Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Rain is the best. Real good for sneaking up on people and makes it harder for snipers to pick you off from a mile away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Great Beer posted:

Rain is the best. Real good for sneaking up on people and makes it harder for snipers to pick you off from a mile away.

I love rain raids in Tarkov.

Rain raids best raids

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Rain is fine when it's not just constantly pouring. I also love the rain. When it used to happen, i'd get so excited at the change. Now, the change seems to be normal weather. I'd also love to see snow someday. Can you imagine getting a warning someone is nearby because of the crunching of snow? Or even better, being able to see footsteps and track where someone has gone? I can't imagine the coding they'd have to do to implement that, but it sure would be neat.

Also brutally hot days where your hydration decreases faster. Super windy days that could even affect your aim at extreme distances. I love adding more realistic elements to the game, and with this kind of game stuff like that kind of makes sense.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

ShowTime posted:

Rain is fine when it's not just constantly pouring. I also love the rain. When it used to happen, i'd get so excited at the change. Now, the change seems to be normal weather. I'd also love to see snow someday. Can you imagine getting a warning someone is nearby because of the crunching of snow? Or even better, being able to see footsteps and track where someone has gone? I can't imagine the coding they'd have to do to implement that, but it sure would be neat.

Also brutally hot days where your hydration decreases faster. Super windy days that could even affect your aim at extreme distances. I love adding more realistic elements to the game, and with this kind of game stuff like that kind of makes sense.

having to adjust your aim for wind would probably be awful imo

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Hazdoc posted:

having to adjust your aim for wind would probably be awful imo

You know they'd add windage adjustment for sights and everybody would forget about it

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
They should just pull a SCUM and add a radial poop and pee menu and if you don’t poop when the poop meter is full your character enters a non-cancellable poop animation

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

causticBeet posted:

They should just pull a SCUM and add a radial poop and pee menu and if you don’t poop when the poop meter is full your character enters a non-cancellable poop animation

Toilet paper is already in the game soooo

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

If you poop or pee in your pants your operator gets embarassed and suffers movement speed penalties when around other pmcs or scavs because he's trying to twitch his hips to prevent them from seeing it

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
But the scavs see it because scav aim is real.

God I really want to be able to poo poo my pants in this game.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

ShowTime posted:

But the scavs see it because scav aim is real.

more like ShowerTime

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

ShowTime posted:

New thread title.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

causticBeet posted:

playing ring around the rosie with a gearlord until he shits himself uncontrollably

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Nikita mentioned something in one of the videos about a "comfort system" I assume it will be something like a heat level based on how much armor you're wearing or something else that we'll have to keep track of and slow us down.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I am glad this game strives for realism *repairs broken leg with some scissors and tape, chugs a gallon of mayonnaise, then enters a full sprint with 70kg of gear*

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

realism such as:

*Shoot a Scav player lighting me up on Factory*

*1300 scavs turn in unison, their eyes glowing, screaming in one voice "CHEEKYBREEKY"*

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

causticBeet posted:

After that you will be detectable from at least 25 meters even sitting still. Players around you will have a poop emoji special icon on their hud

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

causticBeet posted:

I am glad this game strives for realism *repairs broken leg with some scissors and tape, chugs a gallon of mayonnaise, then enters a full sprint with 70kg of gear*

This game has a perfectly realistic damage model.

I got shot in the stomach 10 times, got corona virus cough from it, got annoyed by it after waking around for 5 min, then popped some ibuprofen and was fine.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
yeah for how interesting the damage system is, limb damage should be a LITTLE bit more deadly. Its kinda ridiculous that you can shoot somebody 8-9 times in the arm and they can survive that.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I for one, can't wait for the poop/pee system so I can take legit shits on my dead enemies, and then die to someone while doing it so they can take a poo poo on me.

Because that's what people are going to do.

Entire communities will form around the e-honor of *not* taking shits on your kills and the brown sea will fill with disgust and anger of the people being literally poo poo on in Tarkov.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Fees get expensive on flea. Found a RK-GN key or whatever, 1,5mil. Flea suggested 300k+ fees. I put the key up for 1 junkbox, fee only 100k. I guess that was a decent deal!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Bucnasti posted:

Nikita mentioned something in one of the videos about a "comfort system" I assume it will be something like a heat level based on how much armor you're wearing or something else that we'll have to keep track of and slow us down.

Well, heat skills are already in, just disabled. And snow was talked as post-1.0 DLC.
So there might be heat management down the line.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
All i want is some goddamn immersion or realism make it so the silencer heats up and if you bump into your buddies they grunt and yell

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!
Goddammit.
After dying several times in a row in Woods depleting mye entire fortune trying to finish that quest where you have to kill scavs in UNTAR armor, I finally manage to kill a couple of scavs and even a PMC at the Cliff Descent. The dude is carrying three SVDS', two of them with REAP-IR scopes, two pristine Altyn helmets with face-shields, a pristine Zhuk-6a, an AAPC filled with up with magazines with SNB bullets and another REAP-IR scope.
He's carrying the dog-tags of two people killed by Shturman's guards, so I guess he was the only survivor.

