Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
the best HPM is him getting Siobhan to sit on his face for a TV and Steve Langford launching a Howard100 news series about why HPM never opened the box and why he won't let Langford in his apartment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Bonzo posted:

the best HPM is him getting Siobhan to sit on his face for a TV and Steve Langford launching a Howard100 news series about why HPM never opened the box and why he won't let Langford in his apartment.

That's actually how the fight started. He had the TV unopened for year so they had him in studio to fight with Langford and that is when the office gossip of his Disney World trip was brought up. Also, "Tu langua en mi culo".

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Baa Baa Boo Hee

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Mike, do you want to give the code to your roommate to start disposing of the bodies?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm on a zoom call with Jim Belushi right now and I've just this second realized that Artie's lifelong impression has been of HIM, not John

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'm on a zoom call with Jim Belushi right now and I've just this second realized that Artie's lifelong impression has been of HIM, not John

You're... On a zoom call with Jim Belushi?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What, and you're not? What do you do for a living?!?!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

From what I can slightly recall, I spoke to Jim Belushi in like, 1994 or 95 the at the Deja Vu strip club in Louisville the night of the Kentucky Derby. He was quite drunk.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah. He was pretty entertaining once the edibles kicked in. He owns a weed farm in Oregon and he started his preamble with "I'm not a pothead, but" and then rhapsodized about weed for 10 minutes straight while everyone let him go on

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

Yeah. He was pretty entertaining once the edibles kicked in. He owns a weed farm in Oregon and he started his preamble with "I'm not a pothead, but" and then rhapsodized about weed for 10 minutes straight while everyone let him go on

you sure that wasn't Brent?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Oh god...the Hugs for Harlem calls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKVVT0g1Xqw

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

H101 is running best stories, and they ran a doozy today. I forgot how funny this was, Jim Breuer tells the story of working at SNL and trying to get Will Ferrell to break character by mock raping him in the writers room while Tracy Morgan watched.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bonzo posted:

Oh god...the Hugs for Harlem calls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKVVT0g1Xqw

"CHILL OUT.

DO SOMETHING GOOD.

Let's see who's calling." *Mike Walker fart*

Truly, one of the greatest 5 minutes of radio ever. It really was ball-busting at level red. :kiss:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Bonzo posted:

you sure that wasn't Brent?

Any news on Brent's departure? Any new theories?

Standard scorched-earth never say a word policy on the Stern show, that definitely points towards firing with cause. I'm not even sure that he got the Lisa G treatment of being offered the opportunity to quit.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Brent left the Stern Show and started a Twitch channel. His Twitch channel was then banned for threading to kick Rapaport’s rear end

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Squashy Nipples posted:

H101 is running best stories, and they ran a doozy today. I forgot how funny this was, Jim Breuer tells the story of working at SNL and trying to get Will Ferrell to break character by mock raping him in the writers room while Tracy Morgan watched.

I haven’t heard it in awhile, but yes that was an amazing. Just insanity.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Squashy Nipples posted:

Any news on Brent's departure? Any new theories?

Standard scorched-earth never say a word policy on the Stern show, that definitely points towards firing with cause. I'm not even sure that he got the Lisa G treatment of being offered the opportunity to quit.

The Howard subreddit had a theory that the LA trip did him in. He was getting high on coke, and apparently drugged a stripper and hosed/raped her? There were some text messages Robin was disgusted by. After Artie, Howard wants nothing to do with drugs, so he fired him. I haven't listened to the show in nearly a year, but it sounded like a reasonable theory. Note: unsure if this is a new theory or not.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Astro7x posted:

His Twitch channel was then banned for threading to kick Rapaport’s rear end

Seriously? I logged in to his channel for a total of 2 minutes to see his horrible production quality while he, "brick shithouse", and someone off camera were talking about something super uninteresting. They threw away what little platform they had because of Rapaport?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

I'm not even sure that he got the Lisa G treatment of being offered the opportunity to quit.

He most definitely was given the ultimatum to resign or be fired, and he chose to resign. This is why he continuously trumpets it to everyone he can reach that he wasn't fired and tries to spin it that it was his decision to walk away from his "dream job" to start a Twitch channel (which, as we've seen, is already on life support). I'm sure there was additional incentive for him to resign ($ or otherwise).

Any employee that legitimately leaves the show by choice (e.g. that guy who wanted to ride his bike around Europe), Howard brings into the studio to berate for having the audacity to leave his show. He's already started doing that for Ronnie. Anybody that leaves the show by "mutual decision" (Lisa G) or the bullshit that Brent is spinning, is gone and never heard from or mentioned again, except for the rare "Tim? He's around..." type of vague response.

