice but to go along with the blindside. If Tony isn't going along with the Ben vote, there is no Ben vote. Plus, it was super on brand for Tony...probably wasn't ultimately that hard for Jeremy and Michelle to figure out it was their only play (save for like, blowing up Tony's plan to Sarah/Sophie and going for Nick)

But yeah, trusting him from the get-go was........a risk

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Apr 23, 2020

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Highlight of the episode was Nick laughing at fans calling him a vampire Donathan, which I gotta admit is a pretty clever insult

Unison
Oct 12, 2005
Glorious episode after last week!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Tony and Sarah are just so funny together every time they're on screen. Hoping that the final three involves the two of them (plus Jeremy, maybe?) because it would be hilarious.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
As soon as Michele told Jeremy they were screwed without Tony's vote I was thinking, 'uh... no. No you're not. If Tony can't vote it's 4-4'. I'm not sure why nobody did the mental math on that one.

I'm not sure how to feel about the Tony move. It's brilliant in a vacuum, but he just majorly ticked off Sarah. The only advantage he has is that Sarah probably doesn't have the numbers to get a clear majority on him unless she pulls Nick back, but even then, this is a season where jury management is more important than ever.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm glad Jeremy survived but sad Sophie was the victim of it especially in such a way.

I don't really know why Jeremy trusted Tony but like... desperation limits your options I guess and if you don't have Tony what's the other option? Jeremy knew he couldn't flip back over the way Kim and Denise did or float back and forth like Michelle is so I guess you just have push confidence with what you got. You go to war with the army you have and all that.

But you could see how frustrated he was with Tony when he came all frantic to him at the last minute. Jeremy had to know Tony was holding that info back so either he's making it up to play him or he's telling the truth but using it to manipulate him. Thats the problem with playing with Tony. Even if he's on your side he's never really on your side or trustworthy.

If he can make it to the end like this then I can see this crew respecting how much skill it takes to pull that off. But like, he correctly evaluated early on that he couldn't survive the game like this and he's banking a lot on being able to hold the numbers now that he's blown everything up with one vote.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Tony's best bet is probably keeping Jeremy around as long as possible as a shield, right? But I don't know how useful that's gonna be, I think the target is definitely bigger on Tony now, especially with Sarah on the warpath.

It feels like Nick should have a better chance than we've seen, given that he's been in the loop for nearly every vote. But I guess we just haven't seen him step up and take an active role yet, which is really hurting his, ugh, I hate the term, but resume.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Keeping Jeremy in tow is probably key at least in that Tony needs someone else who is working with him who can wrangle votes. Maybe Sarah could be that if she feels she doesn't have other options, but Tony just burned her hard. Kim and Denise didn't trust him before tonight. Michelle and Nick feel like they're kinda floating. Ben is Ben. So I think he kind of needs Jeremy as a lieutenant/fake partner as well as a shield. And he certainly doesn't want Jeremy working against him. He doesn't have people right now but he's definitely the kind of player who can put something together with a bunch of people pissed off at someone else and scrambling.

But Jeremy's game is shields too so if he thinks he can outplay Tony then it might make sense for him to work with him. And he doesn't have the people right now to do something else. And he's always at least superficially had a loyalty streak so betraying Tony right after Tony saves him might look bad.

Then again Tony is Tony and if he decides taking out Jeremy is the flashiest move or Jeremy is still the biggest threat... whelp...

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I have only started to watch Survivor in the last few seasons, so I don't know who anyone is outside of Nick (and then Boston Rob and Sandra because of last season), but Tony is rocketing up to my favourite player. He is just chaos. Then next week they show him hiding in the trees? How can you not love that?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Feels like Tony is the shield for Jeremy rather than the other way around at this point.

Vernacular posted:

Jeremy and Michelle didn't really have much choice but to go along with the blindside. If Tony isn't going along with the Ben vote, there is no Ben vote. Plus, it was super on brand for Tony...probably wasn't ultimately that hard for Jeremy and Michelle to figure out it was their only play (save for like, blowing up Tony's plan to Sarah/Sophie and going for Nick)

Tony actually did a brilliant job of preventing that from happen though. He said in his confessional that he was only going to go to Jeremy immediately before Tribal Council so that nothing like that could go down, save Jeremy blowing it up at Tribal Council. And doing that just gets Jeremy voted out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Tony obviously laid it out so he couldn't have the Adam/Boston Rob thing happen and have Jeremy go scramble. Like Tony was even saying they didn't have the time to talk to Michelle or Nick. Tony was just playing the "everyone trust me and only me and don't double check anything" game, which you could see frustrated the hell out of Jeremy but also kept him from talking to Kim/Denise or Nick from getting antsy or Michelle from doing whatever Michelle has been doing these last few votes.

Tony played that part well enough and it worked out for him, but it could have easily blown up in his face and still could post Tribal. He's gambling a lot that his new numbers will hold, the people he just hosed won't unite against him, or that he can't just chaos repair his relationships.

IcePhoenix posted:

Feels like Tony is the shield for Jeremy rather than the other way around at this point.
Yeah, maybe, but you gotta wonder with the plan is. Its probably a fool's errand to try and figure out a "long term plan" for Tony but I can see him wanting Nick and Michelle at F3 with him. I can't see him wanting Jeremy anywhere near F4. So like if you can get past the immediate fallout and survive the next vote when do you take out Jeremy after that?