After patching up two black legs and popping a Propital I've got about 8 minutes left in the raid, so I estimate I'll be able reach my exit with time to spare. I hobble along, stopping to regenerate my stamina a couple of times. As expected the car is gone from the south exit, but I'm not worried. I've got plenty of time. I reach ZB-014 with about a minute left on the timer, so I take the time to loot it finding a blue fuel can and another REAP-IR scope!

Then I unlock the door and walk in with 20 seconds left.
A perfect raid, perfectly timed...

I've taken that exit a dozen times, it's never been closed before, I didn't even realise that was possible. :(
And since I went MIA I guess all the stuff won't be returned by insurance, so sorry about that St4n0f, JamiesDivison and Heiiden :shrug:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

So the error is you didn't look what exfils you were eligible to use, and just assumed that would work?

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Ihmemies posted:

Fees get expensive on flea. Found a RK-GN key or whatever, 1,5mil. Flea suggested 300k+ fees. I put the key up for 1 junkbox, fee only 100k. I guess that was a decent deal!

There's an overly complicated formula for the fees based on how far away you are from the "proper" price.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Ihmemies posted:

So the error is you didn't look what exfils you were eligible to use, and just assumed that would work?

it could have been eligible, but the green smoke needs to be up for the extract to actually be open. There's a chance it isn't.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
There is an official BSG stream today at 2300 Moscow time (4PM EST) and they'll be announcing the wipe and some other stuff. Wipe will likely be end of May from what streamers are saying.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Ihmemies posted:

Yes that's exactly what he's saying. Quit showing off those reading skills already.

I still need 2 more broken gphones for the quest, mechanic I think, and I haven't seen one in like 50 raids+. I know they're rare but these fetch quests for random rear end in-raid items (especially 10 of them) is as big of a pain in the rear end as Jaeger's poo poo.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

ChesterJT posted:

Yes that's exactly what he's saying. Quit showing off those reading skills already.

I still need 2 more broken gphones for the quest, mechanic I think, and I haven't seen one in like 50 raids+. I know they're rare but these fetch quests for random rear end in-raid items (especially 10 of them) is as big of a pain in the rear end as Jaeger's poo poo.

Where are you looking? File cabinets are a good spot, if you aren't checking there. Reserves has so many file cabinets, including 3 together in several locations around the map.

Edit: For anyone that's been through a wipe before, what spikes before a wipe? I imagine people start burning through their currency and if there is anything I can get now before it doubles in price, let me know.
Edit 2: Stream is live. You can watch Pestily if you want some commentary.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 24, 2020

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Wipe will be 12.6. 12.5 and 12.6 are both done. 12.5 is tested and coming out next week. 12.6 is also tested but Nikita won't say when it's coming out.

The massive change in 12.6 will be a change to flea market. You will only be able to list items found in raid on the flea market now. No buying from a trader and reselling. Huge change I think everyone but relisters will be happy with. Run through status will disqualify items from being found in raid. Unfortunately, you can just kill yourself to get rid of that run through status, so that doesn't help with hatchlings at all.

Edit: 12.5 patch notes. (Forum link, but its down because it got slammed, so there is an image too:

https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/123485-patch-01246440/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-1728038

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 24, 2020

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Wait so in 12.6 I can't sell items I crafted in my Hideout to others? Or I can't buy items like gas or containers or whatever from others? :rip:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Ihmemies posted:

Wait so in 12.6 I can't sell items I crafted in my Hideout to others? Or I can't buy items like gas or containers or whatever from others? :rip:

crafted items are (currently) marked as found in raid, and gas will generally be found it raid

but like you can't make money by reselling your allotment of ammo (which I think they'll need to increase as a consequence)

LGD fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 24, 2020

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
The one note is that if you find an item in raid, take it into raid, it no longer becomes found in raid and is now locked to you. Or that's according to what Pestily said. I've never actually noticed that myself. If that's true, you won't be able to find a key in raid, use it in the next raid and then sell it later. It basically binds to you.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
that's going to affect ammo availability for a lot of players, for certain.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Which could be good and bad. Hopefully the limited availability of some ammo types encourages different weapon use. It could also just mean the gap between a hardcore player and a casual player just gets larger and larger.

It's gonna be a very interesting patch, for sure. I stopped listening to it but they were discussing so many things coming with 12.6. It's gonna be a massive patch.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

ShowTime posted:

You will only be able to list items found in raid on the flea market now. No buying from a trader and reselling. Run through status will disqualify items from being found in raid.

Nikita knows he should want people to play his game right? It seems like they're constantly finding pointless ways to make the game harder, rather than fun. Crippling the flea market is stupid. Is there some group of hardcores in his ear telling him he's making good decisions?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
the reddophile and the streamer are winning big :(

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

ShowTime posted:

Huge change I think everyone but relisters will be happy with.

jesus

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lol this owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Also I'm pretty sure I heard him say in the podcast that found in raid is actually "originated in raid", so you can't kill somebody, take their stuff, and flea it - I guess just use it or vendor it