Sand Monster fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 25, 2020

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

musclecoder posted:

The Howard subreddit had a theory that the LA trip did him in. He was getting high on coke, and apparently drugged a stripper and hosed/raped her? There were some text messages Robin was disgusted by. After Artie, Howard wants nothing to do with drugs, so he fired him. I haven't listened to the show in nearly a year, but it sounded like a reasonable theory. Note: unsure if this is a new theory or not.

Yeah, OK, but that was 6 months ago?
Why the lag?

I feel like something recent must have happened.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
So why did Lisa G get fired "quit"?

What was the reason for "quit or be fired"? Was it just that they got rid of the whole news department?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

musclecoder posted:

https://old.reddit.com/r/howardstern/comments/g79efd/brent_ban_due_to_threatening_michael_rapaport/

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just saw Scott Ferrall on a commercial for SportsGird. That shows you how dedicated they were in the beginning with their own sports show.

I liked his format. Some guy getting hosed up talking about sports while playing metal records in the background. Reminds me of hanging out with my buddy in the garage just talkin poo poo.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bonzo posted:

I liked his format. Some guy getting hosed up talking about sports while playing metal records in the background. Reminds me of hanging out with my buddy in the garage just talkin poo poo.

:same:

If I'd been in the car while his show was on, it would be the default choice.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

wesleywillis posted:

So why did Lisa G get fired "quit"?

What was the reason for "quit or be fired"? Was it just that they got rid of the whole news department?

They were dismantling the news team so I'm sure that was part of it. All of her exploits (book, cookie parties) that she used the show as a launchpad for, yet shut the show out when it came to covering her events, probably didn't help. Neither did her complete lack of awareness of what show she worked on, and her inability to be a team player in any respect.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Thats pretty hosed up. That being said, gently caress Rappaport. I heard him on Rude Jude's show one time a while back, and I was embarrassed to be a white guy while listening to him talk "urban" to Jude, who (full disclosure) is also a honky, but actually from "the hood", and grew up poor as gently caress.

I feel like the only reason he's even "involved" with the stern show is because he ain't got poo poo going on otherwise, but a lot of people listen to the show, and so he thinks people might recognize him and he'll get roles for "feuding" with Gary, Brent etc..

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Rapaport was funny for a little while when he was just the poo poo talker in the fantasy league, but his "feuds" were just awful and his fake anger shtick has run dry.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I heard Lisa G was fired when they discovered she did not, in fact, have D cups.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
It was because she kept fouling the women’s bathroom. Same reason Tim was fired.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

tbf getting twitch banned saves face when the alternative was having failing at twitch streaming

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Two Kings posted:

It was because she kept fouling the women’s bathroom. Same reason Tim was fired.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

if howard wasn't such a terrible boss maybe after decades of being a show business legend he could find better people than brent hadley or guys who literally need to jerk each other off to fill airtime

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Fair enough, though I still believe Sal is one of the best comic minds out there because he is both intentionally and unintentionally hilarious.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Lifespan posted:

Fair enough, though I still believe Sal is one of the best comic minds out there because he is both intentionally and unintentionally hilarious.

Sal is proof that you don't have to be smart to be funny.

Percelus posted:

if howard wasn't such a terrible boss

Ouch, that is the harsh truth, isn't it? For someone who thinks he is so generous and "Evolved", and he really is a lovely boss. To the core.

I hate to say it, but Donald Trump learned a lot from Stern.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Sal's definitely smarter than average, he just has the points put into 'clever' and not 'wisdom'

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Percelus posted:

if howard wasn't such a terrible boss maybe after decades of being a show business legend he could find better people than brent hadley or guys who literally need to jerk each other off to fill airtime

He doesn't care about the product he's putting out there, that much is evident. The show's purpose nowadays is to help tout his "evolved" persona, and when you have guys like Chris Wilding and Mike Trainor as your "go-to" for safe, below Morning Zoo caliber "comedy", who will work for pennies on the dollar (with that saved money going directly to Howard), you get the current era of THSS.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I wonder if there's a morning zoo name generator out there.

Philly D and the Beast
Cranpo and the Wack
BJ and the Fart

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

wait the brent hadley twitch stream didn't even last a week? his fail from grace is the last good bit to come from THSS even if it is really depressing at this point

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
What grace? Brent always sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

good point. did nobody at the stern show know he had that cartoon image of himself