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 23, 2020

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
I'm going with that was brilliant for Tony. He was likely in line to be blindsided immediately after Jeremy got booted. Instead he blew up the tightest pair left in the game, flushed an idol, and formed what should be a tight alliance with Jeremy who needs him. All this after he masterfully handled that poo poo sandwich that parvati and natalie served him. Jury respect for him has to be off the charts.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I think it was a very dangerous play for Tony and if Tony didn't have immunity than Jeremy could have turned it around on him at tribal by spilling the beans.

I do think that Michele is playing a decent game, but Jeremy being such a huge target is costing her. The two of them are one of the only duos left and Tony is going to want to break them up sooner rather than later.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

ApplesandOranges posted:

I think it was a very dangerous play for Tony and if Tony didn't have immunity than Jeremy could have turned it around on him at tribal by spilling the beans.

I do think that Michele is playing a decent game, but Jeremy being such a huge target is costing her. The two of them are one of the only duos left and Tony is going to want to break them up sooner rather than later.

He probably wouldn't have made the same play if he didn't have immunity and an idol.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ApplesandOranges posted:

Tony doesn't make that play if he doesn't have immunity

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

This season is so good.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Michelle is playing completely fine but unless she's sitting next to Ben and Nick at the end I'm not sure how she wins. This cast just doesn't seem to be playing the kind of deeply bloody or bitter game that it takes for someone to win on a purely "social game, go along with the numbers" game. Maybe she can make some stuff happen later in the game but right now I just don't see what her case to the Jury is beyond "it kinda sucked I was on the island with my ex-boyfriend and he was a bit of a dick to me but I blindsided him."

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
She has the Ethan vote at least. Possibly a case for using Jeremy as a partner/shield. She could also use her social game as a ‘it got me those tokens, which got me the 50/50 coin, which is how I got here’.

She definitely has something under her belt. Possibly more than anyone left other than Tony, Sarah, Denise and maybe Jeremy.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Michelle is playing completely fine but unless she's sitting next to Ben and Nick at the end I'm not sure how she wins. This cast just doesn't seem to be playing the kind of deeply bloody or bitter game that it takes for someone to win on a purely "social game, go along with the numbers" game. Maybe she can make some stuff happen later in the game but right now I just don't see what her case to the Jury is beyond "it kinda sucked I was on the island with my ex-boyfriend and he was a bit of a dick to me but I blindsided him."

She wasn't even in on the Wendell vote :eng99:

Yeah it's hard to see how Michelle wins - it's not that she hasn't done anything yet, it's that the other players don't seem to see her as a real player.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean there's a lot of game left and Tony just made the first really bloody move of the merge in the same vote Kim and Denise were blindsiding Jeremy and 1 vote after Jeremy kinda screwed them over. So maybe the game starts getting messier and Michelle does a good job using that to her advantage without getting bloody. There's time left.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

xbilkis posted:

It would have been nice to get a little more Tony featured in this episode

At this point I should probably just watching this show postmerge if I don't care about a clusterfuck of advantages and stupid twists

This would've been a really boring episode if there weren't any bonus mechanics in play. "Let's vote Jeremy," "OK," "Jeremy goes to extinction, roll credits."

Twin Cinema posted:

I have only started to watch Survivor in the last few seasons, so I don't know who anyone is outside of Nick (and then Boston Rob and Sandra because of last season), but Tony is rocketing up to my favourite player. He is just chaos. Then next week they show him hiding in the trees? How can you not love that?

I hate Tony but I love when Tony is around because he's a fantastic survivor player as the viewer.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

Twin Cinema posted:

Watch his original season (season 28 - Cagayan)

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The funny thing is the majority trusted Denise and Kim with that vote split, after Kim just played an idol for Denise who received votes and both voted in the minority. And that wasn't even why it didn't work!!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Vernacular posted:

Was completely wrong about Nick/Michelle secretly working together but at least I was right about Sophie getting the blindside edit :unsmith: (although I was rooting for her)
Well, they're worked together on this vote! I was actually trying to figure out why the hell Nick went with this scheme of Tony's, but it definitely makes a lot of sense from his standpoint. He was a nobody hanging onto the bottom of the other group, but this is a big move and he's got a relationship with Michele, and Tony will have a really hard time getting to the end the way he plays. Knives are gonna be out for Tony from here on.

Vernacular posted:

Yeah, good point, I hadn't thought of that.

Unfortunately for Tony is that he did this to get Sarah to himself and now he's probably lost Sarah. A lot of people are saying "how could you trust Tony" which is fair, but really, these are all winners, not many of them are just gonna ride strong with their whole alliance all the way to the end. You risk the same thing with pretty much everyone.

freeman posted:

I'm going with that was brilliant for Tony. He was likely in line to be blindsided immediately after Jeremy got booted. Instead he blew up the tightest pair left in the game, flushed an idol, and formed what should be a tight alliance with Jeremy who needs him. All this after he masterfully handled that poo poo sandwich that parvati and natalie served him. Jury respect for him has to be off the charts.
:yeah:

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, from Jeremy's perspective he's really stuck and Tony has him by the short hairs. He needs Tony's vote to get Ben out. He knows he's the vote from the other side. So if Tony is lying it doesn't really matter because it still means Tony isn't voting with him. All Jeremy really has is to vote out who Tony wants and hope he's being straight about the numbers. The only other alternative is to blow him up in Tribal but Tony's got immunity so even the small chance of flipping the tribal vote is gone there. Yeah, you're potentially betraying Kim and Denise if Tony is lying but if you don't then odds are Jeremy's going home anyway so there's not a ton to lose.

Michelle's tough to read since we have so little on her relationships but she seems by her own admission and the majority's vote split plan to be on the outs. So like if Jeremy is voting that way and if she has any kind of relationship with Nick. Whelp, what can you do?